*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I have no birth plan. Just going with the flow and hoping baby comes out healthy and safely as natural as possible although I'm not going to deny myself an epidural if needed.

GenY good luck with the GTT. I passed mine and was very surprised because I thought something would surely go wrong. I'm still worried about my bp with all of my stress and hormonal crying and anger but each time I go to the OB they tell me it's nice and low (not when i go in for scans though...:shrug:). I'm also happy to report (cause I'm not sure if I did on this thread before) that I only gained 1 lb this month! The doctor grunted and groaned at me last month because he claims I gained 8 lbs last month (I personally think his scale is off by 2 lb and I had a very full bladder at the weigh in) so ultimately I guess that made up for it! I've gained about 15 lbs so far!:blush: I'm just hoping to keep it under 25 and I'll be happy!

I"m having an ok day today. No outbursts yet. I tossed and turned all night but I slept well inbetween wake ups because I'm not exhausted. I'm peeing a bit less lately because I think baby is up off of my bladder the past few days. I'm also feeling her kick A LOT for the past 4 days. I hope she stays that way because my doctor is having me count kicks from 28 weeks on. Is anyone else starting to count or is my doctor just old fashioned? :shrug:

Anyhow I hope everyone is doing well!

Chloe - re flying, I heard no flying after 36 weeks due to risk of early labor. I am flying Oct 10th timeframe but I will be around 31 weeks then. I would discuss w your dr because ultimately they decide if you can fly. My dr also says to wear compression stockings while flying.

@ImSoTired I do kick counts now just for the fun of it because sometimes baby is so active.

OT: any ladies around a Nordstrom rack might want to check this out. I was walking by the window today and saw a display of Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bags. I've been drooling over this brand for the last month or so but knew I could never justify the price of one. They had some last season colors and I was able to pick up a bag discounted at just over 60%. I'm so excited right now!!!

I failed my 1 hour GTT :( Has anyone else?? This means I have to go in for a 3 hour test. I have none of the risk factors for gestational diabetes, so I don't know what's up with my results. I'm worried now!!

I know its hard but try not to worry about it too much. I recently read a load of posts on ladies who failed the 1 hour test and had to do the three hour test and they were all clear after that.
I didn't have an option for a one hour test. I just did the three hour one. It was a pain being poked and prodded so many times but overall not so bad.

Chloe seriously don't worry. I failed mine last pregnancy and passed 3 hour. The path nurse said she doesn't even know why they fo this 1 hour test as most women fail it. This pregnancy my ob sent me straight for 3 hour test and didn't bother with 1 hour...

Lovely pic Toothfairy, what a beautiful face!

Chloe - I didn't have a waterbirth last time. I was induced a couple of weeks early with high BP and my labour was pretty quick and painful, so I opted for an epidural. FX'd this time I won't need an induction and can get my waterbirth :D I hope your 3hr GTT goes better, no advice as we just have the standard 2hr test for all over here :hugs:

toothfairy - Glad the scan went well hun, and the pic is lovely! He looks so cute :) x

Hey snowflakes :) just got back from holiday in Cyprus, was very hot and I was tired a lot of the time but I managed to plow on and relax by the beach! :)

Had my v day!

Congrats to all the 4d scans, I definitely want one now! And congrats to all those in 3rd tri now! My bump def grew on holiday! X

Thanks for the nice comments girls!

Ocean I'm glad you had a good hol. Welcome back!

I'm not feeling too good today. In fact I've felt like this for a few days really. I suddenly seem to have been smacked in the face with exhaustion. I am so tired and drained. Like I haven't slept for days!!! I've gotta work tomorrow and don't know how I'll cope!

Is anyone else feeling like this? Do you think this is normal??

Welcome back Ocean. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Congrats on Vday as well!!!

Toothfairy- I'm not sure that my fatigue ever went away. It has been my constant symptom throughout the pregnancy. I'm always exhausted. Lately it does seem worse, and the lack of sleep/getting comfortable is only making it that much worse. But I do feel kinda blah - slightly nausea too at times. Oh well, I just think of it as me getting ready to be up non-stop with baby.

Welcome back ocean :hi: glad you had a lovely, relaxing holiday! And happy v-day for last week :yipee:

My fatigue comes and goes, it's hard to keep up with it at times. Insomnia is killing me at the moment though, I'm not getting to sleep until 3-4am and even then it's a crappy nights sleep :( DD often lies in until 9am so that's not too bad. She's recently decided she no longer requires an afternoon nap though which is a shame as I'd often catch a few winks with her :haha: I have awful headache tonight. It's been pretty warm today so that might be why, I'm not feeling 100% though x

Welcome back Ocean, glad you had a relaxing hol... Lucky girl :)

Lolly, that's a bummer re Amber and giving up her day time sleeps. My dd2 Freya is still having hers and I have a Nanna nap at the same time which gets me through the day :) Although sleeping till 9 is amazing!

Last night I tossed and turned with a sore hip. I think it was from all the gardening we did yesterday.

Bit of personal question I guess, but as we are one one income things can get a little tight after mortgage is paid and it seems we are now living from pay to pay each month with very little in reserve if any. I get stressed about future education for children and how we are going to afford things like holidays. We live in a very comfortable 5 bed house with huge backyard and I drive a brand new SUV so I shouldn't be complaining but without 2 incomes it's very difficult.... Sorry for essay, it's just stressing me today :(

Just realised I didn't even ask the question in above post.... Just wondering if any one else is in the same boat and does anyone have any tips for stretching money coming in? Xx

Sorry you're stressed munch. I feel the same and this is my first! We have to move by next month and haven't found anywhere yet, that's stressing me out a bit.

I'm sure you will be ok. Could you lower your food bills by buying in bulk and cooking less and freezing more? Maybe sit down with your dh and go through your budget and outgoings and see if you could cut down on anything x

Munch we are pretty much in the same situation, so I know how hard it is :hugs: I'm still in the process of figuring out what can be done to help us save as much money as possible. For us, we spend so much a week on food shopping it's unbelievable and this is where I'm mainly looking at cutting down. I'm trying to spend less on meat and veg/fruit at the supermarket as it's so overpriced, and go to my local butcher and markets instead. I've already saved a bundle by buying mostly preloved things for this baby. I bargain hunt online too, see what kinds of discounts and stuff I can get from various sites :) x

Thanks ladies, good tips. I know food shopping is the big blow out. We live in Melbourne, which one most liveable city this year but also one of the most expensive, more so than London and New York! It's seriously rediculous how much things cost.... That being said I love it here and would never move.

Ocean I hope you find something soon, that would be stressful. I think your in London if I remember? My siblings live there and I know how hard they have found it but something has always come up for them.

I think there are a lot of sacrifices one has to make to be a stay at home mum, but I wouldn't want it any other way and it's not forever :) Xx

I think those worries are natural with a new baby on the way. We have two incomes and I still have those worries as we have many financial obligations - especially DH's child support for his 3 sons. That's a huge chunk of his money. And we don't even own a home yet, which was our wish to have by the end of this year, but no go :( We are trying to cut back, but need to do much better. I spend a lot of money on food between eating out and doing groceries. I also pay my university tuition out of pocket and have also had to take on my little sisters as well. I get short of breath thinking about the cost of child care - I truly wish I could be a SAHM for the first 3-4 years. One thing you might consider is to clip coupons - really, clip them. Double up on the coupons and buy in bulk where possible. DH and I need to sit down and do our budget again. Things have changed so much since we last did it.

Munch I'm also pretty worried about money. I haven't worked in over a year and DH and I have been living on his income. Just he and I get along well on one income but I'm worried about what will happen when baby comes. Especially with hospital bills and buying everything baby needs. Hopefully DH had a raise coming up but even that won't do much as we'll have to add baby on the health insurance. It's all just very overwhelming but we'll make due. People make due with less all of the time and we will somehow make it work.I'm sure you will too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->