*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

i am soo angry i got a letter from my employer today saying i am not entitled to Smp as i was on sick for the month they used to work out my average earnings as i received sick pay it took my income lower than the minimum earning to qualify. Really annoyed as it was due to the nature of my job i was off work in the first place! Sorry for the rant just really annoyed me Ive worked for the company for years and worried about finances ect really going to have to tighten our belts now

Are you eligible for Maternity Allowance instead? Look into it as you may be able to get that instead :shrug:

My friend (caramelly here on BnB, but we're friends in real life, went to school together) is in labour! She was a week overdue and desperate to have her baby, lol! She's been going aaaaall day and just updated that her contractions are now 3 minutes apart. She's going for a natural water birth. I'm praying it won't be too long now! Very exciting! Have to admit I'm super jealous though, I can't wait for December! If I go into labor early, I'm going for a natural birth, so once I'm officially "full term" I'll be trying all the tricks to get this baby to come a little early!

Baby Bell... What a lovely way to remember your little angel Eoin! Very special indeed on what must be a difficult day for you all x

Mummyof2girlz, the period they should use is the 8 weeks before the Sunday before you go on maternity leave. If you earned/will earn £107 a week until then you should qualify. If you haven't, go to the Jobcentre and fill out form MA1 and they will work out if you can claim. If you can't claim that, you may be eligible for ESA and the Jobcentre will work that out.

Mummyof2girlz, the period they should use is the 8 weeks before the Sunday before you go on maternity leave. If you earned/will earn £107 a week until then you should qualify. If you haven't, go to the Jobcentre and fill out form MA1 and they will work out if you can claim. If you can't claim that, you may be eligible for ESA and the Jobcentre will work that out.

Ive sent off for the forms for maternity allowance. The dates that are used to calculate my entitlement to ssp where the date i was receiving sick pay which took my wage to 85 per week i normally earn a lot more than the needed 107 a week but didnt realise sickness would affect it thought it would have been based on my normall income my doctor told me it would not affect anything just feel a little cheated as it was due to the manual labour of the job and my risk assesment was crazy most factors of my job scoring the highest risk factor possible and as a result i hurt my back. Just hoping the job center dont work out my entitlement based on my sick pay as then ill only receive 90 percent of 85 pound and no idea how ill cope

Just a quick update to let you know Ive finally found out we're having a GIRL!! :pink: x

mummyof2, sorry about your troubles :( Work really bites sometimes. I got my mat leave papers the other day and since I don't qualify for FMLA here in the states I only get "Up to 6 weeks off." Which means if this baby doesn't come quick I'll only have 4-5 weeks at home with her. Ready to tell my work where to shove it though! It's disappointing that the US doesn't have a better policy for maternity leave.

Mummy - sorry for your troubles -- I hope something works in your favor soon!

Kitty - congrats!! Sugar and spice!

I slept for 12+ hours last night....glorious!!!!! I even made it the first 7 hours without getting up to pee....my bladder was painful when I finally did wake up! I thought it was falling out!

Today's plans include canning tomatoes and getting some exercise. How about you guys?

Krippy I hope your NST goes well hun :hugs: and beautiful ideas on how to spend your precious babies first birthday's Krippy & Baby Bell :)

Congrats and welcome to team :pink: kitty!

Sorry about the SMP mummy :( hopefully you'll get MA instead?

Hope the maternity pay works out for you guys!! I feel very lucky to be able to be a SAHM, even though it can be stressful financially, I love it!
My whole family have had head colds we're trying to get over. My daughter is luckily starting to get better and I feel I am too. It's just awful trying to look after a sick baby when me and my husband are sick too. No fun! I also miss cold medicine!
My friend who was in labor had her baby today! She went to the hospital yesterday morning, had baby this afternoon! Long labour and back to back too, poor girl! Baby was born with forceps. Has anyone here ever had to use forceps? I think I would prefer another c-section to them! They terrify me!!

hi everyone just poping by again to give an update, not much has gone on with me recently but im 27 weeks woooo, have the bed to myself tonight woop woop dan said he will let me have anice sleep ca am off to do a nail course tomoz in acrylic nails so willbe a long day and then after that down to Dans perants caravan untill friday morning cz ive got to go for my anti d injetion then which the hospital is on the way home from the caravan well its an hour way from there but we go past it to get home :) then on sat at 11 we r having a 3D scan so we will get to c what our little girly looks like :D cant wait xxxxx

How's all the snowflakes?

I'm 26 weeks today, c'mon 3rd tri! I'm ready for ya! :)

Hiya, just discovered this thread so can I be added too please?!

My little pink bundle is due Dec 14th.

Still don't think it's sunk in yet that I'm having another one but starting to get excited now I've begun sorting through my daughters little sleepsuits for number two! Struggling with names too, OH and I can't agree on anything.

Pregnancy going ok so far other than SPD, had it with my LO so was expecting it and it's not too bad yet fortunately. We've also all had a stinking cold for the last week so bit tired and fed up.

My daughter was pretty big (9lb7) and had a very messy EMCS with her so seeing a consultant this time round and hoping for a VBAC. I have a glucose test next Monday and a growth scan at 37 weeks. If both come back with a good result then they will be happy for me to try a VBAC, if not they will recommend another c-section. Fingers crossed!

just popping in to say hi.. Saturday the 29th im getting my 3D/4D ultrasound 30 min session im so excited n can not wait!

Welcome SarahP13!! Reading your post I feel like I could have written it, lol! Let's see..
having a second hasn't sunk in yet, but starting to get excited, big baby first time around (emerg. c-sec) so having growth scan to see if I should try a VBAC, and we are all getting over colds too! :D

Welcome SarahP13 :hi: and congrats on team pink! I'll add you to our list :)

Happy 26 weeks ocean :yipee: on to the final stretch now!

We are just back from a long weekend at the seaside, it was lovely. I'm shattered from all the walking though. My pelvis and hips really started aching, and my bits felt all sore & swollen too :wacko: it seems to have eased up now, but I'm going to have a nice soak in a bubble bath tonight and then not walk EVER AGAIN! :rofl:

Thanks ladies and hope you get your VBAC Juless!

Actually feeling quite positive about a VBAC and looking forward to trying labour again! I got to 9 1/2 cm last time and it was horrendous (back to back) so not quite sure why I'm looking forward to it- sure I'll come to my senses soon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->