December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

I've put madden on hungry baby despite the hv saying not to, but it was that or up his food to 6oz at 5 weeks old

So sorry to hear it samantha, do you have someone you could call over for the night?

Kelly where abouts? We're hoping to move to Perth next year! How come you're moving, what kind of a visa is it?

So sorry to hear it samantha, do you have someone you could call over for the night?

Kelly where abouts? We're hoping to move to Perth next year! How come you're moving, what kind of a visa is it?

No :shrug: My mum works early, sigh.

OHs walked out lol.

I see you say 'lol'....So im assuming its not for good! :wacko:

I'd usually be upset or angry but I'm so sick of his shit, all I can do is laugh about it - I really don't seem to care. He said he's cancelling his direct debit for the rent, coming to get his telly & his computer & other belongings and said that Charlie will grow up to hate me :shrug: Can you tell already how immature he is :shrug:

Usually I'd feel like shit, feel lonely, feel upset if we argued or whatever....really not. Almost kind of relieved. He shouted at me yesterday because he knocked over a can on the floor & started banging around and I said if he woke the baby he could look after him (he hadn't settled all evening). He called me a dick and to f-off and I was annoying him.......right.

Zana, you already know how difficult he is lol, proves that Charlie hasn't made him grow up like we originally kind of thought would happen lol.

Sigh. God knows what's gonna happen now :shrug:

Well im glad kinda glad not to ave read that you where really upset, you have charlie and yourself to look after you dont need OH aswell. Men are pigs Sometimes its all about them :growlmad:

I've put madden on hungry baby despite the hv saying not to, but it was that or up his food to 6oz at 5 weeks old

Eva is on 6oz an she isnt 5weeks till thursday, sayin that she only finishs the 6oz every 2nd bottle :wacko: HV said this was fine for her weight and age tho :shrug:

Eva is on 6oz an she isnt 5weeks till thursday, sayin that she only finishs the 6oz every 2nd bottle :wacko: HV said this was fine for her weight and age tho :shrug:

See mine said to try and keep him on 5oz as long as possible :-s he's going 3 and half hours between feeds on the hungry baby as opposed to me trying to keep him to 3 hours

Last night F went 4 hours!! I woke up like "what the hell is going on!" then had to get up and pump anyway as my boobs were gonna burst! :cry:

Chibi slept until 3 again. He's eating right now in my arms almost asleep again, hoping he goes down for another 3 hours...:)

Hi girls just popping in

Samantha :hugs: hon. You sound really strong and sorted and if FOB isnt, well thats his problem. It sounds as though all you are getting is stress from him. Hope it gets better and you get sorted soon.

havent checked back so apologies if i have missed anything big.

Caitlyn is generally very good - night times arent too bad - had a very bad night the one before last but generally she seems to like a good long feed late evening till around 10 - 10.30 ish and then sleeps till around 3.30 the main trouble is getting her back off to sleep - she is a real gulper which means she needs to wind before going back down or she will sick up - takes at least an 40 mins after feeding to get her back off - the other night it was taking 2 hours to get her to settle. But last night was a really good night -asleep at 11 awake at 3.45 and back in the cot bevore 5!! Hurrah. :yipee:

Mastitus seems to have gone - rash all gone just left with some dry skin - other rash also gone. Just waiting on swab result only but havent felt ill so feeling okay about that.

Feel good today - amazing what 1 good night will do - this time yesterday I was a weeping mess.

Hope you are all okay.

Mizze xx

Hey girls
Have been reading every word (usually during night feeds) but I haven't posted much.

Seems everyone is getting different advice re amounts to feed and which formula etc. It takes a good while to realise on your first but mammy does know best and trust your own instincts.
I am still breastfeeding but have been trying for four weeks to get Juliette to take a bottle of ebm and last night was the first time she took one. It's also the first night she slept through so a very happy mammy here!!! Six weeks really is a turning point.

Nat I think you've done great on the feeding till six weeks I don't find it as easy and natural as a lot of people and suffered with oversupply and I only have one!!

Ness sounds like the comfort formula is the best for Ava, as someone said I don't think it solves all the issues but sounds like she is happier on it.

Sam u are having a rough time of it but I think u are doing great. Your only job right now is to continue being a great mammy x x

I'm sure there is lots more to comment on but I'm balancing Juliette on my lap feeding as I type !!!!

Hopefully, how old was Juliette when you started trying her on the ebm - DH is desperate to feed her and after dreadful night Monday night I would be willing to try earlier than I originally thought but Caitlyn isnt 2 weeks old until tomorrow.

Mizze xx

Hopefully, how old was Juliette when you started trying her on the ebm - DH is desperate to feed her and after dreadful night Monday night I would be willing to try earlier than I originally thought but Caitlyn isnt 2 weeks old until tomorrow.

Mizze xx

Ivy had ebm when she was less than a week old and we have had no issues with nipple confusion at all - I was completely sleep deprived and desparate for someone else to be able to feed her so it was a risk I was willing to take.

Hello! Hope all is well :)

Just watching that down under thing on bbc1.. did anyone else see their birthing rooms!!?? A kingsize double bed to have your baby on not a hospital bed!! A bath and a garden!!! WOW i wish i had my baby in auz!!!

Morning Girls :flower: Im knackered, in mind & body!

We are moving to WA also :happydance: We have always wanted to move out of the Uk, just never known where & when....

Then early in 2008 we decided it was the right time & that Australia would suit us all :winkwink:

It took 2 long years to get our visas granted, after jumping over lots of hurdles too (my Hubby is a roofer)

I rang them when I was pregnant (after we were granted our visas) & explained that we would need a baby visa, she said I would have to wait until LO was born & supply birth certificate & passport :dohh:

So, when she was born, I rang again & was then told child visas are now taking 7-8months!!!! :growlmad: Also that the cost was £1300!!! :wacko: But in the grand scheme of the thousands we have already spent, another one isnt suprising!

So, our planned move for March, has been put back, to the end of this year

So do you guys have your visas? What trade are you going on? What makes you want to move? :shrug:

so jealous Kelly wish I was moving to Oz!

Mayby one day you can...Your only young, so you never know :winkwink:

VERY jealous! I really want to go, but i'm really scared of the bugs they have there. Yes i know it sounds unbelievably pathetic :dohh:

No, it doesnt sound pathetic....They are worrying me a bit!

But you get used to them & just have to be 'aware' :thumbup:

OHs walked out lol.

I see you say 'lol'....So im assuming its not for good! :wacko:

I'd usually be upset or angry but I'm so sick of his shit, all I can do is laugh about it - I really don't seem to care. He said he's cancelling his direct debit for the rent, coming to get his telly & his computer & other belongings and said that Charlie will grow up to hate me :shrug: Can you tell already how immature he is :shrug:

Usually I'd feel like shit, feel lonely, feel upset if we argued or whatever....really not. Almost kind of relieved. He shouted at me yesterday because he knocked over a can on the floor & started banging around and I said if he woke the baby he could look after him (he hadn't settled all evening). He called me a dick and to f-off and I was annoying him.......right.

Zana, you already know how difficult he is lol, proves that Charlie hasn't made him grow up like we originally kind of thought would happen lol.

Sigh. God knows what's gonna happen now :shrug:

:hugs:You poor thing :hugs:

Having a baby is such a huge, life changing experience & it really puts couples under stress....Men in particular, much as they love their new babies :baby: They can feel shocked by the fact they dont get much attention anymore!

It also is made even harder for those that have a baby with colic, reflux etc...It really can wear you down :hugs:

You will know whats best for you, your partner & your LO....:hugs: Good luck

For anyone that pre makes feeds - I make up a certain amount on the dot, near enough perfect all the time, I shake it, cool it and put it in the fridge. When I take it out it's always higher :shrug: anyone elses formula do this?

Been feeling a bit crap about my body & looks lately :cry:

Then last nite had a nitemare that hubby met someone else :cry:

I used to be fairly confident, but lately...I keep looking at other Girls thinking they look so great & I look crap! :cry:

I know I only had a baby less than 2months ago, but I am so scared the overhanging belly will never go & that i'll never get time to excercise

Ok...Im being a silly billy now! :blush:

For anyone that pre makes feeds - I make up a certain amount on the dot, near enough perfect all the time, I shake it, cool it and put it in the fridge. When I take it out it's always higher :shrug: anyone elses formula do this?

Its the weight of the formula powder, making it rise...:winkwink: Nothing to worry about

as kelly said just the weight of the formula :flower:

Hope you're ok? Have you spoke to OH yet? Cant believe how childish he's being! :hugs:

I used to be fairly confident, but lately...I keep looking at other Girls thinking they look so great & I look crap! :cry:

I know I only had a baby less than 2months ago, but I am so scared the overhanging belly will never go & that i'll never get time to excercise

Kelly I feel the same, got a bulgy bit above my scar and its gross, cant wait for it to look normal again! xx

Im worried about all of that too, & I'm pretty sure every lady that's had a baby feels the same after giving birth, so you're not being a silly billy :hugs: it's such a big change for our bodies to go through, & emotionally as well so we're bound to be a bit upset. I miss my perfect belly button (which is now totally disfigured...I wouldn't even call it a bellybutton, more like giant gaping crater), I miss my tight tummy & my firm boobs. I miss the way my skin looked - it's now covered in stretch marks. I miss my relatively skinny legs & decent butt. I don't know how anyone could find me attractive at the moment & Im petrified of what OH must see/think when he looks at me & reckon he'd rather a nice skinny blonde with firm boobs n skinny legs :shrug:

I read in my motherhood book that many women expect to go back to normal straight away, or see a massive change months after you've given birth but they say it's nine months up and nine months down until you go back to 'normal'.

I don't know when I'm supposed to exercise either...totally the last thing on my mind at the moment! I figured to start with just walk around with the pram once I feel a bit more up to it. Just like a 20 minute walk...then at least my huge ass and legs might start toning up again :haha:

But anyways hun, :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: you're not alone, we're all feeling the same! I miss my jeans! I'm still wearing maternity jeans :blush:

as kelly said just the weight of the formula :flower:

Hope you're ok? Have you spoke to OH yet? Cant believe how childish he's being! :hugs:

Kelly I feel the same, got a bulgy bit above my scar and its gross, cant wait for it to look normal again! xx

Nope haven't spoken to him yet :shrug: he's at work until 5 n I have no idea if he's coming back to our house after. I think he might but I've got a funny feeling it's not to work things out (not even sure I want to? I feel really lazy regarding it all :shrug:)

Lol, LO is farting loads & it's the cutest thing ever even though since putting him on comfort they STINK :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->