*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Any tips for packing hospital bags for first timers? I don't even know what sort of bag to use! :)

]Thanks everyone I just felt a bit selfish knowing mine n my OH luck she won't arrive till Christmas Day lol, took my 30 week pic this mornin I think I can officially say I have " popped" lol ignore the mess of the room me and OH went away for the weekend and I've just dumped everything lol and tbh I can't be bothered moving them lol xxxx.

image.jpg

Hmmmm well with DD I took 2 huge holdalls in with me and I really did have too much :rofl: This time I'm just going to take the 1 (like cabin luggage size) and will also take my changing bag full of baby's things :) that's the plan anyway! I'll update when my bags are packed for this time round and we'll see if I manage to fit all my things in!

My carrycot for the pram finally arrived today :yipee: so that's one more thing crossed off my list to get or complete! I love it :cloud9: here's DD modelling the pram, just need a baby now!

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/9B1F10C4-58C4-457C-9FDD-1C173D67FC83-8350-000007EDE8C02ABE.jpg

Aww so cute :) my pram doesn't come till dec can't wait but saves trying to find somewhere to store it for now we've got things at everyone's houses lol my neighbours house is full of our stuff lol, I've packed the babies bag already was gunna leave it a bit but couldn't help myself, we have just used a small suitcase like one of the mini ones, I just hope we have got everything but if not someone can bring what we need, I'm gunna do mine in a few weeks just to break the time up a bit xxxxx

Yeh this pram is taking up so much room :wacko: we had DD's stored at the in-law's and didn't collect it until after she was born, but we don't live near them now and I'm over my superstitions so this one has been here since I was around 8 weeks pregnant I think! It's crazy to imagine there'll be a baby in there soon :)

I nosy neighbours have bought us our moss basket, and all the things we have bought it hasn't rly hit me properly yet but they brought round the Moses basket to show us the other day and I looked in it and just thought SHIT!!! IWW r having a baby lol xxxxx

I have my bag packed already lol but the contents are spilling out!! didnt think about using the changing bag for babies things as ive prob packed him way too much.. Had my 32 week scan they said he seems to be on track.. Have been asked to have the daily injections for thrombosis needless to say i declined i can not handle a blood test and had no problems with my first 2 all seems a bit ott this time round my weight and medical history has not changed...
waking up every 2 hours through out the night i remember this with my last not long before she came midwife has said its my body preparing me!!! well atm i kind of need the sleep more than the practise... really scarey thought that on wednesday ill be 33 weeks!!!

Off to the doctor tomorrow! Finally taking someone with me to translate so hopefully I can get a few more questions answered.
My baby shower is on Friday. Quite excited for that!
On the downside backache and heartburn are at an all time high right now!

I already feel like a watermelon!!! I just leaned forward and got stabbed in the ribs by some baby feet. Ouch!

I am procrastinating on my hospital bag. I don't feel like I need much, and my husband can always come home and get what I need and what the babies need. My doc said my babies will probably come a month early. So that is 7 weeks! I really need to sign up for some birthing classes. Like ASAP.

Good Morning Snowflakes :flower:

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Fab bump Sara!

Cute pram Lolly! DD is such a great model for it too :)

I still haven't started with my bag and I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow! I did buy a night gown for hospital stay yesterday but that was it. I think I'm going to see what we get at baby shower this weekend.

I've been getting some jabs in the ribs but still getting movement way down low too. Is baby really that long? I keep getting these sharp pains every once in a while - vagga daggas! I wonder if my lo has turned and is now head down? I hope so! He's been waking me out of my sleep with his kicks, but I can feel it with my hand from the outside, sharp and skinny (guess he's build like DH) it still freaks me out. Anyone else's baby movements hurt? It's the pushing feeling where I feel like he's trying to come out of my stomach that are the worse!

I do blu! It feels SO strange sometimes, like a little alien in there, lol!
I've started my hospital bag, just have my new robe and my little bag of travel toiletries I got at Wal-mart. It's perfect and in it's own little bag. Travel toothbrush, toothpaste, deodarant, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. Only $8 I think? Oh, and I packed my two stretchy super comfy nightgowns. Other than that I think I'll wait, as I don't want to pack all that underwear until closer to it. I might need a lot since if I have a c-section I'll be in there a week!
Anyone else entered super nesting mode? I have been nesting since we moved in here, always organizing, trying to get things ready, but this morning I feel like a crazy woman! Maybe it's cause I treated myself to a little bit of coffee so I have extra energy, lol? Our office is a mess right now. Basically the dumping ground for things we need to go through, and it's driving me nuts! DD is falling asleep so once she's napping I'm tackling that room! Wish me luck!

OOOhh coffee!!! I miss it so much. DH will not let me have any and neither will any of the ladies at work.

I wish I had the energy to nest. DH does all of the cleaning around the house and the nursery is good to go so I haven't had much to do anyways.

At this point I'm just ready for baby to come - how am I ever going to survive 2 more months of this?

I have a treat of a small coffee once in a while, maybe once every two weeks! I drink lots of tea though! LOVE vanilla red tea, and it's decaf too! I realized today that it is exactly 8 weeks until my c-section date! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! :D I really hope I can get this baby to want to come earlier though. If I don't have a natural birth this time I won't ever have one. I would like to have at least 3 kids, (working on DH for 4, hehe) and am worried about having that many c-sections. I know it is done, but it can get risky after the third I think. The minute I'm full term I will be trying all the tricks! My doctor said he'd give me a sweep and check my cervix at my 39 week appointment too. He doesn't want to medically induce me, because of my previous surgery, but is willing to try a sweep!

Love the pram Lolly.... your Amber is such a cutie pie! I haven't had any of my big stuff (pram carseat cot etc) delivered yet. Its all coming 1st week in november. I think I will crap myself when this all arrives!!!!! I have bought most of my other stuff and contents of hospital bag but I dont want to pack it until 1st week November too when I will be 35/36 weeks. I only have 3.5 working weeks to go and finish on 31st October, I have 3+ wks of annual leave to take from then,then maternity starts at 38 wks. I am trying to leave packing bags etc until then as I want some things to do!! I haven't even got a wardrobe for baby yet again.....its coming 1st week November!! THEN I will start getting organised!!

Do you think I am leaving it all too late?? I am going on the fact that my teenagers were 7 and 11 days late!

Had my last scan today. Baby is looking good and measuring 4lbs 4oz. Tech said that is normal size but I was thinking she seemed big? Couldn't see anything other than her back but organs looked good. I talked it over with my doctor and have decided to have a repeat c-section. Our baby girl will be here November 26th. That's seven weeks!

For those of you that are on your second...I am soo much more nervous this time around. Anyone feeling that way? Or am I just crazy?:wacko:

Had my last scan today. Baby is looking good and measuring 4lbs 4oz. Tech said that is normal size but I was thinking she seemed big? Couldn't see anything other than her back but organs looked good. I talked it over with my doctor and have decided to have a repeat c-section. Our baby girl will be here November 26th. That's seven weeks!

For those of you that are on your second...I am soo much more nervous this time around. Anyone feeling that way? Or am I just crazy?:wacko:

i had my scan at 32+1 mine is measuring 4lb think Its a really rough estimate i am not going much off it my dd2 was 5lb 6 and takes after her dad tall and skinny. I am on number 3 less nervous this time more excited and ill be happy when i am no longer suffering with the worst heartburn!

I am number 2 and waaay more nervous! I'm trying to imagine how I'll manage to look after a 2 year old and a newborn at the same time!! Everyone who's done it tells me you just figure it out and make it work, so I'm hopeful a routine will fall into place somehow! Still, it's scary to think about!

Im on number two n more nervous this time but mine will only b 13 months apart. Oh n I got my c section date which will be Dec 22 im so excited

I am on number 3 after a 14 and 16 year gap! I am weirdly less nervous this time. I think as I am a lot older I am looking forward to being a mum again, with the 1st 2 I couldn't get past worrying about the birth. I think with this one I worry more about it, with the others I wasn't aware how much could go wrong and I hadn't had all the miscarriages!!

32 wks for me and blu today!

I've just taken my first raspberry leaf tea capsule! I feel really excited and a bit nervous!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->