December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Ino that, once she is to big for her mosses basket ill get a crib like ness has done. sayin that i duno if all mosses baskets are made to the same length etc but Eva still looks super small in hers?

Silas has a Moses Basket at my parents. I reckon he'll outgrow it in a couple more weeks :wacko:...

I have a swinging crib which I am seriously fingers crossed I'll get 6 months out of. Haven't even looked at proper full size ones.

Im looking foward to tomorrow night :happydance: Going to be strange waring a propper bra though :rofl:

Wooooah...I've been wearing Maternity bras since I was about 18 weeks pregnant...can't remember what a normal one's like!

Mizze - :( thinking of you and your Dad. Running backwads and forwards to hospitals is such a horrible thing, hope the expressing goes well if that's what you choose to do :)

I tried a dummy two nights ago but he just fell instantly asleep almost, it fell out of his mouth and he woke up (in the space of 5 mins) did that twice, then thought 'what's the point?' and continued the mad feeding until he settled. Then the next day he was brilliant, so who knows?

I was diagnosed with mastitis today. I woke up with a bad fever and pain. This sucks.:cry:

aw callie hope you feel better chick :hugs:

your LO is gorgeous love your Avatar xx

Freddie is going in his own room tonight :cry:
Hopefully he will like it, he is so noisy next to me i dont get any sleep so i hope this works!
I can't belive how much he has changed already...its so scary!
Hope everyone is ok and maybe getting a bit more sleep :hugs:

Hey there ladies long time no speak :) Hope all is well with you and you little Ones <3

Little Imogen is doing great. Keeps on piling on the weight. When she was weighed last she was 10lb 4oz :) my little piggy.
January 30th my mum got Immys first proper smile, then i got one :D. OH didnt get one till a later on.

Hes not doing so great at being a father atm, he gets cross so easy, hates everything, and he now is never in, he is always out at work or going out and getting drunk. I look after imogen all day everday, even on the night feeds he doesnt get up any more so i do them. I dont know the last time i got to see my friends. where as he is out all the time with his. Today hes down at the skatepark on his BMX with his friends. I am at home tidying up after his booze fest last night :/

ON a lighter note, Taking imogen for a walk up to see her godmother at around half past two so that will be okay.

Got a job doing Body Shop Parties :D its quite good fun.

Speak Again soon x

So apparently I'm a terrible Mum because I don't sing to Lyra in front of people and I don't make stupid baby talk noises like 'ah goo goo ga ga' to her and just talk to her properly instead. And of course she likes OH better than me because of this... :cry: I wish my OH wasn't such an insensitive t*** somtimes

Thats rediculous! I talk to Freddie normally just slightly more high pitched...i think it makes them more clever :rofl:
I can already see him trying to reply to me, its hillarious. He gets frustrated that words dont come out and its just a squeek or agoo lol

See I think talking to her normally will mean she learns to talk better but he just tells be about how baby talk 'is proven to make them talk earlier' blah blah blah :ignore: I DONT CARE!

If we each do one then surely thats better than us both just saying 'ah bushi bushi boo, ga ga goo' to her all the time :dohh:

Just say to him he can do it, but youd rather talk to her like a normal person?

I do funny voices when im reading eva her books but thats about it, i talk to her normaly altho i did say once heres your milky n OH said its called milk afterwards i did think to myself why did i say that, its not as if you go the shop n ask for a pint of milky haha

For those who have girls n wear hairbands-headbands could you direct me to any good sites??

So apparently I'm a terrible Mum because I don't sing to Lyra in front of people and I don't make stupid baby talk noises like 'ah goo goo ga ga' to her and just talk to her properly instead. And of course she likes OH better than me because of this... :cry: I wish my OH wasn't such an insensitive t*** somtimes

sounds like something my OH would say...

He argued that a dummy caused cotdeath and was adamant that the midwife had told him but i never heard him say it. Saw him googling it and saw that they all said "Dummies can reduce risk of cot death" :rofl: I had a real satisfied smile on my face muuuaaahhhhhaaaa! funnily enough he's been pro dummy ever since lol

When we were in hospital I felt really uncomfortable that the nurses all fussed and talked baby talk and nursery rhymes. Alone, yeah, I sing and make a fool of myself but mostly I just talk normally. I got the impression they thought I didnt care or something...
They kept picking him up too, whenever he whimpered - even though he often settles himself after a couple of mins. Grrrr...it just made him scream louder when they put him down.
Not to mention they're agiest assumption that I wasn't breastfeeding him :growlmad:, but thats a story for another time.
Point is, your baby is your baby - talk and communicate wuth them how you want to.

They say singing in a sing song voice helps babys develop and iv got to say i get more smiles when i do it to Nimah but i still say propper words when i do it,i cant stand people saying silly words to baby's.

OH does my friggin head in, comes out with a comment that he just' slams' her in the bouncer and I'm supposed to laugh? So I say "dont be doing that she's delicate" he had a right go at me and how I should know he is joking and I've insulted him insinuating he cant take care of his daughter WTF?!!

i made a real point with william of calling things their proper names and saying thank you rather than ta otherwise u have to teach them twice which just seems pointless and a waste of time to me!

Ailsa loves it when i sing to her her fav song i sing is "hey baby" she goes really quiet and stares at me mesmermized!

Yea it drives me mad when kids don't speak properly becuase everyone is calling things by stupid words! This is all from a man who ignores her crys becuas he can't pause the ps3 anyway so I don't know what I'm worried about. When he says things like that though it makes me feel like a shut mum, anyone elses comments I can just brush off but his really get to me and make me feel like a failure :( xx

Eva is really fussy when it comes to a wet or dirty nappy, she will randomly have a winge, which ino its her nappy but its only tinnie bit damp.

OH is bein a DICKHEAD aswell tonight , he has sat on laptop scine 7 n im only gettin on now to do what i need to, I got eva settled before i came on as she isnt herself with havin the cold, she has just started to cry n OH says right your gonna have to do something here she isnt settlin for me?????? and he is sittin right infront of her urgh he makes me so angry sometimes!!!!

i just took A up to bed and proceeded to fall down the stairs on the way back down! so am now sat on the sofa with a tea towel wrapped block of frozen pastry on my right elbow while DH washes and prepares her bottles for tomorrow! think i'm gonna b very bruisedstiff and achey in the morning!!!

On the subject of our men.....

My DH has 'man cold' & so literally cant do anything at the moment! :dohh::haha::dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->