December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

3oz isnt very much for there age, maybe try bumping them up, has your HV not mentioned anything about them still taking so little?

Eva is 7wk and she takes between 5-6oz every feed and she has 5-6 bottles a day.

Eloise is having 4 or 5 6oz bottles every day and sleeps through the night... well she has her last bottle about 9pm and goes through til 7am (sometimes a bit later).

Have you tried giving them more, or do they take the 100ml and then lose interest?

Nat, You have my total respect for doing so well with 2 babies at the same time :) x

Freddie is only having 4oz per feed, don't worry about it nat...their tummys aren't used to much after being breastfed. They will eventually take more but in their own time :)
:hugs:

I really dont know! What the hell am i doing wrong?? They feed every 3 hrs in the day, they generally have about 90ml (3oz) then they are put to bed at 7.30pm and feed every 3 hrs, at night they have about 100ml.

Its so friggin difficult and i dont know why they wont just effing sleep :(

Ivy is exactly the same age as your two and breastfed but when she has the odd bottle she take max 4oz but mostly 3oz.

I have no idea if it makes a difference but she is very petite and at most 9lb 8oz at the moment (similar to yours I believe)

She is a very little and often baby and feeds every 3 hours at most....snack-a-holic like her father!

My sister was a dinky little baby and she never took more than 4oz the whole time she was on bottles, and she was ff from birth!

Glad to hear of all the babies that are sleeping well :thumbup:

Nat I would try gradually increasing the bottles, Lyra can take 6/7 oz of expressed milk at a time and she does 2 5hr stretches with a feed in between most nights. Also if she is going to bed at 9 I will feed at 7pm then again at 8.30pm to try and tank her up a little but I dont know if it works because I cant see the ozs.

Lyras getting worse with her naps and I just dont know what to do! She seems to really fight it apart from when we are out and about and she naps in the pram. Any ideas ladies? I dont fancy taking 3 walks a day to get her to have her needed naps :dohh: xx

Oh lovely, according to Baby Club I'm a bad mum because I have a cot bumper...

Ignore them hunni....they are stupid fuckers!
People are stupid, just accept that you know best for your baby!
There is soooo many far far worse things people do everyday so just ignore them! :hugs:
x

Pixxie I am sure loads of people use the cot bumpers - theres always someone in baby club who think their way is the only way!!!!!, just make sure they are secured properly and they will be fine :) x

I'm sooo jealous of all the sleeping babies!!! My boy still only sleeps well if he sleeps next to me. One 5 hour stretch, then 2 hours and then 2 more hours. I really hope he figures it out soon.

How they cant see that 27 deaths in 20 years is a minuscule risk I've no idea! Crossing the road with the pram is more dangerous than a cot bumper :dohh:

It just makes you feel like shit, I'm already having a bit of a complex about if I'm doing a good enough job and that silly cow has made it worse :( xx

:hugs: Pixxie your doing great!! You love your lil miss and thats all she needs!
She is YOUR baby and no one else can tell you how to raise her (even tho theyll probably try!)
No parent is perfect but we try our hardest x

Can anyone tell me how i get the link in my sig to say birth story an so people can click it to read it?

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/531213-eva-jane-birth-story-23-12-10-a.html

Mmmm, normally that works...Mayby ask admin ;0)

OMG my laptop made a beeping noise and I thought it was the warning beep on the angelcare monitor :cry: I totally s*** myself and thought that Lyra had stopped breathing. Now I'm on pins :nope:

Can anyone tell me how i get the link in my sig to say birth story an so people can click it to read it?

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/531213-eva-jane-birth-story-23-12-10-a.html

Mmmm, normally that works...Mayby ask admin ;0)

I went to the forum help section an went through how to do it but it never seemed to work? ill pm admin tho never thought of doing that, thanks.

Pixxe dont listen to anyone about the cot bumper, your hardly going to do something to danger your own child. At the end of the day she is your baby no one els can tell you what to do with her.

I hated when MIL was tryin to tell me to do this or that, i snaped a few times and just said this is the way i do it :growlmad::growlmad:
Her daughter had a baby 8days before me and she liked to compare everything i done to what her daughter dose, everyone has there own different ways. My mum nos not to try and tell me how do to things because she nos ill do it how i wont, and not what everyone els trys tellin me to do.

OH didnt come home last night, one of his friends phoned me at 4am to let me know where he was, asleep on their couch... so friggin pissed off at him. He promised he would only go out for a few hours to watch the footie then come home. Hes so selfish and inconsiderate its untrue :growlmad:

What a twat!! He doesn't sound very grown up to me :shrug:
If my Oh did that i would tell him to grow up and be an adult or leave!
I am harsh tho! :haha:

He isnt very grown up at all. I'm wondering why he wanted to have a baby if he wasnt going to be more responsible. When I say that he goes out too much he just goes on that hes only 26, he wants to go and get pissed with his mates. I'm only 20, does he not think I would like to bugger off out with my mates and get pissed!? Oh, wait, I cant because I have HIS baby to look after, so I can't.

Aww hun, i feel lucky coz my Oh never really goes out and tbh i never really want to anymore :shrug:
I am still amazed at how much i love my lil man.....i never thought i would feel like this iykwim?

Oh pixxie :hugs: men are a funny breed... Even the best of them are selfish at times, its just how they are built. I think he needs to be reminded that its not just the 2 of you anymore, its his decision whether he wants to be a responsible parent or not, there is no other option unfortunately.

At least you have a baby who sleeps well, mine are still waking 3 times for food, and last night from 4 am they took it in turns to wake every hour to have a moan. I feel like shit today!

And if my period hasn't come yet can I still get pregnant? There was an irresponsible incident last night and I'm really hoping I'm not with child... :blush:

Well I'd like to go out but I dont want to leave her IYKWIM? It just really gets to me that he's carrying on like she isnt here and has none of the responsibility and I have it all.

Nat I believe its possible but unlikely :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->