December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Freddie got weighed today...he is now 10lb7!!! :o
I honestly don't think my milk was sustaining his growth but am still going to express and give him some until i can't anymore. Only made it to 2 months of bfing but at least he had some i suppose :shrug:
I am going to go to the Baby Cafe thing next week as some of the ladies at the weigh in were really friendly :)
Hope everyone else is ok xx

my baby had his first plane ride last week. he is a great traveler.slept the whole time.:happydance:

Thats fantastic, we fly to Australia in 3 weeks & im really anxious about how my LO will be :baby:

I just hope it doesnt hurt her ears :nope:

oh baby has been for his injections- his cries pierced my heart so that
i had to leave the room :( Dh was fantastic and stayed with baby

Aww, bless him :baby: I am sooooo dreading Meadows injections, they are in a weeks time :cry: Its so much harder when they are babies, as you cant explain it to them....You also cant bribe them with a 'prize' afterwards for being brave!

Ness....

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/506794-reflux-help-support-thread.html

The reflux support thread :hugs:

Ailsas due her 2nd lot of injections week after next!!!

I'm starting a baby massage course on 14th feb, its for 4 weeks so hopefully I'll meet some other new mums there! There is a barnados/sure start baby group at our local methodist church on a Friday morning which I think I should go to but its just such a rush to get Wil to school, get home and feed Ailsa and then back out again to the group, then home for lunch and then before I know it its time to pick Wil up again from school! I wouldn't have time to do any washing or anything else!!!!

HELLO ALL!!

The bubs had their 8 wk injections yesterday, they SCREAMED their head off, was awful :(

mummyclo - gorgeous avatar!!

I'm going to try and go to this twin club this friday near me. I've been meaning to go but havent bothered yet. Plus this bloody routine is killing me right now, but i think things are slowly starting to regulate. Lets hope so anyway!

Hope you're all ok xxxxxxxx

Hey Ness - Charlies ok on comfort, he doesn't throw up at all on it. He's passing wind much more which is why he was crying so much I think. He still gets like it but eventually settles down. Perhaps go the silent reflux route and if that doesn't work push with your doc to see if there's anythin else you can try. My friend suffered for 7 months until finally it emerged her LO was lactose intolerant & they prescribed a special milk and he's like a different baby!

Charlie is sleeping SO well at night! Last night he slept from 12-5:30!!!!! If I would have left him n comforted him I reckon he could have stayed asleep until 6/6:30. During the day he's pretty useless at sleeping lol, if he does sleep it's only on me & as soon as I put him down anywhere he cries. He feeds every 2-3 hours, though it's usually 2. So I don't get anything done at all :shrug: I managed to actually eat lunch today, and yesterday I had to call OH round just so I could make Charlies bottles - he wouldnt even let me pee, he'd wail and wail until I gave him a cuddle -_- super clingy :(

Ah, and I think my arms gonna fall off with all this holding :( it goes numb constantly & I get pins and needles in it :(

LOVE your new pictures Nat! They are so gorgeous!
Freddie has his injections tomorrow :cry:
I am soooo annoyed about the cotbed i bought second hand, OH just went to put it up and half the bolts were missing!! Stupid fucking idiots!!! :growlmad:

Well i went and met my cusins for luch and i have had a fab time, i fotgot what it was like to be Laura and not just mummy, nothing like a good bitch to make you feel better.

But i had a total mummy fail, this dosy cow left her changing bag at home. Good job i was only in the town centre so went to boots and got a pack of nappys, pack of wipes, carton of milk and some disposible sterile bottles. 11 weeks shes been born and iv never forgotten anything untill today

Oh dear, whole host of useless OHs :(

Nat - Yaaay! Twin Club, wow...double the ratio of babies to adults, that's gonna be crazy. Hope you do manage to get out and have fun (LOVE the new pics in your sig)

Sam - Great news about Charlie doing SO well in the night. I'm going backwards in regards to sleep, but I'll give it a while at least before I worry too much, we've only been out of hospital 3 days.

During the day today, he has actually fed constantly and been SUPER windy. Massive burps all the time. If he's put down awake, he doesn't settle; if he's put down asleep he's asleep for about 10mins before he wakes and cries like crazy until he has boob. Then he falls asleep about 5-10 mins into feeding and the cycle is repeated.

I assume it's just him ajusting my supply and after fighting my corner in hospital so crazily to avoid them giving him a dummy or formula I feel a bit reluctant to try it now.

To be honest, although i'm not sure I think a dummy might work as he LOVES sucking...but then if he is trying to increase my milk supply that'll mess that up completely. Any other ideas? I'll give it a few days anyway. He's been awake with mini-naps (longest 30mins) since 11am :wacko:

We have our first plane trip on the 14th, but not as far as Australia (just the hour flight to mainland Britain) so umm...fingers crossed for that!

Awwww chloe ur wee man is gorge :) so cute! Lovely dark hair too. Oliver is really fair, OH is pretty fair and his dad and sister are blonde so I guess he gets it from there.

Anyone planning on taking their LO's swimming? I was hoping to take Oliver after his jabs next week, maybe a couple of wks after, when he's about 10wks or so. Is this too early? He loves the bath and I really want him to be super confident in the water :)

During the day today, he has actually fed constantly and been SUPER windy. Massive burps all the time. If he's put down awake, he doesn't settle; if he's put down asleep he's asleep for about 10mins before he wakes and cries like crazy until he has boob. Then he falls asleep about 5-10 mins into feeding and the cycle is repeated.

I assume it's just him ajusting my supply and after fighting my corner in hospital so crazily to avoid them giving him a dummy or formula I feel a bit reluctant to try it now.

To be honest, although i'm not sure I think a dummy might work as he LOVES sucking...but then if he is trying to increase my milk supply that'll mess that up completely. Any other ideas? I'll give it a few days anyway. He's been awake with mini-naps (longest 30mins) since 11am :wacko:

We have our first plane trip on the 14th, but not as far as Australia (just the hour flight to mainland Britain) so umm...fingers crossed for that!

maybe his 3 week growth spurt was a bit delayed with being poorly and now he is upping your supply to catch back up :flower:

Awwww chloe ur wee man is gorge :) so cute! Lovely dark hair too. Oliver is really fair, OH is pretty fair and his dad and sister are blonde so I guess he gets it from there.

Anyone planning on taking their LO's swimming? I was hoping to take Oliver after his jabs next week, maybe a couple of wks after, when he's about 10wks or so. Is this too early? He loves the bath and I really want him to be super confident in the water :)

I am desparate to take Silas swimming! Cannnnot wait! I swam a lot during pregnancy and spent a lot of the time imagining taking my LO swimming :cloud9:, I'm just waiting for him to be able to hold his head up nicely so I feel confident taking him.

I was also wondering what peoples plans are for weaning? TW? BLW? 4 months? 6 months?

You can take a baby swimming whenever zoe, my HV with aimee said dont wait for jabs! Make sure he's warm is the main thing really

Re weaning, I'm not sure yet - I'll just go with the flow like I did with Aimee. Tried baby rice at 5 months n she retched on it, so just retried at 6 months. Alex is a hungry baby so we shall see what happens

i use to take Wil to baby swim every week but could only go in the summer with him as ootherwise he just got cold straight away! The baby swim seats are great: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Floaties-Baby-Swim-Seat-Size/dp/B0000A12HY

i don't know if i'll b able to take Ailsa regularly as it would mean an hour round trip bus journety plus then the time it takes to chamge and swim and trying to fit that in with feeds and school run would b pretty difficult atm.

Re weaning i'm just going to wait and take my cues from her but will start at 6 months if she hasn't wanted it before.

aaah chloe, freddie is so cute!
Nat lovely pics in your siggie :) i think your son looks like your hubby for sure :)

well noah got a little fever after his jabs yesterday- just gave him some calpol which he loved and now he is all better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->