*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Hi girls....I have stopped weighing myself as it was getting me down. I lost a fair bit of weight before I got pregnant (a lot of DD 2 weight that was hanging around), and I had put on 7 kg which is 15lb!! I was mortified and because I have had absolutely no sickness what so ever my appetite has only increased. Anyway I am not going to worry about it too much until after pregnancy.

As for my bump, I look 6 months pregnant during the end of the day! A lot of water retention I think. I have always popped early with my pregnancies though. I have always had a little belly as well which contributes to it ;)

Lolly glad your having an awesome holiday! Lucky thing. Def miss your input on this post! Rest up and enjoy.

Those of you suffering headaches make sure your drinking enough water if you aren't all ready as this can help and plenty of sleep if possible.

Have a great week snowflakes!! X

I haven't gained weight yet, but am now slowly starting to eat more, so hopefully that will lead to a gradual healthy weight gain. I'm surprised that I haven't gained more quickly, as my exercise routine has been really off.

I normally swim quite often but these past few weeks it's been too COLD (I know, and I live in the Pacific). I have thoughts of jumping in the pool and freezing the little lemon!!

When i first got pregnant i weighed 11stone 5-7 lbs im 5"10 weighed myself this morning and i now weigh 11stone but i actually feel like all i do is eat tbh xxx

I don't normally weigh myself anyway, I got weighed at my booking in, won't weigh myself again untill they want it. I havent lost any weight since my last baby, but only put on in my tummy. Mind you I'm a big girl anyway.

When i first got pregnant i weighed 11stone 5-7 lbs im 5"10 weighed myself this morning and i now weigh 11stone but i actually feel like all i do is eat tbh xxx

All I do is eat so I'm sure I'll be the size of a house by the time this baby pops!!

I weighed 119 lbs before getting preggo, then i lost 3 lbs, and now i'm abotu 121 lbs. I dont know if that counts as gaining 2 lbs or 5 lbs. I'm going to go with 2 lbs :) Although I look like i've gained more in my belly/boobs...i'm convinced everything must just be shifting and i have gained more in my stomach, but maybe lost in my butt or arms?? usually the first place i lose is my poor tiny boobies. Not this time tho :)

Sorry for the girls with the headaches. I've had a few days where I will get them in the evenings, but I'm lucky that I can go to sleep and then I wake up refreshed.

Have a checkup tomorrow...hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time on a doppler!

Hi ladies. I haven't been on here for a while but just enjoyed reading all the updates. I havent weighed myself at all apart from when the midwife done it. I would rather not know how much weight I've put on for now as I can't stop eating. Luckily I seem to crave fruit a lot which is lucky :haha:

I had my 16 week midwife appointment this morning and heard the heartbeat for the first time which was lovely and such a relief cause I havent felt baby move at all yet so felt a little apprehensive for some reason.

Has anybody else been feeling a lot of stretching pans in their lower tummy? Just the last couple of days my tummy has felt a little sore at times quite low down. Thought maybe it was a urine infection but midwife checked and just said its normal for around 16 weeks.

Hope everbody are doing well. Loved reading all the gender updates, how exciting!!

I think I felt my first movement today. Not quite a butterfly feeling but it happened a few hours ago and then occurred in the last 30mins aswell. Totally different to when I felt stretching.

Off to get some maternity jeans tonight- bring on home time!

Happy Monday ladies!

I've been having more of those stretching pains lately. Supposed to be very normal.

Last night I had a dream we were able to sneak in an ultrasound (with Kourtney Kardashian lol!!) and it was a girl. We find out for real on Wednesday! Two more sleeps!

Sorry for those suffering from headaches. Similar to Chloe, if I have one I can usually head to bed early and feel better the next morning. I still feel pretty poor in the evenings so I'm still heading to bed early most days

Advice Please!

My extended family keeps asking if I've registered anywhere and I haven't yet as I figure it's still too early IMO...but I started looking at typical registry suggestion lists and they contain almost everything under the sun. Just for fun I started adding things to a shopping cart that I would register for and a lot of them are very expensive. Pack and play, car seat, exersaucer, etc. My question is, should I feel embarrassed to put these high ticket items on there and just expect no one to buy them for me, or leave them off and purchase them myself? In that case I find myself struggling to put things on the registry, I mean, is a relative six states away really going to buy me a $4 container of baby soap? I guess I'm missing the point.

I also know I need to register because the people I work with will be throwing me a shower as it's already been talked about (they love babies here)...but same issue exists. I feel like I should perhaps have two registries so that people I work with won't see anything listed for more than about $50 as I don't expect anyone to spend loads of money on me. Thoughts?

I think it's very common to list everything on your registry, big and small items. Some people prefer to go in as a group to get a big ticket item instead of getting the small stuff. I don't think anyone will scoff at seeing the expensive items.. Babies are expensive!

Though as for timing, we probably won't register until after our 20 week ultrasound or when it's closer to when our baby showers will be

Oh silly girls....you are talking to the weight gain queen here!

I started at 5'5" and 137lbs, but gained 11 lbs in the first 10 weeks! Part of it was having to eat through my nausea (and eating only carbs!) but I swear part of it was my body just front-loading a lot of the weight gain! Since I've been able to eat healthy again I've only put on another 2-3lbs, so 13-ish pounds total so far at 16 weeks.

I was very stressed out at first, until I accepted that my body really wanted me to put on that weight...even when I was sick and not eating much I'd gain weight! I got these "super cute" little fat deposits on my hips and thighs right away, but now it has calmed down and everything is going straight to the bump. I'm calling my little fat pads my breast-feeding stores!

Trust your body---it knows what it's doing!

I only put a stone on with DS right up until the 4 weeks before he was delivered. In those 4 weeks, despite feeling too sick/constantly full to eat and having chronic 5+ times daily diarrhea I managed to put on about 4 pounds each week!

Lost all of it before becoming pregnant again this time but was alarmed to put on 1/2 stone by 8 weeks! I thought I am gonna be massive by the end! Oddly though I've now not put on any more weight in the last 9 weeks despite eating anything and everything all day long!

I don't find pregnancy enjoyable but I do enjoy being able to eat most things without guilt for the first time in my life...so I'm just going with it!

I only put a stone on with DS right up until the 4 weeks before he was delivered. In those 4 weeks, despite feeling too sick/constantly full to eat and having chronic 5+ times daily diarrhea I managed to put on about 4 pounds each week!

Lost all of it before becoming pregnant again this time but was alarmed to put on 1/2 stone by 8 weeks! I thought I am gonna be massive by the end! Oddly though I've now not put on any more weight in the last 9 weeks despite eating anything and everything all day long!

I don't find pregnancy enjoyable but I do enjoy being able to eat most things without guilt for the first time in my life...so I'm just going with it!

Sorry....what is a stone? :dohh:

For those of you who know your baby's gender, did his/her heart beat stay in line with the old wives tail or higher meaning girl, lower meaning boy?

Baby's HB at my appt last week was 167- what do you think??

Momto3, my baby's heartbeat was 170 bpm and it turned out to be a boy... so no.. not true... (I was so hoping it was thought.. but I'm happy either way)

Lillylee, it doesn't matter. Put on your registry everything you need and some things that you just want and ppl will buy what they feel comfortable with, or they'll just get you a gift certificate. I don't know about babies, but for my wedding it was really easy to exchange things so if you got two items of lower value that you didn't need as much you could switch them for something of higher value. Definitely check into that with the store. And I haven't done anything yet. I plan on having my shower at the end of September so will probably open the registry towards end of July and send out invites towars end of August.. something like that.

Is anyone NOT doing a registry or shower? Don't get me wrong, I would love to -- but since we live abroad, it's a bit difficult to think of how to even do one! For our wedding we didn't register, since all of our friends were traveling to Tuscany for the 4-day event.

So instead, we're trying to figure out what we will need in Canada (where we'll give birth) that we can also take back to PNG with us when we come back...something like one of the chicco travel cots, most likely... Would be fun to get everyone to send some sort of a message for the little one, perhaps a postcard, that we can put into an album as a keepsake...

Ex Pat -- what a cute idea with the postcards!

Momto3 - a stone is 14lbs for us Yankees....

Oh, and there is the awful breakouts i'm experiencing on my chest and back. ack, hormones!!

Yes! Same here! I feel like I could handle breakouts on my face a little more (not that I'm asking for it), but I'm so wierded out by the breakouts on my chest and stomach -- it's bizarre!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->