*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Awww shan your nursery looks amazing so far :) it must be great knowing you'll have one of each too, I know I'd love it anyway!

San Fran Shan.... Your nursery is just beautiful! Good job :)

Chloe... I have now decided that people, when they see a pregnant women feel tgat they need to say something about the bump in the room. Kind of like talking about the weather. I am massive, don't know how much of it is actually baby but I showed early (3rd preg) and looked full term a while back.

Krippy.... Hang in there hun. It must be very worrisome for you. Stay strong, you have come this far. Not long now x

Toothfairy.... Everything is difficult isn't it. I have moments that things are easy but not many. I find after a shower I need to sit down before getting dressed. Yest I took girls on a picnic and then on walk through parklands, I was nackered after it, like I had done a marathon! Lol...

AFM I have been getting some period like cramps... Not too bad but don't remember getting them with other two. Anyone else getting them?

I downloaded app on my iPhone called My baby beat and can listen to babies heart beat :) Not as clear as a Doppler (obviously) but it's a bit of fun.

Have a good weekend snowflakes... We truly are on the home stretch now!! Exciting times :)

Hi ladies! I am getting pretty unable to do stuff too. Everything gives me contractions. My husband and I used to sit on the floor at the coffee table to eat dinner every night (classy, I know) and I can't do it anymore. We had to buy a tv table so I can sit on the couch to eat. We have a dining table but don't use it. We have this dream that we will eat at the table every night when the kids are old enough.

We do the same thing of eating on the couch instead of the dining table. If you can watch the show Up All Night, watch last night's episode. It had DH and I rolling with laughter.

Gorgeous nursery btw! Also by your screename I'm guessing you're in SF? I'm out in the east bay, but looks like we're somewhat neighbors

I downloaded app on my iPhone called My baby beat and can listen to babies heart beat :) Not as clear as a Doppler (obviously) but it's a bit of fun.

I downloaded it a while back and have been able to get LO's heartbeat only once... because now he likes to kick my phone! he'll move around and follow it no matter how hard I try I can't get the heartbeat. He decided to show the trick to my OB at our last appt, because she had to chase to find his heartbeat with the doppler because he was too busy punching and kicking it. :haha:

I've been getting those period type cramps munch, not nice! Bodies are definitely gearing up for the big day :argh: it's so scary!

Wow I haven't heard of this app, off to look for it now :D even though I actually have a doppler LOL!

Hi ladies! I am getting pretty unable to do stuff too. Everything gives me contractions. My husband and I used to sit on the floor at the coffee table to eat dinner every night (classy, I know) and I can't do it anymore. We had to buy a tv table so I can sit on the couch to eat. We have a dining table but don't use it. We have this dream that we will eat at the table every night when the kids are old enough.

We do the same thing of eating on the couch instead of the dining table. If you can watch the show Up All Night, watch last night's episode. It had DH and I rolling with laughter.

Gorgeous nursery btw! Also by your screename I'm guessing you're in SF? I'm out in the east bay, but looks like we're somewhat neighbors

I'll see if I can find the episode on demand. We lived in SF for 5 years and just moved to the east bay after finding out it was twins. We left our 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment for a 3 bedroom house. We are in San Leandro now.

Are you going to see or do any of the stuff in the city this weekend? Fleet Week, America's Cup, bluegrass festival, two giants games and a niner game! Oh and I saw Justin Beiber is going to be at oracle arena. I wish I could participate in the festivities (not justin beiber) but there is no way. Plus traffic will be a nightmare!!

san fran shan, lovely nursery!! Can't believe in only 7 weeks your babies could be here! Can't believe how close all of us are getting really!

I'll see if I can find the episode on demand. We lived in SF for 5 years and just moved to the east bay after finding out it was twins. We left our 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment for a 3 bedroom house. We are in San Leandro now.

Are you going to see or do any of the stuff in the city this weekend? Fleet Week, America's Cup, bluegrass festival, two giants games and a niner game! Oh and I saw Justin Beiber is going to be at oracle arena. I wish I could participate in the festivities (not justin beiber) but there is no way. Plus traffic will be a nightmare!!

Oh wow we are close then, I'm in San Ramon. No SF for us (and honestly I can't even IMAGINE how horrible the traffic will be, yikes), this weekend we are going to our mini babymoon at the Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay (normally we're not that fancy-pants, I rack up a lot of Marriott points with my work trips). I am so excited to get away, even if just for a couple days.

opinions needed...

I have always been somewhat of a jealous person when it comes to my husband. He's never given any reason not to trust him 100%. I don't know why I can't let things go. Tonight he's going to the bar with a bunch of people from work (male and female). I keep telling myself it's not a big deal, but I can't help working myself up and talking myself down over and over. I think if I knew his coworkers it wouldn't bother me as much but I just don't know what to do? I don't want to make it an argument every time he wants to do something. I also can't help the way I feel though. I can't talk to my family or friends because they will just think he's a jerk and he's not. I guess I just really need to vent about it. Any suggestions on what would make me feel better without telling him he can't go?

Hmm, hard to say what to do! Maybe just explain your feelings to him? I know how you feel though. OH has never EVER done a thing that would make me not trust him, but I think hormones are making me worry more! The other day he worked late and I kept thinking, what if he's with some girl from work or something?? But logically I know he isn't. It's an irrational fear! I think it's mostly because I'm feeling huge and unattractive at the moment.

juless- I'm glad I'm not the only one with the irrational fears lol. He knows how I feel and he never gets upset when I get mad about it. My biggest problem is the bar. He goes with people after work to a 24 hour restaurant and I don't like not knowing when he's going to be home but it doesn't bother me. Even when I know he's drinking at a buddies house it doesn't bother me as much (still a little though). I think that I will tell him about it being the bar thing. Typing it out makes me feel better though. Thanks for listening.

Glad you are able to be open and honest with him about it. If you can tell him your fears and doesn't get upset, he must be a pretty good guy! :) Seems to be understanding which is awesome. My OH doesn't even drink or go out at all (neither of us do, we're pretty much nerdy gamers who are at home all the time, lol!) and I still get paranoid! Hopefully he will cut down the bar trips, at least till you're back to feeling yourself again, then maybe you can get a sitter and go out too!

Chloe, massage day sounds like a great idea :) Sorry to hear about the builder’s remarks...and the co-workers. Toothfairy and Lolly are right - everyone has to have an opinion!

San fran shan, your nursery is adorable! Really inspiring!

Stark, i’m sorry to hear how you’re feeling. At least you know that he’s out with co-workers, and letting off some steam before the baby comes -- which has to be stressful to our DH’s too, though I’m only in it for the first time! I’m with Juless -- he sounds like a good guy, and at least he lets you know where he is!

Hello ladies!!!

It seems not so long ago we were all sharing tips on what we could and could not eat with the nausea, then feeling like the pregnancy was dragging on, and now we are counting down the final weeks! I can't believe it! :shrug:

I have my first (of 3!) baby showers today:baby: -- I'm considering this one my "main" one as it is the one being thrown where I live and my sister has flown in for it. She is already off helping get things ready and I'm relaxing on the couch after a nice morning walk with DH and the dog (after which, of course, I'm knackered). I have to admit, I'm starting to get nervous about not having the nursery and other supplies ready (I've been waiting to buy a lot of stuff until after the showers). Seeing the other nurseries ready to go makes me feel way behind.

Stark - I think it is wonderful that you are trying your best to be okay with DH going out. I'm quite inclined to let mine go out these days as it means I can go to bed early and be lazy :blush: But I'm also doing it because I've had 7 months of my life changing already because of this baby, and I fear it is going to hit him like a ton of bricks. He might as well have had some good times in the months leading up to being home-bound and exhausted for the Winter!

ExPat - I agree with your recommendation on prenatal yoga! I've been to two different classes now, both were actually quite a bit more strenuous than I thought they would be, which was a pleasant surprise. I've been so much more present "in my body" while pregnant that it made for a great yoga practice.

To all the ladies starting to worry, I'm with you! The only thing I keep repeating to myself about labor is 'one way or another, the baby will come out.' I'm more nervous about bringing baby home...getting really excited that my mom will be here for a couple weeks to share her wisdom and let me get a nap or shower now and again!

Sending you all :hugs:

Girls.... Out if interest.... Is anyone else going to take raspberry leaf tea? I've read ideal time to start is 32 wks which is what I will be on Tuesday. I bought the tablet version but am a bit scared to take them?

Why are you scared hun? I'll be taking them again but think I'm starting them a little later this time and keeping the dosage to a minimum as my 2nd stage was already short with DD, I don't want to pop this baby out in the car on the way to the hospital :haha:

I was going to, but things that I have read says if you have had a prior c-section that you shouldn't take them. And since I haven't fully decided if I'm going to have another c-section or natural birth I don't plan on it anymore. Hopefully after talking to the doctor again on Monday I will have made my final decision though.

Lolly I remember you saying about the short labour! I don't know why I'm scared? Irrationally I suppose I am worried they might make me go into instant premature labour even though I know they don't induce labour!!! It's cos I haven't taken them before. I really think these and the epo could help me though as last 2 were 7 & 11 days late and 40+hours labour.

My sister gave me some 3rd trimester tea which has rlt in it, but I'm not sure if I should drink it or not, since I did have a previous c-section. I might drink a cup here and there though, since it's not pure rlt and it shouldn't hurt to have it once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->