*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Welcome back expatttc :hi: wow, you have been busy! I bet it's nice that you are finally getting settled and ready for baby's arrival now :)

Great bumps bbygurl & san fran shan! :thumbup:

I think I've made my mind up on this whooping cough jab, and won't be having it whilst pregnant but will have it as soon as I've given birth (will have to speak to my MW/consultant about this). Again - not enough known about it's effect on pregnant ladies and it just doesn't seem all that effective (some info on here under the heading 'The Vaccine' - https://www.babyjabs.co.uk/v_whooping_cough.htm).

My doctor has not suggested any vaccines to me. There are probably shots I need to update but I think he would rather I do it after the baby comes. I know around his office he posts that pregnant women can and should have the flu shot but unless he suggests it to me in person I will not be getting it. I have never gotten the flu shot before and I'm afraid I'll be one of those who gets sick from it. I will ask him if there are any shots I need but I don't think they're all that necessary for everyone. I haven't heard anything about a whooping cough epedemic here but perhaps I'll ask around.

Finally starting to get over an awful head cold (took nearly 2 weeks to get over it!) and tonight I suddenly started feeling really ill! Feels like a sore throat coming on, weakness in my muscles and some diareha (sp?) TMI! Hopefully it'll be gone by morning!

Lovely to see such great bump photos! Our bellies are all getting so big! hehe! :D

Here's my 30+1 photo! Also a photo of baby's coming home from hospital outfit. The Elmo sleeper is inspired by my DD's love of him, lol! Anyone else having trouble deciding on a name? DH and I keep picking one, then it just doesn't seem right after a little while... We were thinking Penny or Sophie, now Tessa, but something just seems off about them. Can't find any other names we both like.

Attachments

• bellypic.jpg
    bellypic.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 3
  • babyoutfit.jpg
    babyoutfit.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 4
juless, I adore Penny! And your coming home outfit -- haven't even thought about that! Hope you feel better soon...
Lolly, thanks for the vaccine link. Will ask at 30 weeks what to expect over here...

Welcome back expatttc.... Was wondering where you had got to, all over the place by the sounds of it! Love love love Italy you lucky girl.

Here in Australia there has also been a lot of whooping cough. DH and I were vaccinated after DD2 and so were my folks. It may pay to look at some documentaries on Whooping cough. I saw one a while back and it was terribly sad but an eye opener. Also a neighbor/friend of ours has just been diagnosed with it. I don't think it's something that you need to do while pregnant but soon after baby. Vaccs are a hot debate worldwide it seems :)

Ladies good morning!! Gorgeous photos!!

It's my birthday today......... I am gutted to say I am 40!!!! :-(

Vaccines are definitely a hot topic. My DD has had all of hers (whooping cough included) although I did delay them from when the NHS recommended having them. I can't bring myself to get vaccinated whilst pregnant though I don't think... also just remembered I'm not vaccinated against Rubella, even though I was vaccinated against it, so need to get that done after the birth too :wacko: they are going to be sticking needles in me like theres no tomorrow!

Juless - gorgeous bump lady! And that little outfit made my heart melt :cloud9: the sleepsuit is just amazing! That's a good idea - we should all post our baby's coming home outfit :) I'll try get a pic of mine later.

Happy Birthday toothfairy :cake: 40 is the new 30, didn't you know!? ;)

Happy Birthday Toothfairy!!! Celebrate in style :) I am not that far behind you... Lolly is right re 40 being the new 30. Enjoy xx

I have to have the flu jab every year because of asthma and only having 1 kidney, so I am still going to have it this year as normal. Ive read that the flu jab is fine whilst pregnant so not too worried. I havent heard of the whoopoing cough vaccine really... might have to google it lol.

Does anyone else have baby up in their ribs already? Mine are so sore already and now I'm worried Ill be stuck with this pain until late in my pregnancy. I'm going to try a few home ideas to get him to move: have ice pack up on my rib right now And will be doing pelvic tilts. Oh how I wish I weren't so short waisted.

Daydream, baby kicks my ribs on my right side, but it feels more uncomfortable than painful at this stage.
Can you try to massage him back down when he's bonking around there?

I didn't know there was a way to shift baby Daydream, not until you start to engage anyway. Let me know if your plans work as I might give it a go :haha: although like expatt, it's more uncomfortable than painful for me at the moment.

I think this will be what we bring baby home from the hospital in (with the matching rabbit socks :cloud9:), although not 100% sure yet. Will put a little jacket on her too and then a blanket for the carseat.

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/df050f98.jpg

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emcmobile/File/PdfPil?fileName=PIL.17377.8.pdf&documentId=17377

Someone posted this on another trend.

Not recommended in pregnancy. That's me 100%decided.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emcmobile/File/PdfPil?fileName=PIL.17377.8.pdf&documentId=17377

Someone posted this on another trend.

Not recommended in pregnancy. That's me 100%decided.

Thanks for that Bean :thumbup: I'd already made my mind up anyway, but this just confirms my decision.

Lolly, what an adorable outfit!! :D LOVE those little matching socks!!! SO CUTE!!!

Oh what a day! Still feeling somewhat sick, but mostly just having horrible gas pains! Throat still hurting a bit too. I was actually worried for a while because the pains were so bad, up on the top and on bottom of bump. But they didn't feel like cramps, just like gas pains I've had before pregnant, only I think worse because of being pregnant. I've been burping and farting up a storm (tmi!) for the last little while so the pains are much better! I really hope this doesn't happen again, it's awful!

Juless and Lolly, loving your coming home outfits! Your so prepared, I have know idea on one yet.

Hope all snowflakes are having lovely weekends :) x

Does anyone else have baby up in their ribs already? Mine are so sore already and now I'm worried Ill be stuck with this pain until late in my pregnancy. I'm going to try a few home ideas to get him to move: have ice pack up on my rib right now And will be doing pelvic tilts. Oh how I wish I weren't so short waisted.

I am opposite, my baby is SUPER low. I have so much hip and lower back pain and a ton of BH from it. Plus, it is very hard for them to measure my cervix and placenta (which is at the bottom) because he is so low. They had to press SUPER hard on my pelvic area which almost brought me to tears. Then he barely showed his face for the 3D ultrasound today! I was able to get a few good pictures. So it isn't exactly any better on the other side lol. Sorry!

I am opposite, my baby is SUPER low. I have so much hip and lower back pain and a ton of BH from it. Plus, it is very hard for them to measure my cervix and placenta (which is at the bottom) because he is so low. They had to press SUPER hard on my pelvic area which almost brought me to tears. Then he barely showed his face for the 3D ultrasound today! I was able to get a few good pictures. So it isn't exactly any better on the other side lol. Sorry!

Awe I'm sorry that it's not fun the other side either! But wow that 3D ultrasound pic is so perfect!

I was able to get him to move down a bit by putting an ice pack on my ribs (which also helped make my ribs feel a bit better) but as soon as I took a shower, he hopped back up again. I think I'll do the ice pack every so often when it gets really painful.

I have one baby head down on my cervix and the other is laying kinda sideways. My pelvic pain is getting almost unbearable! So far, my ribs are safe.

Lolly - love the coming home outfit! I will post mine tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->