December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hey girls, Havent been on so much so will have to catch up on some reading! How is everyone?

I went shopping today with my mum an Charlie in town today :) I bought some lovel new clothes, and fed Charlie while we were out which was a thing I was nervous about. I used the cartons, they're great I'm gonna have a few stocked in my cupboard!

Charlie is registered now! Just gotta book the 6 week check and then thats another thing off the list!

OH is still 'kicked out' - he visits often though. We're slowly piecing things together, it's nice to have a break from him. Gonna try n suggest a valentines meal perhaps to get to know eachother again.

Charlies still fussy despite comfort milk so I'm trying him on gripe water as well. If no difference, will mention it to HV and doctor when I go for the 6 week check!

i just took A up to bed and proceeded to fall down the stairs on the way back down! so am now sat on the sofa with a tea towel wrapped block of frozen pastry on my right elbow while DH washes and prepares her bottles for tomorrow! think i'm gonna b very bruisedstiff and achey in the morning!!!

Oh no! :dohh: You poor thing :hugs:

Hope you arent too bruised :hugs:

i just took A up to bed and proceeded to fall down the stairs on the way back down! so am now sat on the sofa with a tea towel wrapped block of frozen pastry on my right elbow while DH washes and prepares her bottles for tomorrow! think i'm gonna b very bruisedstiff and achey in the morning!!!

Oh wow hope you didnt hurt your self to badly, did you miss your step??

Hey girls, Havent been on so much so will HVs to catch up on some reading! How is everyone?

I went shopping today with my mum an Charlie in town today :) I bought some lovel new clothes, and fed Charlie while we were out which was a thing I was nervous about. I used the cartons, they're great I'm gonna have a few stocked in my cupboard!

Charlie is registered now! Just gotta book the 6 week check and then thats another thing off the list!

OH is still 'kicked out' - he visits often though. We're slowly piecing things together, it's nice to have a break from him. Gonna try n suggest a valentines meal perhaps to get to know eachother again.

Charlies still fussy despite comfort milk so I'm trying him on gripe water as well. If no difference, will mention it to HV and doctor when I go for the 6 week check!

Hey sammy glad to hear you an OH is gettin on ok, an the meal sounds a good idea, havin a break i bet is nice aswell?
I always keep a few cartons in the fridge an just put them in the baby bag once im gettin everything ready to go out, iv found asda is the cheapest for buyin them :thumbup:

I had ago at makin a headband for Eva, i think it looks pretty good an it fits her head perfectly, what you think?

Attachments

• DSC01020.jpg
    DSC01020.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
starting to cease up a bit so dread to think what i'm gonna b like in the morning! I kinda put my foot to close to the edge of the step and the mixture of carpet and socks ment my foot just slipped and I went tumbling down cracking my elbow on the wall and skirting bit! Have a nice graze, lump and bruise there now and bruised my bum as well!! I'm not great with stairs, slipped down them when I was preg as well whcih wasn't great! I've also fallen down a flight of stone steps in a resturant before! Am thinking living in a town house probably wasn't the best idea and that I should move to a bungalow!!!

The head band looks really cute hun - well done u - i'm really no good ay anything creative like that!!

Oh sounds like you took a right tumble, hope your OH is looking after you?

I used to make and sell dog collars, leads etc as a hobbie but gave it up, so i still had some bits an bobs so thought id try makin Eva a headband and im pretty pleased with it,
My sister bought her baby wellies had them on her today with her jeans, she looked so sweet with them on..

baby wellies? i've not heard or seen any of them - they sound sweet!

well i'm pleased to say after not being able to brush my teeth with my right arm last night it now feels a lot better still sore and bruised and can't lift it to extremes but at least i'm able t pick A up and feed her etc!
My back/bum however is very bruised it even hurts to sit and lean back on the sofa!!!

We had a good night, Freddie fed at 10 and slept till 3. Only problem was the people shouting outside our front door at 2.30-5am!!! Fucking inconsiderate idiots!
I have stopped BFing, but i think i did the right thing, he seems so much happier now and i am proud i managed to get to 2 months :)
I put him on Hipp Organic but he is REALLY sicky so will try C&G and see if he is better :thumbup:
Hope your bruises get better soon Anouska :hugs:
Hope everyone else is ok xx

We had a good night, Freddie fed at 10 and slept till 3. Only problem was the people shouting outside our front door at 2.30-5am!!! Fucking inconsiderate idiots!
I have stopped BFing, but i think i did the right thing, he seems so much happier now and i am proud i managed to get to 2 months :)
I put him on Hipp Organic but he is REALLY sicky so will try C&G and see if he is better :thumbup:
Hope your bruises get better soon Anouska :hugs:
Hope everyone else is ok xx

Glad Freddie seems happier :flower: 2 months is amazing! Have you done anything to dry your milk up, i am scared of stopping just because of milk overload :wacko:

I just pumped only once the last 2 days it was a bit sore...but not that bad, i pumped before bed so i could sleep and today they don't feel bad at all! A little full but not engorged at all. I think once your supply is regulated its not so bad, i think its when people stop in the early weeks when your supply is CRAZY that its bad :)
My mum is a bit shitty at me for stopping but its my body my boobs and my baby so...she can shut up! :haha:

My tickers stopped working? Charlie is 5 weeks Monday :wacko:

I think its because our tickers count in months rather than weeks...:thumbup:

See, I would say Meadow is 9 weeks tomm (counting each week since her birth) but if its counted in months then she is 2 months today! (as its the 6th today, she was born 6th Dec) :wacko:

I just pumped only once the last 2 days it was a bit sore...but not that bad, i pumped before bed so i could sleep and today they don't feel bad at all! A little full but not engorged at all. I think once your supply is regulated its not so bad, i think its when people stop in the early weeks when your supply is CRAZY that its bad :)
My mum is a bit shitty at me for stopping but its my body my boobs and my baby so...she can shut up! :haha:

That doesnt sound too scary - makes me less worried about stopping when the time comes!

Just look back on BF and feel proud and happy with what you achieved and feel good about your decision that FF is better for you and your little boy at this point. There is way too much guilt tied up with BF and it sucks that people are made to feel like they 'gave up'.

I still take it one day at a time, I have no long term goal for BF, just as long as we are both happy :flower:

I do think there is a bit too much pressure on people. I think as long as your both happy it doesn't really matter! I wasn't prepared to starve him any longer for my satisfaction iykwim?
I think that it was so easy to stop sortof told me i didn't really have enough for him and he is so much more contented now :happydance:

I feel so lucky that we haven't had any problems with breastfeeding, I'm hoping to do at least 6 months, hopefully a year now.

Just out of curiosity, how many ounces of formula do you give at 8 weeks? I just pumped a 7oz bottle and got a bit of a shock :haha: xx

Ivy is 9 weeks and takes 4oz - she is dinky though (just over 9lb)...not sure if that makes a difference though :shrug:

I also feel hugely lucky I havent had any major issues with bf - now I have accepted she is growing at her own rate and she is likely to be small FF or BF I have really relaxed.

Ailsa has been having 6oz bottles since around 6 weeks I think - she probably would have gone up to 7ozs by now but has had this horrible cold bug for a week now and it pretty much cut her apetite in half! Shes a lot better and starting to finish 1 or 2 6oz bottles a day now, the others she takes about 3 or 4 ozs.
Was just about to do her a bottle as shes due a feed and she started whinging and as quickly as she started she stopped and is now fast asleep on her playmat!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->