December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

For those who havnt reg'd there babies yet, duuno if its the same where yous are, but Northern Ireland you only have so long to reg your baby.

Im hoping to not go back! I don't know how i would cope :cry:

Well it's not easy but needs must. I do have a live camera on her all the time and have my laptop screen split so I essentially see her most of the day and spend as much time as I can with her in the mornings and evenings and all weekend.

MissAma you can just about see Ailsas little strawberry birth mark on her forehead in my avatar pic - it has grown a bit since she was, it started out quite small and just a skin pigmentation but now its raised kinda like a spot and has gotten a bit bigger

I'm attaching a picture of Dara where it's evident, right between her eyes and pink-ish. So relieved to hear it will go away eventually.

I read this before and was rather alarmed....
https://www.angelfire.com/wa2/hemangiomabirthmark/

See the one Eva has on her back, is like erm tomato red :shrug:

Yea i think its 40 something days.
What happens if you dont? I have already but just wondered :haha:

It's 6'weeks to register the birth here I've had section and infection so can't leave the house yet but going to register when Ava is 5 weeks

Well it's not easy but needs must. I do have a live camera on her all the time and have my laptop screen split so I essentially see her most of the day and spend as much time as I can with her in the mornings and evenings and all weekend.

MissAma you can just about see Ailsas little strawberry birth mark on her forehead in my avatar pic - it has grown a bit since she was, it started out quite small and just a skin pigmentation but now its raised kinda like a spot and has gotten a bit bigger

I'm attaching a picture of Dara where it's evident, right between her eyes and pink-ish. So relieved to hear it will go away eventually.

the one on Ailsa's forehead is tomatoe/strawberry red as well - heres a pic - the hv actually brought it up when I had her weighed a couple of weeks ago - she asked me if I'd noticed the red mark on her forehead and I said yes, it had always been there and just presumed it was a birthmark and she said yes its a strawberry birthmakr and that I may notice it getting bigger but its nothing to worry about and most of them go by the time they're a year old.

Attachments

• DSCN0689.jpg
    DSCN0689.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
It's 6'weeks to register the birth here I've had section and infection so can't leave the house yet but going to register when Ava is 5 weeks

James went and registered Ailsa when she was a week and a half - I was going to go as well but it too slippy, snowy and cold¬!!
I have no idea what happens if you don't get them registered in time but i do know that if you don't claim child benefit and tax credits before a certain amount of time then you lose out as they will only back date it a certain amount of time.

Chloe when BF in public ware two tops, i loose one on top and a vest top underneeth. Your vest top comes down and the loose one goes up.

the one on Ailsa's forehead is tomatoe/strawberry red as well - heres a pic - the hv actually brought it up when I had her weighed a couple of weeks ago - she asked me if I'd noticed the red mark on her forehead and I said yes, it had always been there and just presumed it was a birthmark and she said yes its a strawberry birthmakr and that I may notice it getting bigger but its nothing to worry about and most of them go by the time they're a year old.

Yea Eva's looks alot like that very red which was concerned me most, hopefully HV will say thats what it is on friday an it will give me peace of mind.

Dont no what happens if you dont reg in the so many days given i guess you pay a fine or something not sure? :shrug:

i have a device called a "hooter hider". lol
it is basically a thin piece of cloth with an adjustable strap that goes around your neck to wear it. the top comes out a little bit so you can see you baby while bf, but no one else can. it's great for bf in public.

I thing the :witch: arrived today but i thought your first one was suppost to hurt.

I have yet to register Charlie as well. I think I'll aim to do it the week after next when he's 4 weeks old. So if you leave it too long you don't get child benefit etc? I didn't know that...surely it's if you go past the 6weeks you have to register?

i have a device called a "hooter hider". lol
it is basically a thin piece of cloth with an adjustable strap that goes around your neck to wear it. the top comes out a little bit so you can see you baby while bf, but no one else can. it's great for bf in public.

hooter hider!! lmao that made me giggle!!!

I thing the :witch: arrived today but i thought your first one was suppost to hurt.

mine didn't hurt was just really heavy!

I have yet to register Charlie as well. I think I'll aim to do it the week after next when he's 4 weeks old. So if you leave it too long you don't get child benefit etc? I didn't know that...surely it's if you go past the 6weeks you have to register?

u still get child u have benfit its just if u don't apply for it within a certain time of the birthj then u miss out on the backdated payments - i think its something like u have 12 weeks - it should say on the form u got in yr bounty pack in hospital.

Thanks, I'll take a look :flower:

Charlie seems to whinge and then fart and then stop having a cry. Do you guys think that his gas could be causing him pain? He randomly cries, especially after having a bottle. Is that colic if it's farts, or is colic burps? Does comfort milk aid the gas? His farts don't smell at all though, and he's pooping every 2-3 days - I got a lovely big wet green one at 4am this morning :sick:

Charlie seems to whinge and then fart and then stop having a cry. Do you guys think that his gas could be causing him pain? He randomly cries, especially after having a bottle. Is that colic if it's farts, or is colic burps? Does comfort milk aid the gas? His farts don't smell at all though, and he's pooping every 2-3 days - I got a lovely big wet green one at 4am this morning :sick:

have a read of this hun - it should help you work out if it is colic:
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/colic/

It could just be trapped wind:
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/wind/

Hope these help :hug:

Freddie has just really started fussing on my boob and won't latch! :cry:
Thought all this crap was over with :(

Freddie has just really started fussing on my boob and won't latch! :cry:
Thought all this crap was over with :(

Ivy goes through days of doing that - is he extra windy or anything? Normally with Ivy she will fuss for a few hours and then get up loads of wind.

Or sometimes she just needs to be away from me, she isnt hungry but when I cuddle her she obviously can smell me and wants to be on the boob but then fusses because she isnt actually hungry :wacko:

I always bf when im out. first time you self concious about it but soon get to the point when you dont care.

James now weighs 10lb 8oz and is now wearing 0-3 sleepsuits but still fits newborn clothes lol

He is going to the childminders for 3 hours this afternoon, 1st time. Im dreading and looking forward to it at the same time. She is wonderful and one of my best friends, so will be like a 2nd home for him. Although im planning on only going back part time in the summer.

"Laura baby Niamh is crying, come down stairs"

"Im just having a wee, il be down in a second"

"Tough, stop having a wee. Baby Niamh is crying, you need to come feed her from your boobies now"

I just got told off by my baby brother :rofl:

have a read of this hun - it should help you work out if it is colic:
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/colic/

It could just be trapped wind:
https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/health/wind/

Hope these help :hug:

Thanks hun!

So far it seems like a cross between the two but more windy than colicky. He doesn't cry for ages, just when he seems uncomfortable and then farts and stops. I'm gonna start giving him infacol again, see if that helps. If it doesn't then I'll try him on the comfort milk :thumbup:

My gosh I'm so tired. He's fed about 3 times in the past 5 hours and almost finished 4oz each time :dohh: I literally doze off and he wakes screaming for food :dohh: growth spurt me thinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->