December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

How they cant see that 27 deaths in 20 years is a minuscule risk I've no idea! Crossing the road with the pram is more dangerous than a cot bumper :dohh:

It just makes you feel like shit, I'm already having a bit of a complex about if I'm doing a good enough job and that silly cow has made it worse :( xx

:growlmad:

I haven't used them yet because he's beside my bed in his crib, and I wouldn't be able to see him if I had them up! But asked my friend for her old ones since he often bangs his wee hands on the bars :(

People are so opinionated. Like the girls have been saying, your baby, your choice - try not to let it get to you. I feel bad when everyone says they do all these nice things to get their baby to sleep...I just lie mine down in the crib, he usually sleeps but sometimes I let him cry for a bit.

:haha: Oh Nat! It is possible but unlikely, sometimes DTD can trigger the release of an egg (I think that may've been how I got pregnant the first time as at the time of conception my period was 2 weeks late..) but I imagine that's a rare occurance. Hope you're having fun :D

Ack! he's so ALERT today! Like he's proper taking the world in.

On the subject of sleep, he fed lots of little feeds from 6pm then slept 10pm till 4am! the longest yet! I'm a happy mummy! Demand feeding really seems to work :D

If i was u Nat i'd go get myself the morning after Pill - u are at yr most fertile after giving birth - when I had Wil the hv drummed it into us as she'd got caught out that way, not had a period after giving borth then got preg! not sure if she'd just had twins or conceived twins that time!!

Hiya every one.

Pixxe i would be tempted to not let him back in. He wants to stay out all night he can.

I dont use a cot bumper at the moment but if she starts getting her limbs stuck in the bars i will.

just thought i'd share this pic of Awith u all wearing thr only socks that stay on her feet for more than 5 minutes!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0818.jpg
    DSCN0818.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 3
i never used a cot bumper with Wil and never had any problems with him getting arms stuck or banging his head - he was always in a sleeping bag tho. Its one of those things thats just personal choice but some people do have strong views about!

I will use one because he is always throwing his hands about and hitting himself on the bars :(

I'm sooo jealous of all the sleeping babies!!! My boy still only sleeps well if he sleeps next to me. One 5 hour stretch, then 2 hours and then 2 more hours. I really hope he figures it out soon.

this is the same as Ava - she goes about 5 hours then wakes for a feed around 3/4am then goes back down til abut 6am but often wakes with belly ache so is fussing from 3am ish so we have to get her in bed next to me and she can sleep for England!

How they cant see that 27 deaths in 20 years is a minuscule risk I've no idea! Crossing the road with the pram is more dangerous than a cot bumper :dohh:

It just makes you feel like shit, I'm already having a bit of a complex about if I'm doing a good enough job and that silly cow has made it worse :( xx

just ignre them Ava has cot bumpers cos she bangs her hands on the rails in the night otherwise, they say not to use them from a year old on my packaging xx

This was Niamh in her big girls cot for the first time. She looks tiny in it.

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1333.jpg

https://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad148/lozzy22minx/SAM_1334.jpg

aw shes gorgeous lozzy she does look tiny! I think Niamh is like Ava - they look really big on piccies but they're quite little in real life!

anyone else have ridiculous amounts of ewcm on their first cycle after birth?

Its so stretchy and tons of it I've never seen anything like it lol - good job me and OH dont have sex ha ha

OH didnt come home last night, one of his friends phoned me at 4am to let me know where he was, asleep on their couch... so friggin pissed off at him. He promised he would only go out for a few hours to watch the footie then come home. Hes so selfish and inconsiderate its untrue :growlmad:

why are some men childish and inconsiderate and selfish. My OH is driving me mad he's still living his life like theres just himself to think of, fair enough he doesnt go out boozing but he plays golf, plays on the playstatin and football manager and all we've done is row because I do everything baby relate.

He came home from golf today and switched football manager straight on - Id not even had time for a piss cos Ava had a bad belly and was unsettled. I got dressed and went out with Ava I thought "screw you" and he really missed us, we were gone 6 hours lol if he wants t sit around being boring and playing f***ing games thats fine but I'm not!

Aww Lozzy Niamh looks so cute sleeping :cloud9:

I love just watching Meadow sleep :sleep::cloud9: They are so adorable

Love the way they still fold their little hand up :cloud9:

Hey girlies, I've been so busy these past few days, so haven't been on as much! On Friday OH & I went for dinner which was lovely & we had a laugh, on Saturday my doggie at my mums was attacked by another dog :)cry: thankfully he's okay n just has puncture wounds on his leg)...so I went to see him all day n gave him loads of cuddles, then today I've visited family for the first time charlie has been born.

How is everyone? Anyone got any plans for valentines?

Charlie is doing ok, still crying after eating despite comfort milk. It's been 3ish weeks that he's been on it n he's now getting constipated again. The milk seemed to work in that department, & it's helped him pass gas but he still has trouble. Don't know what to do :shrug: I suspect lactose intolerance - he has all the signs but he's constipated n doesn't throw up. He also seems to be feeding anywhere between 3-5oz every 1.5-2hrs :shrug:, I think perhaps put him back on regular aptimil milk and see how he goes...anyone got any advise or going through the same thing? I feel so bad for him when he's crying :( can you buy soy milk or is it prescribed?

Got so much stuff to sort out :( OH and I worked at the same place n we've both been made redundant as whole company has shut down. So...we need to sort out the gov paying my maternity, JSA money, child benefit, child tax, Council tax bill & housing benefit. Then I need to reg Charlie & myself at new doctors, n rearrange HV visit, :dohh: so much stress! Anyone know if child tax n benefit can be applied for online?

just thought i'd share this pic of Awith u all wearing thr only socks that stay on her feet for more than 5 minutes!!!

are they from tesco?

Hey girlies, I've been so busy these past few days, so haven't been on as much! On Friday OH & I went for dinner which was lovely & we had a laugh, on Saturday my doggie at my mums was attacked by another dog :)cry: thankfully he's okay n just has puncture wounds on his leg)...so I went to see him all day n gave him loads of cuddles, then today I've visited family for the first time charlie has been born.

How is everyone? Anyone got any plans for valentines?

Charlie is doing ok, still crying after eating despite comfort milk. It's been 3ish weeks that he's been on it n he's now getting constipated again. The milk seemed to work in that department, & it's helped him pass gas but he still has trouble. Don't know what to do :shrug: I suspect lactose intolerance - he has all the signs but he's constipated n doesn't throw up. He also seems to be feeding anywhere between 3-5oz every 1.5-2hrs :shrug:, I think perhaps put him back on regular aptimil milk and see how he goes...anyone got any advise or going through the same thing? I feel so bad for him when he's crying :( can you buy soy milk or is it prescribed?

Got so much stuff to sort out :( OH and I worked at the same place n we've both been made redundant as whole company has shut down. So...we need to sort out the gov paying my maternity, JSA money, child benefit, child tax, Council tax bill & housing benefit. Then I need to reg Charlie & myself at new doctors, n rearrange HV visit, :dohh: so much stress! Anyone know if child tax n benefit can be applied for online?

Hey good to hear from you, nice that you and Oh went for dinner have yous sorted things out? Aw poor charlie hope he settles for you soon im sure its not nice seeing him upset. An thats pretty shit about your jobs, you have to ring for the forms for child tax , make sure have enough money in your mob cause they put you on hold for bloody ages, it took mine 3 week to process :wacko:

yes the socks r from tesco!

child benefit u should have got a form in the bounty pack u got given in hospital, if not u can print a form off online and tax credits yes u do need to ring them for a form. you need to have charlies birth registered before u can apply for either of them and they will back date up to 3 months, if u leave it later than this to apply u will lose out on money.
Also i'd have a look at the surestart maternity grant as u may b eligible for that now as well and u can apply for that upto 3 months after babys birth (i think!)

Thanks girls, I'll get OH to print one off if I can't find the one in the bounty :thumbup: I'll have to try n get the tax credit form at my mums on wednesday (use her house phone :haha: Defo will look into the maternity grant, thanks, thatd be great to get :thumbup:

Well my OH was all sorrys like expected and promised it wont happen again. Ive told him this is his last chance, if it happens again we're finished and he can bugger off out of my house. He has been creeping a bit, making brews, tidying up etc but thats only because I didnt speak to him for 3 hours once I got in, just give Lyra to him and went to have a nice long bath.

Lyra slept for almost 8 hours last night! :shock: :dance: xxx

AWWW Lozzy she looks SO tiny and gorgeous :cloud9: bless her little heart!

Hard to believe at some point they'll outgrow a cot O.O

Sam as the girls have said you have to ring up then they send you the forms. It's all a nightmare. I've still to sort out working tax credits, child tax credits (if they arent the same thing) housing benefit and then I'll be applicable for the SureStart Grant. I can still get that now? Even though he's 6 weeks old...Right?
It'll get there, just one step at a time and it'll get sorted out and backdated etc. Was it a shock that the company suddenly shut down or had you guys been expecting it? Must be horrid either way :hugs:

Congratulations on your 8 hour night Pixxie - just, WOW.

Has anyone elses OH failed miserably at Valentines day? I got a mumbled 'Happy valentines day' when Lyra woke at 4.45 but thats it, no card, no flowers, no choccies, nothing :cry: Just a card would have been nice but no, I dont even deserve that it would seem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->