*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

GL Jules, I imagine buying a place is stressful no matter the circumstances. I hope all goes well for you guys and that it's all smooth sailing.

GL from me to juless. I can only imagine how stressful it all is. We bought last year and that was bad enough without throwing a pregnancy and new job all in the mix too!

Thanks so much for replying Juless. And good luck to you on the house I hope it goes through and you DH gets his new job in order. I'm keeping my fx'd that it all works out for you.

Daydream, yay for a wiggly LO! I'm jealous of your early gender scan!

I posted my scan pics in my journal and posted one in another thread to get gender guesses. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...ter/1049609-gender-thoughts-12-week-scan.html

Any thoughts from you ladies?

Gah I'm so active here today. haha, I think I should get off the internet and start doing our post-vacation laundry (we just got back from NYC).

But I took a bump picture this morning after my scan. It's part baby, part constipation (thanks to the zofran), but you can definitely see it!

https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5h4klLqR11qzxy9q.jpg

daydream, cute bump! And cute phone cover! I have a leopard print one too :)

Hi Ladies! Wow - just back from Brisbane last night for a week trip for a check-up and my NS, and there's lots of news to go through! Scans and houses and going back to work, phew we're busy!
Hope all are doing well with different challenges, and huge :hugs: to those with folks in families who are having a tough time.
The NS scan was good - since I'll be 35 when the bean is born, I went in with a 1 in 299 risk factor for downs (based solely on age) and came out at 1 in 6000. I'm over the moon with that, though DH is still nervous, since the test flags only 90-95% of the cases. I'm trying to get him to relax and enjoy this.
I also have a new due date - December 18th!

Why have I sailed through almost fourteen weeks with a minimum amount of nausea and now all of a sudden the little smells have me running from the room needing to vomit!!! I haven't puked yet (touch wood) and I'm holding on tight to that achievement, but tonight I came so close to losing dinner. Ugh!

Great news, expattc!

Lillylee, funny I am 13 weeks and just had my second vomiting episode. Spent the past 45 min over the toilet :( this is really quite unpleasant. And here I thought I was feeling better!

Chloe and Lillylee, eeks on the vomiting. I've just had nasty nausea and thought it was getting better (mainly because I can now stand way more smells than the last few weeks), but find that I am getting a nasty metal taste in my mouth every now and then, mainly after meals. Icky.

Good news! Hope you had lovely weather in Brissy. I had a ratio of 1:81 based on age only (I am 39 but they took it as 40 as that's what I will be closer to when bub arrives) and got combined numbers of 1 in 1900....I am happy with that as it's well over 300 and I saw the little nose bone and nuchal fold thickness myself :)

I booked a gender scan today! I was just going to wait until my 20 week scan but I am so impatient and as this is my last pregnancy I thought what the hell!! Having it on the 1st July.

Juless hope house thing turns out ok. We did a massive renovation when I was pregnant with DD 2, we had the living room as a make shift kitchen when she was born! I was hoping it would be all finished before she arrived but that was a joke as it wasn't completed until she was 5 months old. To make matters worse DH lost his job 2 months before she was due and didn't get his current job until I was in hospital having her! Looking back I don't know how I coped, but I did and as long as everyone is healthy and happy that's all that matters.

Stay strong snowflakes x

For some reason top of post was chopped off...that was to expatttc.

Good Morning Snowflakes :flower:

Expat great news on that scan!!

Juless :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I hope all goes well.

Daydreamer nice bump!

Lilly I've been getting sicker lately too, just this past week. Usually my sickness is in the evening, now it's all day! I thought it was supposed to get easier the second trimester :shrug:

Oh and I'm 15 weeks today :happydance:

Chloe and Lillylee, eeks on the vomiting. I've just had nasty nausea and thought it was getting better (mainly because I can now stand way more smells than the last few weeks), but find that I am getting a nasty metal taste in my mouth every now and then, mainly after meals. Icky.

Expatttc - me to with the metal taste. i found the more water i drink throughout the day, the taste goes away. plus i'm munch on minty tic tacs when its yucky. mentioned it to GP, and she said it should go away soon xxxx

I had been feeling fine the past few days so thought I would try to stop the zofran. Yesterday I felt horrible and nauseous all day. Looks like I'll stick with the zofran a couple more weeks..

Chloe - sorry you're still vomiting! That's the worst and I never seem to feel better afterwards.

Scan went well thank heavens :)

Bloods not so well - the midwife managed to find a vein first time but the blood was coming out so slowly she had to leave it in there a good 5 minutes, and still she isn't sure that she got enough for the Rhesus testing - she stopped though as it was starting to hurt me quite a lot and was beginning to make me sweat up and get distressed.

I survived though, that's the main thing - and little one was curling up and dancing away on the screen, will try put a pic up if we can get our new scanner to work.

Hope you are all well ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->