*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Well I just got back from my gender scan. I was a little worried about having it early and that it would be a little unclear, but this absolutely was not. We are 100% having a little BOY! I'm in the process of adding pictures and video to my journal, so that will be up in a few hours.

I am SHOCKED. I was so wrong, though I did have a dream last night that we found out it was a boy, so maybe it was my body's last attempt to clue me in on the little secret ;) We're both so thrilled though, and I'm so excited to share the news with our families at our gender reveal party this Saturday. Everyone is going to be so surprised!

Congrats Daydream!! I will be 15 weeks 1 day at my gender scan Friday, so I am excited to hear you got such sure results!! Boys are so sweet! :winkwink:

Speaking of my scan, I am super nervous. Our appt was Saturday, but since I spilled the beans to everyone, I decided to move it up a day to Friday, so hubby and I can get the news first, without a bunch of calls, texts, facebook messages, etc. I will be 15 weeks 1 day.

I have mentioned before we have 3 boys already. I so desperatly want a little girl to complete our family. I dream of little dresses and headbands. It will just be so hard to accept I will never have a baby girl, if baby #4 is a boy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BOYS. They are the sweetest, cutest boys in the world. And I am so happy they have each other, but a girl would just bring so much to our family. I want my husband to have a daughter to walk down the isle, I want my boys to understand (somewhat) that girls are different, and emotional, and grow up respecting that difference, and not have a rude awakening when they are older. I want a daughter of my own to send to prom and on a first date.....and to not always be the MIL.

I just needed to say all that. I will not regret this baby, if it is a boy, not for one second. But, knowing this is our final baby, either way, I will grieve the little girl that I will never have.

After saying all that, I think it is a boy! Ha. I have no reason to feel that way, at all. Maybe it is my hearts way of protecting itself, or maybe I would just be so shocked because I want it so bad, and all I have every heard is "its a boy".

Either way, Friday will be a celebration. It is the 2 year anniversary since one of my twins had brain surgery and the day we find out if our family will be complete with a baby boy or girl.

Thank you for letting me get that out. Somehow it is easier to say those things here than it is to say in person to anyone.

This is my first and likely my only baby and I am so hoping for a boy. My hubby has a daughter from his previous marriage and is also hoping for a boy. I had such a difficult time with hyperemesis with this pregnancy that I doubt I will have any more kids, so talk about even more pressure!
But my doc won't do an early scan. I have to wait until 19+ weeks! eek!

This is my first and likely my only baby and I am so hoping for a boy. My hubby has a daughter from his previous marriage and is also hoping for a boy. I had such a difficult time with hyperemesis with this pregnancy that I doubt I will have any more kids, so talk about even more pressure!
But my doc won't do an early scan. I have to wait until 19+ weeks! eek!

Im going privately. It is worth the $50 for my nerves! :haha:

I have mentioned before we have 3 boys already. I so desperatly want a little girl to complete our family. I dream of little dresses and headbands. It will just be so hard to accept I will never have a baby girl, if baby #4 is a boy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY BOYS. They are the sweetest, cutest boys in the world. And I am so happy they have each other, but a girl would just bring so much to our family. I want my husband to have a daughter to walk down the isle, I want my boys to understand (somewhat) that girls are different, and emotional, and grow up respecting that difference, and not have a rude awakening when they are older. I want a daughter of my own to send to prom and on a first date.....and to not always be the MIL.

I just needed to say all that. I will not regret this baby, if it is a boy, not for one second. But, knowing this is our final baby, either way, I will grieve the little girl that I will never have.

After saying all that, I think it is a boy! Ha. I have no reason to feel that way, at all. Maybe it is my hearts way of protecting itself, or maybe I would just be so shocked because I want it so bad, and all I have every heard is "its a boy".

Either way, Friday will be a celebration. It is the 2 year anniversary since one of my twins had brain surgery and the day we find out if our family will be complete with a baby boy or girl.

Thank you for letting me get that out. Somehow it is easier to say those things here than it is to say in person to anyone.

I completely understand. DH has 3 sons already and this will most likely be our only child so we're hoping for a girl. Will not be mad if it's a boy but fingers crossed. Idk why I keep calling baby a "he" but for some reason I feel like it's a boy.

hi everyone not been on for a few day got my 16 week appointment tomoz with the midwife so hopefully will get to hear babies heartbeat :D xxxx

Ok, Has anyone had anxiety with their pregnancy? This is my first pregnancy, unplanned, but DH and I have been married for 5 years so I guess it is about time. At first I had the occasional "What did I do?!" thought but now the anxiety seems almost ongoing. I am worried about my career ( I just graduated nursing school but have no job), and finances. I called the doc and the nurse thinks it is just pregnancy hormones. Did anyone go through this? Did it eventually go away? Please help! I feel like I am losing my mind. This is unlike my personality.

Congrats daydream!!
1Timer29, I sometimes get this sudden thought of "Holy crap!! There's no going back now!" Not that I'd want to take it back, but it's scary thinking of having a second. I love my DD so much that I'm almost a bit sad that it won't just be us and her anymore, plus it's scary thinking of having another! Wouldn't hurt to let your doctor know that it's not improving and that it's affecting your life. I can imagine pregnancy hormones can intensify the normal worries and fears we have surrounding pregnancy. It's definitely scary when you think about how much your life will change and how it will never be the same, but when you look at your little baby you know everything will be okay. :) It's the hardest job in the world, but the most awesome and amazing as well!

afm, just gotta say that nothing beats just picked Prince Edward Island strawberries! Yuuuuummmmmm!!!!! :)

Okeys juless - PEI berries, and former references of timbits. Again - pleaaaase have some for me :)

Congrats daydream! Seems like there arent many boys about!

So day before yesterday I had another NHS scan to check cervical length which was still looking good. :thumbup: Problem was we had really got our hopes up that we would find out the gender as we had done with S at 17 weeks. The sonographer we got was HORRIBLE! She was so rude and hurt me with her darned probe. We asked if she would sneak a look but she then purposefully AVOIDED the area. We were so disappointed and I went to the loos afterwards and just cried. I mean, I know it is cheeky to ask when she was there checking other things but, since she was scanning Sprout anyway, why not take a quick look??? I told her she didn't have to make a guess, just scan a potty shot and I would decide what I thought but NO. :cry:

Anyway, I then decided I couldn't wait another 3 weeks (because I am a spoilt brat :brat:) and called up then and there and booked a private gender scan for today. I didn't want to risk getting that awful woman again and letting HER be the one to reveal our special news.

So yesterday we went and had a lovely time got to watch Sprout for ages and had so many interesting things pointed out. Most importantly three little white lines showing us that Sprout is in fact most likely to be a GIRL!!!!!
:cloud9:

I would have been thrilled either way but I am super excited to have a little girl. Not going mad shopping or nursery painting just yet (although I have already planned it out months ago!) until we have had confirmation at 20 weeks.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Firstly, Sprout at 15 weeks.
DSC_1958.JPG

Then from today at 17 weeks her two little feet :)
DSC_1960.JPG]

And a 4d pic of her face and hand trying to thumb suck
DSC_1965.JPG]

And finally, the "potty shot" :)
DSC_1963.JPG

Congrats everyone on your gender scans!:happydance: just so excited for you all. Saying that OH and me have decided to stay Team YELLOW :thumbup:

Congrats re all the gender scans! It's just so so exciting!

I have been feeling terribly sad and I want to say that this is not meant to make anyone feel upset but to appreciate life and what's happening to us as mothers to be. It's a complicated story so I will try and tell it the best way possible. I have some friends a married couple, they were unable to have children themselves as the wife suffers from Cystic Fibrosis and cannot carry a pregnancy. The husbands sister who already has children offered to be a surrogate for the couple. They used the wifes eggs and his sperm and now are expecting twin boys in less than 3 weeks time. Unfortunately a little under a month ago the wife got terribly sick with her cystic fibrosis and needed a lung transplant to survive, she got this transplant but unfortunately was too unwell and rejected it...she died on Monday night at age 30. Heartbreaking. We have her funeral next week :( She will never meet her boys and her husband will be bringing them up alone but with an extremely supportive family. I didn't know her very well, we just caught up every now and again at mutual social events. She was a lovely soul and it's just so unfair :(........just thought I would share this with you all. I realise how lucky I am and that life is so precious xx

congrats on the baby boy and girl ladies how lovely, mom to 3 i know how you feel this is my last ever pregnancy and we would love a boy! I hope you get your little girl i really do, i honestly have no idea what i am having i have another fourteen days to go and Its driving me insane lol

Congrats to the little boy and girl announcements :happydance: it feels so strange that elfie (our baby) allready had girl/boy bits we just don't know which one :haha:

It took us a very long time to conceive and we don't know if we will be lucky enough to conceive again so boy/girl really doesn't matter to us, my oh is convinced its a girl so in a way I hope he is right as he is bonding with the baby as a girl and I'd like him to feel he was the one that knew right (I think elfie is a boy elf)

Munch that is such a moving story, I'm sure her boys will grow up knowing how much their mummy wanted/loved them :hugs:

lovie...I agree, after problems TTC both times, I refused to have a gender preference. I was blessed to have my son and would have felt just as blessed had Sprout been a boy. It's a win win situation!

munch...what a heartbreaking story :( Those boys will have a guardian angel mummy watching over them for life. Just so sad she never got to meet them :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->