*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Is anyone else starting to struggle at work? Iv got four weeks left and am starting to feel quite stressed at the thought of going in! It's quite hard going. I really don't know how I'm going to manage the next four weeks.:cry:

31 weeks today, down to single figures officially although I'm not counting my chickens just yet!!!

have my first physio appointment on Monday for my SPD, its been a long time coming but I'm hoping it will ease a bit of the pain, fingers crossed.

put the crib up yesterday, a little premature but it was leant to us so wanted to make sure its all working, which it is, so have been ordering crib and pram matttresses today, the only trouble I'm having now is that everything I've got out for the baby, my cats want to make their own and am constantly having to shoo them off as I don't want them to get used to it before the baby comes and then try and get in once the babies here, that would be an absolute nightmare!!

happy Tuesday everyone xxx:dust:

Happy 32 weeks toothfairy & Blu! And happy 31 weeks to fifipots :)

This is my 2nd and I am much more nervous. Kinda because I know what to expect :haha: but also I'm scared to be induced again, and also as DD was tiny (5.5lbs) I'm worrying this one will be double of that and tear me in to 2 :rofl:

Baby, what kind of work do you do? I finished work early on and I'm glad as I don't think I could have gone on much longer, so kudos to you for going on so long. Any chance you could go a bit earlier? x

Ladies I need your help :-(

I feel really down in the dumps last few days. Hormones or?

Seems like we are all so near and yet so far still. I feel really heavy and have SPD pain pretty bad. I am nowhere near organised for baby. Hubby decided we didnt need the big stuff delivering until beginning of november at 36 weeks. We haven't done a nursery yet as we will be having a change round of bedrooms when baby is about 6 months...he will be in with us until then so decided to leave our teenage kids as they are for now. So at the moment all I have is a huge pile of boxes and bags with all the babies clothes, blankets and smaller items etc. I just go look at this huge pile of stuff and it doesn't seem real.

To make things worse, hubby works away monday to friday. He does block jobs and has just started another which will be 4 wks long. I spend most of my time home alone tired sore heavy and lonely. I asked him not to take this job as I am getting closer and need him for reassurance and company but he has to work! I said that this one would have to be the last away job as I will be 36 wks when this is done. He said he'll have to see when the time comes and doesnt get why I am stressing as baby isn't due until 4th december!!! He really does not get that the baby could be earlier or than I might feel like having him around. I totally understand that he has to work though and am trying not to give him hard time about it.

I have cut down to only working 2.5 days a week for the last month and finish altogether in 3 weeks. So I am thinking this loneliness is only going to get worse.

I just feel so near and like I should be taken care of at this stage.......and yet it's so far to go and 8 more long weeks!!

Sorry for the moan....just wanted to vent and know if anyone else feels the same?

I don't think it helps going onto 3rd tri either.......makes me feel like I am closer to due date than I actually am!

Aww toothfairy :hugs: i think we all have fears/anxiety. The closer we get, the more real it becomes. When I get like that, I just remind myself that I'm not the first to go through this and will not be the last. If all of these women did it, I can!!

Happy 32 weeks to me and Toothfairy! :happydance:

I wish I wasn't working so much. I want to work less but can't afford to. But I'm an event planner and my body is just not cooperating lol. Did I mention I'm also working on my masters degree so I have class as well? I just need the next few weeks to fly by. It's so close yet so far away - if that makes sense. If baby could just cook for 5 more weeks, I think I'd be ok with him coming at 37 weeks. I just need my body back!!!

I know how you feel toothfairy. We have the baby crib set up, but all boxes and bags of clothes and diapers are piled inside and I don't think it's become a reality yet.

Sorry about your DH, sometimes they really don't understand at all. :hugs:

Toothfairy, I have felt pretty down lately too. I am working full time still, but 100% from home (got a note from my doc saying I needed to). I get lonely and don't talk to anyone all day. There is so much to do around the house and I can't do any of it without having contractions. Last night I had to go to Labor & Delivery because I had 8 contractions in an hour. I was monitored, given a swab and a shot, and released. No preterm labor yet, but it was still scary. The only reason my nursery is done is that I kept reading to have it finished by 28-30 weeks because twins come early and I will basically be unable to move around comfortably after 30 weeks.

That is so hard your husband is gone for 4 weeks. Do you see him on the weekends at least? I don't know how to make you feel better except by saying you aren't alone.

I kind of equate this time to the "calm before the storm" but I have no idea when the storm will hit.

toothfairy & shan :hugs::hugs: I think we can all start getting a bit panicked towards the end, I know I'm starting to a bit. You do have plenty of time though toothfairy, but maybe start sorting baby's clothes and little bits slowly so at least you feel like you're a little bit prepared?

You ladies aren't alone, I'm very ready to be done with work, and I'm not feeling too prepared for this baby to come. We have the crib but it's still in the box. My shower is the 20th, so I'm hoping that after that I'll feel more ready. I have my one last out of state work trip this week, so maybe afterward I can breathe a bit. It's hard to care about work at all. Like hello! I'm growing a human, I feel like that's more important than anything I have going on at work.

Happy 32 weeks toothfairy & Blu! And happy 31 weeks to fifipots :)

This is my 2nd and I am much more nervous. Kinda because I know what to expect :haha: but also I'm scared to be induced again, and also as DD was tiny (5.5lbs) I'm worrying this one will be double of that and tear me in to 2 :rofl:

Baby, what kind of work do you do? I finished work early on and I'm glad as I don't think I could have gone on much longer, so kudos to you for going on so long. Any chance you could go a bit earlier? x

Im a nurse, couldn't really go off early as off duty done for next month, if I was to go off it would leave them short. With a lot of shifts to cover. It's just really heavy work, and I'm tiring easily. But I can't complain the rest of staff are helping me a lot. It's just unfortunate that there are three of us nurses pregnant at the moment on the ward.

Toothfairy, :hugs: I know how it feels to have DH away; I've been apart from mine now for over a month, and it will be another 2 months before we're together (end of November, when i'm into my 37th week). He's in the Pacific in a pretty dangerous area, and I'm in Canada...so it's tough.
BUT that being said, what gets me through is knowing he's doing what he needs to do to support our family - including our new baby.
I haven't been buying anything mainly because I was hoping to do it with him -- but I have started to plan, make lists and share them, and get ready to start the purchasing eventually...so I understand that too! Can you make a list of milestones that you'd like to reach in these next weeks and work on that with him? Do you have your purchases lined up in an online wishlist or registry so that you can get it all in one swoop? I'm trying to take advantage of the ''extra time'' to find the absolute best buy on everything!!
We'll get through this together! The third trimester still gives us time -- a whole third of this journey!! :)

Expatt, you are a strong woman! I can't imagine how hard it would be to be away from my husband for that long. We all do what we have to do to get by in this world and its never our dream situation. I can't wait for you two to be back in the same place.

My cousin was in Afghanistan his wife's entire pregnancy. When he came home for the birth, he had never seen her pregnant or the house she lived in.

I am really bored, so I compiled all my weekly pics....Here they are...

Attachments

• progression.jpg
    progression.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
  • progression2.jpg
    progression2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 19
I am so over work too! And I still have 7 and a half weeks to go :(
Financially it makes sense for me to go til the end of November but if I'm struggling too much then I'm going to tell my boss I want to finish earlier.

Baby is head down! Now just have to pray that the placenta moves!

i can believe im going to have Angelyca in my arms in 2monhs 12 days n its going to go by so fast as i have alot going on. First i have hallowen than my Neice is due october 29th, than i have my baby shower/dh's bday party. than i have a friend due in novemebrr than i have Aaryellas first birthday and than thanksgiving!! its giong to b a crazy few months!!

Wow, lots going on here! Congrats on setting a date for delivery, bbygurl! how exciting!

San fran - love your progression pictures:thumbup:

toothfairy, sorry to hear about DH being away for 4 more weeks. Hopefully this will be his last out of town job! Do you get to see him on the weekends?

I'm so not prepared at all. My shower is this weekend, so I'm hoping after that I will get motivated. But its hard because i can't set up a proper nursery as we are just going to be moving a couple weeks after baby is born. I might try to make the office into a mock nursery, but no cute decorations or anything. perhaps just the dresser/changing table. I plan to let her sleep in the pack n play bassinet part for the first few weeks of life. I haven't even begun to think of what to pack for the hospital. I have had some light spotting lately, so my Dr said no BD until week 35! and to take it easy with my movements in general. But she said everything looks good, and LO's head is down where it should be, so that is comforting! I'm just not looking forward to 10 more weeks of work! i wish i could plan when she was coming so i could at least use my vacation days in the days leading up to her arrival. Oh well. Lovely US health system!

Hi ladies, haven't posted much but I have been doing my fair share of stalking :)

I have a doctor appt today, and they have been watching my cervical length because it's thinning. Not by much, about .1 mm a week but two weeks ago I was down to 2.9 cm, and my doctor says if I get to 2.5 cm or below I'll have to go on bedrest :wacko: I was seeing a different doctor because mine was gone on leave, so I'm not sure if she'll do another cervical ultrasound today or not.

I'm getting really anxious about having everything done for baby. I've been trying to hold off on a lot of things until after my shower, but now I think I've waited too long. We don't even have the nursery ready to go or anything! I think my hormones are getting to me.

I'm also starting to get super uncomfortable. I'm a CNA, and work is like a personal torture chamber for me. Can't bend/squat/lift like I used to, and that makes everything difficult. I hate to say it, but I'm really not enjoying being pregnant :( I've been having a lot of issues (BH & very strong cramps since week 23, among other things) and I'm ready to just be done.

Oh girls! If I was at home I would take some pictures of the disaster that is our "baby preparation." :wacko:
Nursery has the crib up but it has no mattress or sheets, there is no changing pad, and there are still screwdrivers and nails and boxes around from our assembling! There is also no decor up, no diapers or wipes, and we really only have a handful of sleepers and outfits!! It's a very chaotic appearing room. :blush:

And we just had our first (of 3!) showers last weekend, so now there is a car seat sitting in the dining room, tons of toys on the extra recliner downstairs and a huge box with an unassembed high chair.

The house is a baby death trap with no baby-proofing, small objects lying out everywhere and the dog has adopted the lambskin rug that was supposed to go in the baby's room, so now it is in dire need of a wash! :haha:

I feel like I can't buy anything until we have our other two showers, so it is hard to feel there is not much I can do! Thankfully MIL has let it slip that she has gotten us the crib mattress...phew!

And I'm counting down at work as well -- I'm a physician assistant and on my feet a lot like the other girls in healthcare, especially since I scrub in on procedures 3 days a week that last anywhere from 1-4 hours at a time (standing in one spot!) Can I just say how thankful I am for compression stockings? They help SOOO much! I have 7 more weeks left of work after tomorrow...but I'm already being called out for waddling and being a bit slow. It's all in jest though, truly my coworkers and colleagues have been quite understanding.

What I don't understand is how I can possibly continue to get BIGGER for the next 8 weeks and 4 days. You can be sure I'll be starting EPO at week 38 and red raspberry leaf tea as soon as I remember to buy some. I am taking my 39th week off as paid vacation so I'm hoping baby is AT LEAST on time, and not late! :shrug:

I am very happy about a few things though - as of my last midwife appt, baby is already head down (she could tell by feeling). Plus, baby has started having hiccups which means s/he is doing a good job of practicing breathing. Lastly, aside from 3-4 zombie-like trips to the bathroom each night, I'm sleeping pretty well lately. I have started to get what I think is SPD pain, but I'm mostly just trying to ignore it (denial?) and hoping it doesn't get much worse.

Sending big :hugs: to all the girls having a rough time for whatever reason...lets hope that pregnancy amnesia is real!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->