*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Are any of you girls doing yoga, active birth classes or hypnobirthing classes?

I did a few session of yoga and enjoyed it so will continue when I'm on mat leave. But I can't decide on either an active birth workshop or hypnobirthing classes? I don't want anything too hippyish :) just some classes to help me stay calm, breathe well and get into good positions for labour, any advice x

Blu..... EPO is evening primrose oil. I NEVER tell my husband about the things I am up to! He didn't even know I was doing ovulation tests!!!! Here is a good thread about EPO and RLT https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html By the way happy single digits!!

Ocean....... I have bought Natal Hypnotherapy cd by maggie howell but I find it really irritating for some reason. I also got her book Effective birth preparation for the reasons I mentioned earlier about my fears in previous labour. I have to say the book is really logical and quite calming.

Happy Tuesday Snowflakes!

AFM I had my 30 week appt today. I'm not sure how much to read into this, but when they measure fundul (sp?) height I'm only measuring 27 weeks. I guess 2.5-3 behind is okay, but it still worries me slightly. Hopefully when I go back in two weeks I will be where I need to be, but it also doesn't help when everyone I see says, "Oh you're just so TINY!!!" Makes me feel very self conscious that I'm not growing my baby properly.

Also, last night laying in bed my shirt felt really cold and clammy all of a sudden. I looked down and apparently am now leaking out of one boob. As this is my first child I think I was totally unprepared for all of the changes my body was going to go through. I immediately burst into tears as DH cheered, "YAY we know they're working!!!" I just felt so embarrassed, to the level of starting your period in front of your dad when you're 14. How silly is that? :blush:

Aw Lilly!! x x x x x x

If it helps......everyone comments how small my bump is too....I have midwife today at 31 weeks and only measure 30 weeks. I know its only one week difference but when I had a private 4d scan at 28 weeks baby was about a week big for dates! I think the fundal height isn't totally reliable? I think it can depend which way baby is laying etc.

I've heard and read that fundal height mesaurements aren't reliable. Mainly, because everyone does them slightly different. Don't read into it to much hun. If you had a need to worry, trust me, they would tell you.

Your body is cooking your baby just right :hugs:

Awww, about that leaking. I'm dreading that as well. It's all natural but so is crying about it :)

Are any of you girls doing yoga, active birth classes or hypnobirthing classes?

I did a few session of yoga and enjoyed it so will continue when I'm on mat leave. But I can't decide on either an active birth workshop or hypnobirthing classes? I don't want anything too hippyish :) just some classes to help me stay calm, breathe well and get into good positions for labour, any advice x

Look up to see if you can find LazyDaisy birthing classes in your area. They are all over the UK. I did them with DS - not too hippyish at all and a nice balance of gentle yoga with a relaxation-hypno session at the end. Im convinced they helped me have a relaxed EASY birth last time so I'm doing then again. :thumbup:

Ive got my glucose tolerence test tomorrow...im not so happy about that !! Ive always hated getting pricked by needles muchless getting all kinds of blood taken from me! Hmff, ill be much happier when its over:) & next week i have ultrasound! So im super excited i'll get to see how big my lil man has gotten over the months since i last seen him!!! <3

Love all the 4D scans, wish I could get one :( due to moving money is very tight, plus I've saved for some birth classes. Feel like I'm missing out!

Love all the 4D scans, wish I could get one :( due to moving money is very tight, plus I've saved for some birth classes. Feel like I'm missing out!

We're not getting them either. Thought about it for a bit, but at our imaging center it's $130 and I want to make sure we get all our baby gear at the shower, otherwise that money will be spent to make sure we get the things we need (stroller, carseat, etc.)

I didn't get a 3d/4d or whatever. The ultrasound Tech at my last scan did let me have a pic or two in 3d and give me a peek at baby that way. My insurance should cover it as it was part of my diagnostic screening at 20 weeks.:thumbup: I wouldn't pay for it extra though. Money is definately tight now a days and it can be stressful so I try not to add to the stress by getting all of the extras!

I had a 4d scan and to be honest I was disappointed and would not have it again. Baby was facing inwards. I have 3 separate attempts over 4 hours at the clinic to get baby moving......and he did from side to side...... but still facing in so the only photo I got was the one in my profile. I was fully expecting dvd of him wiggling sucking thumb etc..... but nothing......just a sore tummy from all the prodding!!!!

Toothfairy, exact same thing happened to us with DD!! We had to go back 3 times in total but she still faced towards my spine so we only got to see the back of her head. They kindly offered us either a 4th & final attempt or a partial refund so we just took the money, time was getting on and she was only getting bigger and more cramped in there so less chance of her turning around. OH said he wasn't going through all that again this time!

Had such a busy day. We decided to put our place up for sale 3 weeks ago not thinking much would happen or anytime soon, but we got an offer of the full asking price last week (from our first viewer!) :yipee: we hadn't even started looking at somewhere else to buy, so this last week we've been on a mad hunt and have found the perfect place. Yesterday we were told our current lender wouldn't give us the top up we needed but had a new mortgage offer come through today from a lender and its perfect :) so we are putting an offer in tomorrow! I'm so excited :wohoo: new baby AND a lovely new house!

Oh wow lolly! That's great news especially in this climate and the housing market being as it is. How exciting!!!!!!! You're gonna have a busy few months!!

I know! We were due a bit of luck, so hopefully it continues and nothing bad happens or someone pulls out :wacko: it's a much bigger place too... Already thinking about baby no.3 :rofl: hehe!

When is everybody getting their hospital bags packed? I'm still unsure when to do it, and I don't have anything for mine yet. Oooops!

Baby number 3??? Wow!!!! You're brave...... Or a little mad ;-)

I think I'm gonna do my bag at about 36 wks if I can wait that long. I know some do it much earlier though but I an expecting to be late and think if I do it too soon time will drag more! Have bought some stuff for it though

I'm thinking that I'll pack mine at 35 weeks, I kept saying at 30 weeks but I'm already 31wks and haven't purchased a single thing. I think I'll get my list together and start getting stuff, little by little in time to pack it over the next month.

GL on the housing stuff Lolly! Fingers crossed for you and DH. And YES, you are mad for thinking about baby no. 3 :haha:

I'm thinking 1 and done!

Hahahaha we'll see if you feel that way once your LO is older and you forget all about pregnancy & labour Blu ;) I thought I was done after DD but the broodiness hit me like a 10 tonne truck when she got to around 4/5 months old!! I am crazy though :haha:

Think 35/36w is a good time. Sure that's when I packed it last time too but can't for the life of me remember :dohh: will start my list tonight of everything I need and just collect it all as the weeks go by.

I've just had a full on hot sweat panic attack moment. The reality of only being 9 wks away has just hit. I was looking at calendar and finish work 4 wks tomorrow too. I feel like I'm suffocating!!! I've got a feeling it's going to fly now too. I know I've always expected I would go late but the reality is it could be only 6 weeks. Midwife has arranged to come to house at 36 wks to do birth plan today and talking about hospital bags and RLT today also has just pushed me into panic! Help!!!!!!!

Awww hun :hugs: I think we are all right there with you. In some ways it feels like this pregnancy has been going slow, but it really really hasn't when I stop & think about it. In my head, I still have about 16weeks left :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->