*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

My nipples are sore, not cracked but definitely sore. I try to make sure I keep them moisturized with the rest of my skin. Never would've thought the need to do that before.

I think I've been feeling movements for about 2 weeks now but I'm never really sure.

My left side of my left hand keeps going numb and I noticed today that my left arm is aching. Is this carpal tunnel? Anyone else experience this. Any remedies?

The sore boobs returned for me about a week ago -- before that, they hadn't been sore for several weeks. I did have slightly cracked nipples about a week ago, but it was totally my fault. I had read something online that encouraged women to prepare for breastfeeding by exfoliating their nipples every so often during pregnancy. So I did it, and then the next morning I saw that I'd been a bit too abrasive and had a couple scabs. Not sure I'm going to keep it up, but the author of the thing I read explained that when she did it during one of her pregnancies, she didn't have nearly as much pain associated with breastfeeding as she had with her previous baby (when she'd been a first time mom).

I haven't noticed any numbness in my hands, but I have been noticing hip pain on my left side that's driving me nuts! Also, today I had the most horrible time at work because I could hear and FEEL my pulse beating in my right ear. It freaked me out so bad I had to Google it, and found all these posts from women saying that the same thing happened to them when they were pregnant. Anyone else experiencing that?? It's horrible. I really hope it doesn't last long -- one day has been bad enough!

Mom2three, Sara, Gen, I'm also on my second day of brutal headaches. Yesterday's was so bad that I was sick in the morning.

It's freaking me out to wake up with such a small bump, but by the end of the day you can really see it. Just wish it was more constant!

Me too!!! When I wake up my stomach is (almost) flat, and by the end of the day I look 4 months prego. What is going on? I feel so silly, and I know my dh is starting to worry! :wacko::wacko:

How is everyone's weight gain (or loss)? I started at 113, and was up to 118 a week ago (and a week vaca). Down to 116 this am, so I guess I am happy with that. I am not, not trying to gain-dont get me wrong. But, I enjoyed being prego a little too much the first time and gained over 50 lbs. That is alos for a 5'2 girl. The twins was a while different story, but at least I had an excuse. This time when I got prego, I was actually down to the weight I was when I graduated college and finally felt good about myself again. I want to gain a healthy pregnancy weight this time around, and lose it in a heathly (and quick) way! :winkwink:

I'm the same way with the bump that's smallish in the morning and huge in the evening. I think it's the baby plus whatever food I eat over the course of the day -- after dinner, the bump is huge! I do like looking at it though since it helps me imagine how things will look in a month or two, but I'm still nervous because I just started a new job, and don't really want it getting it that I'm pregnant. My boss knows, but other than that, I'd prefer a few more weeks of no one else knowing what's up.

As far as weight, I've gained more in the past two weeks than I did the entire first trimester. I think I gained only one or two pounds in the first, but I've already gained nearly four in the second -- and it's only getting started!

I'm getting horrible headaches lately too. They start about 3 PM and last all night long, no matter what I do. Unfortunately that's also when I work, so it stinks :(

I lost 15 pounds in first tri and haven't gained any back. I could definitely stand to lose a few pounds though.

I also have really bad "stretching" pains. They are awful and get worse and worse as the day goes on. So many problems. Does anyone else feel like they just weren't meant to be pregnant? My body seems to hate it and I've been miserable the whole time.

For those of you who know your baby's gender, did his/her heart beat stay in line with the old wives tail or higher meaning girl, lower meaning boy?

Baby's HB at my appt last week was 167- what do you think??

i was trying to coax my midwife into telling me she said at this stage both boy and girl heart rate is fast, i asked as babys heart rate was very fast at my appointment and i still have too wait over two weeks to find out she told me to wait till my scan! Lol

I asked the midwife about this old wives tale and she hadnt even heard of it. At this stage the hb is very fast and as they grow it gets slower so even if there was any truth in it you couldnt tell at this stage.

I felt my first movement yesterday *I think*.

I asked the midwife about this old wives tale and she hadnt even heard of it. At this stage the hb is very fast and as they grow it gets slower so even if there was any truth in it you couldnt tell at this stage.

I felt my first movement yesterday *I think*.

I think I felt movement yesterday too! Was laying in bed really quietly reading a book and drinking ice water when all of a sudden after taking a sip it felt like a popcorn popped 3 times really low. So after a few minutes I tried again with the water and felt it again. Hopefully that was it! :happydance:

Lemontea- Ive been feeling lots of fluid in my ears, kind of like they're plugged. No pulse, but definitely like Ive got a cold or something. I asked my doctor about it yesterday and she said it can happen bc of the extra fluids in our bodies and I could take benadryl if it was really bothering me, which mine isn't that bad to take med for it

I was sitting here at my desk listening to reggae music and I promise the baby must've liked it too because I felt 3 quick taps in the region where I feel movement most often (under belly button, to the left side).

It made me burst out laughing. hehehe

Doc's office called me back to say my results from the second set of bloods came back negative so chances still lower than 1/10,000!! So excited that that's out of the way.

Gender Scan in 3 days :happydance:

I heard the heartbeat for the first time today:cloud9: I was so happy/reassured. Also scheduled my gender scan for july 25. 4 long weeks away! It's gonna be hard to wait so long, but I'm so happy everything is progressing well in there. my midwife said i should feel movement sometime before my next appointment, so i'm going to be paying super close attention to anything that i feel down there!

Excited for all the girls feeling movement! Yay!

Advice Please!

My extended family keeps asking if I've registered anywhere and I haven't yet as I figure it's still too early IMO...but I started looking at typical registry suggestion lists and they contain almost everything under the sun. Just for fun I started adding things to a shopping cart that I would register for and a lot of them are very expensive. Pack and play, car seat, exersaucer, etc. My question is, should I feel embarrassed to put these high ticket items on there and just expect no one to buy them for me, or leave them off and purchase them myself? In that case I find myself struggling to put things on the registry, I mean, is a relative six states away really going to buy me a $4 container of baby soap? I guess I'm missing the point.

I also know I need to register because the people I work with will be throwing me a shower as it's already been talked about (they love babies here)...but same issue exists. I feel like I should perhaps have two registries so that people I work with won't see anything listed for more than about $50 as I don't expect anyone to spend loads of money on me. Thoughts?

I haven't started putting an official registry together yet, although I have been making note of things that I like when I see them (but I was doing that long before we even got pregnant so I'm not sure it counts). I would recommend registering for anything you think you will want for the baby. If it's a big ticket item, it might be something that people will decide to go in on together (like maybe your coworkers will all put money into a pool to buy you a stroller or carseat or something). If not, I think most retailers offer a discount on any items on your registry that no one buys for you (say maybe 10% off if you decide to buy the item yourself once your registry closes) -- so it can't hurt to add things on there, and consider it a coupon you're setting aside for yourself in case you decide to buy things later yourself.

Speaking of registries, has anyone decided where they are going to register yet? I haven't decided, but these days I'm leaning towards setting up a non-traditional online registry (at a website like BabyList or MyRegistry) so people can see what we'd like, but can decide on their own where they'd like to purchase it. So many of the things I like are things that I'm not even sure places like Target or Babies R Us carry (like the types of cloth diapers and infant carriers I'd like to try), so I'm wondering if a nontraditional registry would encourage people to online shop. But maybe it would just confuse people and I'd end up having to put together a more traditional registry. I dunno. Thoughts?

Lemontea- Ive been feeling lots of fluid in my ears, kind of like they're plugged. No pulse, but definitely like Ive got a cold or something. I asked my doctor about it yesterday and she said it can happen bc of the extra fluids in our bodies and I could take benadryl if it was really bothering me, which mine isn't that bad to take med for it

Glad to hear it's not just me. It's the weirdest sensation in my ears though, and it's driving me nuts because it's not consistent -- it starts and stops at random. Be glad when it passes!

Speaking of registries, has anyone decided where they are going to register yet?

I don't know if you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you, but they have awesome prices on baby stuff, check out their website. They also send 20% off coupons in the mail! I have a small registry started there, and I think later I will do Target too, just because it's more convenient for some people.

Speaking of registries, has anyone decided where they are going to register yet?

I don't know if you have a Burlington Coat Factory near you, but they have awesome prices on baby stuff, check out their website. They also send 20% off coupons in the mail! I have a small registry started there, and I think later I will do Target too, just because it's more convenient for some people.

I haven't started yet but am thinking Target and Babies R US.

I am going to register at Target. My bestie gets all her baby stuff from there. For some reason it seems the quality of those items is a bit better then Wal-Mart.

Also, I am DEFINITELY feeling movements now. Little flutters here and there, although yesterday I swear I felt two kicks. Makes me :) and let me know my misery isn't for nothing!

i am 18 weeks today! Yay! Fifteen days till my scan, i get my belly brace today i hope it helps with my back. I had a really vivid dream that i had a little girl last night with lots of black hair hopefully Not long till i find out

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!
I feel what I think are little movements here and there but not lots yet. I think I've been too busy lately to notice! Let's just say finalizing our mortgage for our new home has been extremely stressful... I'm paranoid they look at the final papers and say ya, we approved you but changed our minds or something... Too scary to even think of that! Can't wait till its all done! This poor little baby, so much stress going on the first few months of their life!

Juless, don't worry I do mortgages, as long as all the conditions are met, proof of income, inspection of the house, then if the bank says approved there isn't any turning back! Congrats on getting your house. :hugs:

hi ladies! haven't been on the thread in awhile, hope you're all doing well :) my 20 week scan is July 17, day before my 26th birthday! :) Can't wait to see peanut

Aww Juless, try to not stress hun. All is working together for your good and you'll be a happy homeowner soon :)

My energy is still nonexistent and my nausea loves to make guest appearances at the most inconvenient time. I hope this goes away soon.

3 days until our scan :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->