*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I gave in and finally went to the doctor today, after trying to beat this cold/infection/whateveritis for the last 4 weeks. Got some (very expensive!!) antibiotics, already had one and am starting to feel less pain/pressure in my head! Hoping in a few days I'll be back to my old self! Of course I'm paranoid pills will affect baby, even though the doctor and pharmacist assured me they are ones that are safe in pregnancy.
OH and I still aren't too sure on the baby's name... we had some we were definite about, then for some reason I started not liking them anymore. I don't know!

Juless, it's probably better for your baby that you take some antibiotics and get well than end up real ill with a serious infection you can't shift? Hope you get better soon!

Gen... Your update made me smile, you just summed up pregnancy so well! The bit about the dog on the lamb skin probably wasn't supposed to.... But it made me laugh! Sounds like utter chaos!!!!!! Glad we are all having our own version of madness. Good preparation for life with a new baby I think! Big hugs to you xxx

Hi just a quick drop by to c how everyone is doing, I'm getting a cold now as well :-( o the joys of winter xxxx

I can really sympathise with the winter illnesses! I have had a chest infection for the last couple of days, headache, sore throat and upset stomach plus the heartburn and feeling like a whale so i am feeling really sorry for myself...

samj732 - I hope your cervix slows down thinning hun :hugs: Pregnancy can be really hard, a lot harder than those who have never experienced it can think possible!

GenY - Haha I think you're best waiting for your other 2 :)shock:) showers too, then at least you'll know what you have left to get and can then get everything in place and ready :)

Sorry to all you ladies feeling poorly :hugs: it's not quite Winter here yet, but the weather was so up & down and such a sudden change from hot to cold/rainy, so many people seem to be coming down with something :( get well soon! :flower:

I hit 33 weeks yesterday, and the sudden realisation that I'm full term in 4 weeks was a bit of a shock :haha: I went shopping yesterday and now have everything for my hospital bag, so going to start packing that over the weekend x

DH and I have a 5k Breast Cancer walk tomorrow that we do every year. I'm seriously doubting if I'm going to be able to make it completely around the park as it now seems that every time I begin walking I need to pee!

I don't want to stop drinking water before the event because it's so hot where we live that I'm not going to risk dehydration, but honestly this pressure is just so awful! I can't even make it from my office to the car park without having the urge to go, even if I use the restroom immediately before leaving the building!

Wow LillyLee, that's amazing if you can do 5k! Remember to takel ots of breaks if you need to. I can barely manage walking around the shops for 50 mins nowadays :haha:

Hello December ladies!

My doc told me yesterday he wont let me go past 36 weeks. Soooo, that is in like 6 weeks. OMG.

Hope all you sickies feel better soon!

Happy Friday snowflakes!

:hugs: to all of the ladies feeling under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.

samj732 hope that cervix slows its thinning. Will keep fingers crossed. Rest up honey!

Happy 33 weeks Lolly & Mummy!! You ladies get me excited every time you go up a week lol! It's a reminder how close we all are!!!!

My 2nd baby shower is tomorrow. Kinda looking forward to it but also ready for it to be over with. At least I get to see some of my family and friends.

LO's movements are really getting to be painful at times. And sometimes it's sharp pains to my lady parts! I feel like he's trying to burst out from my stomach most times and some times it's like he's headbutting my cervix. And I have how many more weeks of this?

San Fran Shan that's so exciting:happydance:

Iv had a horrible irritable cough the last couple of days, not a cold just this cough. I feel so sorry for anyone that with me, must be so annoying.

Iv only got 3 more weeks to work and am so ready for leave to begin. I'm getting my new sofa delivered on Friday and can't wait to snuggle up on it with a good book feeling baby wiggle around inside:kiss:

Wow shan how exciting!! :yipee:

Blu, just think about the gifts :lol: I hear you on the painful jabs and kicks too. Ouchhh! I'm quite looking forward to baby getting too big to move around so much, but then with that comes a very heavy watermelon sized baby pushing down on everything and then when that head starts to engage and you can barely walk :rofl: so much to look forward to!

Hope your cough clears off soon Baby Bell :hugs: oooh enjoy your new sofa when it arrives! x

My babies combined are already over 6 pounds. Let's just say, "OUCH!" Both are head down on my cervix and bladder with all their feet in my ribs. I don't want to complain about all the pain because I know it is going to get worse. At least they are cutting off the last 4 weeks of pure hell.

Hi ladies, hope all of you that are under the weather improve speedily!

I have asthma :( well that's what the doctors think. It's shocking cough and breathing issues. Anyway FX it goes away soon. I feel bad for baby with this hacking cough and worry I am doing damage everytime.

We are all so close! It's going to be exciting when the "winning" posts start to appear :) :) :)

I am organised pretty much for baby but am worried about christmas shopping as I know I won't have opportunity to do it once baby arrives. I have started but still have so much to do :(

My "lady garden" needs a new gardener to prune and hedge the garden ;)

Hope you all have a good weekend snowflakes x

Awww munch, feel better soon hun :hugs:

:rofl: @ the lady garden comment! I've given up on mine :haha: will send OH in closer to D-day to sort it out me thinks!

LOL my DH has been taking care of mine for me too Lolly! I had him do it last week and will have it done one more time before birth.

Good news, looks like the thinning has stopped. My cervical length yesterday was at 3.0, so actually up .1 from two weeks ago :) no bedrest for this mama. My doctor did advise me to cut my shifts in half, and unfortunately that's just not financially possible for me so I guess I'll just have to buck up.

:rofl: @ lady garden comment. I can't see mine anymore but I've been taking care of it for so long I can do it by touch for now. Not sure what the status of that will be in a few weeks though haha!

I thought I'd be able to do mine from memory alone but it looked awful :rofl: OH couldn't stop laughing, he said it looked like there'd been an accident!

Omg thanks for admitting your gardens are uncared for. Mine is a jungle...I can do it by feel but at this point will let DH take a crack at it with a trimmer first before I spend ages trying just with a razor. It's disgusting, even to me...

And I forgot who said they are walking a 5k? I'm doing one on Oct 21!! It's a Halloween themed 'Run Like Hell' event...more like 'waddle like Hell' (and look like Hell too).

Still thinking up Halloween costumes - you girls have any planned?

Haha, I have no idea what condition my lady garden is in and at this point, I don't care too much, lol! I'm lucky if I feel like shaving my legs and armpits at all! I have tried to trim a bit but that was quite some time ago!

Hey ladies! I know I haven't been active on this thread in a while, but DH and I finally agreed on a name for our little girl, and I wanted to share. Her name will be Camden Reese. So excited to finally have this part taken care of! Hope everyone is well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->