*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

hi my name is Amanda im 23, Dh is 33 This is pregnancy # 2 for me I have my 9 month old daughter Aaryella This is Baby # 5 for my husband he has Tyler 14 Amathyst 12 Savannah 7 and Ella of course!!

here are some pics first one is me and DH when Ella was first born, 2nd one is my bump pic from today at 22 weeks and third on is 21 weeks 3 days with Ella. Do u think my bump is bigger this time. And we chose a name for the new little girl :) her name is going to be Angelyic Grace

Attachments

• Me mike n Ella.jpg
    Me mike n Ella.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 4
  • bump 22 weeks.jpg
    bump 22 weeks.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 21 weeks with ella.jpg
    21 weeks with ella.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3
my name is aretha, im 26, dh is 26..... we have a 6yr old son and baby #2 ,a little boy on the way!

Attachments

• 2012-04-28_16.51.56-1.jpg
    2012-04-28_16.51.56-1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20120812_094849-1.jpg
    IMG_20120812_094849-1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 3
We are a good looking bunch of ladies :haha: loving the bumps too!

bbygurl - I'd say you're roughly the same size :flower:

I will be having a 4d scan on Monday. Hopefully we will be able to tell the gender this time as it is absolutly killing me not knowing lol.

Tomorrow I will be in the double digit countdown!! Yay for 99 days.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes to my son. Most of the damage was to the inside of his mouth and it's healing very quickly. He's a tough kid.

Oh let us know how the scan goes!! And photos!! Hope you get to find out the sex. What do you think you're having?

Sorry the images are so big but I can't seem to resize them if I still want them to show up...

The first picture is me (Kendra) and my DH (Shea) we are both 24. This is our second child. Our DS turned three in July.

The second picture was taken at 25+1. I feel huge already...

https://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/kstark18/photo2.jpghttps://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/kstark18/photo.png

Love seeing all of the pics of you ladies and your families!

It is my v-day too! Here is my bump pic for today!

Attachments

• IMG-20120824-00027.jpg
    IMG-20120824-00027.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1
Lovely bumps ladies! Isn't it amazing that we are all comparing bumps? Not that long ago we were comparing morning sickness!! Before we know it it'll be birth stories and baby photos!!

Does anyone else get mixed feelings and apprehension from time to time? I have the odd 'what have we done' moment! Wondered if anyone else does?!

I also wonder how many if the 149 that have joined the link still keep posting here?

Beautiful Bumps ladies! And congrats on all the vdays:happydance:

What a nice thought Toothfairie, us all showing off our babies! Think we should do a compition to see who can get the cutest first Christmas baby grow!! And another Hogmany one for the babies who are stubborn and come late lol.

Loving seeing everyone's family photos, good to know who we talk to every day :thumbup:

I've been reading and loving seeing everyones pictures! I have some posted in my journal (linked below).

Today I finally hit my pre-pregnancy weight after losing so much in the first tri. I have a feeling I'm going to see the number come and go because LO seems to be growing like crazy this past week.

Lovely bumps ladies and happy (belated!) v-days to those of you who have reached 24 weeks!

Toothfairy I feel that nervous, apprehensive feeling loads :haha: usually when DD is being a total nightmare and I wonder how I'll cope with her and a newborn!! I'm starting to think more about the birth too, and wondering if I'll get to go naturally this time or if I'll have to be induced again - not wanting the latter!

Lolly I'm so glad you said that. I was starting to think it was just me. I am 40 next month and have a 14 and 16 year old. My hubby is 40 and has a 17 year old. This is our first and only one together and is like starting again with such huge age gaps. Our teenagers are rarely at home with busy social lives and other parents to stay with. It's been just ne and hubby for 9 years and we have got used to that. I'm scared of the chane and of doing it all again but lots older! I think I have more patience this time but will I when he is here?? Hubby is over flowing with enthusiasm for when baby is here even if he isn't taking as much interest in the pregnancy as I would like!!

Awww typical man then! My OH is similar, I have to tell/remind him about my appointments, or how far along I am! It'll be much more different once baby is here though :) I think it really doesn't actually hit them until they see the baby pop out! It must be strange but in an amazing way doing it all again? Like a totally new experience? I only had DD in 2010 but have already forgotten a lot about what birth is like, and when I started feeling kicks and rolls again they weren't as I expected if that makes sense!?

Awww typical man then! My OH is similar, I have to tell/remind him about my appointments, or how far along I am! It'll be much more different once baby is here though :) I think it really doesn't actually hit them until they see the baby pop out! It must be strange but in an amazing way doing it all again? Like a totally new experience? I only had DD in 2010 but have already forgotten a lot about what birth is like, and when I started feeling kicks and rolls again they weren't as I expected if that makes sense!?

Yes it is strange doing it all again! I'd completely forgotten how it all feels. We had said never any more kids then just decided to go for it last September. We allowed only 6 months of trying too! Then we would not try anymore with us being older. This is the 3rd pregnancy after miscarriages at 5 and 7 weeks. It was the last month trying too!!!!

Fate :) maybe you'll want another in a couple of years time as a playmate for your little boy :winkwink: lol!

Funny you should say that but after the heartache of the miscarriages then horrific morning sickness until 18 wks I was planning to get my tubes tied if by any chance I needed a section, but now Im not sure I'd do it!!!

Been trying to have a lie down as I've got headache but as I lay I got really breathless. Made me panic a bit and got claustrophobic like baby squashing my lungs?!

Toothfairy your so not alone in your feelings.... Like Lolly I have days when dd2 is exhausting and I think oh what have I done thinking we should throw another one into the mix, but then I have so many moments when I look at her and think Omg I am so lucky to be having another baby! It still staggers me how quickly they grow up too! I am 39 and will be 40 close to birth so I also understand the concerns regarding age, most my friends are having their first babies around late 30's so it's becoming such a "normal" thing to do now which is comforting and there was a study on the news the other night that stated older mum have healthy and more intelligent children (not sure if this is true but it's nice for older mums to get a good wrap for once:))

I also got tge breathless thing yesterday, like I couldn't get a deeper enough breath, think it is the lungs being squished.

V day today!! Yippee....x

Excuse the horrible formatting here - I was typing my responses in Word since I had so much to catch up on!!

I've been getting this ache in my left leg, not so much a cramp though. Anyone else have this? I think i've been sleeping on my left too much and all that extra weight (gained 10kg) might be crushing my left leg.

Definitely know what you mean. I’ve been dealing throbbing aches in my hips/legs while sleep for several weeks now. It’s beyond annoying. Most nights, I can’t sleep comfortably on either side. Instead, I make a mountain of pillows each night, and sleep mostly sitting up. Every now and then I’ll go back to sleeping flat on one side, and then halfway through the night, I’m rebuilding my pillow mountain so I can get some real sleep!

Girls who are planning to breastfeed, are you going to a class or just reading up on it? I want to be prepared x
Ocean, you can never have too much information but I do think breastfeeding is learned rather than taught. X

Ocean, I am planning to breastfeed at least a year, maybe longer, but I haven’t done a ton up front to prepare. I know I’ll have the support of our midwife to establish breastfeeding after the birth, so I think I’ll be relying on her guidance at first. I also have my mom, MIL, and SILs to help me with any questions. I plan to get some books, but probably won’t have a chance to read them until after baby comes -- possibly while he or she is on the boob and I can’t do anything but read or watch TV anyway! I think Munch is totally right though in that breastfeeding is a technical skill that will be learned a lot better with a real life baby to practice with, rather than reading (although I know I’ll be bookmarking and reading through a few online resources as well as possibly taking a one-day breastfeeding class at our birth center. But I know I can’t truly ‘get’ it until after there’s a real live baby there to help me figure out my way. In the meantime, I’m telling myself that it might be difficult, but it will be so worth it and I will just need to stick through the initial learning curve period until both baby and I figure it out together.

Is anyone having multiple showers?

I think I’ll be having at least two (possibly a third with work, but I’m new there, and would understand if my co-workers didn’t throw one). I’d originally seen myself having just one shower, hopefully casual and co-ed, like a cookout or barbeque or something. But I never felt comfortable throwing those ideas out there, or attempting to plan/thrown my own shower, so I just decided to wait and see what developed. I think my MIL is throwing one for DH’s side of the family, and possibly some of my friends, and I think my mom is planning one with my sister. I’m honestly nervous about them. I feel incredibly guilty about stuff like that – like it’s a gift grab. And all the attention just makes me feel awkward. I also get self-conscious about the things I add to my registry, but I’m forcing myself to do my research and NOT put anything on there that I don’t really want. If people don’t want to buy them for the us, then I’m totally okay buying things for myself (although DH isn’t letting me buy anything until we’ve given everyone we know a chance to gift or let us borrow things so it’s going to be a while before I get free range to go shopping for anything we still don’t have).

DH is still waiting to feel her and he is getting anxious. He loves to touch and kiss my big belly though. It's so sweet!!!

My DH isn’t anxious per se, but I think it’s definitely a little disappointed that he hasn’t been able to feel the baby yet. I’m almost 26 weeks! The one time he thought he felt something (it was late at night and he was half-asleep), he second guessed it the next day, and hasn’t been able to feel anything since. Part of it is that the baby stops moving whenever DH puts his hand on my belly, but the other part is that DH is never patient enough to just keep his hand there and wait. A small part is also that even if DH gets a direct kick right to hand, he still can’t seem to feel it, even if the kicks feel really strong to me. So I’m still waiting for that to happen for DH. Anyone else’s DH not feeling the baby yet?

I have those days as well. Especially when people tell me how huge I am and their eyes pop out of their heads when I tell them I'm not due until December.

[FONT=&quot]I think the fact is that most people – myself included -- have absolutely no idea how far into pregnancy a woman is just by looking at her, but many feel the need to make a comment anyway. Usually they’re being totally friendly and mean no harm, but still, they usually are totally wrong in their estimate. Around 20 weeks, a man in the elevator asked if I was having triplets – I couldn’t tell if he was joking or not, but hoping so! Today, DH and I were out walking the trail, and a woman asked if we were out trying to ‘walk the baby out.’ I’m only 25 weeks! It’s going to be interesting to hear what else gets said over the next few months.
[FONT=&quot]
How is everyone progressing with their nursery?

We are slowly getting underway. Working on repainting a dresser that used to belong to my DH when he was little. We recently bought a crib and will put that together when the dresser is done. We also got a new guestbed, since the nursery will double as a guest room – we need to get mattresses for the bed and crib. Then the rest is just decorating and that’s the part I’m looking forward to most! We’re going with bright gender neutral colors in blue, green and orange, since we’re still on Team Yellow/Green, and I keep having to remind myself not to buy thing in those colors quite yet since the nursery is still a disaster with all the things we still have left to do for the dresser, crib and guestbed.[/FONT][/FONT]

i keep getting breathless when i lay on my back scares me a little as soon as i get into bed now i turn onto my left, but when i wake up in the morning Ive thrown my pregnancy pillow on the floor and i am on my belly usually get a few kicks of annoyance of baby for it but i find it hurts yet nothing works to stop me sleeping that way..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->