*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I'm having a hard time choosing god parents so I'm glad I have time to do so.

Blu Butterfly can't wait to hear how your scan goes! Wait until you see how big baby has gotten and all the wiggling he or she will be doing! I have very few symptoms as well but at this point I have to say maybe I just got lucky because baby seems healthy!

ive told everyone already lol.. the way i look at it is everyone i tell will b there to support me if anything bad hapened. i told right away with my daugher too... plus all my best friends r preggo. one due july 28th w/ #2,one due sept 28th w/ #2, one due oct 28th w/ #2(which sept and oct r sisters lol) than two due in nov, one nov 16th w/ #1(my cousin), one Nov 23rd w/ #3, and than me dec 28th lol so i just couldnt keep my mouth shut lol!!

We have already had our first scan and heard the heartbeat. I wont have another appointment until 15 weeks, and there is no way I am waiting that long. So whats the point of waiting until 11-12 weeks anyways. That isn't a magic number for me, since I am not waiting on a 12 week scan. Hmmm......

9 weeks tomorrow!!! :)

Hi everyone, had my first midwife appointment today and my scan is booked for next Friday. Can't believe it is finally here. Officially, I'll be 12+2 then but actually it will be more like 11+1. (I tried to tell her about my long cycles and late ovulation but she was having none of it and out came the wheel!). I think we'll 'go public' then because to be honest, it's getting pretty obvious now. Oddly, I am actually quite nervous about telling people, even though I have been waiting to do it for weeks..... Not sure what that is all about. My symptoms are still here, although I have kind of got used to them now. Still wearing the trusty sea-sick bands at night!

Just starting to think about buying some maternity clothes now. What should be my bump essentials?

Honey.bee, aren't those doctors annoying with their wheel!?! I keep telling everyone I talk to that i have long cycles, and was temping, and I am NOT as far along as they think I am, but no one listens. So frustrating! I have my first in office apt with my regular OB/GYN on Tuesday so it will be fun arguing with her as well.

I look forward to hearing the bump essentials too. I've been using a rubber band to help expand my pants so i can get more use out of them, and I bought some shirts that were a size bigger than normal so i have a little room to grow without looking pregnant yet.

Hahaha Honey.Bee, that dreaded wheel :rofl: luckily my MW paid attention to my telling her I have long cycles, thankfully it was all in my notes anyway as I was about to be referred to a FS! Yay for your scan though :yipee: mine's Tuesday and I am sooo excited!

I think it's a personal choice whenever you want to share your happy news :) we pretty much had told everyone with DD when I was around 4-5 weeks! This time we were more cautious as I'd looked in to MC rates and with possible PCOS I knew it was best to wait until we'd seen a heartbeat at least (but have chosen to wait until our scan at 12+1). After you hit 8 weeks the chances of you miscarrying are reduced to just 3% so we are all plain sailing from here on out x

<<< waiting to hear the bump essentials

Hehe. I went to Target the other day and bought some "maternity" shirts ($7 each, what a steal) that are actually just more stretchy then normal. I'm also going to look into yoga pants becaue you can wear those before, during and after bubs too. I swear I could live in black stretchy pants and tee shirts. Just look for stuff that will make you comfortable, and is cheap! Do you need a work wardrobe also?

<<< waiting to hear the bump essentials

I didn't actually buy any maternity clothes with DD, I just went up a size or 2 and then they still fitted nicely without looking ridiculous after birth.

I've bought some stuff this time as I'm expecting to be bigger second time round. I think essentials are bump bands (not necessarily essential, but you can wear your normal trousers for a while with them, or wear them with baggy vests to still cover your bump) & nursing bras mainly. I guess it depends what seasons you're pregnant through too. I'll probably get more maternity stuff the further along I get, and that heads in to Autumn and Winter here in the UK x

Had my first scan yesterday, girls, was amazing!

Here's my little pudding:

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/7d77dc25.jpg

Ha ha, yes the wheel is out in force! I just decided to go with her completely inaccurate dating method because it meant that I got my scan a bit quicker. Can't wait to see my baby!

I also nearly had an argument with the MW about diet. Her advice to me was to stock up on sweets and fizzy drinks and to have them every couple of hours, especially last thing at night and in the night if I wake up. WTF? I explained that I have been having 6 intakes throughout the day but that I have aimed for more slow release sources of energy and she told me to stop being so dentally OCD! Seriously though, how is it healthy for you or baby? It's certainly a nightmare for your teeth....

Yes, I need a smart work wardrobe too. Usually, I wear lots of fitted dresses but I can only get in to one now! I bought a dress from eBay which is gorgeous - soft jersey with wrapping bits that accentuate my bump. Can't wait to wear it as soon as the secret it out. It's difficult I guess because at work there is an expectation of how I should be dressed so I think I will need to buy a few key essentials. At home though, it will be PJ's all the way :rofl:

Have a great weekend everyone x

Yay! Another scan! Congrats ocean_pearl! I am LOVING all the snowflake scans! :hugs:

hey ladies, your scans look fabulous!!!! so pleased for you all.

weird thing is my symptoms have just disappeared. i guess i should be happy, because i actually have my appetite back, but still feel so apprehensive because of MMC last time.

when i had my midwife appointment a couple of days ago, i walked past the ultrasound room, and was so tempted to sneak in and perform a self-scan! how mad do i sound! hehe!

just sooooooooooooooooooooo anxious bout getting to my 12 week scan. i dd have a scan at 8 weeks, and all looked fine - sure thats a good thing.

cant wait to (hopefully) have good news at 12 week scan, so i can join you ladies on your smiley journeys!!!:happydance:

got my scan date yesterday - dont have any appointment until June 26th! No mw, no gp, no nothing. Have to say feeling quite down at the mo which is unusual for me - didnt have this with other 2 pg's. I think its cos of the constant sickness and exhaustion, cannot wait for first tri to be over. Am already showing at 8 wks - have strong suspicions there is more than one in there, which to be completely honest is setting me into a panic too (already have 4 and 2 yr old) :(

sorry, i know the above post makes me sound v ungrateful - i am delighted to be pg, its just the way i'm feeling at the mo

:hugs: Buster it's ok to feel a little down, but it will pass quickly. You'll be in 2nd tri soon and June will be here before you know it. :hugs:

Afm, less than 200 days! And scan in 9 days! :)

12+2 scan pic.. ive turned it upside down easier to see

Attachments

• scan2.jpg
    scan2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member