*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I lost 9 pounds in the first trimester and since then I've gained 13 pounds. So technically I've gained 4 pounds from my pre-preg weight. I'm really hoping to keep my weight gain in the normal range because I'm dreading getting it all off again!!

I'm off for a detailed scan this afternoon. I'm really nervous - especially because I have to go all alone! I have chosen to not have any of the other forms of testing for d/s etc so I'm really hoping I don't regret going for this scan.

Speaking of weight… Has anyone started to wake up in the middle of the night hungry again? I did this a bunch around 8 to 10 weeks, but it started up again this week! Not helpful for sleep or weight gain!

Ugg. I'm depressed about my weight gain but like you said I'm hoping I'll be able to bf and also get back to being active and dieting when baby is here. I do sometimes wake up hungry in the middle of the night. Luckily it isn't every night just once in a blue moon and I'll have to go down to the kitchen and get a snack. Today I actually ate 2 donuts which I am ashamed of:blush: but I just wanted them so badly?! I told DH that it's ok if he sees it as grounds for divorce but he seems to think it's alright. :shrug: I'm not sure it looks like I've put on 15-20 lbs either and if it does it's looks like it's all in my belly (even though I know some is in my butt and thighs:dohh:)

Omg most of you have hardly put on any weight! Jealous as! I think I am way up 25 to 30 range but stopped weighing myself as it would ruin my day! Just have to be in mind set that there will be some really hard work to do post baby. I wished I had morning sickness in a way, I get nothing but increased appetite from as soon as those two lines appear, not even a twinge of nausea! Silly thing to wish for I know....

Gotta agree with Gen Y, lady garden is hilarious Lolly!

Gen Y, yes I wake up to go to toilet and some times can't get back to sleep with rumbly tummy. I try to stop it with water and if that doesn't work I have some milk or low fat yoghurt drink.....

I have gained around 10-13 pounds this time around but my first pregnancy I gained 80!!!!!!!! And I didn't do one thing differently...Goes to show that every pregnancy is different and you body will do what it wants. Although my first pregnancy I wasn't worried at all about my weight but now this pregnancy I am...so crazy!

Have my first bi-weekly NST tomorrow! I am actually quite nervous...Last time I had a NST I found out my little boy had passed. I hope that the nerves leading up to the actual test are the bad part and I don't have a breakdown. It is his first birthday on the 26th and am feeling quite sad and unsure about it. I am not sure how I am going to handle it at all.

Hi girls!!! I'm back in the hungry phase again too! Ate 3 ginger biscuits last night before bed I was so hungry!!

I've put on about 8lb so far. Am very happy with this as I am already a couple of stone over ideal weight and uk 16/18. Being 40 in 2 wks I had to try be careful with weight gain. I put on 3 to 3 1/2 stone with my first 2! Hoping not to pile it on in these last weeks!

I keep thinking I'm further along than I actually am sometimes??! I sort of think if myself as heavily pregnant and almost there...... Then remember how many weeks I've actually got left!!!!! :-(

weighed myself this morning and ive only put on 3.25lbs since before being pregnant, which is brilliant for me as my BMI is really high so they dont want me putting on too much :) Hoping I dont pile it on in the 3rd tri though!

you have all done really well weight wise i have no idea! Have not weighted my self once i reckon Its over 28 lb i look huge even my face and arms are bigger. I wake up middle of the night starving wake up in the morning the same my stomach feels hollow Its painful i am hoping that having three children will get the weight off running around after them.... Good luck krippy not sure what a nst is tho am sure all will be well!

Hi ladies! It has been so easy to forget about the site between nursing school and being pregnant! It sounds like everyone is doing great with their weight gain! I am thankful to be up only 2lb so.far! I weigh 180 lb though.....so I'm not itty bitty by any means! Baby is doing good :o)!!! I have a friend that gave birth to her December snowflake yesterday.....he's doing good thankfully! She was 27 weeks, and baby is 2lb5 15 ounces! I don't know what I would do if my water broke right now like hers did!

Happy almost/third trimester to all!!!

Yeh I forgot to mention my BMI was high beforehand, so the less weight I gain the better!

Hahaha I'm glad you all like lady garden :rofl: that's one of my more politer terms for it!!

LvMyHsbnd - Oh your poor friend :( I hope her baby continues to thrive and grows big & strong :hugs:

I'm off to a holiday park today, just us 3 and we are staying until Monday. Lots to do, and the circus will be there too so really looking forward to it!

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all have lovely weekends x

I think I've put on at least 20lbs so far. A lot, but still better than last preg! I was so sick for the first few months I could barely eat, think that helped! Just now starting to get that hungry all the time thing going.
Krippy, hope you aren't too nervous for your NST! I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

I have gained around 10-13 pounds this time around but my first pregnancy I gained 80!!!!!!!! And I didn't do one thing differently...Goes to show that every pregnancy is different and you body will do what it wants. Although my first pregnancy I wasn't worried at all about my weight but now this pregnancy I am...so crazy!

Have my first bi-weekly NST tomorrow! I am actually quite nervous...Last time I had a NST I found out my little boy had passed. I hope that the nerves leading up to the actual test are the bad part and I don't have a breakdown. It is his first birthday on the 26th and am feeling quite sad and unsure about it. I am not sure how I am going to handle it at all.

:hugs: I know it's hard.......buts it's to help baby, to make sure he/she doing good, so they can intervene if required. I get nervous with dopplers, for same reason when they used them in my last pregnancy no heart beat was found (except mine, stupid midwife). It's petrifying. Just think how lovely it will be to hear LOs heartbeat :hugs: Are you doing anything for RJs birthday?

Oh krippy and baby bell. Pregnancy is worrying enought for the rest of us but must be very stressful for you girls. Not long til you'll be cuddling your little Christmas puddings!

Love to you both xx

Thinking of you Krippy... Good luck and stay strong x

I have gained 13 lbs. Im trying to stay in a healthy range and gain only about 25 total. After gaining 40-50lbs my first two pregencies, I just know how hard it was to take the weight off. So this time I have passed on brownies and ice cream....everynight.

I am purchasing my baby monitor on amazon, because we have a gift card. Does anyone know if there are coupon codes that I can use for amazon.com? I would love to save a little more! :)

Thanks!

Have you created an Amazon Baby Registry? Also, have you joined Amazon Mom? If you join before September 15 on September 17 you'll get a code for 20% off a lot of items. You can go to the Amazon Mom site and see the preview for everything that will be eligible for the 20% off code.

I created a registry of the things I knew I was specifically buying for myself. I set my due date to October and I have it set to private so no one can search for it. Your registry has to be active for 10 days, but within 30 days of your "due date" and 60 days after you can use a 10% completion code on anything from your registry if it's sold by Amazon. So that's what I'm doing for big things like mattress and car seat.

Thanks for the tip. I'm just wondering if you've had to enter a credit card # to subscribe? Because it says that it's free for 3 months and then it is $79 a month after that. I'm just wondering if they'll give me a hard time when I un-subscribe to avoid the $79 a month because they already have my cc# or is that something they'll give me the option to deny when the trial 3 months is up? That's why I haven't done it yet.

I registered for Prime a while ago so the $79 charge really didn't apply to me. But I do know that I when I signed up I had a month free and Amazon makes it really easy for you to go into your settings and opt out of being billed automatically at the end of the month, which I did when I was on free trial but a few months later decided I missed the free shipping, tv shows and movies, and kindle lending library so I signed up for it again. I still have it opted out to not automatically renew each year because it always irks me to see a charge on my credit card that I didn't manually approve each time. Hope this helps!

Thanks girls...All of your comments made me teary eyed this morning! Thank you for all of the support! :)

Bell...I think DH and I are going to just spend time together on RJs bday. Maybe I will bake a cake or some cupcakes but nothing too big. Are you doing something for Eoin's bday?

so far this pregnancy ive gained 13.5lbs and happy about it.. when i found out i was pregnant i was 104lbs.. and first appt i was down to 101 and stayed there all the way up to my 16 week appt i was back at 104 and at 20 week appt i was 106 and this appt i was 114.5 i gained like 35-40lbs with my daughter and i have been really stressing about my weight gain tis time worried i was gaining enough to keep this lil miss healthy. but im going in the right direction

Krippy Eoins birthday is just before Christmas and we will have a newborn, but we are so desperate to make it special for Eoins first. So we gonna have a nice family meal. Release some balloons for him, with messages attached and we gonna get him a present (we are going o adopt a penguin in his name from Edinburgh zoo). I think spending time together you and your OH is lovely, and RJ will enjoy being with his mummy and daddy and having a cake:hugs: il be thinking of you and your OH on the 26th, I'm sure Eoins and the other angels will throw RJ a lovely party in the clouds :kiss:

As soon as I wrote that Bell...I was thinking that their birthdays will be really close together. What a fabulous way to celebrate your family! Adopting a penguin at the zoo is a great idea...so precious!

awww, krippy and bell :hugs: that is great what you both are doing to honor your little angels.

Glad to see i'm not the only one in the 20 lb mark! I was 119 lbs (at 5'6") and now i'm at 140. I have never seen that number on a scale before! When i started college i gained weight so i was 130, but that lasted for less than a year before i lost it all once i stopped eating pizza every night :) I realy feel like my diet hasn't changed. I am not eating a bunch of sweets or junk. i do eat more, but i try to eat more fruit and veggies to compensate for the extra hunger. Only thing is, I am less active, so thats probably why I'm gaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->