*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

GenY, lots of fantastic news! :yipee: that's great that DH will be able to catch baby... not sure about the camera on helmet gear though :rofl: actually, I think that's pretty cool too!

I was also thinking it's great we haven't had (or at least heard of any - seeing as theres about 120 girls, probably more, who don't update in here!) any super early preemies. I am sensing a few coming next month though!

GenY hilarious thought of the helmet cam!! What is kangaroo care? I also want a delay on the cord clamping...but will only get to visit the hospital at 36 weeks to have that answered....eeks.

Expat if you want it, then demand it! Make your birth your own :) we had it written down in our birth plan for DD but the MW didn't even read it :dohh: luckily my OH remembered that's what I had wanted and voiced it before she could get the clamp on!

Good advice lolly, thanks :) Here's a logistical question though - if I want the cord delayed by a few minutes, what does that mean in terms of wanting immediate skin on skin time with the baby? Does it stretch that long, or do I wait to hold the little one?

Umm, this is probably a really dumb question but what's the deal with delaying the cord clamping? I've never heard of that before...

Still stalking along here. Was so miserable last night after work I laid in bed in the fetal position and cried a bit. Haven't had a real crying jag yet though. Just had some bad BH and cramps. I wanted to get in the bath tub but didn't even have the energy to crawl in there, and unfortunately since FOB and I aren't together had nobody to take care of me. What a baby I've turned into :haha:

Also, I have been getting kicks/movement like CRAZY this week! More then I've had my entire pregnancy!!

Sam I am sorry you are having a hard time. I think its inevitable really with all these hormones. I think you are amazing going through this alone. You'll get ALL of your little ones love when it arrives x x x

I don't know about the cord thing either?? My little monkey is back up under my boobs. He felt like he dropped a few weeks ago and midwife confirmed he was head down. WHen I was at hospital on thursday her was transverse!!! Little scamp! I see consultant on tuesday at 34 weeks as I am 40 and I think I get a scan too so will hopefully find out where he is. My own midwife is never very sure!

Am I the only one who hasn't started packing the hospital bag yet?? I was going to wait until I am on maternity at 36 weeks so I have something to do! I am very unorganised! Have bought all the little stuff but its still all in carrier bags and boxes until we get babys new wardrobe delivered in the next week. The big stuff like pram cot carseat etc is not being delivered until 1st week in november. We haven't done the nursery yet as we have teenage children and will be juggling bedrooms when baby needs one so leaving this until next year!

Expat the cord is plenty long, so don't worry about if it will reach :) you'll definitely still be able to have skin to skin, I did with DD and was lovely.

Ladies - Delayed cord clamping (clamping the cord once it has stopped pulsating) is a good idea as it increases the baby's blood volume by a third and all of the amazing stem cells created in cord blood gets passed in to baby. There's so much good blood and iron stores from the placenta that doesn't get passed to baby when the cord has been clamped quite soon after birth, so by delaying this, that blood gets taken to the baby and can help reduce the risk iron deficiency anaemia. There's loads of other reasons and research done in to this , this website will probably explain it better than I can :) https://cord-clamping.com/2011/09/22/delayed-cord-clamping-sharing-the-information/ so have a read if you can x

On delayed cord clamping, Ive just had a chat with my midwife and she said it should now be common practice in all NHS hospitals to wait until the cord has stopped pulsating before they clamp it :) Unless theres a problem and they need to get baby out quick for some reason so just ask your midwife about it they should be saying the same thing :thumbup:

My hospital does it routinely now, which is good

Went to our first antenatal class today, OH had fun and chatted with the other guys and I'm sure he feels much more confident on how to help and support me during now. X

lol i had tolaugh about the helmetcamera!
Such clever idea!

@toothfairy! : Your not the only one! I havent started either and was stressed about baby stuff for the last couple 2 a 3 weeks!
In the beginnning i bought nursing chair and changing wood!
Last week bought basket storage for the wood changer.
Bought shampoo's. This week i bought towels and muslin squares and blankets and 1 romper for the baby!
Im having a boy again so i have the pj's and underwearclothes (loads of them) and a moses basket for the first 3/4 months

All i need is day clothes, nursing support pillow, hats/mitss , im not sure what else!
I havent even think about hospital bags lol..
Its too much!!.. thats why i was asking for some inspiration or idea's
for the baby and the hospital! and me!

Thanks toothfairy... there's been times where it's really tough but at this point I can't imagine FOB and I being together. It was not a good relationship and the stress of a baby would have made it much worse.

I'm going to ask my OB now about this cord clamping thing. I guess I never thought about it before.

I haven't even thought about packing my hospital bag yet. I should probably at least get baby's ready though!

Finally got some work done in the nursery today! Ripped down the wallpaper and border and scraped all the glue off, and put together the crib. Going to buy paint, a new ceiling fan and new sconces this week so everything will be gorgeous and ready to be filled up before my baby shower. I feel about 10x less anxious now :)

Sara your bump is really cute, you'll be back in your jeans in no time!

My babies wardrobe that we had made was delivered today unexpectedly a couple of weeks early!! This means I can start to unpack all the bags of stuff I have lying around at long last. Am looking forward to it and will probably pack my hospital bag at the same time as this makes sense. To be honest its all a bit real and scary now!!!!!

My DD just had her 2nd birthday party. It was just immediate family, my parents, sister, BIL and neice and nephew. Nice and small and she had a great time! She was so happy to spend so much time with them and loved her cake! Can't believe 2 years has flown by already! It's crazy, when your baby is here time seems to speed up! So many amazing memories along the way though. :)

Yay for the wardrobes arriving early toothfairy :yipee: it is a bit scary doing it all as it means you really are getting towards the end now, no turning back :haha: it's all good though!

Happy 2nd birthday to your DD juless :) glad she had a great day!

Well ladies my pelvis is really starting to get to me now. I've been sleeping pretty well this whole pregnancy, but now I'm barely sleeping a wink what with all the toilet trips and being in pain :( I will happily have this baby @ 37w now! I wanted to get to 40, but I'm just about done :rofl: x

I just had my first noticably uncomfortable day. We went to the Rennaisance Festival, which required a lot of walking, and sitting on hard benches, and then a lot more walking, and so on. After a few hours I was feeling so much pressure and just really feeling pregnant. So strange for it to hit me all of a sudden.

Morning every am up bright and early had to take OH to work and omg what are all these crazy people doing out at this time lol get back to bed, well had a poo nights sleep last night well was fine once I finally got to sleep but omg I had such a wriggly baby and this morning, considering there movements are ment to slow own due to lack of room, she was havin a full on rave in there last night dxxx

Ttclolly I'm in the same boat, hoping my baby will come at 38 weeks like her brother did, I'm peeing every 5 min and sleep is hard!

Sara same here, it's been party Time in my uterus! Lol

Hello Ladies!

Haven't updated in a few days...

Things are mostly going good here. I have contractions all day, but they are pretty standard for me now. I have a prenatal appt today at 3:30 and will make sure my cervix hasn't changed from them.

No hospital bag for me yet. I know the hospital provides disposable undies for me, and vests and diapers for the babies. I will probably just stay in the hospital gown the whole time, so I need something to wear home and the babies' going home outfits. Oh, and hair ties!! I can't stand to have my hair in my face so that's a big one. I am procrastinating soo bad on the bag and my mom was just here visiting and got me all freaked out about not having the bag done. Like what if I go into labor when my husband is at work and need to call an ambulance. Yikes!! Guess I should get it started!

Sounds like a lot of us are in a lot of pain. Every time I lift my right leg it feels like my pubic bone is going to split open. You ladies walking the 5Ks amaze me! I can't even walk through a grocery store, LOL.

My sister stayed with me all weekend with her 6 weeks old son and he gave all our gear a test drive. Looks like we are ready! That is a good feeling!

5 more weeks for me....docs want the babies out at 36 weeks! Oh and I am going to ask about delayed cord clamping but I am not sure they will do it with twins. Like after the 1st baby is out, they will need to get him out of the way asap to get the 2nd one out.

Hi all

How is everyone?

I cant believe how quickly time has flown by and in a few more weeks the first of us will be updating this thread to say he/she has arrived! I wonder who will be first?!

We had our baby shower at the weekend and got loads of newborn stuff which is great as i have been buying 0-3, 3-6 based on peoples advice. I think I should buy a few more newborn outfits and just make sure to keep the receipt. So some suuuuuuuuuper cute outfits :)

Im starting to feel a bit pregnant lol. Sounds strange but aside from the kicking I havent had it too bad. Yesterday I was getting a bit of back pain but thats about it.

MW tomorrow and scan on wednesday. Wonder if i can get anymore pictures? Have people started shopping for xmas stuff not wanting to do it with a newborn? Im nearly done now. Just exciting. I can just enjoy my maternity leave rather than thinking about all the shops I need to still visit. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->