*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

hi ladies how is everyone? Thread really moves so fast Ive not been on in a few days my oldest daughter is in hospital with a typical pneumonia (if i have spelt that right) she has been in since Thursday her blood oxygen level is currently between 89-92 Its been horrible her on oxygen ect i am truly beyond tired the hospital is 24 miles away can stay with her! Driving through on a morn and getting home around midnight.. Just incredibly stressed and worried atm was only a few months ago it was my husband with his punctured lung. Sorry to moan on!!

im not having the jabs either, I think the flu jab has made more people ill than better and with regard to whooping cough, I think if you are aware there is an outbreak of it you will be more aware of the symptoms etc and therefore will know what to look out for, Call me cynical if you want but I'm on baby no 4 with no previous flu jabs or anything else been injected into me and all my bubs have been fine, I think I will just carry on like normal and hope for the best rather than risk being ill by putting part of the illness in my system

i will be having both flu and Tdap vaccine, after talking with family, plus friends who are docs, I know I couldnt live with myself if LO got whooping cough. just in case it sheds any light on the concern that the vaccine states "not to be used on pregnant women", google/youtube the interview on Friday night with the DoH, who explained the legalities why every pharamceutical company puts that on their drugs, plus how it is safe for pregnant women to have.

the other concern would be that adults can carry whopping cough without the so-called 'whooping' symptoms, so could be disguised as a regular cough. Even if DH was vaccinated, doesnt stop him picking it up, just may give him much milder sysmptoms, which again would be harder to diagnose.

Obviously its a personal choice, but they've been using these vaccines on pregnant women for years, and no concerns.

ps remember if everyone had had their kids vaccinated, whooping cough should have died out decades ago. Vaccs all the way! hehe

Mummyof2, I'm so sorry to hear about your little one in the hospital. Will be sending lots of :hugs: your way, as I'm sure you are exhausted. Take care of you xx

I hope your daughter gets well soon Mummy. : hugs:

Sorry you ladies are in pain. I've Developed what I think is Sciatica on my right side. Hurts like hell! This is on top of my back and hip pain which translates to a lot of pain and no position to ease it. My body is letting me down :-(

Blu, that is how if feel. Body is failing.. I went grocery shopping yesterday and hit up a couple other stores. I was in pain the whole time but so tired of sitting at home. Well when I got home I started having contractions ever 7 minutes. Thought I was going to have to go to L&D but they settled down. No more shopping for me :(

Mummyof2, hope your LO gets better soon!!

Since everyone is posting their final decision on shots (PS, I like how you all them jabs over there!) I am not getting the flu shot, and am vaccinated for whooping cough already. Got it recently before I was pregnant. My biggest fear is the long term unknown effects on the babies. Like I said before though I work from home full time (and can't get out anymore) and am at low risk for getting the flu. Also my babies won't be going to day care which keeps them low risk. My parents, sisters, in laws, and nanny we hire when I go back to work will all be vaccinated.

Hello ladies!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a lovely day but am shattered today!

Mummy hope your daughter gets well soon.

We went shopping today and had quite a walk from carpark. I've got SPD pain anyway but the baby feel soooo low yesterday and today. When I was walking I really felt like I could feel his head way down pressing my cervix and bum!! Be interesting to know where he is when I go to midwife on Tuesday.

Hello girls!!!
I haven't been on in ages - not all caught up but been thinking of you all!
I had a visit with a friend who just had a son 2 wks ago and she was just glowing with happiness - made me so excited :)
I'm still carrying high, but I definitely do cat/cow on all fours when baby is in an annoying position.
I got my flu shot last week - I work in a hospital so it's given free to all employees. I hope baby gets some of my immunity as we will have SO many visitors around Christmas time. My TdaP was updated before I started physician assistant school so that's still good, but making sure DH updates his soon!
Getting so excited to meet my little one...I have a going-home outfit for a girl but not for a boy yet...will post pics soon!
Sending good vibes....

Are any of you considering home births? I was sorted on having a hospital birth with an obs/gyn, but DH has recently really been pursuing the idea of a home birth, as we don't want to use an epidural (if we can help it) and do as much as possible to avoid a c-section. I would be comfortable with being in a birthing centre, but Ontario doesn't have that as an option yet. I'm not comfortable with a home birth since it would have to happen in my parents home (not an option for me) or a home of a friend DH and I will be borrowing to have some space after the baby is born, plus since this will be my first labour I really like the idea of being near more medical assistance if needed.

I was thinking to reduce the need for an epidural or being pushed towards a c-section, perhaps we should have a hospital birth with a doula or midwife there as well as the obs to do the actual delivery. Any one else thinking of this?

No home birth for me, not just yet anyway... maybe on my 3rd go ;) I really want a water birth and we don't have room for one of those big pools at our house so off to the birthing centre I go!

I wonder who'll be first to pop too :haha:

Has anyone on here had a previous preterm birth? I had DS at 34w6d which would make this LO arrive on 29th October! :wacko: Hope she stays in a bit longer than that - watch me go way overdue now! :haha:

I don't have a clue who will go first but I have a feeling that there will be a bunch on births in the beginning of December and bunch at the end of December! :)

Anyone else have crazy stuffed nose and mucous production...My congestion and allergies are back and I feel soooo crappy! Hoping that it doesn't last for the next 9 weeks. Also have decided to do some dog sitting for the next couple of months to make some extra cash! Hoping some people call me so that time flies by a little faster and I can contribute something while still taking it easy!

I had my son at 38 weeks and my c-sec with our girl is scheduled for 11.28.... maybe she will arrive early like her brother??

I had my 4D scan today! She looks just like me <3

Attachments

• BABY GIRL DEBUSSCHERE_42.jpg
    BABY GIRL DEBUSSCHERE_42.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 7
Yikes, that's not far away at all 2016! I hope she bakes longer for you though :) I didn't have a preterm birth, but was induced @ 38 weeks. Hoping to not be induced at all this time, and would love to make it to the full 40!

Awww sorry your all bunged up Krippy, I hope it doesn't stay that way for the last stretch. I feel pretty good actually, although getting more uncomfortable at night and lots of BH now too.

Evian - Ohhh how precious :cloud9: she's beautiful!

Gorgeous scan photo!!!!!!

No early babies for me, mine were 11 and 7 days late!!!

You bake 'em good toothfairy! I can't imagine going over, although I imagine if I get to go naturally this time that I probably will. I know exactly when I ovulated as I was tracking my BBT, using OPK's and the CBFM as well as CM and cervical position, but they still moved my EDD forward by a week :wacko: DD was nowhere near ready to come out when I was induced @ 38w either!

Now my EDD is November though it is nice to officially start saying ''My baby is due next month'' :haha:

Urgh, I thought I was getting over the cold I've had for the last 2 weeks, but this weekend had a sore throat and felt sick. Woke up this morning and my throat is fine but now my nose is runny again and I feel like I have a chest cold! I'm thinking I should go in to the doctor, but I doubt they can do much for me if it's a virus.. just paranoid about it turning into pneumonia or something!

Yes natural birth at home for me. DH and I are set to avoid any pain medication or interventions if possible. If you want to read up on it a great resource is a book called "Pushed" by Jennifer Block. We were going to do it at the local birth center, which is about 20 minutes from our home, but after weighing the pros and cons and the fact that we live less than 2 minutes from the best hospital in the area we decided our house was the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->