• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Well Eva enjoyed her bath, her hair is nice and thick looking now, OH fed and got her settled so i could jump in the shower, it was heaven lol

OH has the flu :( I'm so worried about me or Oliver catching it! We are going to sleep downstairs tonight and I'm keeping them apart, washing my hands etc etc but I don't know if there's much else I can do to prevent it.

Me and Oh n Eva have been with my mum an dad when Eva came out of hospital, my dad caught the flu and we just kept Apart not going in the same room etc, now my mum has caught it so still keeping her in apart, like you say theres not much you can do to stop lo's catching it.

Myself, my DH & my 2 Sons are all suffering with sore throats/colds and cold sweats

Just trying our best not to breathe germs on LO :baby:

Hope your DH gets well soon :thumbup:

Hey girls

Well Kelly it turned out it was mastitis, I have never felt so I'll!! My temp was that high over night I was hallucinating!!
Anyway have started antibiotics now and am feeding through it. Think mine came about from oversupply too, my poor girl does be drowned in milk half the time.
Pixxie sounds like either growth spurt or that baby isn't getting enough milk. What's your supply like? Very tough going for you xx

Hopefully2 my mum suffered terribly with mastitis when she was feeding me, she got seriously ill. Definately doesn't sound like much fun. Good for you for feeding through it though :thumbup:

I'm starting to get a sore throat :( I really hope it's just me imagining things because I'm pretty much just waiting to get ill.

Hello girls!!!! Wondered where everyone went lol!!

Imogen Sansome :)
27/12/10
7lb 3oz

xx

i wouldn't worry about lo's catching colds and flu - i'm sure i read or heard somewhere years ago that they are unlikely to catch stuff like that in the first few weeks cause they r protected by our immunity until thier own starts to develop.

My mum came down with a cold when she was here when Ailsa was born and she still came in the same room as her and everything but just didn't hold her or anything. A few days later when ailsa would have been around a week or 2 old, I came down with a cold and was still doing everything with Ailsa as before and although she was a bit snotty and snuffly for a few days this didn't seem to bother her at all and shes been fine!
There is soo much around atm its gonna be impossible to keep them away from it cause unfortunately yr bound to get ill yrself! DH has now caught his first cold of the year and after pretty much getting rid of the cold I had I've now have swollen glands and a high temperature!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

So nice to have met such lovely ladies like you, i really would have struggled in my pregnancy AND these first few weeks without you guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's to many more questions, much needed support, reassurances and lots of giggles!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Girls I don't know what to do, Lyra has been attatched to me since 4pm, everytime I put her down she cries and roots around but when I put her on the boob I can't hear swallowing. She comes off by herself after 10-20 mins but then as soon as I put her down she starts rooting again! What do I do?! I need to sleep! :cry:

If you cant hear her swalowing hun she could be comfort sucking. If your shatterd it might be worth trying her with a dummy even if its just for one night so you can catch up on some sleep. If you dont want to give her a dummy a clean finger will do.

Thr dummy has been a lifesaver for us. Oliver loves to comfort suck so it really helps him settle. Are u definately producing enough milk? She could be hungry but simply not getting enough, especially if shes having a growth spurt.

Ah pixxie love u must be exhausted. Definitely consider a dummy or atop up with formula to give yourself some rest x

Typically as soon as I posted she let me put her down :dohh: I think I'm producing enough becuase I'm still leaking? I think it might be comfort sucking, I have the dummy ready incase she starts up again, just feeding her now so we shall soon see. Xx

All this is not helped by my OH who is once again behaving like a twat, so much so I'm starting to wonder why I decided to have a baby with him :nope: he said he was going to get some money off his brother, went out at 8.30pm to get it which should have taken about an hour, he turns up at 11.50pm so pissed he can barely stand up. I'm starting to worry he drinks too much and I really can't be dealing with his shit right now, I'm going to end up depressed if he doesn't pack it in. The worst thing is he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong! Urgh I'm just so fed up right now.

aww pixie hun i'm so sorry yr having a tough time, i think the advice the other ladies gave re lyra is excellent and regarding yr oh i think u need to get tough and give him an ultimatium either he shapes up and acts like a grown up and a father or he gets lost! hopefully that'll jolt him back to reality and he'll sort himself out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->