December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

He's 8lb11oz now! HV said he's doing well and to keep him on comfort for 2 weeks, and to switch back if he isn't any better. He won't sleep at the moment -_-

Hi girls. Can i be added to the list and join in with the chat?

Leo Joseph was born on 17th December and weighed 10lbs 3oz.

x
Hi Seb8 :wave:

He's 8lb11oz now! HV said he's doing well and to keep him on comfort for 2 weeks, and to switch back if he isn't any better. He won't sleep at the moment -_-

Oooh he's putting on weight nicely! Makes sense to give him a good go with the comfort milk.

I've put Zane on Cow and Gate Stage 2 (hungrier babies) as SMA 1st milk just didn't seem like enough for him. Going to keep in on Stage 2 for a while and see how he goes - if not good, back we go to 1st milk.

It's all a big guessing game when they're so little isn't it! And as for the HVs, they seem to be contradicting each other with what they advise :shrug:, so I take what they say with a pinch of salt and do what I think in the end - with the advice of my Mom and Nan. Seems to be working so far!

Naimh is now 11lb 3. Shes going to be tall and skinny.

How much is she gaining roughly each week Lozzy? I remember you saying that she was gaining reasonably slowly - I am starting to get a bit disheartened about my little 8lb 5oz nearly 7.5 week old :wacko:

How much is she gaining roughly each week Lozzy? I remember you saying that she was gaining reasonably slowly - I am starting to get a bit disheartened about my little 8lb 5oz nearly 7.5 week old :wacko:

Just averaged it out and since she regained her birthweight at 3 weeks shes averaging at 5oz a week.

Ava was weighed last Monday at 2 weeks 5 days and weighed 9lb 12oz lol she's 4 weeks on weds and I bet she's well over 10lb she's massive!

Kelly I've got a gro bag swaddle thing but I don't know how to use it and it didn't come with instructions for some strange reason!!

Just averaged it out and since she regained her birthweight at 3 weeks shes averaging at 5oz a week.

Almost exactly the same as Ivy then (6oz per week)...I guess some babies just gain at different rates :shrug: I wish I knew how much milk came out of my boobs though.....:haha:

Almost exactly the same as Ivy then (6oz per week)...I guess some babies just gain at different rates :shrug: I wish I knew how much milk came out of my boobs though.....:haha:

The bit that worries me is i know shes taking atleast 5oz of formula plus what shes getting from the breast and shes still not gaining much.

Off ventilation and moving down to normal ward tonight or tomorrow :happydance: I'm sure he'll be home by middle of the week. :)

Thats fantastic news...:happydance: So pleased your little boy will be home with you again really soon :baby::cloud9:
Yay EmyDra - that's fab news

Does anyone else on this thread 'swaddle' their baby? :baby:

I bought a 'gro-bag' yesterday & tried her in it last night & she couldnt get to sleep, so put her in her swaddle blanket again & she went straight off :sleep:

She must love the security of it :hugs:
Yes Kelly we swaddle Rosie. I also have gro-bags and although she is too small for it at the moment I have been wondering whether she'll settle ok as she flings her arms about so much unless she is swaddled. :dohh:

Rosie was 6lb 9oz at birth and then at 4 weeks she was 7lb 9oz. She is getting weighed tomorrow and I'm really praying that she has gained loads. I am bf also - it is worrying not knowing how much milk she's getting :nope:

My baby won't sleep unless he is swaddled.
I feel human today!!! He has slept well for the last few nights. Almost developing a (dare I say it) schedule. He went down at 9:30, woke up at 2, went back down at 2:30 and up at 6. He then went back down and slept until 8:30. He stayed awake for 2 hours and is now taking a nap. He has done this 3 days in a row. Please baby keep it up!!!:happydance:
I only know how much milk I produce because I pump here and there when I need to go out and someone else watches him. I can pump less than he can take though and I am definitely able to pump out 5 ounces if I am full. When he eats off of me, even if he overeats, I can always pump out at least another ounce.
He has his 2 month appointment today. Shots here we come.:nope:
I am curious to see how much he weighs and his length. He was 6.9 at birth and was 9.2 about 1.5 weeks ago.
I hope everyone is doing well.:hugs:

I think it is a fair assumption to say that Bf'd babies dont gain as much as FF?

I think it is a fair assumption to say that Bf'd babies dont gain as much as FF?

I was always under the impression they are supposed to gain faster :wacko: But on the basis of this thread it would seem that they don't...

I know that my supply wasnt properly established til at least 6 weeks though and there were so many ups and downs in the early weeks (I realise there is with ff aswell, changing milk etc) but I wander if that can have an impact rather than just the calorie content of breastmilk :shrug: Also once I realised that in order to up my supply there have been times when she has had to suckle suckle suckle and probably go hungry in order to up my supply.

Naimh is combi fed and one of the oldest so she should weight the most :rofl:

Naimh is combi fed and one of the oldest so she should weight the most :rofl:

Just goes to show how different they all are!

How is the combi feeding going Lozzy? I found that the Fenugreek really helped, it upped my supply enough to keep her happy and I had a bit extra for a few days - but now she is taking all my milk again :dohh:

I am definitely keeping a supply of it for when another growth spurt hits.

Not too bad but i think shes in the middle of a growth spurt so shes sucking me dry and still wanting a load of formula, think im going to have to start back on the fenugreek again

James is BF and has gained loads of weight. He was 7lb 10oz at birth dropped to 7lb. Then went to 8lb 7oz and last week at 6 weeks he was 10lb 8oz.

kelly i swaddle emily :cloud9: its the only way she will settle at night xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->