December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Anyone elses LO been sick switching to comfort? He's really phglemy after a few feeds and he was a tiny bit sick then was choking like he was trying to get some out but nothing did :shrug: do I keep him on it?

Oliver is on comfort milk. It can take up to 2wks to work. Oliver is on it cause he has sensitive digestive system and is very sicky n struggles with his poo. It took nerly 2wks to make any difference. He is still v sicky but its helped his digestion. They can digest it a lot quicker than normal milk so they may want to be fed more frequently.

Oliver had his last feed at 10 and slept through til 5 :happydance: and then woke for his next at 8.30.

He was never sicky before though? & doesnt struggle with poop. Hes only had a few bottles of comfort so far n theyve made him sock. So it's normal for babies to be sick when you switch milk? I dont want to force it down him for 2 wks if it makes him sick :shru:

Wooohooo for good sleeps :happydance:

Samantha what size teats r u using? Comfort milk is thick so wont pass through size 1 teats easily so babies often get frustrated or too tired and give up. I use variflow teats.

Samantha what size teats r u using? Comfort milk is thick so wont pass through size 1 teats easily so babies often get frustrated or too tired and give up. I use variflow teats.

He's not fussy now, infact after a bottle he sleeps well for once - he's gone 3hrs, and then two 2hr blocks when usually it's 30 minutes to 1.5hrs, or sometimes every hour. The milks coming out the teats but could be better - I've ordered some larger ones. He had 3 oz earlier, and that's when he was sicky and choking an hour later :shrug: the other times he's had 2oz. He's really conked out for once, but not so happy about the choking :(

I do both regarding sleeping. Sometimes I'll put him down to settle himself and other times I'll hug him until he sleeps. I hate it when he cries so of he cries when input him down, he often gets a cuddle which is a bit wrong lol.

First night on comfort milk! He seems to be only taking 2oz/2oz & a bit :shrug: anyone else's LOs take less? He used to take 3-4. I've still to notice a difference afterwards, but I'm hopeful since they recommend 2 weeks to notice anything.

Emy hun, so glad you're going to be home with Silas soon. I'm so glad he's getting better & so glad you're ok :hugs: I can't imagine how you felt, you've been so strong though :hugs:

Zana, I never thought about hem vein hungrier because the milk is partially digested :shrug: it's a good point though! LO fed at 10 and fell asleep by 10:30 and didn't wale until 1...but I think that's because he's been fighting sleep all day again and is now catching up. He's taking less milk now though (as I mentioned above). Would be interesting to know if anyone on comfort milk is feeding more than they were previously on normal milk?

he'll take less initially cos is thicker - make sure you use either number 2 teats or variflow as he wont be able to take much and will tire of sucking and you'll have to give it up to 2 weeks to notice a difference - sometimes it takes less time others it takes more but you wont notice a difference over night :flower:

Anyone elses LO been sick switching to comfort? He's really phglemy after a few feeds and he was a tiny bit sick then was choking like he was trying to get some out but nothing did :shrug: do I keep him on it?

Ava was being sick after every feed and had diahrrea so Ive changed her back to the normal milk and her poo is back to normal and no more sick. She can have gripe water from this week so I'm persevering with the colicky crying episodes but tbh shes not been bad at all. I've started premaking all feeds for the day (do the night feeds on an evening) an storing in the back of th fridge and then microwaving for 25 seconds as she feeds on demand and usally screams while waiting for the bottle to warm using the warmer and they take in more air when they cry making wind worse. Then I roll/swill the bottle round for about a minute to make sure theres no hotspots and feed. I've stopped shaking the bottle after cos it produced more bubbles and gives them more wind and I've noticed a big difference. She went straight back to sleep after each nightfeed last night which were 3 hours apart :)

hope everyone is ok and your LO's are doing well - I always read posts but dont often have chance to reply but love reading how everyone is getting on! DD's hve produced some gorgeous babies!! #

EmyDra glad Silas is doing better hun!!

Sammi Ava falls asleep while taking her bottle so I cant put her down awake and she'd just cry anyway lol I wish she would sette on her own but she is only coming up to 4 weeks old.

I bought some gripe water to use when she's a month old and I noticed the bottle says "discard contents after 14 days" seems stupid given how large a bottle it is??

Hi Samantha,

As you know my LO is on comfort, she does a little bit of sick, but never to much :thumbup:

Good luck with it...:flower:

Those that are feeding with a bottle, please vote on my poll :flower:
https://www.babyandbump.com/formula-feeding/518148-bottle-why.html#post8814018

So why do I still not have a baby that sleeps longer at nite? :dohh:

She has a bottle around 11pm, then 3am, then 6am! :wacko:

Im sooooo tired! :sleep:

She should start sleeping through soon chick every baby is different my HV said around 6-8 weeks

Ness - so you put LO back on aptimil 1? Did comfort not agree with her? Im not sure what to do :shrug:

Niamh must have missed that message lol shes 10 weeks old tomorrow:wacko:

Ailsas 9 weeks today and been sleeping thru a couple of weeks now - she has her last bottle around 7 takes around an hour to have that then goes up to bed and is up about 6 the next morning - she usually stirs around 4/5 but i pop her dummy in and then she settles down for another hour or so but didn't here a peep from her at all last night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->