December Dreamers 2010 mummies-keep in touch

Hello to all

Sorry not been around much but both little ones have been really poorly recently. Thankfully they are both better now.

Will try and have a catch up and find out what ive missed but hope everyone is well.

James is a little chubby boy now. He weighed 12lb 10ozs at 9 weeks. He ha a small hernia and a blocked tear duct both of which im told should resolve themselves by 1yr old. Now just got to get him to sleep through the night. whatever i do, he inisists on waking up to have a 15 min feed at 3am. Even if he only fed an hour or so before. Im sure its just a habit now and trying to think of ways to break it. Other than that his sleeping is so much better than it was.

Hows everyone else and little ones doing?

Oh and my OH didnt fail at valentines that was me. We agreed not to get anything this year, so i didnt but he did. So i felt guilty and took him out for a nice cooked breakfast instead :dohh:

No, i failed.

I woke to a home made card and some soap and glory smellies. I havent had chance to get him a card yet let alone make one.

We said we wernt going to do presents this year :dohh:

I did get a card, roses, choccies and a bambi dvd :blush:
Sorry your OH is such a cock Pixxie :hugs:
xx

He should be getting a clip round the ear not a card today, sigh.

He says he's going to buy me one later and doesn't see the problem in that! :growlmad: He said he didnt have to money to get me one but got all arsey when I pointed out hes had the money to spend the whole weekend pissed... dont know why I bother tbh

Was he like this before you had Lyra Pixxie?
Just wondering why he is being so horrid :(
I feel really bad for you...wish i could give him a slap :rofl:

Well he was the same but we would spend the weekend in the pub together, I thought once I couldn't do that he might change to accommodate me but it seems I was wrong. He used to get me a Valentines card in time though so I don't know whats going on there. Maybe I shouldn't have expected him to change? He did say he would though :wacko:

Oh well it's last chance saloon anyway, one more selfish thing and were finished. xx

:( :hugs:
He probably just need the kick up the arse that you leaving will give him...even though it really shouldn't come to that!
I think sometimes people don't know what they have until its gone unfortunately x

OMG Pixxie not even a card?? I got a card but thats it tbh I cant be arsed with it this year lol he's only interested in playng football manager half the time!

Sam - i used the form in my bounty pack but it only took a week to process and send back Ava's birth certificate and I had a 5 week backdated payout in my account within 3 days of receiving her birth certificate :thumbup:

so sorry about charlie! poor little fella. I think you should take him to the docs for sure. Write down all his symptoms - I often forget stuff if I'm tired so helps to make a list. You can buy SMA Infasoy from larger supermarkets but best to get a doc to confirm it first.

Ava has been back on aptamil first for the past 2 weeks now and she still gets crying episodes cos of bellyache but thats it, I use colief in her bottles and give her gripe water when she has a partcularly bad episode. We just have to ride it out, sometimes its so bad I have to swaddle her, swing her side t side and hold her dummy in her mouth and then it passes xx

Well he was the same but we would spend the weekend in the pub together, I thought once I couldn't do that he might change to accommodate me but it seems I was wrong. He used to get me a Valentines card in time though so I don't know whats going on there. Maybe I shouldn't have expected him to change? He did say he would though :wacko:

Oh well it's last chance saloon anyway, one more selfish thing and were finished. xx

My OH is acting like nothing has changed he comes in switches his Playstation on, or plays golf or gets himself in the shower feeds himself etc...pisses me off that nothing has changed for him.

He strops around when I say anything to him, throws things like a big kid I've nearly walked out several times! Yesterday i was so pissed off I got Ava ready and went out for 6 hours told him to sort himself out etc xxx

I need to sort out trying to claim child tax credits only thing is they go on last years earning so means I wont get more than about £20 a month but I wont be earning that this year and I need what I'm entitled to this year while I'm on maternity leave and hardly getting anything coming in and Mark earns about £10k a year less than me :( stupid how they work it out!

i think once u've applied for it you can then contact them and ask them to recalculate based on yr current earnings.

And I've not had anything for valentines either but then I did make a point of making a big thing about how I don't need a day on a calendar to tell DH I love him cause I do that every day anyway!
My valentines day has consisted of school run, baby massage and a smear test!! Lovely!

oh thanks Anouska I'll have to do that, gonna call for a claim pack today!

what size teats are all your LO's on?

I kept Ava on number 1's and she's picked back up to 3-4oz every 3-4 hours is it ok to keep her on the til she shows signs of being ready for the next teat size? what are the signs?

Ness - what's coleif like? I think I'm gonna finish this box of comfort, then go back to normal Aptimil and see how he is for a couple of weeks. How is Ava sleeping now she's back on the normal aptimil? Does she stay fuller for longer? Charlies just guzzling anywhere between 3-5 every 1.5 hours - think he got the 6 week growth spurt a bit early kus he's been like it for a week or so now. He managed 1am to 7:30 last night which I'm sooooo happy about! He's starting to smile now :cloud9: he's been a bag of smiles all day, gave me loads in a row earlier when I smile :cloud9:

Freddie was making the teat cave in he is sucking so hard today...i think i need to go up a teat size?
:shrug:

I just moved Niamh to the veriflow teats, wish i had changed sooner. She gets a lot less wind and takes her half the time to have her bottle.

I've had Ailsa on variflow teats for about a month now and think I'm just gonna stick with them - tbh I think she'll be wanting to start weaning from around 4 months, considering she was pretty small when she was born shes a right chunk now - went to baby massage this morning and she looked massive compared to the other babies there and most of them were older or similar age to her!

Sam - I think the colief definiitey helps as she has less belly aches - it breaks down the lactose in the milk making it easier to diges - basically makes it like comfort milk but without having to change the milk but its £11 a bottle you can get it on prescription though so I'm gonna get sme when she has her jabs and check etc.

i dont know whether to change ava back to the number 2's cos she's hungry all the time but not quite finising off 4oz with the number 1 teats??

Iv been so lucky with OH. Considering she wasent planned and he dident want kids for years hes been fantastic. He comes in from work and takes her straight off me for cuddles. He will do the night feeds during the week even though hes at work if im shatterd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->