December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Here is a pic of the red blotch on Eva's back, im so glad we have HV tomoz so i can show her it.

MIL n FIL arrive here in the morning from manchester to stay with us for 4 days, Kinda dreading it but could be better than im thinking :shrug:

Attachments

• DSC00861.jpg
    DSC00861.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 8
Thanks, I'll take a look :flower:

Charlie seems to whinge and then fart and then stop having a cry. Do you guys think that his gas could be causing him pain? He randomly cries, especially after having a bottle. Is that colic if it's farts, or is colic burps? Does comfort milk aid the gas? His farts don't smell at all though, and he's pooping every 2-3 days - I got a lovely big wet green one at 4am this morning :sick:

Meadow does this too :baby:

Thanks hun!

So far it seems like a cross between the two but more windy than colicky. He doesn't cry for ages, just when he seems uncomfortable and then farts and stops. I'm gonna start giving him infacol again, see if that helps. If it doesn't then I'll try him on the comfort milk :thumbup:

My gosh I'm so tired. He's fed about 3 times in the past 5 hours and almost finished 4oz each time :dohh: I literally doze off and he wakes screaming for food :dohh: growth spurt me thinks!

If the infacol doesnt help & seems to make him worse, it really could be 'silent reflux' as this is what happened to Meadow & ive since found out infacol makes it worse :baby:

Hi...

I'm 10 pages behind (which I will probably read) but this is the first time i've been on since the beginning of one of the worse ordeals in my life.

I thought I'd keep you all informed since the support on bnb is always a blessing.

On the 18th, Silas had just woken up for his roundabout midnight feed. He fed for only 5 mins, (which he does sometimes, then another 5 mins in an hour or so) then wouldn't settle. He had little intermitant cries but they didn't last for long and I dosed beside him till about 3.30am, when I decided he should probably take some more feed.

I noticed him arching himself to breathe, and he cried a little, it sounded weak. The scariest thing I've ever been through was to pick his little body out of his crib whilst his chest worked so hard to breathe, eyes half open, white as a sheet. The bit that got me was how floppy he was and I started crying, rang up my maternity ward to check with them - they said to ring an ambulance.

I rang my parents in a state of tears, who rang me the ambulance (I guess I refused to believe whatever was wrong with him could be so serious) and I held him (for the last time so far since) whilst the ambulance arrived.

He was given Oxygen and rushed to the childrens hospital. It seemed like ages before I got to see him, I was a wreck and in my PJs, slippers and a coat. :cry:

He had Xrays and I was told he most likely had Bronchitis. He had an IV in his head and was being given a high percentage of oxygen via a mask, I was told he was too sick to stay on a normal ward and he went off to intensive card.

It took the guts of two hours to get him set up on a million lines and a ventilator, also sedation. At a later stage he also got a catherter. The problem had been with his little nose - they couldn't get the tube up it for his air so it had to be strapped in his mouth. His little face is all covered in tape to hold it in place :(, they had managed to get a feeding tube in however and it wasn't long before I expressed and they started giving him my milk (I was leaking everywhere by that stage and expressed 8oz of milk o_O).

So he has physio twice a day to help get the gunk out of his lungs, one on one care and lots of machines all hooked up to him. There was another little 4 week old baby who had the same thing, he had actually stopped breathing when he was bought in...I'm so glad we were in when we were, Silas was tiring quickly. The other baby had been there a week, but was going down to a normal ward that day - which is encouraging.

He had two ultrasounds donw of his brain yesterday (through the soft spot) because he had some worrying movements apparently, so now the neuro people are involved. The scans looked normal though, which is good - but he's still on precautionary meds for meningitis. I'm hoping they won't have to do a lumbard puncture or a CT scan but it could happen. You spend all the time wishing it was you and not your baby.

I've been down as much as I can, I can't stand being away from him. I feel like a cold zombie and stupidly tired despite having more sleep than i'm used too. I'm going down again now - I'm sure you can imagine what i'm going through. I'm a wreck. A bloody wreck. The only comfort I have is that he's getting my milk so I keep on expressing, I just want to hold him but I am grateful I can touch him and kiss his head. They are taking him off one sedative this morning so the neuro team can observe his movements - I'm just hoping it'll be good news today.

:cry:

How terrible , it must have been so scary

Thinking of you & Silas...:hugs: Get well soon LO

EmyDra - I know what you're going through to a degree, we had Dara in the hospital for a few days two weeks ago too. It's horrid. No feeling like it, you just wonder why everyone else's baby is fine but yours and what can you do to help. My thoughts are with you!

Eva's sign looks far more red than pink, more like the description of the strawberry mark. I'm sure it will be nothing.

I have been meaning to ask you two things for ages:

A. Does everyone's baby smile at you yet? We'll be 6 weeks on Sat and while she smiles at gas A LOT she mostly frowns when she looks at me. Insulting to say the least :)

and

B. Anyone's baby making serious grunting noises all the time? She sounds like a trucker straining to poo! Or what I imagine a 40 year old 200 lbs trucker having a poo sounds like. And she does this to various degrees almost all day and sometimes even while she sleeps!

He started smiling a bit at 6 weeks but it was hard work and now he smiles A LOT!

Hi...

I'm 10 pages behind (which I will probably read) but this is the first time i've been on since the beginning of one of the worse ordeals in my life.

I thought I'd keep you all informed since the support on bnb is always a blessing.

On the 18th, Silas had just woken up for his roundabout midnight feed. He fed for only 5 mins, (which he does sometimes, then another 5 mins in an hour or so) then wouldn't settle. He had little intermitant cries but they didn't last for long and I dosed beside him till about 3.30am, when I decided he should probably take some more feed.

I noticed him arching himself to breathe, and he cried a little, it sounded weak. The scariest thing I've ever been through was to pick his little body out of his crib whilst his chest worked so hard to breathe, eyes half open, white as a sheet. The bit that got me was how floppy he was and I started crying, rang up my maternity ward to check with them - they said to ring an ambulance.

I rang my parents in a state of tears, who rang me the ambulance (I guess I refused to believe whatever was wrong with him could be so serious) and I held him (for the last time so far since) whilst the ambulance arrived.

He was given Oxygen and rushed to the childrens hospital. It seemed like ages before I got to see him, I was a wreck and in my PJs, slippers and a coat. :cry:

He had Xrays and I was told he most likely had Bronchitis. He had an IV in his head and was being given a high percentage of oxygen via a mask, I was told he was too sick to stay on a normal ward and he went off to intensive card.

It took the guts of two hours to get him set up on a million lines and a ventilator, also sedation. At a later stage he also got a catherter. The problem had been with his little nose - they couldn't get the tube up it for his air so it had to be strapped in his mouth. His little face is all covered in tape to hold it in place :(, they had managed to get a feeding tube in however and it wasn't long before I expressed and they started giving him my milk (I was leaking everywhere by that stage and expressed 8oz of milk o_O).

So he has physio twice a day to help get the gunk out of his lungs, one on one care and lots of machines all hooked up to him. There was another little 4 week old baby who had the same thing, he had actually stopped breathing when he was bought in...I'm so glad we were in when we were, Silas was tiring quickly. The other baby had been there a week, but was going down to a normal ward that day - which is encouraging.

He had two ultrasounds donw of his brain yesterday (through the soft spot) because he had some worrying movements apparently, so now the neuro people are involved. The scans looked normal though, which is good - but he's still on precautionary meds for meningitis. I'm hoping they won't have to do a lumbard puncture or a CT scan but it could happen. You spend all the time wishing it was you and not your baby.

I've been down as much as I can, I can't stand being away from him. I feel like a cold zombie and stupidly tired despite having more sleep than i'm used too. I'm going down again now - I'm sure you can imagine what i'm going through. I'm a wreck. A bloody wreck. The only comfort I have is that he's getting my milk so I keep on expressing, I just want to hold him but I am grateful I can touch him and kiss his head. They are taking him off one sedative this morning so the neuro team can observe his movements - I'm just hoping it'll be good news today.

Sorry to hear this hun. He's in the best place and I'm wishing your little Silas and you all the best :hugs::hugs:

I'm currently sat in costa coffee as madden has decided that my shopping trip is not important and he must have food!

Have to say so far it's been younger people I've had disapproving looks off of but hey ho not going to let it spoil my trip or knock my confidence!

I'm struggling to feed him with a bottle while out because he wants to wriggle so hats off to those of you that are bfing!!

I'm hoping he'll sleep once he's fed so I can get my hair trimmed but we shall see!!

I don't think i ever could BF in public...not that i don't agree with it and i do at my familys houses. I am just not confident enough!
Its pretty depressing seeing people who go out shopping and get 9hrs sleep and heres me unable to do any of those things :(
Oooh and hows Lil Rosie doing??
Yes it is depressing seeing everyone confident enough to go out and bf - I know how you feel. Rosie is doing fine thanks hun. we have our ups and downs - just the same as everyone I guess :shrug:

Niamh stars smakaing her lips and sucking her hand about 10 mins before she starts crying

Caitlyn is the same - dont get as much as 10 minutes though

I do have mastitis -well the beginnings of it. Boobs are covered in rash :nope::cry:
but trying to stave it off with frequent feeds and some expressing on the sore boob. They arent as painful tonight as last night so im hopeful it will be okay. Hoping to attend a bf group Tuesday for some tips and encouragement.

Caitlyn is definately putting on weight already MW is back to weigh her tomorrow but you can already see it!:happydance:

Have been having pain from C-section -not the scar but from the internal wound - think i over did things. I find it so hard to remember to take it easy and remember i have had major surgery under a week ago. Hating my bulging belly but am assuming its partly bruising and swelling from the op.

Just running in an out - day 6 and we are still getting used to each other! :thumbup:

Mizze xx
Sounds like you've over done things hun. I am still sore 5 weeks after section and this too was caused by doing too much housework :dohh:

UGh he just sicked up his whole feed and is now hungry again!!!
Oh Chloe - it's frustrating isn't it. :blush:

Freddie has just really started fussing on my boob and won't latch! :cry:
Thought all this crap was over with :(
Rosie does this too. Usually when she is tired and I am reading her signs wrong :dohh:

Hi...

So so sorry to read this EmyDra. Sending you and Silas lots of hugs of strength. You are doing such a fantastic job expressing for him - best thing in the world for him right now :thumbup:

Freddie screams/crys in his sleep too....then stops and is still asleep.
I think its just something they do :shrug:
yep something they do!!

EmyDra - I know what you're going through to a degree, we had Dara in the hospital for a few days two weeks ago too. It's horrid. No feeling like it, you just wonder why everyone else's baby is fine but yours and what can you do to help. My thoughts are with you!

Eva's sign looks far more red than pink, more like the description of the strawberry mark. I'm sure it will be nothing.

I have been meaning to ask you two things for ages:

A. Does everyone's baby smile at you yet? We'll be 6 weeks on Sat and while she smiles at gas A LOT she mostly frowns when she looks at me. Insulting to say the least :)

and

B. Anyone's baby making serious grunting noises all the time? She sounds like a trucker straining to poo! Or what I imagine a 40 year old 200 lbs trucker having a poo sounds like. And she does this to various degrees almost all day and sometimes even while she sleeps!
Rosie gives the occasional smiles but I also get the frowns alot!! :rofl: we get grunting noises too but not all day - just mainly before she poos!!

I swear Ava is starting to smile already, when shes alert and I'm sat talking to her and pulling faces she smiles and I'm sure its not wind! Mind you given she was nearly 2 week overdue sure shes got the mindset of a 5 week old :haha: she was trying to lift her head at a week old though she obviously cant support it herself yet.

Mizze make sure you keep on top of your meds that helped me loads xx

Emydra.. :hugs: I can't even imagine! J was in the hospital when she was first born, but this is so different.

J has been smiling consistently for almost 2 weeks now. Her crys are also changing.. she crys and she yells. you can hear the difference when she is upset or just mouthing off. She will also "talk" at you if you are talking to her. It's adorable.

We decided to go part time cloth. So far it seems ok. Just ordered some more and can't wait until they get here! The patterns are so cute, I can't wait for summer so someone other than us can see them :)

Anyone else's LO hate their carseat? I'm not sure what to do about it... I have to drive an average of 1-2 hours a day every weekday (not all at once..) and she will scream and cry the whole time. I can tune it out most of the time, but I'd really like to get her around it. We want to visit my dad this summer and 12 hours in a car with a screaming baby will drive me mad.

Can PND start at any time?
Ive just started feeling really down on myself and sad all the time (probably doesn't help not being able to go out much!)...not sure if its just normal tho :shrug:

Ive just started feeling really down on myself and sad all the time (probably doesn't help not being able to go out much!)...not sure if its just normal tho :shrug:

Hi mummyclo

It could just be feeling low especially as you haven't been going out often but best get it checked.
Have you looked at this?
https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Postnataldepression/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Thanks for the answers on the smiles ladies.... I guess I should give her a break, she was over 3 weeks premature afterall so if she were on time she would have only been 2 weeks now.:shrug:

It can.... please read as much as you can about it and tell your HV.

I believe I have a light form too but it's not surprising and I have no time to go get the consultation or the pills...

Were only just starting to get smiles this past week but she was 5 weeks early.

Chloe it might just be because youv not been getting out, lack of sunlight can make you feel down.

However TMI, TMI, TMI alert - I have developed a rash at the top of my thighs into my pubic hair line - originally I think it was a heat/sweat/pad rash but its infected in parts I have noticed and I SMELL. Thankfully midwife is due soon - do not envy her that part of her job! But I might need antibiotics to clear up both infections - hope not - am hoping savlon and frequent feeds will sort them out.

Turns out DH's sisters and his mother's hearing all started to deteriorate in their childhoods (DH is the youngest child) with 1 sister being diagnosed at 5 - I got a long moan about how awful it is not to hear, how mean the other children were to DH's sister, how she refused then to wear the hearing aid because of it, how its blighted Mil's social life to the point she refuses nearly all invites because even with the hearing aid she cant hear. How DH's other sister has it all in front of her and thank god none of HER children have the condition. Now MIL is a nice woman but rather relentlessly negative at times but my god by the end of it I was desperate for DH to take her home so I could have a good cry about my daughters potentially blighted life. DH didnt hear her but did sensibly point out that neither he nor his sister's would recognise their lives as being blighted and that his Mum does use the deafness as a reason not to socialise rather than the other way round but still - im a bit shell shocked and will be a nervous wreck at every hearing test from now on. :nope::nope:

Sorry this turned into a mammoth post!

Mizze xx

On the 'TMI' front it sounds identical to what I had. The smell was crazy and I rang up about it but no one was bothered :shrug:. The 'rash' is more like a discoloured messed up bit of skin which my mum has says she still has - I assumed it was from the delivery...but maybe not?

I was really itchy too and started treating myself for thrush - that seemed to work well. So I had thrush and a UTI :growlmad:

On the other front, times have changed - even if (God forbid) Caitlyn did have a gradual hearing loss, everywhere is a lot more diverse and accepting. I reckon she'd be fine. So long as everyone remained positive etc and your MIL cheered up a bit.
On the other note, if it is genetic, even if it was a dominant gene it would give her the maximum chance of getting it 50/50, it it's not a dominant gene chances are she would be completely unaffected forever.

But it doesn't help with it being discussed all the time and isn't the sort of thing a new mummy needs to hear :hugs: x

Here is a pic of the red blotch on Eva's back, im so glad we have HV tomoz so i can show her it.

MIL n FIL arrive here in the morning from manchester to stay with us for 4 days, Kinda dreading it but could be better than im thinking :shrug:

Did she have it from birth or has it just appeared? Sure the HV will put your mind at ease anyway :)

Anyone's baby making serious grunting noises all the time? She sounds like a trucker straining to poo! Or what I imagine a 40 year old 200 lbs trucker having a poo sounds like. And she does this to various degrees almost all day and sometimes even while she sleeps!

Yes - though i'm sure you don't want to hear that from me! He's done it right from birth though so I assume it's not related to his current aliments. They do suspect that possibly his left nostil doesn't actually go all the way back which they have given as an explanation for the grunting/snuffling, apparently it's relatively common, when babies have both nostiles like that they notice straight away, but just one can take years before anyone notices! You could ask just in case - it's probably a-ok but it'll confirm you don't have that to worry about :). Some babies are just grunty I think!

Hey girls i really need some advice/help...

Imogen has started.. well i think having nightmares or something...
she suddenly screams in her sleep, and when i say scream, its high pitched really really loud (louder then her usual cry for food) last a few seconds then suddenly shes fine again...

i dont know why the hell its started happening... shes done it about 4 time now (not alot i know but its enough to upset me and make me wonder) but nothing ever bad has happened to her to make her scared of anything... so why the raqndome screams in her sleep....

Also have got wierd one-off noises in the night like screams, but he tends to go straight back to sleep like he doesn't notice. No idea, anyone elses LO do this?

Chloe - as far as I know PND can kick in anytime well certainly any time within the first few months. So sorry you are feeling so down.

Caitlyn is about to kick off and need feeding but boy what an afternoon -
Midwife came - said breast rash okay, keep feeding etc. But rash down below cause for concern due to it being so close to foof and cross contamination possible - last thing I need is an infected inside!! So trip to emergency Dr as my surgery is closed thursday afternoon - DH had to be recalled from work as this was the 1 day no one else was available. So got seen by a 12 yr old male Dr (!) boobs checked (Dr agreed with midwife and me so continuing to just feed) had internal exam (again) took swap which we droped at hospital to get it seen to quickly. Tummy prodded but Dr thinks soreness is normal and not infection (thank goodness). Just got in and feel exhausted just from that. Got cream for the foof infection though. Dr gave it a name - which escapes me - fungal infection with added hairs getting blocked etc.

Ooops baby has indeed kicked off and wants feeding. Must go.

Ness - Caitlyn has tried lifting her head - apparently I did the same at only days old

I swear she smiles at us already - even though I know its mainly wishful thinking!

Emy thanks for that. :hug:

Mizze xx

I feel much the same hun xx

Does anyone else feel embarrassed about their body in front of their OH??
I used to not care, but ive not let him even see my tummy since i gave birth! I look disgusting :cry:

Does anyone else feel embarrassed about their body in front of their OH??
I used to not care, but ive not let him even see my tummy since i gave birth! I look disgusting :cry:

I can't really answer this properly but I showed FOB (who's more like a close friend) my tummy and said I wasn't keen on it now. He thought it was funny and said he didn't find it the least bit unattractive, which cheered me up immensely. I'll never have a proper tummy again I doubt, too many marks - but it wasn't great to start with so can't say it bothers me that much. I'm trying to use it as a reminder of how great my body is and all the stuff it has done :)

My body was shit before i got pregnant so apart from a few more strech marks and saggier boobs i look the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->