*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Hi all, had my booking in appointment on Tuesday and have scan booked for June 8th but I'll be 13+3 by then!! Well that's if my dates are right??

Enjoying this bout of sunshine but finding it increasingly difficult to find clothes that fit as I'm not big enough for maternity clothes but my normal wardrobe is getting a bit snug!! Thank heavens for primark who have kitted me out in stretchy vests for the summer!!

One question I have is to anyone who's experienced giving birth after a previous birth with shoulder dystocia! My last baby got stuck and she had a shoulder dystocia which didn't cause her or me any problems but because of this I am now under a consultant rather than just a team of midwives! I'm not worried about it as its jugs one of those things and it actually means I'll probably get a higher degree of care but I wandered if anyone has been through this before??

Also on another note, we will def be finding out the sex through necessity as we already have 4 children and need to work out bedroom space before this one pops!! I found out with my last 2 babies but didn't tell anyone we knew and haven't decided yet if we're go an let people in on the secret as it takes away an element of excitement, I also don't tell anyone our name choices till babies born and then no ones opinion can waiver my decision x

Here's my scan from this morning. It was really wonderful - baby was jumping up and down as if it was on a trampoline and waving its arms and legs all over the place! The funniest thing though is that half-way through it seemed to get fed up and rolled over in a grump. Reminded me v much of DH when I wake him up too early in the morning! Gender guess anyone? I was really impressed with the sonographer - she took so much time to explain everything and gave me a full tour of the baby! Ready to go public once I have the results of the nuchal testing. Oh, and I have picked (but not bought!) my pram - iCandy strawberry. Love it!

lolly - my EDD has been brought forward to 8th December, please can you amend the list Hun?

Jules - sorry to hear of your traumatic day. Hope that is the end of it all x

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
What a cutie Honey.Bee! Love how he/she rolled over like that, lol! My guess is.. hmm.... boy :)

Sorry Juless, that is awful! If he ran into you, and was illegally riding, I think you are fine. Would be a good idea to write it all down though. I hope it all works out!

Daydream, glad you got to see your LO again. When i saw mine he/she wasn't moving, but at least had a heartbeat. I think i was looking at the back, not the profile, so maybe it was harder to see? 7 days til the detailed NT scan! I'm tempted to drink some caffiene before so that i can get him/her a little hyper...hehehe

I'm finally back to my normal weight. I lost 3 lbs due to not wanting to eat, and i seem to have gained them all back now. Last night i was having quite a few nauseous moments. Come on, 2nd Tri!!

OMG, honeybee, that is the best scan! Its so great that we are all getting farther along and our LO's are looking like actual humans instead of little peanuts!

Hey

We had our scan yesterday and what an amazing experience! They have changed my due date to the 3rd Dec (can you plz update hun?) so Ive been brought 2 days forward.

The person was great though we didnt get nearly enough time with LO. lol.
Having a properly little dance waving around like it just dont care.

Funniest thing was having my bum in the air having to wiggle and shake to get LO into the correct position for the NT scan. Its now put OH dtd! lol. Im just starting to feel better!!:dohh:

Attachments

• WP_000075.jpg
    WP_000075.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20120524_212735.jpg
    20120524_212735.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 9
what is the cabbage test?? unfortunatly here in texas i am on medicade and they WILL NOT pay for us to find out the sex of the baby, its gonna cost me almost 200 dollars out of pocket, so i think i will try it... because have you been shopping lately? every thing now days is either pink or blue AND I WANNA KNOW DANG IT LOL:haha: hopeing for a GIRL!!!!

If you google 'red cabbage gender prediction test' it'll come up with lots of info and soem videos on youtube too. It works by detecting the pH balance in your urine. Here's a quick link I copied; https://www.whattoexpect.com/blogs/astudentatmamauniversity/baby-gender-prediction-using-cabbage

Here's my scan from this morning. It was really wonderful - baby was jumping up and down as if it was on a trampoline and waving its arms and legs all over the place! The funniest thing though is that half-way through it seemed to get fed up and rolled over in a grump. Reminded me v much of DH when I wake him up too early in the morning! Gender guess anyone? I was really impressed with the sonographer - she took so much time to explain everything and gave me a full tour of the baby! Ready to go public once I have the results of the nuchal testing. Oh, and I have picked (but not bought!) my pram - iCandy strawberry. Love it!

lolly - my EDD has been brought forward to 8th December, please can you amend the list Hun?

Jules - sorry to hear of your traumatic day. Hope that is the end of it all x

What an amazing pic :) awww hi baby! I'm going to guess :blue: will move your EDD forward now x

Hey

We had our scan yesterday and what an amazing experience! They have changed my due date to the 3rd Dec (can you plz update hun?) so Ive been brought 2 days forward.

The person was great though we didnt get nearly enough time with LO. lol.
Having a properly little dance waving around like it just dont care.

Funniest thing was having my bum in the air having to wiggle and shake to get LO into the correct position for the NT scan. Its now put OH dtd! lol. Im just starting to feel better!!:dohh:

Brilliant pics, so nice and clear! Will also move you forward too. Are you taking gender guesses?

Thanks Lolly. Yeah were will be finding out the sex but i have no idea at the moment. No "feeling" lol. Whats your thoughts? MY OH wants a boy and I want a girl though of course we will be happy as long as its healthy. lol.

Hey there snowflakes!

Great scans ladies! Beautiful, beautiful snowflakes we have coming along.

I had my appointment today. It was so beautiful, I cried. :cloud9: My lo was in there just bouncing and dancing around. Wouldn't stay still for the most part but we got him/her to cooperate after while. It was funny though, the tech kept saying my baby was a show off! FHB 157!

A scan is below. Gender guesses?

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540206_310800285668632_100002159892289_692934_1722217101_n.jpg

Oh yeah, I got moved forward a couple of days. Doc says i'm 12w3days. TTC_Lolly would you mind changing my date to Dec. 4?

nikibrum, honey bee and blu butterfly what lovelly lovelly scans :) my sonographer said all babies look the same at 11/12/13 weeks but i think our scans all look really different!

I have had issues with our neighbours on both sides smoking and it coming into our appartment:grr: my oh has been over to talk to them and ask them to not smoke on the balconies, they have agreed not to or to text us when they intend to smoke, im really pleased that they are so kind.. if the no smoking continues for a week or so i think i will buy them a box of choccies to say thank you to them :)

its so so hot here i just had a cold shower to cool down, goodness, usually im not good with hot weather but with pregnancy + hot weather im even worse!

Beautiful scan Blu!! My guess is... girl!

I also ment to say what a awful thing with the biker jules:nope::hugs:

I'm sorry you had the stres of all that, I hope you dont need to think about it anymore...

how stupid is the biker.. how could it have been your fault if the biker drove into the side of you!! you should have said, oh yes there is a big scratch, i will be expecting a cheque in the post!

Of course i just had to have the most awful thing happen today. So I got new tires on my car, had 2 of the old ones in the back of my suv. I turned into a shop parking lot (was driving through it to get to a side street, not stopping there). When I turned the tires rolled to the side and banged the side of my car, it was loud. I waited for a while to turn onto the other street and went home. Then I get a call from a cop that I hit a biker with my car!! I guess when I turned in a guy was biking down the sidewalk (which is illegal) and hit the side of my car. He told the cops there must be damage to my car - just checked, not even a scratch! In the time I was sitting waiting to turn in the lot not one person came up to my car to let me know! I didn't see him cause he was most likely in my blind spot cause he was on the sidewalk. I would never have not stopped if I knew! When the cop called I was so shocked and I think she believed me, that I honestly didn't know. I pray she did as otherwise there could be a fine or a charge or something! She said she'd "Call if they need to speak with me more" but that she's not sure if it's going to go further as the man wasn't injured and I appear to not have known it happened. I'm still terrified though.. If I don't hear anything tonight I'll be relieved, but I'll still be scared for the next month I'll suddenly get a call! It just makes no sense to me how I don't even have a scratch on my car....

This is from experience. if the Police want to talk to you more, DO NOT say more than you need to - my advice would go as far as to say get representation if it is available (it is here in the UK free of charge)

The Police are renowned for playing good cop bad cop... my OH had an accident with a biker a few years ago, the Policewoman asked him to come for an interview that was "nothing to worry about, we are just getting a better understanding of the accident" etc etc etc - less than a year later he was on a charge of Dangerous Driving and facing prison (which infact he got).

Although that's a much more serious example, don't believe that the Police will just believe your side of the story - write everything down in as much detail as you remember it, but don't, if asked, answer more than the question (for example... if you are asked if you know what time it is, do not say "11:30, say yes.)

I am glad you are ok, and I hope it gets sorted, but I would contact your insurance provider now, if you haven't already, to let them know of the situation.

:)

Congrats Blu! Cute scan - I think :pink: but I'm no expert! I think your baby looks really grown up....

Lovie - I agree. The scans do all look different. I like that though. it was strange but when I saw baby today, Both DH and I were convinced he is a boy. Maybe I'm wrong..... if not, DS-S will be delighted as he has stipulated that he wants a brother, not sister!

Congrats Blu! Cute scan - I think :pink: but I'm no expert! I think your baby looks really grown up....

Lovie - I agree. The scans do all look different. I like that though. it was strange but when I saw baby today, Both DH and I were convinced he is a boy. Maybe I'm wrong..... if not, DS-S will be delighted as he has stipulated that he wants a brother, not sister!

will you find out what you are having?

i think elfie (the baby) is a boy but my oh is convinced its a girl... we will see who is right!

i think elfie has my oh's nose allready:haha:

Beautiful scans everyone! Can't wait, mine is in 5 days!

Jules sorry about your ordeal. I don't think anything will come of it. Try not to worry.

Tired, headache, and muscle cramps in my abdomen. Maybe my belly is growing? Hope so!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->