*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Can't believe I've missed out on this group and only found it now :( lol anyways..I'm due December 18th with a baby boy :) Feeling pretty good at almost 27 weeks but have some vertigo, acid reflux and still the odd day of nausea.

Hi Mamabean :hi: welcome & congrats on team blue! I'll add you to the list now :)

Hiya, just discovered this thread so can I be added too please?!

My little pink bundle is due Dec 14th.

Still don't think it's sunk in yet that I'm having another one but starting to get excited now I've begun sorting through my daughters little sleepsuits for number two! Struggling with names too, OH and I can't agree on anything.

Pregnancy going ok so far other than SPD, had it with my LO so was expecting it and it's not too bad yet fortunately. We've also all had a stinking cold for the last week so bit tired and fed up.

My daughter was pretty big (9lb7) and had a very messy EMCS with her so seeing a consultant this time round and hoping for a VBAC. I have a glucose test next Monday and a growth scan at 37 weeks. If both come back with a good result then they will be happy for me to try a VBAC, if not they will recommend another c-section. Fingers crossed!

How were you diagnosed with spd? I seriously believe I have it but I told dr and he didn't even prod around, just told me it must be some kind of nerve bothering me. It is in my bone, I seriously believe it is Spd.. It hurts to lift my leg, walk, get in and out of car and bed and though I have not been pregnAnt before, just doesn't seem right!!!

Anyway, congrats on 26 weeks ocean, I will be there tomorrow! We r going to hit 3rd tri next week and it will be over before we know it!!!!

Hi ladies and welcome to the new members :hi:
received my maternity allowance forms today and looks as tho ill receive the full amount not exactly a fortune but better than nothing :happydance:
Baby has hiccups so strong i can see him bouncing up and down all movements atm are painful and the pressure is unreal oh well not long to go now!!

Welcome to the new ladies that have just found the thread! :)

Mummy - that is fabulous news about your maternity allowance, I am so happy for you.

I hit 28 weeks today, so officially in the third trimester by anyone's book. Start my childbirth class tomorrow-going to be doing birthing from within... even though I still plan on getting an epidural! Ribs, back and hips are achingly tons these days.

I still think I am in denial about how soon baby is going to be here... somehow I can only look forward ahead to the next 12 weeks and the labor... after that my mind goes blank with fear!

Welcome new snowflakes... Better late than never I say :)
Congrats on 3rd tri GenY!

11 weeks 6 days to go... I know it will fly but wished it would hurry up! My mum is going OS for 6 weeks :( Am going to miss her so very much!

Anyone else getting swollen feet and hands at times? Started with me, annoying :(

Stay well snowflakes x

Welcome all new comers:happydance:

Munch I do, my feet swell after iv been at work all day....really uncomfortable. I have to sit/lie with my feet up to try ease it. :shrug:

Hi mama bean and sarah! This is a lovely little group to join!!

29 weeks today for me and blu butterfly!! Last week of our 20s!!! I can't decide if time is flying or dragging though really!!

Just noticed its a squash from today!! Good riddance eggplant! That was forever! Bet squash goes on for weeks too!!!

Hi mtmnleg,

I developed SPD around 22 weeks with my first and was pretty sure it was SPD from the start as a close family member had suffered badly with it. So I sort of 'suggested' it to the doctor myself! She was very open to the idea it might be SPD but did say that a lot of health professionals were unaware of it as a condition. I was referred to the hospital for physio, was in agony after the first session but then the relief was amazing, didn't need another session for six weeks. As soon as it came back this time I went straight to the docs and was in physio pretty quickly as it's expected in subsequent pregnancies.

If I were you I would look up some information about it online and take it to your doctors, they may know very little about it. That or see a physio privately, not sure what the route would be in the US.

In the meantime, try and keep your legs together as much as possible! I was told to imagine I was holding a tennis ball between my knees. Try and keep your pelvis as straight as possible- don't curl up on the sofa and use a pillow between your knees when you sleep.

Hope it feels better soon one way or another, it's not fun. Take care.

Great news about your MA mummyof2girlz :yipee: something is better than nothing!

GenY - I'm soooo in denial too :haha: I need a kick up the arse though as I still have so much to do, but keep putting it off as "I have ages to go yet"!! :dohh: I checked a pregnancy app on my phone last night and the countdown read "10 weeks & 2 days to go" and I think it finally hit me - I don't have long at all :rofl: especially if she decides to come at 37 weeks! Happy 28 weeks too!

munch I'm getting a bit of ankle and foot swelling, although its mainly when I've been standing or walking for long periods. Not nice!

Happy 29 weeks tooth fairy & Blu :wohoo:

WELL...apparently Mr. Braxton Hicks has finally found me :wacko: That, or they've become regular enough that I'm noticing them.

Everything I've so scientifically googled says this is BH and not anything concerning, but I've actually had them quite frequently over the last 36 hours. Going to lay down with a tall glass of water here in a moment...

Frequent BH's isn't a sign I need to 'take it easy' is it? :blush:

Gen

I spoke to midwife about them last week as I had a day or so with loads. She said totally normal and nothing to worry about unless painful or start to have a more regular pattern. She said can be sign of dehydration too!

Girls I thought I would take another bump photo today at 29 week. I took the last one at 25 weeks. I have to say I am really disappointed with it. Everyone comments on how they can hardly tell I am pregnant. Even though I feel huge and at scan last week baby was actually big for his weeks, I am sad that I don't have a nice big noticable bump. Gutted!!! I have only put on 7.5lb so far which is good as I was curvy before pregnancy.
Here are my 25 week photo (left) and 29 weeks (right) hardly grown either????

Attachments

• 25 weeks 2.jpg
    25 weeks 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 29wks.jpg
    29wks.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2
How often are you girls getting check ups? Last time I saw a midwife was 16 weeks. Next appointment is October x

toothfairy, I definitely notice a difference hun :) don't worry, you'll soon pop out I'm sure!

ocean, how come you've had so many little MW appts? Pretty sure with first pregnancies you should be seen at 16 weeks, then at 22 then again at 28 x

Toothfairy you def look preggers to me :) I have the opposite problem, I look full term! People think I am due this month....

Ocean I see my MW and OB every 3 weeks till 34 weeks, then it's 2 weeks down to weekly. It does seem like a long gap for you, you could always call if your concerned at all.

My little man is kicking up a storm tonight! Seriously going to ask ob for a sizing scan as I have a feeling he is going to be quite a size!

Gen, Toothfairy is spot on with her BH advice.... I get them most days, at night mainly. Not painful, just strange :)

:( thought so! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Great news! We found a lovely flat! I was getting so worried as there seemed to be nothing on the market being September, but went to see one today and it's perfect! Lovely little baby room and beautiful garden! So happy :)

I see my ob/MW every 4 weeks, and then once I hit 34 weeks, it will be every 2 weeks, then every week at 37 I beileve. Definitely been every 4 weeks since week 12.

Can't believe i'm just a couple days from 3rd tri! Its all going so fast! I will probably be moving a couple weeks after baby comes, so I'm not even bothering to set up a nursery in my current house. Crib is in pieces, and baby will sleep in her pack and play for the first few weeks in my bedroom. My mom sent out the shower invites this week and they are so cute!! I'm super excited for all of this baby stuff to come together. I can't wait to hold the little jumping bean that is currently living inside of me. She is so active!

Sorry about all the swelling and SPD going around out there. I have been lucky to only have some back pain. No swelling yet, thankfully.

I'm not sure how much overlap there is for strollers in the US vs UK, but i'm curious for you US ladies, which stroller/infant carseat combos you have purchased? I am on a mission to get one asap, and I'd like to spend less than $400 for the combination.

My appointments are once a month, but I think I have to start going in every 2 weeks soon!
Can't believe my c-section date is 10 weeks, 6 days away!! I don't feel ready at all yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->