*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Morning ladies! Sorry for the moaning last night. Feeling physically better today. Just at the hospital for GTT. Have had my first bloods and the drink. Just killing time now until next test in 2 hours!

Last night was the worst ever!!!! me and dh didnt get any sleep what so ever from the min i got into bed my hips and back started aching and i mean aching so much i was in tears in the end my hubby got up at 3.15 so i could try and get some sleep which i didnt then my girls were back at school this morning... what a night!! i really can not wait till november

Happy 27 weeks toothfairy! Welcome to 3rd tri :)

Sorry you had a bad night mummyof2girlz :hugs: do you have one of those body pillows? I've heard they are supposed to be great. I'm starting to get uncomfortable at night and am thinking of getting one.

I took my kindle with me to my GTT and got lost in my book, the 2 hours flew by!

Big (but gentle) :hugs: to all the ladies feeling sensitive and in pain.
Im right there with you, my PGP is playing up something rotten and I now have pain in my coccyx which means sitting or lying down is painful, standing is ok but then everything swells up! Just cant win at the mo lol.
Had my GTT this morning, wasnt anywhere near as bad as I was expecting thankfully and jsut stuffed my face for lunch :haha: Now just waiting for the results to come back.
28 weeks today yaaay finally feeling im in the final stretch. 8 more weeks in work only 4 more till I can drop down to part time. Not that im counting down or anything :happydance:

Ichisan

I feel your pain! Hugs back and congratulations on the 28 weeks.

I am back from my GTT and I agree with you that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I expected to be all weak and dizzy but the glucose drink is so packed full of sugar it keeps you going.

I am right with you on the counting down too.....to pass my time waiting during GTT I marked the days down in my diary that I still have to work! I have dropped to 3 days a week from this week and only have 25 working days until I finish!!:happydance:

hey all.. i took m 23 week bump picon friday when i turned 23 weeks a lil late updating. bt first pic is from 22 weeks and second one is 23 weeks. i have gotten bigger in just one week. anywho im doig good just extremely exhausterd. Ella is cuting her first tooth finally after 9 1/2 months lol!!

Attachments

• bump 22 weeks.jpg
    bump 22 weeks.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Bump 23 weeks.jpg
    Bump 23 weeks.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 2
Fab bump pics bbygurl!

GL to all the ladies taking their GTT test. Fingers crossed for great results!

Happy 28 weeks Ichisan!

Mummy - I have so many nights like that now too. Last night I thought I would claw DH's eyes out if he so much as thought he was going to touch me. I was so miserable and had to sleep with a heating pad on my back. My boppy pillow just isn't doing at any more. Between my back and my hips, the pain can be so bad. I can't imagine how I'll get along as I get bigger.

Happy 27 weeks/3rd Tri Toothfairy! It's surreal that we're in 3rd tri - not too long to go now.

I may be being thick here but what is GTT and why do I know nothing about it?

Also, toothfairy I think I have psd, I am in so much pain that sometimes I can't even walk without putting some pressure on my pelvic area, Also I get shooting pains in my inner thigh, but only one and not the other? Anyone had any treatment for this? I'm going to get a docs appointment later in the week if the pain persists, sounds quite blunt but basically my lady bits hurt all day long!!!

Also, toothfairy I think I have psd, I am in so much pain that sometimes I can't even walk without putting some pressure on my pelvic area, Also I get shooting pains in my inner thigh, but only one and not the other? Anyone had any treatment for this? I'm going to get a docs appointment later in the week if the pain persists, sounds quite blunt but basically my lady bits hurt all day long!!!

Fifi the GTT is the glucose tolerance test to test for gestational diabetes. In the UK you fast from 10pm then go for bloods early the next morning and are given a glucose drink to drink. You then sit 2 hours and then they take more blood. It is done at about 28 wks I think so maybe you don't need one?

I feel the same with the SPD like the lady bits hurt all day, by the end of the day it all feels swollen too. My joint at the front keeps cracking! I had this 14 years ago with my last kid and treatment was physio and like a huge strong elastic girdle that strapped round my hips to hold it all tight. I have been referred to physio again this time by midwife although haven't heard anything yet and has been 2 weeks. She said they mostly just give you exercises these days. To be honest I get the feeling there isn't a lot to help and the baby will be here before I see physio!!!!!! The only thing that helps me is sleeping with a pillow between knees tucked right up to support swollen feeling lady bits. Sorry if TMI!!!

Happy 28 weeks Ichisan!

Beautiful bump bbygurl, and you really have popped in just a week :shock: amazing!

Fifi - you won't be offered the GTT in the UK unless you're BMI is high, you've had gestational diabetes before or you have a close family member who suffers from diabetes :flower:

Well i was sooo peeved after last night i went to see my doctor who said its almost certainly spd ive already had all the physio and the belly brace which have done nothing! She wanted me to get fitted for crutches and now having to take 8 paracetamol a day.. she did all my baby checks as well and i hadnt noticed but ive been scratching soo badly my skin on my belly and boobs is bright red and raw :dohh: also my veins are very pronounced on my legs which ive never had nor noticed before plus they ache so that has to be watched im measuring 31 weeks baby is head down and low was all she said :wacko: she told me she would contact my midwife who was not in today and get her to phone me as i may have to have another scan before my one thats due in a month :shrug: she stated very sternly that i need to be resting or i will end up in hospital to be made to rest wouldnt mind but ive been doing exactly that any excuse to sit on my back side!! im on 4 weeks leave and my mat starts on the 10th of sep... anyone any ideas?? as both my other pregnancy's were so easy and i only felt uncomfortable in the last 4-5 weeks..

Hey guys! We've finally moved into our new home (though the unpacking/organizing is a huge job!). It'll be a few more days of hard work before it's all done, but it's so amazing to be in our own place! Baby is doing well, lots of jumping around in there! Though I feel bad that I've been so busy and working so hard I tend to forget she's in there till I try to reach something and my bump is in the way, lol! Can't wait to catch up with you all!

Fifi the GTT is the glucose tolerance test to test for gestational diabetes. In the UK you fast from 10pm then go for bloods early the next morning and are given a glucose drink to drink. You then sit 2 hours and then they take more blood. It is done at about 28 wks I think so maybe you don't need one?

I feel the same with the SPD like the lady bits hurt all day, by the end of the day it all feels swollen too. My joint at the front keeps cracking! I had this 14 years ago with my last kid and treatment was physio and like a huge strong elastic girdle that strapped round my hips to hold it all tight. I have been referred to physio again this time by midwife although haven't heard anything yet and has been 2 weeks. She said they mostly just give you exercises these days. To be honest I get the feeling there isn't a lot to help and the baby will be here before I see physio!!!!!! The only thing that helps me is sleeping with a pillow between knees tucked right up to support swollen feeling lady bits. Sorry if TMI!!!

Spd psd!! You knew what I was talking about!! It got so bad last night that I could hardly walk, yet this morning I feel so much better after a good nights sleep, I'm sure by the end of the day I'll be walking like I'm 93 years old again though!! Think I'll try and take it a bit easy over the next few days but being a childminder and having 3 kids of my own already, this is no easy task, luckily the big 2 are back at school now after the summer break, phew

Quite glad I don't appear to have to partake in the GTT test, fingers crossed it stays that way!!

And to top it all off, I have no kitchen, we ripped it out at the weekend and the new one isn't being fitted till next week, got the floor tiles being laid this morning so it's making progress, I know that it'll be fantastic once it's finished but the upheaval during the process is a nightmare, especially trying to feed a family of 5 with no cooker!!!! Think the local takeaway will know us by first names by the end of this!!!!!

omg i know what you mean about the sore lady bits with SPD! Yesterday in the car we went over a bump and i was in agony with it! And if your physio is anything like mine, they give you some exercises and crutches and send you on your way. Its a bit pants really! Im having to take cocodamol for the pain, but that just knocks me out so I cant do anything if I do take it! And its getting much worse the further along I get :( :wacko: rant lol

Mummyof2girlz :hugs:I'm so sorry everything so hard for you at the minute. Im sorry I don't have any suggestions to help just wanted to give you :hugs:

I can't believe there are so many here with spd, I don't have it(thankfully) but I'm sorry your all in such pain all the time.

Juless glad your in your new house :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->