December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

OH is fantastic with the baby, its the housework hes shit at. If he wont stop playing on the laptop or the ps3 i turn the modem off and the plug sockets downstairs so it all goes off.

Well i need to get packing, wev got our first weekend away and are leaving in a hour, were going to stay with the inlaws in blackpool.

:hugs: I had a feeling there was more too it chick xx

its not what you need right now and hes being very selfish, my OH is the same with his playstation and wants all the cuddles but none of the hard work yet wen I try to tell him the right way to do something I'm criticising him - if they only did thigs right hey?! But I know how you feel me and OH have been arguing a lot lately, a baby is a big strain on a relationship cos its hard work (usually done by mommy!) we're in our 4th week and we're doing much better now though still snipe at each other so it will get easier but he needs to help more with Charlie as he's not just your baby regardless of whether he's working you can always vent here or PM any of us if you need to get stuff of your chest but dont want to say much here - it helps to get it out xx

Thanks hun, it means a lot. Its annoying because I'm with him all day and have started having little routines with LO and really know him best...then OH comes along and just messes it up and does it his way. :shrug: why can't things be simple for us mummies, it's so difficult.

It's hard at the moment as well because we both worked for the same company before I went on maternity and the boss has just resigned and we're being made redundant at the end of the month. We were struggling with money as it was, but at the end of Feb we're not going to be able to pay rent, get food, LOs things etc. We're going to have to go and visit the council and see if we can get housing benefit for awhile until OH finds a new job...which Is gonna be hard because the types of jobs he's qualified for/experienced at have shitloads of people applying for them :shrug: it's just stuff to sort out that I really could do with out sorting, especially since I'm already struggling with LO :shrug:

We were doing ok - both on shit wages but still renting privately in the most expensive area ever & had a reasonable food allowance etc. We have a nice car, but the insurance runs out in Feb n guess what we can't afford it :shrug: it's little things as well - we need the car to go down to the council etc :shrug: it's pretty much in the middle of no where as well, and is ages from a bus stop or train station etc. It just all seems to be piling up and becoming shit :shrug:

All during pregnancy I hated OH and once LO was born I sorta fell for him all over and to know it's not really returned & 'two years of shit' is just a massive kick in the balls, especially since I think of him as my best friend too :shrug:

:hugs:

Cobi's just been weighed and has put on 1lb 5oz in 2 weeks, shes now 9lb 11oz little chubster!

what weight has everyones babies put on since theve been born?

xx

Cobi's just been weighed and has put on 1lb 5oz in 2 weeks, shes now 9lb 11oz little chubster!

xx

Zane has just been weighed today. He was born 7lb13 and today he's 9lb13. Looks like we have thriving babies!

Has anyone started to have you time? Like doing some things you did before having LO? sometimes during the day I have some free time when LO sleeps and really want to start reading my books again but I feel guilty kus I feel like I should be doing something baby related or cleaning or going out for walks :shrug: With all the chaos that a LO brings it feels strange to want to do something...normal...that I used to do before he arrived? Does that make sense lol. Am I the only one? :dohh:

Me time has really just extended to being on bnb, drinking tea, watching tv/films/online stuff. I feel sort of guilty too, even if he is beside me (wish he was beside me now :growlmad:), but it's good - and it keeps you chilled/yourself so you can stay patient and level-headed. x

xx

he was 9lbs 14oz, then down to around 9lbs, now roughly 10lbs but his weight is sorta stuck there until he's out of hospital and feeding properly again. He was gaining pretty rapidly between week 1 and 2

Im lucky as my twin sister has a 9 month old so we kinda talk baby talk all the time plus we work at the same place so she keeps me updated on whats happened in work. I have 1 baby friend who had her son 2 days after Eva but she is very competitive which i dont like!
Havnt seen her from when i just had Eva at the hospital she came in the room next to me at 3cm so i went in to show her Eva, an i said it wasnt that bad pushing Eva out it was the contractions which got me most bad,an she said come back to me once youv had an 8lb baby like me :O! She had an epi an said i handled it with just gas&air because eva was so small i didnt have to do much work?????????

Makes absolutely no difference how much your LO weighs, what a load of toss. The pain of labour and pushing them out is exactly the same i'm sure - 4lbs or 13lbs! Go tell 'miss competitive' that I pushed my 10lb baby out with just gas and air and it made no difference at all. Competitive sillikins annoy me, but she sounds a bit jealous to be honest! (though the thought of a ten pound baby wouldve scared the shiiiit out of me if i'd have known!)

I have a group of older friends with children aged sort of 3 to 9. My ex was 35 and I found I got on with lots of his friends that had families (whereas he avoided seeing them and when we split up I remained friends with all of them). I went to a breastfeeding support group last tuesday and it was fab just to be around other babies and mums. I felt very young, but i'm used to it, they welcomed me fine and made a fuss of my lovely baby <3

Well, they stuck an endoscope up Silas' little nose today and found that although his left nostril is very narrow it does go all the way back but he has overgrown catrildge in it which causes all his grunting/snuffling. There was what they thought was a bit of mucous but when they couldn't suck it up they thought it could potentially be more sinister.

They are precautionarily treating him for meningitis, nasty meds that aren't great on his veins. He did have a lumbar puncture today (which they wouldnt let me watch because apparently it's horrible) so we'll get the results from that soon which can only be good.
If it confirms meningitis its great he's been getting the meds and he can be treated, it must be early stage. And if no meningitis that's obviously even better and I will be a very happy mummy :)
They have started fortifying his milk with some cow and gate substance, since this his little face and head have erupted in spots :(, they maybe added some other formula in order to up the calories in his milk due to the actual fluid intake being restricted (medicine and sedatives affect how much he can have). Bit sad about that but it must be for the best.

He had his first poo since tuesday morning last night...yaaaay :)

Emydra I hope ur lil fella makes a speedy recovery :hugs:

I hope all u ladies are well, 2 under 2 leaves me with very little me time!

Sam you sound so stressed out honey is your OH helping out? Hope you're not struggling on your own xx

Yeah he does to some extent, hes working so he looks after LO from 8/9pm until 12/1am. I ask him to give him his infacol, change his nappy and then feed him - last night LO was screaming for ages in living room (where OH watches him) an OH was on xbox, hadn't given him his infacol and hadnt changed him but had his bottle warming up :shrug: i asked him why LO was crying so hard and OH was just like, 'don't worry he's fine'. Well he likes a cuddle and some interaction before LO feeds etc, cuddling him sometimes calms him down. So we had an argument, OH did what he was supposed to in the end, but then came into the bedroom at like 1am and looked for our tenancy agreement. When I asked him what he was doing he said that he was looking to see if he could pull out the tenancy if he wanted to. So i asked if he was leaving, he said no but wants to see if he can...so I asked was it all because I had a go at you for not tending to your son and he said no it's two years of shit :shrug: so I spent the night crying & thinking shit thoughts and wanting everything to go back to normal & wished some shit thoughts. :shrug:

Hi Sam, I am really sorry to hear you are having such a bad time at the mo, sending you big hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

xx

Isobel has only put on 10 oz she is three weeks old today. Well done cobi, great weight gain x

xx

Zane has just been weighed today. He was born 7lb13 and today he's 9lb13. Looks like we have thriving babies!

Wow 2lb! Izzie has only managed 10oz, well done zane x x

Eva got weighed today she is now 7lb 101/2oz and the red mark is a strawberry birthmark so thanks to those who mentioned it :D She said it should go away at the age of 4-5 but more may pop up till then to keep an eye on it. so glad to finally no what it was.

This was me at 17 when i was skinny
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/hot.jpg

Us in Ibiza in may when i was 10 weeks pregnant
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_0607.jpg

And me and Niamh at xmas
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1108.jpg

I think the x-mas one you look glowing, dont mean to be nasty or anything but youv alot more colour in your cheeks, than the hoilday pic.

Has anyone started to have you time? Like doing some things you did before having LO? sometimes during the day I have some free time when LO sleeps and really want to start reading my books again but I feel guilty kus I feel like I should be doing something baby related or cleaning or going out for walks :shrug: With all the chaos that a LO brings it feels strange to want to do something...normal...that I used to do before he arrived? Does that make sense lol. Am I the only one? :dohh:

Me time has really just extended to being on bnb, drinking tea, watching tv/films/online stuff. I feel sort of guilty too, even if he is beside me (wish he was beside me now :growlmad:), but it's good - and it keeps you chilled/yourself so you can stay patient and level-headed. x

xx

he was 9lbs 14oz, then down to around 9lbs, now roughly 10lbs but his weight is sorta stuck there until he's out of hospital and feeding properly again. He was gaining pretty rapidly between week 1 and 2

Im lucky as my twin sister has a 9 month old so we kinda talk baby talk all the time plus we work at the same place so she keeps me updated on whats happened in work. I have 1 baby friend who had her son 2 days after Eva but she is very competitive which i dont like!
Havnt seen her from when i just had Eva at the hospital she came in the room next to me at 3cm so i went in to show her Eva, an i said it wasnt that bad pushing Eva out it was the contractions which got me most bad,an she said come back to me once youv had an 8lb baby like me :O! She had an epi an said i handled it with just gas&air because eva was so small i didnt have to do much work?????????

Makes absolutely no difference how much your LO weighs, what a load of toss. The pain of labour and pushing them out is exactly the same i'm sure - 4lbs or 13lbs! Go tell 'miss competitive' that I pushed my 10lb baby out with just gas and air and it made no difference at all. Competitive sillikins annoy me, but she sounds a bit jealous to be honest! (though the thought of a ten pound baby wouldve scared the shiiiit out of me if i'd have known!)

I have a group of older friends with children aged sort of 3 to 9. My ex was 35 and I found I got on with lots of his friends that had families (whereas he avoided seeing them and when we split up I remained friends with all of them). I went to a breastfeeding support group last tuesday and it was fab just to be around other babies and mums. I felt very young, but i'm used to it, they welcomed me fine and made a fuss of my lovely baby <3

Well, they stuck an endoscope up Silas' little nose today and found that although his left nostril is very narrow it does go all the way back but he has overgrown catrildge in it which causes all his grunting/snuffling. There was what they thought was a bit of mucous but when they couldn't suck it up they thought it could potentially be more sinister.

They are precautionarily treating him for meningitis, nasty meds that aren't great on his veins. He did have a lumbar puncture today (which they wouldnt let me watch because apparently it's horrible) so we'll get the results from that soon which can only be good.
If it confirms meningitis its great he's been getting the meds and he can be treated, it must be early stage. And if no meningitis that's obviously even better and I will be a very happy mummy :)
They have started fortifying his milk with some cow and gate substance, since this his little face and head have erupted in spots :(, they maybe added some other formula in order to up the calories in his milk due to the actual fluid intake being restricted (medicine and sedatives affect how much he can have). Bit sad about that but it must be for the best.

He had his first poo since tuesday morning last night...yaaaay :)

Awk ino she has always been competitive about everything, dose my head in! I wind her up sometimes just to get on her nerves :haha:

I have such a clingy baby atm :( dunno if it's post jabs on weds or if he's just a mummies boy! I haven't eaten since lunchtime yesterday :(

Does anyone nap when holding baby? I find myself napping whilst trying to settle LO. I lay on the sofa & hold him in the arm that's closest to the back of the sofa n then doze/nap. I fall asleep so quickly with him in my arms, maybe it's comforting to have him so close :) not sure if napping whilst holding him is ok though :shrug: does anyone else do it?

Does anyone nap when holding baby? I find myself napping whilst trying to settle LO. I lay on the sofa & hold him in the arm that's closest to the back of the sofa n then doze/nap. I fall asleep so quickly with him in my arms, maybe it's comforting to have him so close :) not sure if napping whilst holding him is ok though :shrug: does anyone else do it?

I've dosed in the couple of times he seemed to be in pain (when we first got out of hospital and a funny day he had last week). I laid on the bed with him crying beside me and held him either on my chest on beside me against me, just hushed and stroked him and he settled for periods when I dosed, then cried for periods when I woke up.

I don't think they like you doing it, but I think you know yourself if they are secure. You're a great mummy sure, you'd never put wee Charlie in harms way :flower:

you shouldn't fall asleep with baby on the sofa cause there is a risk of baby overheating - this is what the nhs/sids people say anyway.

Ailsa was 6lb 2oz at birth and at 6 weeks she weighed 9lb 10oz!
Shes 2 months old today! wish the person that keeps stealing time would stop and give it back!!!!

Was wondering when everyone is planning on putting baby into their own room? i think they advise having baby in with u for the first 6 months but that seems like an awfil long time - i was thinking probably have her in eith us for another 2 months and then once all her injections are done move her into her own room?

Also can anyone recommend a good baby carrier that me and dh could use? the bus is hard work with our big pushchair and there is no way i could manage it on my own in case i had to take her out and fold the pushchair up!?

I do it all the time Samantha! I wouldn't advise if if you're exhausted but a lil nap isn't a bad thing!

Ok i may go to the baby cafe thing on monday :)
I suppose if i don't like it i don't have to go again!
I live on the Isle of Wight so very far from everyone! :(

I don't have any close friends with babies either. Like myself all my friends are 40 this year and they've all got children at school or older.

I would really like to go to mother and baby class or something but still feeling so unconfident about bf in public. It's jus the whole having to hold Rosie with one arm and then holding the boob with the other hand:shrug:

I don't really have any friends either, just OH really. I used to live abroad so all my friends that i grew up with are scattered across the globe now. My OH's friends girlfriend is due any day now, and I've spoken to her throughout my pregnancy, so hopefully we stay in contact & go out with our LOs. It is difficult though, I sometimes feel very very lonely too. Mother and baby groups would be nice to go to but I'm petrified of going to one lol...just the thought of walking in by myself makes me super anxious...most of the mums go there like every week right? So they must have formed cliques already and I'd just be intruding :haha: :dohh:

I too only have a few close friends so its difficult to get together - especially of they dont have children themselves.

I know its difficult having the confidence to go to a class when you dont know anyone there. I had anxiety last year, and can feel myself getting a bit anxious when put in these situations....... but I decided to go to the Post natal group which is an 8 week course (just 2 hours once a week), and they do baby massage etc etc ...... but after the nerves of walking through the door the first time, It has been great. Theres lots of ladies there - most with older babies (6 or 7 months) but they are all lovely and will share tips with you, which I have found really helpful :)

I am also going to the local surestart centre on monday (tried Friday afternoon but it was closed!!) to try and see which courses they offer as they are generally free, and as well as learning something new, you also get to meet other mummies too :)

Try and pop along to a local group, or see if there are any baby massage courses locally - it really is great once you get through the door :winkwink:

Emydry - hope baby is better soon and is back home with you quickly :hugs:

Sam I find myself dozing off when i have to pull her into bed with me when she won't settle but I jolt myself out of it cos I'm so exhausted I'm scared she'll suffocate but it's the only way she'll settle and stop screaming.

Nikki Ava is so clingy if i put her down she'll start crying!

She's such a fuss pot at times - she'll want her bottle but start crying and trying to take gulps and won't settle honestly dint know what's wrong why does she do it?

Anouska I think 6 months is a long time too - we haven't got roombin our room for the cot and she'll outgrow the Moses soon enough!

I hope all u ladies are well, 2 under 2 leaves me with very little me time!

omg tell me about it! im lucky if i get anything to eat or drink when OH is at work! :nope: i find it really hard at times with jack having tantrums when he doesnt get what he wants and emily with her colic and reflux :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->