December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

hi everyone how are you all?

my wifi hasnt been working so not been able to get on before now but hope babies and mommies are doing well?

I'm exhausted, Ava is still only taking about 2oz every two hours I feel so drained and never get time to eat properly and she cries if I put her down when she's awake. Tried the moby but I'm so petite and its friggin huge so its really uncomfortable :(

Still stuck in the house when Mark's not here as my stomach is very sore and tender still so cant lift anything yet, and I'm so weak that walking round kills my back and I feel like my scar is really tight and it pulls :(

Wish I'd been so lucky after all that hard work to have had a normal delivery and be able to get around within a week i'm so fed up and frustrated!

Ava is changing everyday and is a gorgeous little thing but she's a very cry-y baby and colic is crappy and hard work. She can't have comfort milk now as it makes her sick a lot she just throws it all back up, so been using gripe water occasionaly and dentinox in her bottles....

Any tips greatly appreciated lol

Have attached some piccies for those not on facebook xxx

How is the moby uncomfortable? if you tie it right it shouldent hurt or pull.

Hello :flower:

Again...no time to read back ladies :nope:

I have booked our flights to Australia, to 'validate' our visas...:happydance: We leave in 3 weeks! :wacko:

Making the permanant move once we have Meadows visa...Which could be up to 7-8months

Hope you are all well....Hopefully I can catch up with you all again soon, properly! :winkwink:
aw great news hun xx

hi everyone how are you all?

my wifi hasnt been working so not been able to get on before now but hope babies and mommies are doing well?

I'm exhausted, Ava is still only taking about 2oz every two hours I feel so drained and never get time to eat properly and she cries if I put her down when she's awake. Tried the moby but I'm so petite and its friggin huge so its really uncomfortable :(

Still stuck in the house when Mark's not here as my stomach is very sore and tender still so cant lift anything yet, and I'm so weak that walking round kills my back and I feel like my scar is really tight and it pulls :(

Wish I'd been so lucky after all that hard work to have had a normal delivery and be able to get around within a week i'm so fed up and frustrated!

Ava is changing everyday and is a gorgeous little thing but she's a very cry-y baby and colic is crappy and hard work. She can't have comfort milk now as it makes her sick a lot she just throws it all back up, so been using gripe water occasionaly and dentinox in her bottles....

Any tips greatly appreciated lol

Have attached some piccies for those not on facebook xxx

Ness - a Nurse friend of my sister who had a c-section recommended Arnica tablets, Zinc and Vit e tablets - she took them from day 1 of her section and was pushing her pram around in two weeks! I have been taking them for about a week now and have seriously noticed a difference in pain and tightness levels - not cheap cost me about £20 for all of it from Holland and Barrat but worth it - I have so much more movement and so much less pain.

How is the moby uncomfortable? if you tie it right it shouldent hurt or pull.

What is everyone's favourite or easiest position - got mine two days ago and am a bit flummoxed by it TBH. I really want to use it but am a bit unsure of it even with the instruction leaflet.

Hello :flower:

Again...no time to read back ladies :nope:

I have booked our flights to Australia, to 'validate' our visas...:happydance: We leave in 3 weeks! :wacko:

Making the permanant move once we have Meadows visa...Which could be up to 7-8months

Hope you are all well....Hopefully I can catch up with you all again soon, properly! :winkwink:
aw great news hun xx

Hi - Kelly, good news - hope you enjoy the "validation" -

Butterfly - Hello :wave: How are you doing?

Caitlyn still unwell - my antibiotics are upsetting her tummy - had 4 very dirty nappies in 40 mins last night and a very unhappy baby - full of wind bless her. Happily she settled down and her overnight nappies were light and she slept better than I thought - its definately a duvet day for us today htough - I have no intention of getting out of my pj's!

Anyone else struggling with clothes -the only thing that fits over my still swollen belly (im so hoping thats partly the c-section healing) is 1 maternity skirt and jogging bottoms. None of my pre preg trousers or skirts fit yet. :(

Mizze xx

Freddie has colic for about 3 ish hours in the evening usually every other one :shrug:
Has anyone found anything to work? I don't find it harder it just upsets me so much when he is clearly in pain and i can't do anything :(
I have been completely knackered recently but feel much better today! :)
I don't think i will make it to 3 months of BFing as im finding it worse and much harder than when he was newborn! I feel like he isn't getting enough and i can't BF in public becasue im too self concious and not going out really gets to me :(
Hope everyone else is ok xx

Kelly thats great news, i hope it all goes smoothly, how long will you be travlin for? an do you no people over there?

Thankyou :flower: We are away for 3 weeks! & no, we dont know anyone over there! Just going it alone! :winkwink:

Thanks to everyone else that has wished me well :flower:

Mizzie....Meadow is now 2 months old & im still in my big knickers, baggy trousers or leggings, I look so attractive...NOT! :blush:

Mummyclo, you have done so well with the breastfeeding & I know how hard it is when you feel self concious, I am the same, even with cover ups...No matter how much you tell yourself, its natural, people wont stare...You just dont wanna do it in public :nope:

I stopped at 1 month, because of my terribly painfull mastitus, re-curring blocked ducts , overproduction/engorged boobs, which was really making me un-happy :cry: Since ive been bottle feeding, I have felt so much happier & no longer in pain....Although my boobies now resemble a deflated balloon :blush:

Ness....Thanks for sharing your pics :baby: She is adorable

I know how hard it is having an unsettled LO...So I totally sympathise :hugs:

Which bottles do you use? :shrug: I use Dr Brown, as Meadow has reflux, im sure this helps & know that Mums of babies with colic swear by them

They arent cheap, but when you think of how long you'll use them & if they help :happydance:

Lozzy theres ridiculous amounts of fabric - I'm 5ft 1" and a size 10 and I have to wrap it around a million times and Ava is quite big so I struggle to get her in and then she weighs me down lol really dont find it easy plus she screams when I try to put her in it and gets hysterical so I have to take her out and calm her down which takes me ages.

Ooh thanks Mizze I'm off to Boots in a bit so will pick some up as I really need to get back to normal I'm ready to throw myself out of the upstairs window lol - gentle walk with the pram to tire Ava out as she's only going 2 hours between feeds at home whereas if we're out she goes longer and takes more and actually sleeps.

Aww poor Caitlyn i hope she feels better!

Colic sucks doesnt it Chloe - I've tried Infacol, Colief, Dentinox and Gripe Water - gripe water I've found to be the best takes about 20 mins for full effect but I've started adding it to her bottles before a feed

Ness....Thanks for sharing your pics :baby: She is adorable

I know how hard it is having an unsettled LO...So I totally sympathise :hugs:

Which bottles do you use? :shrug: I use Dr Brown, as Meadow has reflux, im sure this helps & know that Mums of babies with colic swear by them

They arent cheap, but when you think of how long you'll use them & if they help :happydance:

yeah she's really unsettled she just cries constantly and I've tried everything most of it seems to make her worse unless I'm holding her she hates her play mat, hates her bouncers (we have three) lol I'm at my wits end!

I've got the TT CTN anti colic bottles with the rod down the middle now, am yet to notice a difference to be honest! Doesnt help that she's hungry constantly cos she only takes 2oz at each feed :cry:

:wacko:Im getting myself in a right old 2&8! :wacko:

As you may have read, I have booked our flights to Australia & we are leaving in 3 weeks, for 3 weeks! :plane:

I would love to look forward to it, but at the mo' im just getting in a right old stress, what to take, what clothes to buy, how to transport her 'special milk' , how many nappies to take, how to keep bottles sterile on plane etc etc :hissy:

To top it all off, I still need to find accomadation! :dohh:

We are hoping to stay in a campervan, but they are so expensive (£3500 for 22 days!!!!:saywhat:) that DH wants me to compare the cost of staying in a holiday rental & hiring a car.....:wacko:

Arrgghhh....STRESS:argh:.....I just wanna concentrate on being a Mummy :baby:

Mizzw ive been wearing maternity leggings as they're comfier over my mummy tummy and section site xx

OH keeps undoing all my hard work of getting Lyra to sleep in her cot, when she cries in the night he goes and gets her and puts her in our bed before I am even properly awake! Of course at 3am I'm not going to say no to co sleeping :dohh: for someone who is so against co sleeping he's very quick to bring her into our bed!

Where does everyones baby nap? Lyra will only sleep during the day if I bounce her to sleep in her bouncer :wacko: she's fantastic at night now though, she knows cot+dark=bed time xxx

Hi Mizze - we are fine thanks hun. BF has been quite difficult of late and Rosie is putting on weight very slowly - but I am persevering and we are getting there.

Regards to clothes - I haven't even tried any of my pre-pregnancy clothes - daren't cos I don't want to be depressed. I wear mainly pregnancy combats and joggers!!

Pixxie - Rosie napped in the babybjorn this morning for nearly 2 hours. And currently she is in her carrycot and has been for nearly 1 hour. We seemed to have turned a corner recently which is great and I'm feeling much happier as I was getting a feeling of PND. At night she sleeps in her moses basket - daddy sleeps her side and ensures she stays in there all night unless he gets her out for a feed!!!

Mizze i used this one when she was tiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch****?v=1-VHUEM6K0Q&feature=related

And this one now shes a bit bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch****?v=44snbbszTps&feature=related

(Take the stars out of the link)

Kelly shes going into it tonight :cry:

I had Niamh in the baby bjorn today and i hated it, had her in it fort 20 mins and it killed my back.

I'm out of hossssspital!
:happydance:

Ended up having to stay in for 5 days to feed him after they ran out of expressed milk. It's been a tiring week to say the least, I only really got one night in something which resembled a proper bed (camp bed) and the rest were a mess of wherever they could find a spot. Bah.

I'm getting some little smiles now :) and less pooey nappies! I like my little 1 month old! Can't believe he has literally spent half his little life in hospital though :(

Here's some pics of our little journey. After he had the ventilator out, first cuddle after a WEEK, then the incubator before finalyl getting better and into a crib.

Attachments

• Silas 1 (4).jpg
    Silas 1 (4).jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Silas 1 (7).jpg
    Silas 1 (7).jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Silas 1 (12).jpg
    Silas 1 (12).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 3
OH keeps undoing all my hard work of getting Lyra to sleep in her cot, when she cries in the night he goes and gets her and puts her in our bed before I am even properly awake! Of course at 3am I'm not going to say no to co sleeping :dohh: for someone who is so against co sleeping he's very quick to bring her into our bed!

Where does everyones baby nap? Lyra will only sleep during the day if I bounce her to sleep in her bouncer :wacko: she's fantastic at night now though, she knows cot+dark=bed time xxx

Ailsa sleeps wherever she happens to b when shes tired moses basket, playmat, pushchair. i dont usually let her sleep in her rocker chair but she has a cough/cold atm so having her sitting up more helps her breath easier so she did doze off in there for a bit this morning.

Niamh gets put up in her moses basket for her big nap, she settles better in the dark sice shes so nosy.

Emy thats great news! Bet your glad to be back.

Well it looks like im never going to get Niamh of the formula, had a 1-2-1 with the BF support worker and shes not sucking strongly enough to get enough out to fill her tummy. Her latch is perfect, shes just lazy. On another note though im down to to my BF peer suppor worker training. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->