*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Totally OT and I feel like I've monopolized this thread all day but work has been sooooo boring.

I found a pattern for "Soft Baby Bird Blocks" on etsy and decided to start sewing them over the weekend. I'm in love and although my sewing skills leave something to be desired, is a baby actually going to judge me? (I sincerely hope not :haha:). Anyway, here are the completed baby owl and baby chick, the pattern is also for a cockatoo, flamingo, penguin, and parrot, but I've also added a peacock, turkey, and rooster to the crew and I will hopefully get them all done this weekend. The amount of fabric they take is ridiculously small and I think they're just adorable.

Attachments

• photo(7).JPG
    photo(7).JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 2
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 1
lol your the first ones to say my bump is neat everyone says im huge! Defo bigger than with my other two and that was full term ha ha when baby moves can see legs ect. i can sympathise with the no sleep i feel like Ive not slept for months the heat does not help had to buy a fan my poor dh is freezing on a night..

I've not slept for months either properly. Peeing at least 3-4 times every night.

Can you really see arms and legs? I just see bulges!

Awww Lilly they are so cute! What are they made from? I've tried to learn how to crochet to make the baby some things but I'm really not getting the hang of it :dohh: so if anyone knows how to crochet and would be willing to help me.... HELP!!! :haha:

If I need crochet help I use YouTube or my friend MackMomma on here. She taught me using Ravelry.com

Oooh thanks for that Mrs Gibbo, I'm totally at a loss with it :( dying to make baby something though! I've been using YouTube but there's so many different techniques and some of the demonstrations go so fast that I've barely had a chance to take it all in!

I do love my OH! That's now twice in the past week I've had to wake him up to remove a spider from our bedroom :haha: I'm absolutely terrified of the bloody things! And they're never just the small ones that sneak in my room either, always the fat massive bodies ones with thick legs :sick: Urgh!

They are made of 4 inch square flannel on each side for the bodies and cotton remnants for the feet and eyes. Then I stuff them with fiberfill. DH has been throwing them at our cats and thinks its hilarious so I'm going to have to run them through a wash before baby gets here.

Hey girls, I'm a little worried. Not much movement in 24 hours, maybe he's changed his sleeping pattern? I'm not sure but going to call my midwife today I think as he's usually kicking a lot and didn't kick once yesterday until I got home from work at 6pm?
I'm sure he's ok just want to be sure, hope you're all good x

I go hours without feeling movement all the time still, and I'm 24 weeks today. For example: TODAY! I've only felt three punches all day and if I don't pay attention I would have even mised those. My bubs likes to face my butt and back so it seems I don't get a lot of movement thru my tummy.

I had my OB appt today and had to drink the nasty orange stuff for the diabetes test. No warning either! I was supposed to fast for 4 hours before hand but nobody told me I was having the test so I'm sure I'll fail and have to go for the 3 hour one :growlmad:

Anyways, I'm feeling huge. Here's a pic I took a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
im sure all will b fine ocean, if i have a busy day doing my hairdressing then i think she hasn't moved all day till i get home, well tbh i think ive just been to busy to notice it so dnt stress i reckon u just didnt rly notice the movements thats all untill u got homeand was resting xxxx

Thanks guy, that's what I was thinking. Maybe I didn't notice because I was doing a lot yesterday but I always feel him as his kicks are quite strong now. Been some movement this morning x

Hey girls, I'm a little worried. Not much movement in 24 hours, maybe he's changed his sleeping pattern? I'm not sure but going to call my midwife today I think as he's usually kicking a lot and didn't kick once yesterday until I got home from work at 6pm?
I'm sure he's ok just want to be sure, hope you're all good x

Might just be having a growth spurt, babies always stop moving as much when they're growing. Give it a day and he'll be back to normal. If you're worried about reduced movement though, GO TO YOUR MIDWIFE! I'm sure everything's fine but only you know what's usual for your baby. :hugs:
EDIT: Glad you've felt movement and I should've read the last page :dohh: (I tend to forget what I was going to say if I do that though!)

I think you only really have to pay attention to movement as of 26 weeks, before that it can fluctuate a lot more, but after that you need to be feeling at least 10 fetal movements a day... which at least to me does not seem like much... I'm sure everything is fine. :hugs:

should be looking for ten fetal movements a day if you think you have not felt baby move a warm bath or cold drink help try lying on your side if Not Its always best to get checked! A girl on my course said to another one sitting next to her that she had not felt the baby move for two days she is twenty eight weeks! The girl next to her said it was normal as baby didnt have a lot of room over Heard by the tutor who is a midwife too say she went mental is an understatement felt like a class of naughty kids! So i would always get checked after her reaction.

twenty six weeks today yay.. but im still an eggplant? Awww was hoping for a new vegetable

Ocean give your MW a call if you are ever concerned hun, but I think it's once you get a bit further a long you're supposed to start counting kicks? I haven't felt bubs yet at all today, but I'm quite familiar with her pattern now so I know she'll start moving around loads later. If it ever happens again, have a cold drink and just lay down for a bit :thumbup: when you're on the move they are often asleep because of the rocking motion :)

mummyof2girlz - Happy 26 weeks! You're an aubergine for a little while now I'm afraid! Don't depend on the fruit tickers, they are total tosh :haha:

Finally I'm in double digits :wohoo:

It's so scary! I can't believe I'll be full term in just 11 weeks (& 1 day :haha:). I had DD at 38 weeks too so the fact I could have baby in that time is so strange!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->