December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

emily is under eating shes only taking 3oz every 3-4hr when she should be having about 5oz but shes still gaining the weight no prob so hv isnt worried just now

How do I get him to go 3-4 hours? Lol. He just did a 2 and a half hours...and he was crying, but not eating his hands or anything. I couldn't really make him go longer, just because my mom was here, and she wanted me to give him water....>.> so he got a bottle, just 4 ozs, but now I think he has a tummy ache, because he's still crying.

He did tummy time and was fine, but it was after he rolled over that he started crying. :wacko:

if he'll take more in one go then that may help him to go longer between feeds, or it might b that he's crying cause he has wind rather than being hungry. does he burp well during and after his feeds? if hes not burping then u could try infacol dentinox or colief to help him get his wind up.

He is an awesome burper, and for the most part he does it after every 2ozs. I put him on the floor and was bending his legs up to his tummy, and he seemed better for a minute. I gave him the gas drops, and finally calmed down.

I hate to see him cry :cry:

does sound like wind or colic rather than hunger tbh. does he sick up much of his feeds?

This was me at 17 when i was skinny
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/hot.jpg

Us in Ibiza in may when i was 10 weeks pregnant
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_0607.jpg

And me and Niamh at xmas
https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1108.jpg

I think the x-mas one you look glowing, dont mean to be nasty or anything but youv alot more colour in your cheeks, than the hoilday pic.
Thats what make up does for you lol

have kinda given up on the baby carrier thing for the minute all the ones I like are sooo expensive and it doesn't seem worth foring out around 80 quid for something that'll only last another 4 months! So gonna wait and get a backpack one forwhen shes 6 months and just cope with the pram for the time being!

Have a look at a these https://www.connectababycarrier.com/pages/connecta.php

They are on the expensive side but will last you for ages, my cuz is still carrying her 11mo in it.

I don't have any close friends with babies either. Like myself all my friends are 40 this year and they've all got children at school or older.

I would really like to go to mother and baby class or something but still feeling so unconfident about bf in public. It's jus the whole having to hold Rosie with one arm and then holding the boob with the other hand:shrug:

Do you have a breastfeeding group near? That might help ease you in since every one else is feeding too. Thats the only place that iv fed outside mine/mums/mil house.
I'm not sure on the breastfeeding group. We have our 6 week check up on Tuesday with the Doctor so I will ask her then I think :thumbup:

There usualy based at your local surestarts group so might be worth giving them a ring.

Only 4 pages in 2 days, i can remember when we did that in half an hour lol

Weekend away was crap, all my dick of a FIL did was critisise us in snide little comments and kept calling her Neaveeeeeee even though i asked him several times not to. Even his aunts dident like the fact we put her down awake. They kept going over and looking at her saying "but shes awake" Shes not going to go asleep if you keep going over to her is she you stupid bag.

Only 4 pages in 2 days, i can remember when we did that in half an hour lol

Weekend away was crap, all my dick of a FIL did was critisise us in snide little comments and kept calling her Neaveeeeeee even though i asked him several times not to. Even his aunts dident like the fact we put her down awake. They kept going over and looking at her saying "but shes awake" Shes not going to go asleep if you keep going over to her is she you stupid bag.

I always put Silas down awake? If someone said that to me I'd laugh at them. He's never slept on me or anything unless I've picked him up whilst he's been asleep.
I'd much rather he settle himself than me have to get him to sleep then put him down, I think he'd just wake up anyway.

Off ventilation and moving down to normal ward tonight or tomorrow :happydance: I'm sure he'll be home by middle of the week. :)

I wish Lyra was so easy to settle, I think I've made her worse by co-sleeping :nope: OH has said that after next week we have to try and get her to sleep in her own cot again since she is only having one or two feeds a night. I love having her in with us but I must admit I don't get as good a quality sleep when she is in with us, it's so cramped and I wake up with every little noise she makes.

I think I have flu :( feel awful! Just hoping I feel better tomorrow because OH is going working away until Friday so I'll be all on my own with flu and a month old baby :nope:

I can't believe how quiet we all are now! Shows how much free time we have now the LOs are here :haha: xx

Off ventilation and moving down to normal ward tonight or tomorrow :happydance: I'm sure he'll be home by middle of the week. :)

Thats fantastic news...:happydance: So pleased your little boy will be home with you again really soon :baby::cloud9:

I couldent sleep with Niamh in the bed with me, i wouldent be able to sleep. I used to wake up at the slightest noise but since i put the sensor pad on her monitor iv slept loads better. Iv allways put her down awake and leave her there unless she crys but
the way they were acting you would think i was the worse mum in the world.

It's good to get them used to bein put down awake, what do they expect her to be doing in a few years time? Falling asleep on your knee and you carrying her to bed?!

Lyra cries as soon as I put her down now unless were in bed together and I feed her to sleep :nope: xx

I think so. The stupid thing is FIL did this with his daughter and admits they had a horrible time getting her to sleep. At the age of 3 they had to sit with her untill she fell asleep and if she woke up they would have to come back and sit with her again and again.

You would have thought they would have learnt

:dohh: muppets

No matter what you will always be doing 'something wrong' in other peoples eyes, apparently I'm mean for not wanting to give Lyra rusks at 3 months (never did you an harm) :nope: xx

Im sure they choose to "forget" i spent 2 years at collage to get my nvq 2 in early years care and education :dohh:

On the subject of putting los down to bed awake, I try this with madden but he always falls asleep when I feed him and doesn't really wake up when I change his bum but I don't want to have problems getting him to sleep in the future :-s

It's good to get them used to bein put down awake, what do they expect her to be doing in a few years time? Falling asleep on your knee and you carrying her to bed?!

Lyra cries as soon as I put her down now unless were in bed together and I feed her to sleep :nope: xx

I have to feed Ivy to sleep in our bed too - I dont know when we are going to make the break and stop having her in with us, it is just the easiest option with the bf at the moment :wacko:

I do both regarding sleeping. Sometimes I'll put him down to settle himself and other times I'll hug him until he sleeps. I hate it when he cries so of he cries when input him down, he often gets a cuddle which is a bit wrong lol.

First night on comfort milk! He seems to be only taking 2oz/2oz & a bit :shrug: anyone else's LOs take less? He used to take 3-4. I've still to notice a difference afterwards, but I'm hopeful since they recommend 2 weeks to notice anything.

Emy hun, so glad you're going to be home with Silas soon. I'm so glad he's getting better & so glad you're ok :hugs: I can't imagine how you felt, you've been so strong though :hugs:

Zana, I never thought about hem vein hungrier because the milk is partially digested :shrug: it's a good point though! LO fed at 10 and fell asleep by 10:30 and didn't wale until 1...but I think that's because he's been fighting sleep all day again and is now catching up. He's taking less milk now though (as I mentioned above). Would be interesting to know if anyone on comfort milk is feeding more than they were previously on normal milk?

does sound like wind or colic rather than hunger tbh. does he sick up much of his feeds?

Actually he doesn't! LOL. He used to, but he stopped. He spits up a little, but not every feed either. He did much better the rest of the afternoon. He actually went 2 1/2 to three and a half hours during feeds! I hope we're on the right track now and hubby can get him to do the same thing. He was much better tonight as well, expect for right now cuz its bed time and he has a hard time going down at times.

Wish us luck for better days! It still could be colic I know, but at least we're kinda on a good track!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->