*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

We have a friend who has moved over to Australia (Brisbane) and he tells us how much more expensive it is over there.

I really need to start doing budgets and meal planning and such, but I'm hopeless!

I know it's already been answered Munch, but DH and I are in the same boat. He still hasn't been able to find a job which is stressing us out. We said we weren't spending any money in September except for on bills. This is really hard to do since I work at a university and have about 15 restaurants at my disposal to choose from for lunch everyday. We've been making big crockpot meals and eating lots of leftovers. Plus we shop at a wholesale grocery store so the meat we buy is really cheap and we just freeze everything.

Some stores give registry completion discounts. So amazon.com gives 10% and I've only put things on there that I don't think others will buy for me due to price (carseat and crib mattress) and will be able to get an extra discount on those soon because I set my due date to October so I could have them ready sooner. I feel better about saving money this way and everything else has been purchased second hand, including cloth diapers.

Thanks for the insight ladies. I feel bad stressing about it as they are 1st world problems and a lot of you seem to have other issues which we don't have. I guess everyone is intitled to stress from time to time.

We don't have coupons over this way, not like you do in the US.

Anyway girls I realise how lucky we are and wouldn't trade places for the world.

Besides not long to our darling babies are here and everything will seem so insignificant, at least for a while ;) x

I have to tell myself all the time that there's many more worse off than me out there, but of course we are all allowed to wallow and feel self pity at times!

Time really is flying by now. It started to slow down a bit for me between 20-25 weeks. I think that was down to no scans to look forward to :haha: I have to keep pinching myself that I'll have a beautiful newborn in just over 2.5 months, to make sure it's all real!

Lolly...I was pinching myself today too! I will be having this bubs early so I have only 12 more weeks. It sounds so short to me and I know that it is going to fly by! I can't wait and yet it feels so unreal at this point! :)

We have been worrying about money too...I think it is common for all families. I was planning on working until the end of November but now the little boy I take care of is going to another daycare in 3 weeks so I have 2 months off. It is blessing in disguise bc I think I will need the time to rest and go to dr. appts (my bi-weekly NST/hospital visits start this week) but we were really depending on that income coming in so now we are living on a budget. Sigh...life can be so complicated but I am not going to let it get me down! :)

I know how you all feel! We just bought our first home, very inexpensive place, but it's still stressful since my husband just started his job. He's at the starting salary and will be getting raises (they love him there so he'll probally be making quite a bit more in a few years!) so we're worried, but know that in a few years things will get easier. Still, we are nervous about making the bills each month, especially since we haven't really gotten any yet so aren't sure what to expect for electrical, etc. We'll make do I suppose! I am a sahm too, so single income. Luckily we get our "family allowance" from the government, which for me is $400/child so I'll be getting in $800 come December! That will be a big help... but then again DH's student loan needs to be getting paid then, oh geez!

As for time flying by, I find that now it's slowing down! I guess being crazy busy the last few months has really helped it go by! Now I'm getting super excited and anxious for her to be ready to come out!!

I'm a little disappointed today. I had another visit with the doctor today. It was supposed to be for blood tests again but I never ended up having those. She sent me for a scan and has now pushed my due date back by two weeks. So instead of being due on the 8th of December I'm now due on the 21st December :( Please can you update me!

I'm mostly disappointed because when I started seeing this doctor I argued with her about my due date and she insisted it was early December so eventually I accepted what she said and I got all excited this past weekend to hit the third trimester and now I have to do it all over again! And I have to be a stupid eggplant for another 3 weeks!!!!!

My scan was also disappointing because over here you can't watch the screen while they are doing it and they didn't even print a picture where I can see the baby. Usually my DH goes with me and he films it so I can watch afterwards but he isn't able to get the time off work anymore. I'm going for a detailed scan on Friday so I am hoping for something better!

Sorry for my long rant!

Bean - sorry you had such a disappointing visit! Good thing for the upcoming scan to cheer you up :flower:

Munch - don't feel bad about worrying about money to keep up the life that you have! You shouldn't be expected to move or feel silly about your concerns! DH and I have two incomes now, but back when I was in graduate school we were really tight for money. We did our food shopping at the cheapest store we could find, and used markets for fresh fruit/veg when we could. We also only ate out once a month, but made sure we enjoyed a decently nice meal, as a reward for sticking to our budget. We reduced our cable options on TV to save too, and just got Netflix instead. I found we actually did a lot more fun things together when our entertainment budget was small...like going on hikes, picnics in the park, etc. Good luck!

I feel like an idiot...was very hormonal last evening and was upset at my mom for something (not huge, more annoying than anything)...ended up sending a rude (not terribly) email I definitely should have waited to write until I was calmed down. I went to write another one just now (its 3am!) to apologize but she'd already seen the first one and written back a very short two sentance response. :dohh: I apologized anyway, but now I'll probably be all emotional and anxious over this too. :wacko: I hate that the mood swings have come back so strong...

Bean..... sorry you have been pushed back a couple of week. Why don't docs listen to us in the first place.

Gen..... I seem to have been hit hard by emotions again. It seems even worse as I know I should be cherishing every day of pregnancy!! I just end up feeling bad that I feel bad!!!!

Just feeling really tired lately. Baby is moving around but she has been much quieter than she had been. I think perhaps it is a growth spurt because I am getting a lot of stretching pains as well the past few days. I really need a burst of energy so I'm just waiting for one to get a few more things done. I can't believe I'll be having a baby so soon! Still feels a bit unreal! I can't wait to meet her!

It seems like the minute I hit third try exhaustion has come back with a vengence! I feel like I can hardly function!
Also, got my date for my c-section, which I will most likely have unless this little one decides to come early, then I will try a vaginal birth. This is all unless my sizing scan at 35 weeks shows that I have a little baby in there. Chances are unlikely of that happening though, lol!!

It seems like the minute I hit third try exhaustion has come back with a vengence! I feel like I can hardly function!
Also, got my date for my c-section, which I will most likely have unless this little one decides to come early, then I will try a vaginal birth. This is all unless my sizing scan at 35 weeks shows that I have a little baby in there. Chances are unlikely of that happening though, lol!!

Juless I think we are all starting to feel tired now. I was just like you at the weekend. Felt like I couldn't function! So what day is your section? Is it because you have had a big baby before?

It will be Dec.3rd. Ya, my first girl was 11lb10oz!

wow. yaye Juless. 11lbs, OMG, that's frightening for me. Call me a chicken!

And yes, this is a whole nother level of fatigued. I could barely get out out of the bed for work yesterday. And this is after doing almost nothing the entire weekend!

Officially in 3rd tri now but also officially suffering with SPD, been referred for physio but it could take 4 weeks to come through,

And we've got the kitchen fitters in, all's going well and fingers crossed I'll have a beautiful new kitchen in a few days, it's been a long time coming and I'm more excited than a kiddie at Christmas!!!

Has anyone experienced both a water birth and a normal delivery? I have had 3 normal deliveries but this time I'm hoping for a water birth, but I've no idea what it will be like compared to previous births, although I'm hoping by being in water I might avoid the burning ring of fire when the head finally comes out!!!

Fifi I have been referred to physio for SPD 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing yet!!!!! We'll have had them by the time we hear anything!

I fancied a water birth until I read that you if you poo in labour it floats in the pool and they have to fish it out with a little net just for that purpose!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

True on the poop thing - I saw it happen to a friend who did a water birth. She still loved it and though dreaded the possibility beforehand, couldn't be arsed to be embarrassed once her baby boy arrived!

I fancied a water birth until I read that you if you poo in labour it floats in the pool and they have to fish it out with a little net just for that purpose!!!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl:

I am DYING over this! I never would have thought about that aspect of it. :rofl: I had romanticized the idea in my head, though not an option at the hospital where I am delivering. Poo during labor is my worst nightmare, but having my baby be born into it?! yuck

I know!!!!!!! Especially if it's loose as it often is I'm labour?!!!!

Sorry girls! Did I go to far?? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->