December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

We are doing well Courtney thank you

Those nasal sprays are good arent they!

Im hoping to swim with Caitlyn too - (we got given the most beautiful bather for her - so sweet-) but not until scar is heeled - like ness im thinking 8-10 weeks at the earliest

Mizze x

We are doing well Courtney thank you

Those nasal sprays are good arent they!

Im hoping to swim with Caitlyn too - (we got given the most beautiful bather for her - so sweet-) but not until scar is heeled - like ness im thinking 8-10 weeks at the earliest

Mizze x

Thats good, Yea the nasal spray is great so easy to use aswell. caitlyn sounds like she is doing great bein 9lb!

Kerri - I've gone down the crib route & hopin I get another few months out of it. I didn't buy a crib for Aimee, I put her in her own room at 4 months coz she outgrew her basket. Alex is much longer than Aimee was so might have to go in with Aimee before 6 months.
I got my crib n new mattress off eBay, all for £40

Kerri - I've gone down the crib route & hopin I get another few months out of it. I didn't buy a crib for Aimee, I put her in her own room at 4 months coz she outgrew her basket. Alex is much longer than Aimee was so might have to go in with Aimee before 6 months.
I got my crib n new mattress off eBay, all for £40

Thanks girls, i did think of getting a crib but didnt realise they were that cheap, going to take a look on ebay thankyou!

Mizze i hope ur dad is better soon, hes really been through it hasnt he :hugs:

OMG!! I hate flu!
I stayed at mums to get some rest!
Hope everyone is ok...love all the updated avatars :thumbup:

Hi ladies!!!! Dunno how you lot manage to get on so much i definetly struggle lol! I dont get much time to myself now! Hope ur all ok, and bubbas are being good :hugs:

Jude is getting so big now he literally has an inch left in his moses, and im dreading putting him in his cotbed in Jakes room, he still wakes at 4/5 for a feed and i know it wont wake Jake but worry Jude is too young to go in that room? what do you think? And the cotbed wont fit in our room either :-(

Lyra is in her cotbed in her own room for a couple of weeks now. We got the angelcare monitor though because I was a little paranoid about it, we both sleep better when in separate rooms though xx

Awwww chloe ur wee man is gorge :) so cute! Lovely dark hair too. Oliver is really fair, OH is pretty fair and his dad and sister are blonde so I guess he gets it from there.

Anyone planning on taking their LO's swimming? I was hoping to take Oliver after his jabs next week, maybe a couple of wks after, when he's about 10wks or so. Is this too early? He loves the bath and I really want him to be super confident in the water :)
Hoping to take her a couple of weeks after her jabs so at about 10 weeks.

Mizze - hope your dad is ok hun xx

I am still breastfeeding. Thankfully Rosie has put on weight this time she is now 8lb 6oz - so tiny for a 7 week old but she's responsive and happy (sometimes!). We have been given infant gaviscon to help with her reflux so hopefully she will continue to put weight on.

Hope you are all well xx

Im looking foward to tomorrow night :happydance: Going to be strange waring a propper bra though :rofl:

yeah the cribs are really cheap Kerrie and you can save it for if you want another baby or just re-sell it :thumbup:

Ava is a real fuss pot tonight, arching her back and feeding every 30 mins to an hour but not taking more than a few mouthfuls, she's been whingy all evening really thinking she has silent reflux.

wondering whether to give comfort another go but dont want to change her milk if its not going to help, I dont want the docs to fob me off with the colic diagnosis because we've tried everything - she seems better with colief which make me think the comfort is the right way to go regardless of whether she has reflux or not as it has less lactose which is basically what the colief does....so hard!

She's been ok if a little fussy and arching her back and fighting the bottle even if shes hungry - if its silent reflux or generally reflux would she be like this at every feed?

If shes in pain she might just be feeding for comfort if shes feeding like that. Do you use a dummy? It might be worth trying to make her go a little longer between feeds because if it is reflux, the more often she feeds the longer shes going to be in pain IYGWIM as its worst in the 30 mins following a feed.

yeah thats what I think re the feeding for comfort, she does have a dummy yeah sometimes she wont take it though and others she will dont get me wrong its not horrendously bad but i hate to think of her in pain :(

then again she went 5 and a half hrs without a feed last night so maybe its not reflux - I dont bloody know lol - just dont want any damage to her little throat from the reflux

Could she be lactose intolerant?

there is a chance as its common with parents who have coeliac or crohns disease - I have coeliac and members of OH's family have it so it definitely runs in our families

just to add she's very windy and gets lots of tummy aches and hiccups all the time all of which make her cry

I dont think reflux does any long term damage, it just hurts at the time.

Could you try and get some baby gavisgon(sp?) from your HV if your GP wont give you any?

If having hiccups make her cry it does sound like reflux.

Glad it doesn't do any long term damage and yeah she hates hiccups she gets them 4-6 times a day and she cries and squirms poor thing!

I read gaviscon is just a thickener - would comfort milk do the same thing if that's the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->