December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hi Girls...:flower:

I was naughty last night! :blush: Meadow woke for her 3am bottle & I just kept giving her dummy to her :blush:

But, she kept crying every half hour, so was clearly hungry, but I gave her the dummy again! :blush: When it got to 5am....I felt awfull, so went & got her bottle

Naughty me.......:blush: (tbh, it made me feel more tired, as I was woken alot, rather than the once:dohh:)

Everyones babies seem to be drinking more than Ava...she's 4 week old now and still won't take more than 2-3oz and feeds/wakes every 2 and a half hours I'm knackered and worried she should be on 3-4oz now shouldn't she?

Sam Ava smells like rotten eggs too it's defo the comfor milk! I wish she was ok on normal stage 1!

Freddie only takes 3-4 oz and he is nearly 2 months! :shrug:

Meadow is also nearly 2 months & she is taking 4 oz , occasionally 5 oz :baby:

But a week ago, she was on 3 oz occasionally 4 oz :baby:

So, dont worry Ness :hugs:

I am a bit worried he isn't eating enough...but you can't force a baby to eat more :(

I'm a bit worried Zane is eating too much!! He seems to be taking on average around 5oz of hungry milk each feed - feeding is a little less often though.

Ailsa is just a greedy guts I think!!! sHES PRETTY MUCH POLISHING OFF 60ZS every feed atm! Mind u she only took 4ozs last night but still went thru till 6!

don't feel bad kelly i do that with A as well, she doesn't cry tho just stirs and starts to wake and grzzle a little usually around 4 the first time so i pop her dummy in and then she'll sleep another hour so pop it in again and she goes another hour till 6 then i get up with her but she will usually fall asleep downstairs while i'm making her bottle!!!! If they were really really hungry then they would scream the place down and wouldn't b soothed by a dummy!!!!

OMg i'm watching this morning and wetting myself!!!! gino's cooking naked and he had a willy warmer on!!!!!!!!!! and holly can't look at him shes so embarressed!!! pmsl!!!

I am a bit worried he isn't eating enough...but you can't force a baby to eat more :(

exactly - how do people manage to feed their LO's say ever 3 hours or so - Ava feeds on demand as sometimes she wants more milk, other times less milk therefore impossible to stick to a set time!

I'm watching it too Anouska ha ha so funny!

Ava is suffering with wind on Aptamil comfort shes so grizzly today!

i do kinda feed Ailsa on demand but we need to have a routine becuase of Wil and the school run so she has to be up at 6 so I can get her fed and settled so that then we have time to get breakfast, dressed and ready to leave for school etc and then she has to be feed and happy ready to do the school run again at 3pm. She seems to have got used to being fed at the same time every day now and knws she has a bottle at 6, then another when we get back from school, one at lunchtime, another when we get back from school run and then last one at 7pm.
I didn't want to get into the feeding her little and often so have always tried to drag out her feed times to at least 3 hours, thankfully shes quite a happy content baby and will settle with a cuddle so on occasions I was known to sit and cuddle her for half hour to get her to go 3 hours and now she will go at least 3 hours between feeds without me having to drag it out at all although sometimes she gets a bit grizzley around half 6 in the evening but thats cause shes tired and wants to go to bed!

Hi girls just popping in

Samantha :hugs: hon. You sound really strong and sorted and if FOB isnt, well thats his problem. It sounds as though all you are getting is stress from him. Hope it gets better and you get sorted soon.

havent checked back so apologies if i have missed anything big.

Caitlyn is generally very good - night times arent too bad - had a very bad night the one before last but generally she seems to like a good long feed late evening till around 10 - 10.30 ish and then sleeps till around 3.30 the main trouble is getting her back off to sleep - she is a real gulper which means she needs to wind before going back down or she will sick up - takes at least an 40 mins after feeding to get her back off - the other night it was taking 2 hours to get her to settle. But last night was a really good night -asleep at 11 awake at 3.45 and back in the cot bevore 5!! Hurrah. :yipee:

Mastitus seems to have gone - rash all gone just left with some dry skin - other rash also gone. Just waiting on swab result only but havent felt ill so feeling okay about that.

Feel good today - amazing what 1 good night will do - this time yesterday I was a weeping mess.

Hope you are all okay.

Mizze xx
Aw you're doing fantastic Mizze. xx

Hello! Hope all is well :)

Just watching that down under thing on bbc1.. did anyone else see their birthing rooms!!?? A kingsize double bed to have your baby on not a hospital bed!! A bath and a garden!!! WOW i wish i had my baby in auz!!!
I had Mollie in Oz and although the birthing centre rooms were as you described - the hospital delivery wards are very much like ours here.

I get so jealous of your sleeping babies :rofl:
It sometimes makes me want to switch to formula...but then i don't know if that would even make him sleep more :( and i don't want to give up after ive done it for 2 months for nothing iykwim?
Me too :blush:

I'm watching it too Anouska ha ha so funny!

Ava is suffering with wind on Aptamil comfort shes so grizzly today!

Same for Charlie. When he's done eating he gets grizzly & does a high pitched squeal for a few seconds then stops n goes back to sleep :shrug: If comfort doesn't work I'm gonna go docs n try n find a solution, he looks so uncomfortable bless him :/

Yep, 5oz every 2 and a half hours if I'd let him but I drag it out to the three hours hence the hungry baby which he's now going 3 hours without me dragging it out.

Theres an improvement then :thumbup:

Definitely an improvement! Just had 3 and half hours between feeds so reckon it's working!

Be your glad to get the extra sleep. :thumbup:

I want oliver to stay my baby forever. I get so sad when i think about him growing up lol.

I cant wait to see the change's in Eva, I wonted to start buyin her stuff for x-mas already but OH told me to wise up :blush:

exactly - how do people manage to feed their LO's say ever 3 hours or so - Ava feeds on demand as sometimes she wants more milk, other times less milk therefore impossible to stick to a set time!

Maybe try waking her up, say half n hour before you recken she is due, then she might be more content to sleep alittle longer.

I hate that he is just screaming and i can't do anything to settle him :(
It upsets me :cry:
Doesn't help with the lack of sleep too!

Can you figgure out why hes crying Chloe?

If you know hes not hungry ect try swadiling him and giving him a cuddle in a quiet dark room, dont jiggle or rock as it can over stimulate him. Aslong as hes getting cuddles he wont suffer anything from crying :hugs:

I hate that he is just screaming and i can't do anything to settle him :(
It upsets me :cry:
Doesn't help with the lack of sleep too!

Like Lozzy says, when Ivy is inconsolable I try having nice skin to skin cuddles - top off and her just in a nappy or naked wrapped up in a towel, in a dark quiet room and just 'shussshing' her.

It is horrible though, properly tugs on your heart strings xxx

Well after feeding James every 2 hours since midnight, ive given him a formula bottle this evening. He took 7oz and then an hour later still wanted more. He cant possibly still be hungry but if i latch him on, he will gulp away.....

does he just cry in the evenings hun? could be colic? he will grow out of it by 12 weeks.

and spencer mayb hes having a growth spurt or gearing up to sleep thru!?

Yep, its just in the evenings for about 2hrs :shrug:
Stopped now but he was so sad :(
I cuddled him and shushed him but it didn't help. I think he does have colic :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back