December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

I am proper dreading it :(

I was feeling just the same as you...Drove to the Doctors feeling awfull :cry:

Got there, only to be told off for not having had her 8 week check up & that they now wouldnt do the injections :nope:

The nurse said to me 'youve had 2 children, you should know they need the check up first' :growlmad:

Well, lady.....Firstly I may have 2 children already, but they are 18 & 7....You do forget things you know :growlmad:

& secondly, you have no idea what I have been dealing with lately, planning for a 3 week trip to Australia (where we arent just having a holiday, but researching areas, jobs etc) .....:growlmad:

I swear to you Girls....I didnt know if to get annoyed :growlmad: or cry! :cry:

OMG that was awful!!
I got absolutely soaked both ways and he cryed like ive never heard him when she did the injections!
He is fine now sucking his muslin :rofl:

:hugs: Bet your glad thats over!

Glad Freddie is Ok now :baby:

The 'mean nurse' said I would have to wait until next thurs now :growlmad:...I was worried, as that is less than a week until we leave, im sure it doesnt matter, but im a worry guts!

So, I spoke to the receptionist, who was really nice :thumbup:

I have now booked her 8 week check & injections for Tuesday....And the best part......

Its a different nurse! :happydance:

Mean Nurse!! :growlmad:
It seemed very slap dash to me...like get his legs out, stab stab, on your way :saywhat:
I was a bit shocked it was so quick!
I bet your excited about your 3 weeks away but also a bit aprehensive about all the baby stuff?
x

Mean Nurse!! :growlmad:
It seemed very slap dash to me...like get his legs out, stab stab, on your way :saywhat:
I was a bit shocked it was so quick!
I bet your excited about your 3 weeks away but also a bit aprehensive about all the baby stuff?
x

Yes, they make it like a conveyor belt of babies now dont they, not very 'personal' at all :nope:....Bit like the maternity care we get, I think!

Ive not had time to get excited yet, so much to plan, organise...:wacko: Along with Meadows reflux & trying to get all her documents in for her visa :wacko: She has her visa medicals on monday! :baby:

I will be glad when everything is sorted & I can just enjoy being a mommy :cloud9:

Ailsa sleeps 10-11hrs at night now - shes been doing that since she was about5/6 weeks old.

Its a horrible scream cry isn't Clo, a proper shocked that hurt kinda cry! bless but its over quickly and come tomorrow he won't remember it happened!
When Ailsa had her jabs the nurse did one leg then waited till she'd calmed down a bit before doing the other one - tbh i think i'd prefer if she'd just done them one after the other so that she was only upset oncve iykwim!

Oh no Kelly thats awful, horrid nurse! but at least u got it sorted and hopefully the other nurse will b a lot nicer!

WOW! ! 10-11 hrs straight??
Freddie does 4-6 hours now which is bloody good, much better than the 2 he used to do when i was feeding him!
Yea its like "what the hell was that...and it hurts" :( poor babys!

When Ailsa had her jabs the nurse did one leg then waited till she'd calmed down a bit before doing the other one - tbh i think i'd prefer if she'd just done them one after the other so that she was only upset oncve iykwim!

Yeah, defo...get them both done quickly, that way, when they are crying from 1st one, the 2nd one wont 'notice' quite so much :baby:

Bless the little ones :hugs:

Freddie does 4-6 hours now which is bloody good, much better than the 2 he used to do when i was feeding him!

Meadow was like that too, only going 2-3hours before wanting another feed (when I was BF)

Then it took a few weeks of being on formula, but about a week ago, she started sleeping through, waking...but going back to sleep with just her dummy :cloud9:

I do feel a bit guilty, thinking, is she waking cos she wants feeding & im just stuffing her dummy in....:blush: But on the other hand, she has more ounces in the day now & if I start feeding her at night now, she will probably get used to it again....Why make life harder! :winkwink:

Hopefully Freddie is listening to these babies & will start sleeping longer soon :sleep:

We shaved it all off!! :( its a custom we do... But i miss their hair!

Ah i see, can i ask why you do that? :thumbup:

I am proper dreading it :(

I was feeling just the same as you...Drove to the Doctors feeling awfull :cry:

Got there, only to be told off for not having had her 8 week check up & that they now wouldnt do the injections :nope:

The nurse said to me 'youve had 2 children, you should know they need the check up first' :growlmad:

Well, lady.....Firstly I may have 2 children already, but they are 18 & 7....You do forget things you know :growlmad:

& secondly, you have no idea what I have been dealing with lately, planning for a 3 week trip to Australia (where we arent just having a holiday, but researching areas, jobs etc) .....:growlmad:

I swear to you Girls....I didnt know if to get annoyed :growlmad: or cry! :cry:

:growlmad: I would hav etold her where to shove her opinon, we make the effert to get down to the docs dreading whats going to happen, i think some of these nurses think we are super organized, Erm no!
I think i oushed out half my brain when i gave birth i forget nearly everything :dohh:
Cant remember what iv done with stuff, and for some odd reason numbers have just went out the window :shrug:

if she was really hungry hun she wouldn't settle with her dummy so don't worry and beat yrself up over it!

Ailsa has a feed at about 6-6:30am then usually lays on her playmat while we all get ready, have breakfast etc and she might fall asleep there for about half hour before i then get her ready for the school run, she'll sleep for the half hour in her pushchair to school and back and then she'll lay in her basket, on her mat or sit in her chair while I tidy up the kitchen etc, then she'll have a feed about 9:30/10am, if shes fallen asleep i'll put her in her basket otherwise she'll go down on her mat while I get on with some jobs and have lunch then feed her again at 1pm, then she plays after that feed until its time for the school run again and again she'll sleep in her pushchair for the half hour or so while we're out, then she'll have a feed at 4pm and then has her last feed at about 7pm. Every other night she'll have a bath about quarter to 7 before her bottle. Then shes usually in bed and asleep by half 8!

I had forceps and an episiostomy and he was at the wrong end of the bed!

I would love to have #2 at home but more than likely i will get diabetes again and be classified as high risk :cry: i wouldnt get induced again though without good reason, i would request daily monitoring if needs be and more scans. I feel like my diabetes was a lie anyway - seeing as she weighed 6lb 7oz!

My BMI was 31 so they tested...I'm hoping if I'm pregnant again they'll 'forget' about the Gestional Diabetes that I 'sort of' had (90% of my readings were normal).

My BMI is already down to 30 and will probably be 29 before long...fingers crossed!

Juliette is an absolute dream baby, as our first was tough work (three months prem, colic etc). The only snag with Juliette is she was totally refusing bottles and would only breastfeed meaning i couldn't ever leave her side. Hard when you've a toddler who wants some of mammy to themselves.
Anywho!! Today was a small breakthrough. I got her to take one ou ce in the morningfrom a bottle and two ounces in the afternoon. I have everything crossed this continues so we can do a small it of combi feeding.

Mine took a bottle straight away for express, and then no problem in hospital. But during his constant feeding he didn't really get one at all...then worryingly the other night I had a bit of express to top him up before bed and it took ages to get him to take it :wacko:
I need to keep up the bottles or he's gonna be a nightmare to get on them later - ek!

I will take a bottle with me, mine is at 3pm!
I have to walk and its bloody raining :(
Do you go in with them or what? I have absolutely no idea what to expect x
Thankyou for your message Kelly hope you and Meadow are ok today too
:hugs:

Do you reckon I could feed him whilst they did it? I used to do that while they messed about with his IV and antibotics and he didn't flinch. Sure he would for the jabs, but worth a go. Poor baba :( our injection date is March 2nd.

HEHEHE! That picture of Eva, she does NOT look impressed!

We shaved it all off!! :( its a custom we do... But i miss their hair!

Ah i see, can i ask why you do that? :thumbup:

I believe it's done in Islam and Hinduism, I remember studying it at school (in England, as N. Ireland don't teach you anything non-christian in RE :nope:) something about weighing it and doing something with the equivalant weight in gold?
Though I'm not completely sure, and I'm sure Nat'll give you a better explanation. :thumbup:

Well partly we did it for the hair to grow back thicker and more evenly. Its also custom in islam to weigh the hair and give the weight in money to charity :) xx

Well partly we did it for the hair to grow back thicker and more evenly. Its also custom in islam to weigh the hair and give the weight in money to charity :) xx

Thanks EMY

Ah i see, Well im sure the charity that got your babies hair weight in gold is a very rich one. do you only do it once? There both still gorg babies :cloud9::cloud9:

Lol, they did get a fair penny out of us!! We only do it that once, i kept a lock of each of their hair and put it in my baby book :D I can't wait for their hair to grow back properly now, especially hers!! xx

Would have been pointles shaving Niamh's hair, shes got none lol

Lol, they did get a fair penny out of us!! We only do it that once, i kept a lock of each of their hair and put it in my baby book :D I can't wait for their hair to grow back properly now, especially hers!! xx

Some bought us a sliver heart shape trinket for eva's first curl, i have it all in her keep sake box. People look at me odly when i say iv put her cord that fell of in there, but i can see where they a=come from , not as if she would wont to see it, but im keeping it lol

I was going to keep that too! I was also going to keep my boys bit of skin from his circumcision... My husband nearly vommed in my face when i told him i was going to keep it. I decided not to in the end!

Its abit of her ill always have along woth her curl, my sister kept her sons cord went it fell of and set it on the sideboard till she done something but knocked it over and her dog ate it hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->