*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

hi ladies i had my scan today all is well ill put my pic up once i can get onto my laptop! Ive been put forward to the 28th of November i am twelve plus two but want to stay on this thread:) Iam now high risk pregnancy as my second baby was only five pound six so i have to have another two scans.

Awww yay for getting put forward :yipee: glad you're staying with us though!

Can't wait to see your scan pic! I'll be 12+1 at my scan on Tuesday so will be interesting to see what my bubs will look like by then :)

I'm high risk too because of a previous low birth weight :hugs: x

i had no idea till i got to the hospital was really scared because i didnt know why id been changed do you get a late scan as well? plus side will defo find out the sex this time... i had step b in last pregnancy as well he said they wont test me just putting me on the antibiotics in labour :cry:

Beautiful scans ocean_pearl and mummyof2girlz :) eeeek I'm getting ever more excited for mine now :yipee:

Buster you don't sound ungrateful at all :hugs: all these feelings and emotions are perfectly normal. You are probably showing a lot earlier as this is your 3rd pregnancy/baby so that's normal too :flower:

i had no idea till i got to the hospital was really scared because i didnt know why id been changed do you get a late scan as well? plus side will defo find out the sex this time... i had step b in last pregnancy as well he said they wont test me just putting me on the antibiotics in labour :cry:

I'll probably get some late growth scans but tbh I don't trust them as I had 3 with DD and they all said she was going to be a big baby :shock: 9lb+!! How wrong were they! She came out at 5.5lbs @ 38 weeks.

Don't be sad, it's all for the baby so it's worth it in the end. Strep B is quite common too so you're not alone :hugs:

Beautiful scans ocean_pearl and mummyof2girlz :) eeeek I'm getting ever more excited for mine now :yipee:

Buster you don't sound ungrateful at all :hugs: all these feelings and emotions are perfectly normal. You are probably showing a lot earlier as this is your 3rd pregnancy/baby so that's normal too :flower:

I'll probably get some late growth scans but tbh I don't trust them as I had 3 with DD and they all said she was going to be a big baby :shock: 9lb+!! How wrong were they! She came out at 5.5lbs @ 38 weeks.

Don't be sad, it's all for the baby so it's worth it in the end. Strep B is quite common too so you're not alone :hugs:

mine was the same birth weight but never had an additional scan with her they told me when i was in labour she was going to be small first i knew of it... i get a scan at 32 weeks think thats it... my husband was asking the sonographer the sex at this scan... :blush:

yeah i just remember how uncomfortable it was in labour with a great big needle in my arm i like to walk a lot in labour and wonder around the hospital speeds things up a bit. i might moan to mw about it and get her to swab me if i dont have it chances are i might not this time then they can sod off with there giant needle... also just had my smear appointment through not sure if i should have it or not had abnormal cells last year had to have a biopsy dont know what to do :shrug:

got my scan date yesterday - dont have any appointment until June 26th! No mw, no gp, no nothing. Have to say feeling quite down at the mo which is unusual for me - didnt have this with other 2 pg's. I think its cos of the constant sickness and exhaustion, cannot wait for first tri to be over. Am already showing at 8 wks - have strong suspicions there is more than one in there, which to be completely honest is setting me into a panic too (already have 4 and 2 yr old) :(

Don't worry, Buster. I didn't have my midwife appointment until they thought I was 11 +2 and then there was a blind panic to organise my scan a week later! I know it seems like ages when you are waiting but it will come :hugs: I felt my worst at around 7 weeks but the symptoms are settling now and I'm sure yours will too. Hang on in there x

mummyof2girlz - yeh ask to be rechecked because if theres a chance you don't have to have the needle in your arm :)sick: lol!) then I'd do the exact same too.

We didn't know she'd be small either, until she plopped out :rofl: they told me all along she was a big baby and I was so scared of pushing this 9lber out!

We shouldn't be having smears whilst pregnant in the UK, it's not done routinely anyway, they will ask when you last had one done and then tell you to wait 3 months after giving birth until you have your next one. They continue to do them even during pregnancy in the US though, strange how policy differs! I'd give your GP a ring and just tell them your preggers and rebook after bubs is here x

mummyof2girlz - yeh ask to be rechecked because if theres a chance you don't have to have the needle in your arm :)sick: lol!) then I'd do the exact same too.

We didn't know she'd be small either, until she plopped out :rofl: they told me all along she was a big baby and I was so scared of pushing this 9lber out!

We shouldn't be having smears whilst pregnant in the UK, it's not done routinely anyway, they will ask when you last had one done and then tell you to wait 3 months after giving birth until you have your next one. They continue to do them even during pregnancy in the US though, strange how policy differs! I'd give your GP a ring and just tell them your preggers and rebook after bubs is here x

lol i bet i wouldnt fancy pushing a 9lb out either my first was 7lb 10 and god felt like a bus :blush: to say my tiny second was out in 2 pushes :rofl: and no stitches saying that my friend had a 10lb 4 no pain relief no stitches!!! id like a nice 6lb this time lol my mum keeps telling me your third baby comes fast i really hope so i found that with my second tho i went for a wander and started pushing in the lift.... They said they would do i smear if i wanted one in pregnancy but chances are i would get an abnormal result as you have cell changes in pregnancy anyway.. will have to speak to them and see what they think is best.

You guys are talking pap smears right? Lol if so we get one at our 12 week appt. it's the routine here.
Oh ya! I got my scan date! A little less than two months away! At least if the time keeps going by as quickly as it has been so far it'll come quick!!

Yeh juless, cervical smears :thumbup: it's strange isn't it how it differs from country to country on how they do stuff!?

yeah juless i have just received my appointment as i have to have them 6 monthly but this test is for hpv as well as abnormal cells but over here they say that if your pregnant you have a high chance of abnormal cells

I have a pap smear at my 12 week appt as well only bc I haven't had one since before I was pregnant last time. Not looking forward to it but it is what it is.

My Dr's are expecting another big baby for me this time. My son was 9 pounds 10 ounces and built like a cement truck, and he was early. I didn't have pain meds and I did tear really bad as he was humungous! He got stuck really bad as well so they are thinking if at my 36 week scan if this bubs looks big again, which they think it will, I will be delivering via c-section at or before 38 weeks. I wish that I wasn't high risk but I will do what I have to do to get this bubs here, healthy and screaming! :)

3 months today!!!!!

I have not had a smear since last year and I don't foresee one until after the baby was born. I was on an every other year rotation for it anyway.

So much fluctuation in baby size between what ultrasounds say and what we may actually have. I was about 8 pounds and my hubs oldest was just over 8 so I am hoping to continue the trend.

My DH has a big head and was over 10lbs. Please let this baby take after me.

Loving the scan pictures ladies. Congrats.

If this baby looks big, I'm opting for the c-section. It was so scary after I had Rose when I realized with how big she was she could have gotten stuck or something could have happened.

Oh I haven't been thinking about size! DH was just over 8lbs and I was nearly 7lb. I'd be happy with something in between. Dh does have a bit of a big head....:dohh: I'll probably be getting an epidural because I am a chicken anyways:haha:

I had my last ultrasound the day before my son was born and they told me he would be about 7lbs. He came out 8lbs 9oz. I didn't have an opportunity to have him naturally because he was breech. They told me they didn't have enough room to turn him. So they said my best bet would be to have this one c-section as well.

I finally found my doppler and after a looong search I found the heartbeat!! Nice and fast and strong!! I feel like a HUGE weight is off my shoulders and I can start getting excited now! I had this nagging worry of "What is it's a MMC or something??" Now I know little one is growing in there! :)

:thumbup: juless! I love my doppler :)

My MS is starting to subside a bit (thank god) but I still have no appetite. I've lost 10 pounds in the last month. I know it will come back but am I ever going to be hungry again?

thanks for all the support today ladies! Feeling a little better this eve tg.

My last bubs i was told he would be smaller than my first (8lbs9) 2 days before i delivered, he ended up being 10lbs3! They were sure that i had a lot of fluid and that was why i was so big - not the case, i think its all a bit of a guessing game with them

Hi Girls,

I spent morning catching up on all your posts, from phones down toilets to smears and baby sizes! Love it! My first baby was 10 pounds and my sizing scan at 38 weeks was dead right even though I was hoping it not to be the case. My second I was told by ob was about 8, she ended up being 9 pounds 10 and that was 10 days early by c section. How's this my grandfather was 13 pounds!!! And my great grandmother also had twins before my grandfather that were 8 pounds each!! That's like 16 pounds, and she was apparently only 5 foot 5, so little and c sections were not performed back then so lucky everything went ok.

We have been tossing around names this weekend, so much fun thinking about them. Will be easier once we know the sex and can rule out 50 %.

Good site if anyone interested

https://nameberry.com/

Anyway girls stay safe and rest up! 12 week scans roll on!! X

Forgot to say big babies are awesome! They are easier to look after, dress and seem stronger. What ever the size as long as they are healthy and happy that's all that matters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->