*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Munch I know I suppose I should be grateful it was only lactulose.

Lolly that's exciting getting your pram sorted:happydance:

I had my 28 weeks scan, baby all good, head down and growing well:thumbup: Iv also been booked in for my induction! So I go in on the 2nd Dec and get properly started on 3rd Dec :happydance: so weird knowing my baby will be born on the 3rd or close to it!

Bell...That is so exciting bc that is my day of induction as well...It is so far if the babe stays the way it is. If not section booked for the 5th! We will be birthday twins!

Just got back from my first prenatal yoga class! It's drop in, once a week, and I LOVED it. The instructor is also pregnant, which was great as it made me not always think ''should I be doing this''? Plus, we covered breathing techniques for focus, and a type of squat that I think I'll be doing at least a few days a week to build up some stamina (because if I want to do that position during labour, I'm definitely going to need some practice)...
Would recommend it to any ladies thinking about it...even if you haven't done yoga before.

Haven't had a chance to post for a little while, lots to catch up on!
Lolly, congrats on the new house!! :D About how many babies, I would LOVE to have lots of kids, but DH isn't too sure about that, lol! I know we'll have at least 3, but hoping to be able to have 4? Maybe 5? hehe, we'll see!
Appointment went well today at the doctor, nice strong heartbeat! Baby is hiccuping lots today! At least 4 times, and I'm hoping it doesn't mean anything is wrong (read something about lots of hiccuping being bad... not sure if that's true?). I'm also getting period like cramps. They aren't fun! I don't think I've had many BH's yet though.

Bell...That is so exciting bc that is my day of induction as well...It is so far if the babe stays the way it is. If not section booked for the 5th! We will be birthday twins!

Yay!! :happydance: that's so exciting........birthday twins:happydance:

I'm glad you enjoyed your yoga class expat :) I keep saying I'll do yoga or pilates but I haven't ever got round to going to any classes :dohh: next time!

Hi juless :hi: that's great your appt went well... I didn't know there was anything bad about baby hiccuping lots in utero? I just thought it meant they were greedy drinking too much amnio fluid :haha: I get a lot of hiccuping too and never thought anything of it x

I have a yoga DVD that I love to do and I know what squat you are talking about! I love it for some reason!

Congrats on the house Lolly! That is so exciting! :)

I am ready to give birth...I have been stressing a bit about the way I have been feeling. Don't get me wrong I have been feeling great but I am just starting to get really nervous and stressed about everything feeling and kick count. I knew that the last weeks were going to be nerve-wracking but I think I need to do my yoga everyday to relax a bit or something. I just need to make it 8 more weeks...

Krippy :hugs: these last few weeks must be so difficult & worrying for you, I can't even begin to imagine. It'll all be ok though, hopefully time will fly by and you'll have your beautiful baby in no time :) happy 30 weeks btw!

Krippy we'll all get through it together :)

I've made myself wait for 30 weeks before I put together a final list of things to purchase...and pack, in terms of the hospital bag...and we're almost there!! I'm really trying to be minimalist about it - there are some great threads on here of ''must haves'' and ''never used'' that, as a to-be first time Mom, I am finding really useful!

Ladies

Are the rest of you starting to struggle to do thing? Seems every step is an effort. Have just had a bath and thought I was going to get stuck!!! Every movement is getting difficult. Putting on socks, getting in and out if the car, getting up off the sofa, turning over in bed.......blah blah blah!! :)

Wow, can't believe some of you ladies only have 2 months left! How exciting!!

Lolly, congrats on the house!

toothfairy, yep, i'm finding it very difficult to bend over. There is a muscle right at the top of my stomach that feels like its on fire every time i bend over without squatting. So tying my shoes, picking anything up, sitting up, all getting difficult. I'm getting my first prenatal massage on sunday. Can't friggin wait!!!!

expat, i took a prenatal yoga when i was only 18 or 19 weeks and i thought it was kinda wimpy for my fitness level back then, but I'm definitely going to go back now that i'm bigger and less limber. Can't wait! I'll have to start next week as its only on sundays, and that's massage day :)

OK, time to rant about insensitive men! I recently bought a house, haven't moved in yet as we are getting lots of work done on it first. So I bring a guy in to measure the kitchen for new cabinets. He looks at me and says 'Wow, when are you ready to drop your load, any day now??' I can't believe he said this! So i say 'no, not for 2.5 more months'. and his response?? 'wow, I give you 1 month tops!'. Grrr...i know i've got a belly, but seriously, i'm not THAT big. I'm only going to get bigger. And today a coworker asked me if i was having twins. I dont think she meant anything by it, but i'm starting to want to only wear big baggy old lady dresses (moo moo's, for those in the US..not sure what UK ladies would call them) so no one thinks i'm 9 months pregnant.

Hadn't had many braxton hicks until today. I had to be at work at 5am and I normally work evenings. I was really dizzy, threw up, and was having BH all morning. Feeling fine now so I'm not sure if it was just because my routine was different or what?

Chloe I have the opposite problem!!! Nobody believes I only have 8 wks to go! You can't win with bump size everyone has an opinion!!!!

I'm struggling with things too now, getting up if I've been sitting on the floor (or getting down there in the first place actually!), out of baths, picking DD up etc :wacko: still 8 weeks to go too!

Awww chloe :hugs: that was so rude of him! Don't hire him now :haha: what an arse! I agree with toothfairy, every tom, dick & harry has an (unwanted) opinion. Ignore them x

Hi ladies! I am getting pretty unable to do stuff too. Everything gives me contractions. My husband and I used to sit on the floor at the coffee table to eat dinner every night (classy, I know) and I can't do it anymore. We had to buy a tv table so I can sit on the couch to eat. We have a dining table but don't use it. We have this dream that we will eat at the table every night when the kids are old enough. Anyways, everything hurts on my body!! I have escaped some problems so far like constipation and hemorrhoids. Just went to the doc yesterday and he says I am still on track for vaginal delivery. I think I am happy about that. But scared too, LOL. He also said I will probably have them 4 weeks early. Um, so yeah, that is like 7 weeks away.

Chloe - I can't believe he said that to you! So rude! I can't get out much, so I don't hear a lot about my bump. But a couple weeks ago at my baby shower I had my sister tell me I looked huge, then my MIL say I looked small. It was the same day! I just don't listen to anyone!

We are almost done with the nursery. Here are the pics.

Attachments

• cribs.jpg
    cribs.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 10
  • nursery.jpg
    nursery.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 10
  • dresser.jpg
    dresser.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online