*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

V day today, so to celebrate I'm off to the seaside for the day, and as for weight gain, pah, my views are, pregnancy is the only time I can eat chocolate and drink full fat coke without worrying about the consequences so I'm going to enjoy it while I can and then hit the slimming world club next year xxx

Good morning ladies!

25 weeks today. Just been for midwife appt. was reassuring as haven't had one since 16 weeks. All was good she felt fundal height and heard heart which I didn't expect.

On the down side I've got to go for the dreaded 3 hour GTT. I'm really worried about it. She said no point doing the 1 hour one just do the 3 hour. Anyone have this one? What wait like? Think I'll go tomorrow and get it over with.

Happy v day fifipots!

Loving all the bumps! I am so tired, I think my bump is way bigger than yours :wacko: so dont worry. Everyone carrys differently. I am feeling ok with everything today (my weight gain), as Fifi says enjoy it why you can and worry about it later. I have realised that some women are just bumps when they are pregnant, and some, like me are not. I lost 16kg and was so close to my ideal weight before I got pregnant again, it took a lot of work, so it is a bit depressing undoing all that work but its totally worth it! :happydance:

I am trying to upload a pic of my Birthday girl DD2...What a day she had, so much excitment and happiness!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 5
Yay it worked! Will endevour a bump pic soon (not very computer savvy unlike all you gen Y's)......

Ohhhh munch how beautiful is your daughter!? What an absolute little darling :) I hope she had a lovely day!

toothfairy I've never heard of the 1 or 3 hr GTT :wacko: I thought it was the standard 2 hour test everywhere? You have your bloods taken, drink the drink, sit around doing nothing for 2 hours and then get your bloods drawn once more. That's what I had done on Friday. I can't imagine the others being much different except for the waiting time, how odd though. Where are you?

Here you have the 1 hour test and if you are over or borderline then they send you for the 3 hour... I think.

I'm in the US and my Dr said the glucose test is 1 hour long. Still inconvenient, but beats 3! I would imagine if the 1 hour shows problems they would send me for a 3 hour, but I don't really know?

I am in Yorkshire. I thought you had a 1 hour test and if you failed that you went for the 3 hour. Midwife today jut said I'd be there 3-4 hours!! This is the first one I've ever had!

What types of movement is everyone getting? Whenever I lay on either side (left or right) I feel like she is literally jumping up and down on that side because I can feel constant bumps on the side of my stomach that touches the bed and then on the opposite side that's in the air will bump up opposite to the movement to the bed side. Does that make any sense?

How precious Munch! DD is such a cutie! I hope she had a fabulous birthday.

Im in US and I had the 1 hour test (GCT - Glucose Challenge Test). You drink the sugar stuff, wait one hour then they draw blood. If my results had've come back at elevated levels I would've had to do the 3 hour test (GTT - Glucose Tolerance Test).

Here's a link to an article explaining the test
https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-tests/glucose-challenge-and-glucose-tolerance-test-gct-and-gtt

LillyLee - I get all kinds of movement. I understand what you are describing, maybe she is doing a little trampoline act in there. lol. I tell everyone that if they see my stomach moving, don't be alarmed..I'm growing a ninja. :ninja: If I could see my insides, I'm sure they'd be black and blue.

Ohhhh munch how beautiful is your daughter!? What an absolute little darling :) I hope she had a lovely day!

toothfairy I've never heard of the 1 or 3 hr GTT :wacko: I thought it was the standard 2 hour test everywhere? You have your bloods taken, drink the drink, sit around doing nothing for 2 hours and then get your bloods drawn once more. That's what I had done on Friday. I can't imagine the others being much different except for the waiting time, how odd though. Where are you?

Lolly... I just phoned the blood dept at the hospital I have to go to and they said its 2 hrs. Like you said. Maybe it's a uk thing? I'd never heard of these tests until this pregnancy when I've read on here of ladies having the 1 hour or the 3 hour test. Maybe these are more a USA thing and we in uk get standard 2 hour? Do you know what happens if you fail the 2hour test you had?

Yeh I think it's standard 2 hrs in the UK, there isn't any other tests if you fail. I think they will possibly recheck you again but if you fail it'll be assumed you have gestational diabetes and you'll be treated for it :)

My MW told me my results would be with me within a fortnight, but some of the other ladies I speak to in 2nd tri got theirs back that day! x

Thanks lolly!!!

As promised my bump photos at 25 wks today. Midwife this morning told me it is small and neat but baby is measuring 25 weeks! I feel very brave!!! sorry for photo quality couldnt get light right one room very dark and one very bright!!!

Attachments

• 25 weeks.jpg
    25 weeks.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 25 weeks 2.jpg
    25 weeks 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 3
I had my regular OB appt yesterday and she gave me the lab slip for my GTT that I'll do around 26 weeks. I think in the US the 1 hour, then 3 hour if necessary is the standard, but for some reason, my dr does the 2 hour test w fasting. I guess I'm fine with it because the 1 hour is known to have a higher fail rate, so a lot of women end up having to do the three hour anyway.

Toothfairy - that is a very small and neat bump -- too cute!
Munch - congrats on your mastery of posting pics! You'll be a techie in no time, and your DD is gorgeous -- those pouty lips!!!
My little one is jumping all around now it seems -- I feel as if s/he is either jabbing me from the inside or doing somersaults. DH finally got to feel another movement last night which was bliss! Thankfully, the movements aren't too uncomfortable for me (yet?) - no black and blue insides here, just always feels as if my stomach turning, like nausea but without actually wanting to puke? Strange feeling.
I'm such an intolerable person these days...yesterday I got so irritated with DH for opening his mail and leaving it all on the countertop...something I frequently do myself, but lately nothing he does is right or good enough. Poor thing. Our crib got delivered and he was trying to be sweet and started to put it together, but I screamed at him to stop because he tends to try and put things together without reading the directions thoroughly and I've nightmares of the crib falling apart due to a missing screw here or there. He really is being so patient with me, and I can't seem to find an ounce of patience to give back to him. So, instead, I try to have sex more often...I figure that's a fair trade. Right?

Fab bumps Toothfairy & mummyof2girlz!!! Thanks for sharing ladies. How beautiful!

Mummy - you are in double digits! congrats!

GenY - I think that's fair enough. A little bitchin made right with sex :haha:

Nice bumps everyone. You're all making me feel enormous! You're so lucky you have such cute little bumps!

GenY- I agree, my poor DH has to put up with my constant crying and anxiety not to mention the occasional outlash! Extra sex won't hurt, lol.

I slept MAYBE 4 or 5 hours last night. Partly do to my stubborn dog and partly because I am so uncomfortable. I suddenly have very sore muscles from my thighs all the way up my back to my shoulders. It feels like I did a huge workout but I assure you I did not! I took a warm bath to try and ease it a bit but it didn't work at all. I suppose I'll take a tylenol or two but what else can I do? Does anyone know what I can do too ease some of the pain or to at least sleep at night?! It's killing me!:cry:

Nice bumps everyone. You're all making me feel enormous! You're so lucky you have such cute little bumps!

GenY- I agree, my poor DH has to put up with my constant crying and anxiety not to mention the occasional outlash! Extra sex won't hurt, lol.

I slept MAYBE 4 or 5 hours last night. Partly do to my stubborn dog and partly because I am so uncomfortable. I suddenly have very sore muscles from my thighs all the way up my back to my shoulders. It feels like I did a huge workout but I assure you I did not! I took a warm bath to try and ease it a bit but it didn't work at all. I suppose I'll take a tylenol or two but what else can I do? Does anyone know what I can do too ease some of the pain or to at least sleep at night?! It's killing me!:cry:

I've been really sore too. At night I have a pregnancy pillow that helps support my legs which also helps my lower back. And I have a heating pack that I pop in the microwave right before going to sleep that I also wedge up against my lower back. I've been finding however that on days that I actually feel like I've done something (exercise) I sleep a lot better than days where I do nothing. It's definitely a chore to get out and go when it's so hot lately, and all I want to to is crash on the couch when I get home. But DH has been adamant that we walk for 30 minutes a night and the nights I've skipped I've been miserable. I piss and moan the entire walk about how I'm tired and hot and sore and poor DH just keeps plodding on halfway ignoring me but I actually wake up feeling refreshed the next morning. That might help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->