*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Hey ladies!!!

I had my 2nd scan today &i got to see bubbub squirmin!!!! So inI love!!!! Heart rate was 176....&i just did the baking soda test & it fizzed lol :)

Congrats to everyone now in their 2nd trimester!!! Yayyy!!!

Xox

Hey ladies!!!

I had my 2nd scan today &i got to see bubbub squirmin!!!! So inI love!!!! Heart rate was 176....&i just did the baking soda test & it fizzed lol :)

Congrats to everyone now in their 2nd trimester!!! Yayyy!!!

Xox

Ohhh yay that's the best! I'm waiting at my OBs office right now, hope I get to see the LO again, though I just saw him/her on Monday ;)

Blu - I go by the method of splitting the 40 weeks into 3 sections, so WAS going to move over at 13+3 but I'm over first tri now :haha:

Ahhh I have no baking soda :( I'll buy some when I do my next food shop and try it!

i would like to join too, i am due Dec 11th :)

Welcome and congrats hun :) will add you to our list x

I doubt I'll be able to wait until 13+3.. 12 weeks and I'm calling it. First tri has been a handful, ready to be in the 2nd ;)

Of course i just had to have the most awful thing happen today. So I got new tires on my car, had 2 of the old ones in the back of my suv. I turned into a shop parking lot (was driving through it to get to a side street, not stopping there). When I turned the tires rolled to the side and banged the side of my car, it was loud. I waited for a while to turn onto the other street and went home. Then I get a call from a cop that I hit a biker with my car!! I guess when I turned in a guy was biking down the sidewalk (which is illegal) and hit the side of my car. He told the cops there must be damage to my car - just checked, not even a scratch! In the time I was sitting waiting to turn in the lot not one person came up to my car to let me know! I didn't see him cause he was most likely in my blind spot cause he was on the sidewalk. I would never have not stopped if I knew! When the cop called I was so shocked and I think she believed me, that I honestly didn't know. I pray she did as otherwise there could be a fine or a charge or something! She said she'd "Call if they need to speak with me more" but that she's not sure if it's going to go further as the man wasn't injured and I appear to not have known it happened. I'm still terrified though.. If I don't hear anything tonight I'll be relieved, but I'll still be scared for the next month I'll suddenly get a call! It just makes no sense to me how I don't even have a scratch on my car....

Of course i just had to have the most awful thing happen today. So I got new tires on my car, had 2 of the old ones in the back of my suv. I turned into a shop parking lot (was driving through it to get to a side street, not stopping there). When I turned the tires rolled to the side and banged the side of my car, it was loud. I waited for a while to turn onto the other street and went home. Then I get a call from a cop that I hit a biker with my car!! I guess when I turned in a guy was biking down the sidewalk (which is illegal) and hit the side of my car. He told the cops there must be damage to my car - just checked, not even a scratch! In the time I was sitting waiting to turn in the lot not one person came up to my car to let me know! I didn't see him cause he was most likely in my blind spot cause he was on the sidewalk. I would never have not stopped if I knew! When the cop called I was so shocked and I think she believed me, that I honestly didn't know. I pray she did as otherwise there could be a fine or a charge or something! She said she'd "Call if they need to speak with me more" but that she's not sure if it's going to go further as the man wasn't injured and I appear to not have known it happened. I'm still terrified though.. If I don't hear anything tonight I'll be relieved, but I'll still be scared for the next month I'll suddenly get a call! It just makes no sense to me how I don't even have a scratch on my car....

Omg Jules I hope your ok? These things happen, like you say it was his fault for being on the pavement! :hugs: I know you must be shaken from this, he probably wasn't properly hit else like you said someone would have pointed it out to you! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thanks Baby Bell, it's just all really strange! Why don't I have even a mark on my car? I'm wondering if I cut him off as he was biking and he got mad and took my liscence or something to report it... I'm just counting down the hours till late tonight, hoping not to get a phone call!! Trying to stay relaxed, better for baby that way. And if they do make me go in I'll claim baby brain!!

Oh juless what a day :hugs: hope you're ok? Stupid man, what was he doing on the pavement anyway! He hit your car, not the other way round, SUE HIM :lol:

Oh juless what a day :hugs: hope you're ok? Stupid man, what was he doing on the pavement anyway! He hit your car, not the other way round, SUE HIM :lol:

Haha! I agree, sue him!! At least say you are talking with a lawyer about him hitting you. See what happens! That type of thing is always on the news!!! :haha::haha::haha::haha:

It fizzed like crazy! I hope that it is right and it is a boy! I find out officially July 25th! I guess we will just have to wait and see!

Thats so funny that yours fizzed and mine didn't! I'm concidering doing another gender test like the cabbage one to check lol. It's just for fun obviously but I'd be surprised to see if it were correct.

SO bizarre! My DH was asking why does it fizz for some people and not for others! :shrug: I am not a chemist I told him...lol

You should have told him because some people have baby girls and some baby boys :lol: ha!

I highly recommend the red cabbage test, it's so much fun!

what is the cabbage test?? unfortunatly here in texas i am on medicade and they WILL NOT pay for us to find out the sex of the baby, its gonna cost me almost 200 dollars out of pocket, so i think i will try it... because have you been shopping lately? every thing now days is either pink or blue AND I WANNA KNOW DANG IT LOL:haha: hopeing for a GIRL!!!!

jules - sorry your day changed quite a bit because of that guy! I hope it all goes away.

Just got back from my OB appt, along with pap and bloodwork, got to see the little one. He/she wasn't moving around much like last time, but did see the heartbeat and measuring on track, so they didn't change my due date thankfully.

I got my referral for the imaging to get the NT scan and when I called I was able to schedule a separate gender scan at 15 weeks! It'll cost us $65 out of pocket, but to me it's worth not having to wait until our 20 week scan! I'm very excited!!

Thanks guys, it's now 9:15pm and so far no call. I'm hoping that doesn't mean they call tommorow, or send me a letter with a fine or saying I have to go to court or something scary like that!! This is the scariest day ever!
Must try to relax though, need to calm down for baby's sake...

Lovie, congrats on the great and fast scan result!
Chloe, I'm also bloated every afternoon...
Krippy, i'm definitely going to try the baking soda test!
Juless - what a frustrating event!! I'd take some time and write out exactly what you remember happening - as much as possible (time that you were on the road, time that you were in different areas, time that you got home) AND when it's light out, take photos of your car to show that there is no damage there. Just know that you didn't do anything wrong - in fact the biker was doing what was illegal! Sounds like the police officer's on your side anyway!

Hi girls....did baking powder test, couldn't help myself :) Fizzed! So boy, Chinese gender test said boy as well....time will tell!

Oh I used baking powder....not baking soda?! Is there a difference?

Juless just read your posts :( Sorry you have had this happen. I agree with Expattc, write it all down in case. Hopefully nothing will come of it!

Has anyone put on weight? I have and it's not just a little bit. No MS here which is good but part of me wishes I had it, I know crazy right, but I just worry about the work to shed the baby weight and how much there is going to be if I have already started gaining in the 1 st tri :(

I have no scales so don't know about my weight. Got a bit of a belly bloat though.

Am I the only one who isn't planning on finding out the sex? Although now I know the nub theory I may work it out.

Imsotired - thanks for your reply. Feeling a but calmer again. It's so crazy how we worry but I suppose normal too.

munch, I've actually lost a kilo, would love to put a little bit on! Make me feel a bit more 'happy pregnant' and a bit less 'nauseous pregnant'!

Bean66, my DH actually doesn't want to find out the sex, but I'd like to! He loves the idea of having a bit more excitement on the day and sharing that information in an old school 'Iiiiiits a boy / iiiiiits a girl' announcement to the grandparents.

Oh I used baking powder....not baking soda?! Is there a difference?

Juless just read your posts :( Sorry you have had this happen. I agree with Expattc, write it all down in case. Hopefully nothing will come of it!

Has anyone put on weight? I have and it's not just a little bit. No MS here which is good but part of me wishes I had it, I know crazy right, but I just worry about the work to shed the baby weight and how much there is going to be if I have already started gaining in the 1 st tri :(

Have put on loadsa weight already - so much so am wondering is there more than one in there:wacko:
Have had bad MS tho - what I am finding is I am craving lots of savoury things and if I don't eat I get sick

Oh you poor thing! Previous advise is correct definitely write down everything that happened. It is unlikely that any criminal charge will be brought but just in case the cyclist wants to look at the civil route. It doesn't sound to me like any solicitor would take it on anyway and believe me the cops will be on your side (my hubbie is a police officer and they always side with the person who ISNT breaking the law!)
Put this behind you and forget it - bet you won't hear about it again:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->