December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Kelly - Ava is on the comfort and I've noticed a big difference in her colic! I use tommee tippee anti colic teats number 2 and variflow although the variflow teats are slightly bigger but she doesnt have a problem with the changing of them

Chloe you need to make sure your pictures are .jpg and not too big, you can just resize and then upload

thanks Anouska - i do her bottles by ml and they're always slightly over the fl oz mark could that be why she has a slightly runny bum? Maybe I should do to fl oz mark instead?

Cool I'll get a bath then will be nice to get Ava in with me too! It kills my back doing it on the floor in her little bath lol. So the puffiness either side of the incision is normal then isnt it? It is goig down slowly but still there, also getting sensitive sore spots here and there assuming its the feelin slowly coming back.

yeah I'm trying not to let the crying upset me when shes hungry, sometimes its just such a horrendous cry it breaks my heart!

right hand click over the image you want to upload and click properties and see what type of file it is, sounds to me like its not a .jpg

Niamh stars smakaing her lips and sucking her hand about 10 mins before she starts crying

thanks Anouska - i do her bottles by ml and they're always slightly over the fl oz mark could that be why she has a slightly runny bum? Maybe I should do to fl oz mark instead?

Cool I'll get a bath then will be nice to get Ava in with me too! It kills my back doing it on the floor in her little bath lol. So the puffiness either side of the incision is normal then isnt it? It is goig down slowly but still there, also getting sensitive sore spots here and there assuming its the feelin slowly coming back.

yeah I'm trying not to let the crying upset me when shes hungry, sometimes its just such a horrendous cry it breaks my heart!

could b hun when ailsa was constipatted the mw advised putting an extra ounce of water in her bottles for 24 hrs to loosen her up.

i have a baby bath that sits on our bath so avoids having to bend too low! DH always baths A tho cause i was too scared when she was new and tiny!!!

i know hun but u've just gotta try and tune out to it a bit - it won't b long and she'll be shouting at u instead of crying!!!! A was on her playmat yesterday and was getting a bit frustrated by something and shouted out then next thing i knew she'd fallen asleep!!!!!

First trip away with Niamh this weekend, were going over to the inlaws in blackpool for the weekend.

Oh joy

He managed 3 hours in this room this morning, but now just won't settle. He'll sleep in my arms and have random outbursts of cries :shrug: he won't go in his Moses at the moment either he wakes up :shrug:

Every single midwife ive had has said not to put LO on comfort milk :shrug: the HV even said it as well. Apparently it's like having a cake for lunch for them :wacko: she said it's really startchy. Theyre all so against it and I don't know why...surely it's good if it helps with wind poos etc. Ness, how often does your LO feed on the comfort milk? I find it impossible to get a feed to him before he starts crying as well. He stirs for a bit which gives me time to put the kettle on boil to warm up a bottle but then he starts crying while it's warming up. I used to make every feed fresh and he'd be crying for 20 minutes or so on and off (OH cuddles and dummy). So glad I premake feeds now as he's only crying for 10 minutes max.

LO fed at 9 and took 4oz and then about half an hour/45 minutes later took another 3oz :wacko: surely that's way too much! :dohh:

Ducky l think Oliver and Dara could be as old, what is his birthday?

I think they are :) 11th december.

Yay! Heh, good day for having a baby :) How heavy is he now?

it sounds like a strawberry birthmark to me, Ailsa has a little one on her forehead, they do get bigger but then they tend to shrink/disappear by the time they're a year old.

Really good to hear. Dara has a large one, shaped like a butterfly and I was afraid it would never go away.

speaking of c secs when does the bulge around yur scar go down? How long til it looks normal again and when can I get a bath? just having showers at the moment!

how do you guys measure your water for formula? By ounce or ml?

I have to admit I can't even touch my C-section scar, I loathe it. It's scary and it doesn't hurt but it's really awkward to touch so I avoid it like the plague. It's terrible enough when the shower stream hits it...

ML here but then again it depends where you are I guess.

Do any of you formula feeding ever manage to get a bottle to your LO before they start screaming? I dont know how anyone would manage it!

Don't you feed every 3 or 4 hours? We have it done and hot for her before she screams sometimes, especially in the night, she is still sleepy when her 3 hours are up.

BTW, how many people are on every 4 hours vs. every 3 hours? We can't seem to extend her to 4 as she starts screaming bloody murder after 3 and a half.

Turns out all her symptoms point to 'silent reflux' & hv advised me to change her milk from aptamil 1st to aptamil comfort & go back to our DrBrowns bottles

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Browns, they really make a difference.

Niamh stars smakaing her lips and sucking her hand about 10 mins before she starts crying

Aww that is cute! And very handy :)

LO fed at 9 and took 4oz and then about half an hour/45 minutes later took another 3oz :wacko: surely that's way too much! :dohh:

After a rough start and barely putting on weight I go by "the fatter the better" and let her eat as much as she can handle without throwing up when she wants it, typically every few days - at the end of the day I figure if she were breastfed she'd eat as much as she wanted anyhow, right?

Anyone else here back to work?

Hope everyone is having a great day.

He managed 3 hours in this room this morning, but now just won't settle. He'll sleep in my arms and have random outbursts of cries :shrug: he won't go in his Moses at the moment either he wakes up :shrug:

Every single midwife ive had has said not to put LO on comfort milk :shrug: the HV even said it as well. Apparently it's like having a cake for lunch for them :wacko: she said it's really startchy. Theyre all so against it and I don't know why...surely it's good if it helps with wind poos etc. Ness, how often does your LO feed on the comfort milk? I find it impossible to get a feed to him before he starts crying as well. He stirs for a bit which gives me time to put the kettle on boil to warm up a bottle but then he starts crying while it's warming up. I used to make every feed fresh and he'd be crying for 20 minutes or so on and off (OH cuddles and dummy). So glad I premake feeds now as he's only crying for 10 minutes max.

You poor thing, its not easy having an unsettled baby :baby:

If you read my post below, that I wrote this morning, you'll see how much the comfort milk has helped my LO :thumbup:

Other than being unsettled between feeds, what else are you experiencing?

Meadow has very smelly 'bottom burps'....She was fussing over her bottles, flinging herself around & crying...Wind noises in her tummy....Crying between feedings (for no apparant reason ~ although i now know why)....'gasping' & hiccupping ALOT......................These symptoms all pointed in the direction of 'silent reflux' & since I have been trying all the things suggested, along with the new milk, she has been alot better (not 100% but much better)

Morning Girls.....:flower:

Hope everyone & their LO's are well :kiss:

Thanks to those that replied to my post about what was wrong with her & thanks for the links to colic/reflux pages :hugs:

After trying about 6 different bottles/teats & Meadow still being 'fussy' having a bottle...I rang the health visitor to discuss the possibility of reflux/wind/colic

Turns out all her symptoms point to 'silent reflux' & hv advised me to change her milk from aptamil 1st to aptamil comfort & go back to our DrBrowns bottles

I did this & so far I have seen a great improvement, she can now drink her bottle :happydance: She is still suffering a little with it, but at least now I know whats wrong with her :baby:

Hopefully she wont need to get any medication for it...FX

I think there is only jenny (minch) back at work. We get 9 months off in the uk so im not back till the summer

Mayb a growth spurt, Ailsa suddenly wanted feeeding more and more often when she was around 2 weeks old, lasted a few days and then she settled down again.

Ailsa is generally feeding every 3 hours during the day but if we're out and about she will go to 4 hours - shes was actually due a feed at 1pm but is quite happily talking to her reflection atm! I just leave her till she start griping and whinging at me then i go get a bottle ready for her.

MissAma you can just about see Ailsas little strawberry birth mark on her forehead in my avatar pic - it has grown a bit since she was, it started out quite small and just a skin pigmentation but now its raised kinda like a spot and has gotten a bit bigger

Im torn because i know i will miss her but at the same time i love my job and need to be mentaly stimulated. Im glad i get to spend so much time with her as they grow up so fast but im also bored out of my tree.

You poor thing, its not easy having an unsettled baby :baby:

If you read my post below, that I wrote this morning, you'll see how much the comfort milk has helped my LO :thumbup:

Other than being unsettled between feeds, what else are you experiencing?

Meadow has very smelly 'bottom burps'....She was fussing over her bottles, flinging herself around & crying...Wind noises in her tummy....Crying between feedings (for no apparant reason ~ although i now know why)....'gasping' & hiccupping ALOT......................These symptoms all pointed in the direction of 'silent reflux' & since I have been trying all the things suggested, along with the new milk, she has been alot better (not 100% but much better)

Morning Girls.....:flower:

Hope everyone & their LO's are well :kiss:

Thanks to those that replied to my post about what was wrong with her & thanks for the links to colic/reflux pages :hugs:

After trying about 6 different bottles/teats & Meadow still being 'fussy' having a bottle...I rang the health visitor to discuss the possibility of reflux/wind/colic

I did this & so far I have seen a great improvement, she can now drink her bottle :happydance: She is still suffering a little with it, but at least now I know whats wrong with her :baby:

Hopefully she wont need to get any medication for it...FX

Well at the moment hes crying lots for no reason. Now for instance - I've changed him, fed him & am cuddling him yet he'll have a random outburst of crying for no reason. He does it when he's 'asleep' too - he'll stir and then have a whinge. LO had loads of farts but they don't smell, & he hasn't pood since Monday night :shrug:

Not sure if this is related but I read something regarding silent reflux - screwing face up as if tasting something bad during feeds. LO does this - I burp him often (every oz or so) and then when I put the teat back to his mouth he'll pull a funny face :shrug:

I don't understand why HV was talking about comfort milk as if it were evil yesterday :shrug: All midwives and HV have said not to put him on it ??

Ahhh Freddie is sooooooo clingy today!!! Won't let me put him down!
I need to do stuff and mainly eat!

Mmmm, your LO could well have silent reflux, I never thought mine had it, until I had exausted all other options! :dohh:

I started a new thread about it too & it has lots of usefull tips & sdvice on how to help your LO, not only changing the milk helps :winkwink:

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/512500-silent-reflux-helps-your-lo.html

I have no idea why your HV seems against it? Mine recommended it straight away! :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->