*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Work is becoming very difficult for me. I work in retail as a customer service manager, so I'm on my feet all day. Last night was rough. It felt like I was having one continuous contraction that just wouldn't go away. Anyone else had anything similar? Do you know what causes it? It wasn't like the BH I've had so I'm not sure :shrug:

Stark sometimes my bump seems to go hard for ages too and I am not sure if its a long BH or baby pressing out or what?!

toothfairy - Can't say I ever experienced that! Have you had a google to see if that's a side effect? I'll have a quick look for you now x

stark - I've never had a continuous BH either, your uterus should definitely start to relax after a while. Like toothfairy said though, sometimes my baby pushes her back and bum right out and it's really uncomfortable and it does make your bump go really tight x

Happy 33 weeks for yesterday Blu & toothfairy :yipee: 34 weeks tomorrow for me, I can't believe it! Time is really flying by now :)

Congrats and welcome Samia :hi: Are you team :yellow:? I'll add you to our list!

Arghhh my pelvis is really starting to hurt and get me down now :( I can barely walk some mornings, and getting out of bed at night to go pee is murder. I need some adult sized nappies :rofl: Have my MW appt tomorrow so going to speak to her about it, as a lot of friends of mine have suggested it may be SPD and I could get one of those special belt type things and some physio/exercises to help.

Lolly you really need to get seen or it will only get worse, I went for my first physio appointment on Monday and just from her streching my hip a little has made a difference, then I had a pregnancy massage this morning and the masseur couldn't believe how knotted the whole right side was, especially my bum cheak which keeps cramping, it absolutly killed but I could feel the pressure working and hopefully it will help balance out my pelvis which is slightly out of line this time round, but I know the pain you're feeling, the physio also gave me the biggest tubeygrip bandage to put round my middle rather than a support belt as she said most people past 32 weeks don't get on with the belts as they can dig in a bit, I don't know how true this is but although highly un attractive the tubeygrip is actually helping and making a difference xx

I googled it Lolly and seems some women report this as a side effect. The majority or posts I have read on it these last few weeks don't seem to mention it though so maybe it's not a very common one. I think maybe my digestive system is a bit sensitive this pregnancy and especially in 3rd tri. Seems any little thing is making it worse. I am now really scared I will be like this in the later stages of labour!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info Fifi :thumbup: I will defo mention it to my MW tomorrow and hopefully they can do something to help. I was just looking in to getting a pregnancy massage too, so will get that booked in ASAP. Thank you :hugs:

Uh oh toothfairy! That's a shame, but just think of the little time you'll be pushing. You won't have time to poo, that baby will just pop right out :haha:

I am hoping to get all the toilet business out of the way in early labour as have heard it's quite common at that stage!!!!! I am definitely going to go to the "1 hour" physio session so will let you know what happens or what is said. The only problem is I will have to wait a couple of weeks until I am on maternity. The session is when I am at work and although I know I am entitled to time off for it I would feel a bit bad needing a few hours off at this stage when I only have 6 more working days to go!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! 6 more working days!!!!!!!!!! That has just made my stomach flip!!!!!! Girls...... these babies are going to be here before we know it!!!!!!!:blue::yellow::pink:

Hi Ladies! Happy 33 weeks for those becoming honeydews! I'm still a squash, but happy to be 31 weeks!

We just got back from our 3D ultrasound, it was so good! Baby is head down, facing my spine, but I was able to lay on my side to get some clear face pictures. The tech was also surprised I was 31 weeks because I still have some good amount of amniotic fluid. So I guess that's good? I've been drinking lots and lots of water, so I'm sure that's why. The pictures are in my journal. I must say it's just nice to know what it is I feel moving around in there (feet, bum, and elbows) haha.

Happy 33 weeks for yesterday Blu & toothfairy :yipee: 34 weeks tomorrow for me, I can't believe it! Time is really flying by now :)

Congrats and welcome Samia :hi: Are you team :yellow:? I'll add you to our list!

Arghhh my pelvis is really starting to hurt and get me down now :( I can barely walk some mornings, and getting out of bed at night to go pee is murder. I need some adult sized nappies :rofl: Have my MW appt tomorrow so going to speak to her about it, as a lot of friends of mine have suggested it may be SPD and I could get one of those special belt type things and some physio/exercises to help.

hey thanks!
no im team blue:cloud9:

ladies how r youur sleeping at night?
Do you sleep well or get woken up by going to toilets?
I must admit i sleep like an angel! :cloud9:
I do wake up twice just to see what time it is and i go back to my dreamworld haha.
Im so happy i dont get woken up by my bladder lol

Samia I must say that I am one of the lucky ones but it isn't consistant. When I am sleeping I sleep well and wake maybe once to use the bathroom and USUALLY fall back asleep. However some nights I toss and turn and have miserable sleep and I'm down to the bathroom 2 or more times and cannot fall back asleep. The latter is perhaps once a week and no fun at all but I nap during the day when I can on those days. Be happy you are one of the lucky ones! I'm sure a lot of the girls here have terrible restless sleep everynight and go to the bathroom 5+ times. God bless them! At least we're in the home stretch now, then we will be waking for feedings instead!

I wake up usually once or twice to use the bathroom, though some nights I sleep right through - love those!
I am overwhelmed right now by how amazing my MIL is! She is so kind! She lives a 7-8 hour drive away and unfortunately doesn't drive long distances. Due to lack of funds (it's SO expensive to travel, esp as we have to pay $50 to cross the Confederation bridge plus gas), and because my OH is in a new job so hard to get time off, we haven't seen her since last Christmas. She is extremely generous to us and our DD and I just finished going over 2 HUGE boxes she sent up! There are lots of super cute baby clothes, birthday presents for DD, some money to buy her and the baby each a present and lots of other little things for them. So sweet!!

I wake up to use the bathroom at least twice overnight. For a while I was waking up every 2 hours on the dot, but recently it hasn't been so frequent. Thank goodness, because it's such a struggle to get out of bed!

I had a dream last night that I had the baby on Christmas Eve. The weird thing was that in the dream I didn't actually remember giving birth, I just remembered going to the hospital, and next thing I new there was a baby! I asked the nurse if it's normal for women to completely forget everything about giving birth. Hahaha, I can't remember her reply. Also I remember that the nurse left it up to my mother and myself to check my BUN/CREAT levels, and we had to mix up some sort of weird formula with water and some crystal type stuff, but we kept doing it wrong. Crazy preggo dreams!! I would be very happy to have baby on Christmas Eve though, just don't want to have her after due date. Maybe that part will come true!

Here we go, got the image url so I could post a couple of my favorites in here. Love love love him already.

https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1q4d6mwI1qzxy9q.jpg
https://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1q4jdITJ1qzxy9q.jpg

wow hun, amazing picture. Look at that little smile. I wonder what he is thinking about?

Ive read that babies can dream in the womb..... what can they dream about if they have no knowledge yet? Just one of those random questions that my OH came out with.... guess I need to think about these things just like where do babies come from. lol.

Hi ladies!

I also get the issue of something that feels like one looong tightening of everything. I’m putting it down to BH, though it tends to always happen when I am just getting up from sitting, or laying down. Maybe it’s just gravity!

Other than that, I’m doing okay but I am getting the headaches back that haunted me through the 1st tri. Plus peeing normally 3 times per night, which is okay, but it does take me a good 5 minutes to first shuffle out of my pillow nest, then snuggle them all back around. I can’t wait till DH gets here - 6 more weeks - so that I can just snuggle up to him instead. Reaaaally miss that!

I forgot to mention that at my 30 week app’t. my obs told me NOT to take raspberry leaf tea, because it’s not proven to work, and in his words ‘if everything is progressing well and naturally, there’s no need to add anything into the mix that could change that’. I found that honest, but also a bit disappointing, since so many people seem to really rave about it!

Love seeing all of those beautiful photos as well :) :)

daydream what a little cutie you are baking!! That is one of the best 3D pics I have ever seen :cloud9: a bit jealous we didn't get one now!

I am ok at night time, once I drop off I'm pretty much dead to the world :lol: these past few weeks with my pelvis hurting so much has been different though. I'm more conscious even when asleep, so kind of tell myself to get up to go the loo. Only once or twice in the night though I think.

Thanks Lolly! I am so pleased with the pictures we got. I think the tech was even relieved bc at first he was facing my spine and had the cord in front of his face. After a bit of maneuvering we were able to get some awesome pics! Soon enough we'll all have our LOs in our arms, which is AMAZING!

I know, I still can't believe how quickly time is going. How's everyone doing for getting things organised now? I finally finished packing my hospital bag... was so strange putting in her outfits and thinking that the next time I see these will be on her little body :cloud9:

Beautiful pics of a beautiful cutiepie daydream!
Scooby, I've had a few giving birth dreams over the last couple months. I keep dreaming that baby is early, and that it's a boy! Last dream was that I had her at 36 weeks and when I went to dress her she didn't fit in any clothes as she was too small and for some reason it didn't feel right for me to put her in girl clothes. I didn't know for sure it was a boy but felt like it was! Not sure why I keep dreaming it's not a girl, lol! Would be crazy if this ends up being a boy!!
As for getting ready, my nesting has slowed down quite a bit. In my head I want to do things, but my body is too tired. I still need to finish packing my bag and baby's bag, organize some more things. Luckily clothing has been washed/put away for a while now as well as toys, blankets, etc. Closer to the date I'll sterilize the pacifiers and bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->