December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

hi ladies! im so busy i never get to come on anymore :-( im missing talking to you all tho :-( hope ur all ok and all the gorgeous babies are ok :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

emmm jack is 14months old and still only sleeps through the night every now and then!

Ness - so you put LO back on aptimil 1? Did comfort not agree with her? Im not sure what to do :shrug:

No it didnt seem to but she was on it over a week an a half before I changed back - her runny poos concerned me I'd rather her be a bit colicky than dehydrated from upset tummies :flower:

Ailsas 9 weeks today and been sleeping thru a couple of weeks now - she has her last bottle around 7 takes around an hour to have that then goes up to bed and is up about 6 the next morning - she usually stirs around 4/5 but i pop her dummy in and then she settles down for another hour or so but didn't here a peep from her at all last night!

Thats amazing! :happydance: What a good Girl :cloud9:

You must actually feel like a human again! :thumbup:

How many ounces is she having? :shrug: Meadow is on between 4-5oz
:baby:

hi ladies! im so busy i never get to come on anymore :-( im missing talking to you all tho :-( hope ur all ok and all the gorgeous babies are ok :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

We all understand :hugs:

Must be so busy for those of you with other LO's at home...:wacko:

Chibi gets up still during the night too. At 1, then 4...which is a pain cuz I have to get up for work at 5:30-6 :wacko: I hope he starts sleeping through soon. We did have some good nights where he slept until 3:30, but then he started again with the 1 o'clock wakings.

How much is Ailsa taking?

she usually has between 5-6ozs every feed atm although Saturday night she took 8ozs before she would settle!!!

tbh its not really made much difference to me as dh was doing the night feeds anyway!!!:blush:

James was going from 10 -4 but since he started on his last growth spurt we now do 10, 1, 4 and then 7. It can take anything from 30 mins to 1 hr to feed. Somedays i feel like a walking zombie, as becca doesnt let you sleep during the day. He can spend up to an hour grunting before he even wakes up as well.

Was wondering when everyone is planning on putting baby into their own room? i think they advise having baby in with u for the first 6 months but that seems like an awfil long time - i was thinking probably have her in eith us for another 2 months and then once all her injections are done move her into her own room?

Dara is in her room. Well we do have a sound monitor, a live video cam feed and the breathing alarm but in her room nonetheless.

She's been there for the night sleep all along. Sometimes she falls asleep propped on a pillow in our bed while we wait for 30 mins after burping her to eliminate wind at the last feed but then we carry her to bed and without too many kisses and cuddles, put her in her sleeping bad in her cot and leave the room. Seems to work a charm.

I have a cold :cry:
Also someone decided they didn't want to sleep last night, i feel like shit!

When you say they didn't sleep do you mean not at all through the night or woke up a few times?

I have a question for you ladies those who are FF.

How many ounces is your LO taking and how long are they going in between feeds?

Chibi has been doing 4ozs every 2 hours. He gets SO fussy from like 5pm on, and there are times where he is just inconsolable! He burps and farts all the time, so I don't think its trapped gas, and we use gas drops and gripe water to try and combat that anyways.

So we're going to try upping a few of his bottle to 5 or so ozs, and see if that makes a difference. But I wanted to see if anyone has any other advice...

:flower:

I just posted about this on my parenting journal if you have a moment to read it. I am very envious to hear how much Chibi is eating, he's only a week older than Dara I think. We would LOVE to get him to have that much. Till a few days ago she had 4 oz ever 3 hours except for nights when she wouldn't be persuaded to wake up enough to eat that much. Now she wants to go longer than 3 hours between feeds but doesn't want -can't?- get more than 4 oz in, rarely she manages 6 oz and then it's scary that she will throw it all up in a projectile and then want more. Wind is a big problem, takes us forever to burp her and she is straining and in pain... In total I would say she took between 20 and 22 oz over 24 hrs and now, because she wants to take it more rarely she will take far less. I have no clue what to do...

emily is under eating shes only taking 3oz every 3-4hr when she should be having about 5oz but shes still gaining the weight no prob so hv isnt worried just now

Same here! So as long as she gains she's ok?

Off ventilation and moving down to normal ward tonight or tomorrow :happydance: I'm sure he'll be home by middle of the week. :)

Ohhhh really good to hear!!!:thumbup::happydance::hugs:

I couldent sleep with Niamh in the bed with me, i wouldent be able to sleep. I used to wake up at the slightest noise but since i put the sensor pad on her monitor iv slept loads better. Iv allways put her down awake and leave her there unless she crys but
the way they were acting you would think i was the worse mum in the world.

Same here, I just feel so much safer with her in her cot and the alarm on! - Well and the webcam on, I got used to seeing her, over night the live feed from on top of her cot is on our big screen TV so that if I hear a noise or wake up from some nightmare about SIDS I can just see her and see that she's ok.

She should start sleeping through soon chick every baby is different my HV said around 6-8 weeks

Chibi gets up still during the night too. At 1, then 4...which is a pain cuz I have to get up for work at 5:30-6 :wacko: I hope he starts sleeping through soon. We did have some good nights where he slept until 3:30, but then he started again with the 1 o'clock wakings.

We had that same pattern as Chibi till a few days ago when she decided to drop her nightly feeds -for a few days we had her try so she took 1 oz or such before she would completely sleep and refuse any. Then we decided to stop forcing her and she started sleeping through the night?!:shrug: This would be good if it didn't mean undereating even more.

Comfort milk doesn't suit every baby. Sometimes we THINK a baby has 1 problem but it's actually another. I'm sticking with comfort milk as he's far happier tummy pain wise, we get poo once or twice a day, a biiiig one that seriously stinks lol. He's not screaming when he is actually pooing anymore. He is still sicky but I'm getting used to being thrown up on :rofl: babies usually grow out of colic by about 12wks so if he is still on comfort milk by then I will look into maybe switching him back to normal milk as his digestive system should have matured more by then.

Babies on comfort milk often have green poo, it stinks and can be runny. But all of this gets better. Oliver has quite runny poo but it's never been green. He got worse before he got better and I nearly gave up after 3 days but my mum forced me to stick out the 2wks.

Oliver was 6lb7 at birth, went down to 6lb1, then 2 n a half weeks ago he weighed 8lb6 and now at 6wks 2 days he weighs a HUUUUGE 11lb!!!!

He conks out after a feed now when before he was crying on and off and fighting sleep - must be doing something! Or it's just coincidence :shrug: HV is coming today so I'll talk to her as well but their advice is hit or miss really. Oh and he's getting weighed! He was 8lb4 last Tuesday, and the rate he feeds I wouldn't be surprised if he was 9lb now lol. Once he's 9lb I'm gonna put him in a sleeping pod/bag :thumbup: anyone know what to dress him in if he's going in one? At the moment in all our rooms he's comfortable in a long-sleeved vest, sleepsuit, and a fleece blanket folded (so counts as two blankets). The sleeping bags I have is a 2.5 tog.

THe advise is generally that you put them in a vest and sleepsuit in the sleeping bags, depending on the temp of the room.

Ava has been in a sleeping bag since we brought her home from the hospital, its a 0-3 months one 2.5 and she wears a vest and sleepsuit under it like Ducky says :thumbup:

dont know whats wrong with Ava today but she wont take a proper feed, she had 3oz at 6am and has taken two 2oz feeds all day and shes hungry and chewing her hands and crying but when I try to give her the bottle she sucks and cries and doesnt seem to want it I dont know whats wrong shes poo'd loads today so shes not constipated :shrug: bit worried now - shes fallen asleep so hoping she'll take a full feed when she wakes up but is it normal for them to have days where they hardly take any feed?

Ava has been in a sleeping bag since we brought her home from the hospital, its a 0-3 months one 2.5 and she wears a vest and sleepsuit under it like Ducky says :thumbup:

dont know whats wrong with Ava today but she wont take a proper feed, she had 3oz at 6am and has taken two 2oz feeds all day and shes hungry and chewing her hands and crying but when I try to give her the bottle she sucks and cries and doesnt seem to want it I dont know whats wrong shes poo'd loads today so shes not constipated :shrug: bit worried now - shes fallen asleep so hoping she'll take a full feed when she wakes up but is it normal for them to have days where they hardly take any feed?

Ivy is bf but she definitely has days where she just isn't interested in feeding that much, does she seem a bit sleepier than usual? Ivy goes through stages of sleeping lots and food doesnt seem to be the priority for her...

Zane was like that over the last couple of days only having 2/3oz max each feed and sleeping more (I have put him on cow and gate stage 2 for hungry babies). Today is a totally different story - he's had a massive 8oz each feed so far today and just doesn't want to sleep and I wish he would so I could - I really need a good sleep!

I suppose it's just like us - we have days where we have huge appetites and days where we don't. Well that's what I've put it down to.
xx

thanks guys yeah suppose they dont want to eat the same amout each everyday shes pooing and weeing fine. No shes no more sleepier than usual and is actually sleeping less because her belly is empty she keeps waking up after half hour or so x

Does anyone else on this thread 'swaddle' their baby? :baby:

I bought a 'gro-bag' yesterday & tried her in it last night & she couldnt get to sleep, so put her in her swaddle blanket again & she went straight off :sleep:

She must love the security of it :hugs:

no haven't ever swaddled her - she just has a sheet and a blanket in her crib and moses basket - once shes in her cotbed tho i'll be using sleeping/grobags instead

Hi girls. Can i be added to the list and join in with the chat?

Leo Joseph was born on 17th December and weighed 10lbs 3oz.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->