*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Yay, green olive today and officially a fetus!

Got my booking appt on fri and 12w scan on June 14th, doesn't seem that far away! X

Yay!! I am a green olive- or should I say baby is. :happydance: Love seeing progress!!

We have 3 boys already, so I am ready to pick out a girl name. If it is a girl, I want the most girly name I can think of. Something like....princess sophia....ha! Totally kidding of course! (Kind of). :winkwink:

We recently got a little kitten, that happens to be a girl. My husband really wanted to name her Maddox. She is a she, even though Maddox is clearly more of a boy name. My hidden agenda only agreed so it will be my "turn" to name, when it comes to the baby. He of course does not know this yet..... :haha:

Anyone else notice their OHs to be very picky with girl names? We picked our boys names very quickly, and likes all the same names. Seemed to really have the same "style". But, I feel like every girl name I throw out there he does not like. He has even said a few of my names sounds like STRIPPER names! Really?!?! :dohh:

YES!! My OH is a pain in the backside for this :haha: with DD, before we knew her sex, we had agreed he could choose the boy's name and I'd choose the girl's, as long as neither of us absolutely hated the names. I liked his choice, although wouldn't of been my first choice but I was happy to call our first born son it as it meant something to OH. I chose the girl's name and he said he wasn't a fan but was happy with it etc etc, anyway as soon as we find out she was a girl he suddenly changed his tune :rofl: turned out quite well because we then both chose a name together and we love it and it really suits her... BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT :brat: haha :rofl: This time we've chosen our names but the boy name was more definitely his choice than mine where as the girl's is one we mutually agree on but again isn't my first choice :dohh: I do love it though and it's grown on me. Just hope 'she' suits it, if not (and she is a girl!) I'll be going back to those names I liked!

Yay, green olive today and officially a fetus!

Got my booking appt on fri and 12w scan on June 14th, doesn't seem that far away! X

It really isn't that far at all! I go on holiday on the 16th June so hearing your scan is just a couple of days before is making me really excited at how close I'll be to sunbathing on a lovely hot beach!

AFM - Girls, I have the most worst stomach bug ever :( I have been up all night on the toilet and I'm in so much pain. My stomach feels like it's in knots and being torn out of me :nope: I'm pretty sure there's nothing left in there to come out, but my body obviously thinks otherwise! I was thinking of going to the doctors but had a look on google and doesn't seem there's much they could do. I just have to rest and keep downing lots of fluids. If I become dehydrated that'll be another matter, but I'm going to try my best not to let that happen.

I'm FINALLY 12 weeks :yipee: what a way to see it in! And it's my scan tomorrow too :wohoo: baby is now a PLUM!

Ttc_lolly where are you off to? I still haven't booked anything, prob will after scan! Is it ok to sunbathe? I'll be so damn pale otherwise!

Congrats on 12 weeks!! Can't wait to see scan pics! X

We are off to San Antonio Bay in Ibiza, so excited :yipee: I read that it's fine however our skin may be more sensitive in the sun so I'm going to up my sun factor! I'll stay out of the sun anyway whilst it's at it's hottest as I'll have DD and don't want her in that heat for too long. I definitely need a bit of sun though, all this grey skies and rain is depressing!

We are off to San Antonio Bay in Ibiza, so excited :yipee: I read that it's fine however our skin may be more sensitive in the sun so I'm going to up my sun factor! I'll stay out of the sun anyway whilst it's at it's hottest as I'll have DD and don't want her in that heat for too long. I definitely need a bit of sun though, all this grey skies and rain is depressing!

Ah beautiful! It's probably good for vit d! Yes it's so depressing here, I cannot wait for a nice sunny holiday, just can't decide where. Don't want somewhere really far as a long flight would just be so uncomfortable. It's perfect we'll all be in our 2nd tris for summer! :happydance:

Hello :) just checking in .. I havnt been here for ages, I get frightened reading about everyones symptoms that maybe I'm not pregnant, silly me! We had a scan today and I feel more positive now so hopefully I will be around more! I thought I was 10+0 but the scan dated me as 11+3 so I have missed prune week, I hate prunes so that's good! I'm loving all the lovely scan pics on here :) the 3d one is so detailed!

I had my blood taken today as my family has a history of blood clotting, I threw up whilst he was taking my blood poor guy! It was the fist time ms actually made me sick, now I feel v-pregnant!

Ah beautiful! It's probably good for vit d! Yes it's so depressing here, I cannot wait for a nice sunny holiday, just can't decide where. Don't want somewhere really far as a long flight would just be so uncomfortable. It's perfect we'll all be in our 2nd tris for summer! :happydance:

Yeh probably and I definitely could do with some vit D! Feels like an age since we last had a bit of sun here. We picked Ibiza for that exact reason, it's only 2hrs on the plane so it's perfect. We went to Majorca last year and it's the same there too :)

I'm definitely looking forward to not over heating too much this summer! It was awful with DD but shouldn't be too bad this time round. How you ladies in hot parts of the world do it I just don't know!

Hello :) just checking in .. I havnt been here for ages, I get frightened reading about everyones symptoms that maybe I'm not pregnant, silly me! We had a scan today and I feel more positive now so hopefully I will be around more! I thought I was 10+0 but the scan dated me as 11+3 so I have missed prune week, I hate prunes so that's good! I'm loving all the lovely scan pics on here :) the 3d one is so detailed!

I had my blood taken today as my family has a history of blood clotting, I threw up whilst he was taking my blood poor guy! It was the fist time ms actually made me sick, now I feel v-pregnant!

Hey lovie :hi: glad to see you back over here! I keep meaning to pop over to your journal but the link isn't right in your signature and it's always too much effort on my behalf to do a search :rofl: lazy!

That's fab you were put forward a whole 10 days :yipee: whats your EDD now and I'll update on the list :)

They didn't give me a new one.. I think they do that at the 18 week scan (funny Sweden!) I need to redo my link must do it tonight, nothing much is happening in my journal so you are not missing much:haha:

I have another scan on Thursday my kub scan (not sure if that is the name...) maybe they will give me a more accurate date then :)

wow!!!! 12 week scans just round the corner!!! yay!

cant get over how much different my symptoms are - other than tingly nips, completely gone!!!

so jealous of you guys talking about holidays! i asked my mw if OK to fly, and she said that there is a slightly heightened risk with pregnant women, but only slight, and not to fly if i was at all anxious!!! so she kind of put me off a bit. dam!! i don't know if i can cope with UK weather as a holiday!!! xx

Flying is fine until the final stages of pregnancy, that's why you usually need a letter from your doctor giving you permission to fly! Some airlines just won't allow pregnant women to fly over 32 weeks either, so holidaying in 2nd Tri is perfect!

Gahhhh I'm so ill :( I don't think I've ever had a stomach virus, not as an adult anyway :nope: won't be wanting one again ever either!

hi been away from the thread for a while- tried to catch up with the last couple of pages.
been struggling with bad ms especially with long hours at work and on my days off looking after ds. Luckily my mum is moving very close by in the next couple of weeks (at the moment lives a plane ride away!!) so that will hopefully make life a lot easier as she's offered to give me a hand especially since she's missed ds so much being far away.

talking about holidays we're off to spain at the end of the week and def looking forward to some sun!!! think you are just at increased risk of blood clots on flights but as long as you have no other risk factors and move around lots don't think of it as an issue. plus extra sun=extra vit d which always a good thing if the new research is to go by!

With going away my 12 week scan will nearly be at 13 weeks so we've decided to have private scan just before we go away to make sure all is ok.

We've been thinking about names too- like sofia for a girl and leo for a boy but dh had vetoed leo :(. shame as can't think of any others I like!

Flying is fine until the final stages of pregnancy, that's why you usually need a letter from your doctor giving you permission to fly! Some airlines just won't allow pregnant women to fly over 32 weeks either, so holidaying in 2nd Tri is perfect!

Gahhhh I'm so ill :( I don't think I've ever had a stomach virus, not as an adult anyway :nope: won't be wanting one again ever either!

I had a stomach bug last week, it was awful, hope you feel better soon.:hugs:

I got sunburnt badly yesterday, was just sitting in my parents garden, no longer than an hour reading my book. Got serious panda eyes, cannot leave flat today it's so bad! I totally forgot about the sensitive skin when pregnant, I burn usually but nowhere near this bad! What's worse I did it in Scottish sun:haha: my OH thinks I look hilarious, which I do too:haha:

oooops with the sunburn! I have to be careful as I'm very fair skinned - couldn't resist going for a walk in the sunshine this morning though, it was rude not to!

I'm starting to feel better - less retching, still a little tired, and certainly had less energy than normal on my walk this morning, but feeling ok other than that. No sore boobs yet.. still leaking a lot though (sorry TMI!)

I'm hoping it's all normal... 8+3 today.

Have lovely afternoon's ladies! x

Hey been away from this thread for a while. so many more people have joined!

Just when i start thinking MS has eased I start to feel bad again. :S

I have reserved our pram this weekend as we attending the baby show in Birmingham. Totally changed my mind about everything once I had seen the quinny buzz. Really happy with the choice though bank balance isnt so happy lol. Thank god for mothercares baby plan!!!

My trousers are starting to become a bit snug now, so ill be hitting the maternity section as soon as my assignments are in next week. For now ill survive. :)

How is everyone else feeling?

I also have my scan on thursday so super excited about that. If anyone hasnt invested in a doppler yet- do it! amazing and so much cheaper than getting private scans at this point in pregnancy :)

I'm certainly enjoying the lack of symptoms. Although yesterday I was overly tired. And I am still getting a touch of nausea in the evenings after I brush my teeth before bed. My nails are growing quickly now but what I can't wait for is my hair to thicken up! I hope it happens for me!

All this talk about vacationing make me want one:wacko:. I don't think we will be taking one, however. I'm saving money for all of the baby things I'll need. I know I'll have a baby shower and get a lot of things but I wouldn't register for anything expensive.

9 days until my next scan and 10 days until I'm 13 weeks!:happydance:

Hope you ladies are doing well!

Going for my 12 week check-in with my midwife tonight. Hoping to hear the heartbeat!

The best investment I have made so far is the doppler- hearing my LO's hb whenever i want :)

I can not believe were all going to be entering the 2nd trimester in the next few weeks. Madness! I can then start to announce it on facebook. Though i think i should probably tell my employers before it goes viral- even if i dont have anyone i work with on there.

Hey snowflakes :flower:

Good to hear everyone is doing so well.

ImSoTired - you can tell we are at the exact same spot because our symptoms are silimiar. I tried to sleep the whole day away yesterday. I have to go to the nail shop more often now because my nails are growing too fast. I was just thinking how awesome it will be when my hair starts to grow as well. I had it cut very short and have been dying to grow it back out.

Anywho - scan is this friday :happydance: and I'm counting down the days until we are out of the first trimester! Whoohoo!!

Hey snowflakes :flower:

Good to hear everyone is doing so well.

ImSoTired - you can tell we are at the exact same spot because our symptoms are silimiar. I tried to sleep the whole day away yesterday. I have to go to the nail shop more often now because my nails are growing too fast. I was just thinking how awesome it will be when my hair starts to grow as well. I had it cut very short and have been dying to grow it back out.

Anywho - scan is this friday :happydance: and I'm counting down the days until we are out of the first trimester! Whoohoo!!

I had hair loss after stopping BC so I would love for my hair to get nice and thick again before I lose more after the birth of the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->