*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Beautiful name choice scoobydrlp!

It's wierd... I haven't noticed any BH's, but today, (and a few times in previous days) I've had what felt like cramping in my lower back and then cramps, like period cramps, at the bottom of my bump. Didn't seem to have much tightening on the bump or anything, but they get quite painful and really do remind me of contractions. I'm thinking it's just my body preparing or baby stretching things, but I find the back pains strange. These last for a few minutes then fade. I had a few in a row earlier today but nothing since. Anyone else have anyhting like this?

Beautiful name choice scooby! :flower:

Juless, I've been having painful BH but no back pains as such. I'd definitely keep an eye on those though - my friend was having lots of BH and back pains that reminded her of back contractions from when she had her first, she took lots of baths and some painkillers but decided to go to hospital to get checked out and they discovered she was 4cms dilated! This was last week, and she gave birth to her daughter @ 36+2 x

Thanks lolly, I'll keep an eye on it. Haven't had any since yesterday afternoon so hopefully it wasn't anything! I'd love baby to want to come earlier than my due date but not THIS early!!

Jules - i've had lots of bh for a while now too and they come frequently. Hopefully the painful ones ease up for you, but if they don't please have it checked out.

Sam - glad to hear your cervix is lengthening. Like i always say, you're such a trooper for being able to do what you do for work.

Scooby - that's a really beautiful name! And a really unique combination which is double win. Who came up with the names?

Sorry to hear that there are ladies who are unwell. I've been carrying on with the longest cold and it has seriously been over a month. I just hope i get rid of it soon so i don't pass it onto bubba.

We are all getting so close to having full term babies. I can't wait to start reading about the first waves of birth stories and gorgeous pics. Exciting times :happydance:

Hey ladies! I know I haven't been active on this thread in a while, but DH and I finally agreed on a name for our little girl, and I wanted to share. Her name will be Camden Reese. So excited to finally have this part taken care of! Hope everyone is well :)

Love the name! My friend at work recently named her baby girl Camden, I looooooove it

oh god thanks for the reminder about the lady garden!!!! ive told my oh he is going to have to man up and sort it out for me lol... can barely shave my legs never mind anything else!!! my chest infection has become 1000 x worse ive been allowed honey and gliserine syrup and vicks vapour rub plus an inhaler and tbh its done nothing!!! I have been leaking with most of the extremely violent coughing bouts so ive now had to get out my maternity pads.. luckily midwife on wednesday so will get her to check its not amniotic fluid as coughing with my 2nd dd broke my waters eventually after a week of it, also ive been informed i have to have whooping cough vaccine, flu jab and blood test on the same day i may have mentioned my needle phobia?? i am terrified!!!!!

I'm not getting any of the vaccines, but I wouldn't get them when I was ill mummyof2girlz, you'll feel even worse afterwards! Anyway you can ask to have them at a later date?

Scooby - that's a really beautiful name! And a really unique combination which is double win. Who came up with the names?

Thanks! I had always liked Camden for a boy, but when looking through some baby name websites I saw that people use it for girls too, which I had never thought of. I brought it up to OH and he loved it! We hadn't even talked about middle names really at all, but OH put Camden and Reese together and we both fell in love. Funny how we went so long not agreeing on anything, and then when the right names came along it was immediate agreement. :happydance:

Scooby... It is a lovely name :) You are so lucky to have name sorted we are still debating on one.

Mummyof2.... Your post sounds exactly like my symptoms! It's not pleasant to say the least. I have pulled a muscle on my side and on my stomach! They hurt everytime I cough! Fingers crossed we all get over these issues soon!!!

I nearly did something stupid today. I think nesting has kicked in and spring has arrived here. I spent 4 hours in the garden today and I was pruning a tree and got up on my dd's trampoline to trim up high and when I finished I was about to jump off it onto the grass!!!! I had to remind myself "your pregnant silly women". Garden looking good though :)

Hope you all enjoyed your weekends x

That's a lovely name scooby, I was just wondering if any if you ladies would like to come to my house and smash up my scales arghhhhhh I can't keep off them and its depressing and while your at it my mirrors as well :-( xxxxx

Yeah lolly i though that i think if i am still ill i will ask to have them another time... if at all i am very close now and i am unsure about the whooping cough anyway, flu jabs fine i have that every year but does make me feel slightly crappy for a few days afterwards.

Same here munch i feel like death doesnt seem to be going at all have tried everything drinking honey and lemon in hot water (ewww) the syrup, vapour rub, inhaler, steam, nebuliser i can not think of anything else... the minute i get into bed its a 100 times worse not had as much movement the last few days still have some but its all a bit worrying...

Don't let it get your down Saradavies! I don't have a scale and don't want one, lol! Though I do have to see when I'm at the doctor's, I try to avert my eyes, hehe... The antibiotics I was put on seem to be working and I'm starting to feel normal again, it's great! Still hacking up mucus, but not as much. Hope you all have had a lovely weekend! It went by so fast for me! It's crazy how fast time is going in general though, I feel like before I know it another week has flew by!

Question for those who work, do you have a desk job or an on your feet job? And how are you doing with either? I'm a veterinary assistant, and I'm starting to have a little trouble doing everything I need to. I'm on my feet pretty much all day, but there's also a lot of squatting and up and down involved, as well as trying to restrain large dogs and getting pulled around by them. I have the option of working at the front reception desk instead, which would require sitting in a desk chair a lot of the time, but also lots of getting up from the sitting position to greet clients, take payments, check fax machine, etc etc. I'm just not sure that would feel any better to me, combined with the fact that I'm not really trained and confident to do the reception job which will cause stress especially when things are busy and I don't know exactly what to do.

Do those of you with desk jobs think you would be happier/more comfortable if you could be up and around more during the day? And those with on your feet jobs, do you think you would fair better at a desk job at this point?

Hi ladies, huge :hugs: to those not feeling well. I find I am REALLY feeling the cold, and am having lots of tightening sensations around my entire belly. Is that BH? I've never had them before, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere near my cervix -- just right around and across my entire tummy.

I had my 30 week appointment last week, and it turns out that though I have only gained a few lbs in the past month (which I was worried about, but apparently is fine since I am healthy - must be the yoga or something...I haven't been weighing myself at home so it was a surprise), the baby is measuring at 32 weeks! This doesn't change our dates apparently, but the little one is already an estimated 3lb, 7oz. I had a scan done to make sure that my placenta had moved up (it was low lying), and it DID, so now we're clear -- barring any other complications -- for vag. birth!!!

Question for those who work, do you have a desk job or an on your feet job? And how are you doing with either? I'm a veterinary assistant, and I'm starting to have a little trouble doing everything I need to. I'm on my feet pretty much all day, but there's also a lot of squatting and up and down involved, as well as trying to restrain large dogs and getting pulled around by them. I have the option of working at the front reception desk instead, which would require sitting in a desk chair a lot of the time, but also lots of getting up from the sitting position to greet clients, take payments, check fax machine, etc etc. I'm just not sure that would feel any better to me, combined with the fact that I'm not really trained and confident to do the reception job which will cause stress especially when things are busy and I don't know exactly what to do.

Do those of you with desk jobs think you would be happier/more comfortable if you could be up and around more during the day? And those with on your feet jobs, do you think you would fair better at a desk job at this point?

I'm a teacher so I have to stand most of the time. Each week I am finding that I have to sit down more and more. In my head I'm screaming 'you're a bad teacher' but my back is saying 'thank you for the relief'! My students are pretty understanding about it so I guess its not too much of a problem.
I love teaching but personally if I had the chance to change to a desk job and the same hours I would go for it. As long as you have the chance to regularly stand up you should be just fine.

Scooby I was on my feet constantly at my work, and also bending and lifting lots. I went off at 26 weeks though thankfully, as I definitely wouldn't have been able to stick it out any longer than 31-32 weeks I reckon. That's when I've been hit with this awful pelvic pain. Really need to speak to my MW about it as its definitely getting worse. :(

expat - that sounds like BH :thumbup: they can be uncomfortable but it's usually just tightenings of the whole uterus.

Happy Monday (or not so!?) ladies :flower: another new week, time is really starting to whizz by now! I have my 34w check up with the MW on Thursday. I'm feeling good except this pelvis pain, it is really starting to bother me now. It's worse at night and first thing after waking, also if I've been sitting or walking for long periods of time :wacko: basically there's no getting away from it! Going to take DD for a swim today and hoping that help ease the pain a little x

Hey ladies just a quick question last night I kept getting really dull cramp bit like period pains does anybody no or has anybody had them, it never worried me was just slightly annoying lol.

Really don't want to be getting out of bed this morning I've put my arms out the quilt and its far too cold lol, I'm dreading going outside to let the ducks out :-( xxxxx

Hi everyone,

I've been super uncomfortable the last few days and got some pretty painful braxton hicks contractions over the weekend... is it my c-section time yet? :(

My boss is letting me work from home now which is awesome, it hurts to walk sometimes!

Scooby - I sit at a desk and I found it to be more uncomfortable as I'm carrying alot lower this pregnancy and she feels like she's right in my crotch. My work chair wasn't very comfortable!

Just a quick question...After BD last night I was spotting. Is that normal this late in pregnancy? It has stopped but I was having BH after as well. Just wanted to see what you ladies thought about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->