*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Quick question for everyone. At my last midwife appt I was told that baby is head down in my pelvis. This is quite obvious to me as I can feel her turning her head and get these frequent sharp pains in my lady parts. When I lift my leg to dry from the shower it feels like a hard round ball pushing against the bones. Does anyone else feel baby like this? I'm still getting kicks up in my ribs though so I don't think she is that far down yet.

OT I ended up walking (slowly) the 5k last weekend and had such a good time (pic below since I never posted one of me and DH). Near the halfway point my hands began to swell like crazy and I had issues getting my wedding ring off. Then at the very end there were people standing around clapping and cheering and one guy who must have thought he was being super motivational was yelling "PUSH!!! PUSH!!! You can do it!" to everyone who passed him. I started laughing so hard I almost peed myself and told my husband, "that's the last thing that guy needs to be yelling at a pregnant woman right now!"

Daydream I am also so so jealous of those gorgeous pictures. He has such an adorable squishy face. Can't we all just wait to kiss on our babies?!

Attachments

• 31 weeks.jpg
    31 weeks.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 9
I haven't had any dreams of labour yet! I have dreamt about when baby is here, but funnily enough I never get to see baby's face :wacko: it's like my subconscience is even trying to keep her looks a secret from me. I did dream a lot with DD and juless, I also dreamt she would come out a boy! I did really want a boy that time though so maybe that was why!? I was in sleepy denial :haha:

Well done on your 5k LillyLee :thumbup: seriously impressive! I take it your hands returned to their normal size!?

34 weeks for me today :yipee: crazy to think I'll be full term in just 3 weeks! My pelvis is giving me so much grief I am starting to hope she doesn't keep me waiting 6+ weeks to meet her, but babies do tend to come in their own sweet time and knowing my luck I'll probably carry her until 42w!

Hi Ladies

I have had a very eventful day. What a nightmare. I have had bad headache for a few days and I woke at about 1.30am with it really bad and some strong BHs too. Was awake all night. I called midwife this morning for advice and she told me to go to Triage at Labour and Delivery for BP checking. I arrived about 8.30 at the same time as another lady. We were shown to beds next to each other. She was screaming in labour, they obviously checked her 1st and she was 9cm and wanting to push! She was whisked away quickly obviously but I was shaking at this point! She scared me silly.

Anyway they put me on monitor for movements contractions BP etc for about an hour. I was told my BP was up 144/94 (usually 120-110/60-70). Also had some BHs but they weren't concerned about this. My BP went down ever so slightly and had no other PE symptoms. They took blood to rule it out too and if I don't get a call by and of today I am to assume this was normal. But during the monitoring babys heart was 140-160 most of the time, at one point though it showed a dip for a little while to 90-110 ish. So when the midwife came back she was a bit concerned. I had to be monitored another 40 mins and it was ok. She said I needed to see a doctor who took 2 hours to arrive. Doc was also a little concerned about this dip so got a senior registra. She seemed to think that either the baby had moved (he was very active during monitoring) and the machine lost contact for a while and picked up my heart rate, or that the little one was playing with his cord or something. SO I was allowed home.

I have to get BP checked on tuesday but have my 34 wk check up at the hospital with consultant that day as I am 40 so this will double up. I am to rest and was advised to give up work sooner than planned in 2 weeks.

The thing that is worrying me senseless now though is the little ones heart rate. My 1st baby had emergency vontous as she had cord round her neck. All I can think of now is that this one might be same or be in trouble and he won't make it. I suddenly feel terrified I won't get to bring him home and wonder how I'll get through the next 6 weeks worrying like this every day.

Really sorry for the long post but I am just beside myself.

Oh yeah..... and midwife said he was transverse when I got there. Then the junior doc thought he was head down???

Tooth - i'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds awful. I hope you can get all the support and reassurance you need to get through this final stretch of pregnancy with minimal stress. You are very close to the finish line, keep that in mind and hang in there :hugs:

Oh toothfairy :hugs: I'm sorry you've had such a stressful day. It does sound like your baby moved slightly off the trace but if you are at all worried please do speak to your MW xx

Hey ladies just dropping by to see how you are all doing :)
Tooth- read your post in 3rd tri im really sorry you had this scare but hopefully some of the other ladies have given you a bit more reassurance about it now :hugs:
Lolly- hope you can get some help with the pelvis, ive had PGP since about 18 weeks but its eased off a bit as she still high, not looking forward to the drop and pain I know will be coming! The things we put up with.
Lillylee- congrats on the 5k!
Also beautiful pics of bumps and babies everyone :thumbup:
AFM im doing ok, finally finish work next week and SO ready for it as they have been awful my whole pregnancy. Finding it hard to stand for too long at the moment I get really breathless and a bit dizzy, wish she would drop so I can breathe properly! Heres my most recent bump pic taken today at 34+2 :)
https://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/HannahandIan/IMG_0329.jpg

Toothfairy :hugs: what a day!! Goodness your little one is already being cheeky and moving around on you... plus it sounds like there's been some conflicting information in your day, but the fact that you were able to get seen and checked, then double checked, by quite a few people is such a good sign -- surely they wouldn't send you home if they weren't sure that you would be okay, since there were so many concerned individuals making sure the bub -- and you -- were stable. Will keep sending you positive thoughts :hugs:

Ichisan - cute photo! Your jammies are already getting me in the christmas spirit!

Thanks for the support ladies! I posted the same on 3rd tri and got some reassurance from others there who have had this happen when having traces and been told its normal. Now I'm calmer and rational again I guess they were pretty happy with him to have sent me home. He's kicking hell out of me as we speak so a good sign. Any glimmer if him being quiet and I'll be straight back in no messing!!

Aww toothfairy :hugs: glad everything is ok. I think these little ones like giving us such frights sometimes! But they always have a way of letting us know they are ok - even if it is kicking the hell out of us or headbutting our bladders!

Itchiscan such a cute bump shot! Love the jammies.

Happy 34 weeks Lolly!

Lilly - how awesome of you to complete the race. Such a great photo. And I about fell out of my chair laughing at the man yelling push!

We brought some more stuff for baby last night, small things like bottles and pacifiers. I'm excited about the Tommee Tippee Closer To Nature collection - I've heard such great things. We have a few other varieties in case baby doesn't like them but I'm hopeful they will work. I wish I could get a scan to see my little one - haven't seen him since 20 weeks! That seems like so long ago but we're not paying for another scan at this point. So curious as to what he looks like. I can't wait to hold him!

Blu we used TT CTN and found them great :thumbup: we've bought them again to use this time for when we are ready to start combi feeding :)

Ok, here's my bump today @ 34w. I think it's starting to drop a bit... she feels like she has too (my poor pelvis!)

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/52C35FC4-F030-4DDC-9A82-334EA716A0D0-9525-0000081BC3E6518D.jpg

Fab bump Lolly!
I think I've dropped some too. And I think baby is head down now because I think he is hitting something in my pelvis and it hurts.

Thanks girls :hugs:

expat - For me, I've been able to breathe a lot easier and eat more as my lungs and stomach are less squished :haha: she feels very low and heavy in my pelvis too, and her kicks aren't as high as they were before x

hi girls!
About dropping:
I'v had BH today alot and my bump got really hard , it was very uncomfortable.
I had to do stop and sit as i was doing baby shopping for my baby ..pushing pushchair with my 14kilo 2,5year old son lol!
I noticed 2 hours ago that my bump was low all of sudden , so it seems like he dropped a bit.
And yes you can able breath more !
My baby was breech but i know 5days later he was head down and still is.
I willhave my appointment next tuesday in hospital so i hope my dream comes true!

girls, what else do you need to buy for the baby? or are you all finished?

I'm just about all done, I don't think there's anything left to get. I feel very organised!

Yeah, mine looks lower to me. It's not right up against my boobs.

Lolly, I think you're just a little bit lower than where you were too.

And I know I've asked this before but I don't want to go back through all of the posts:
What's in your bag for you and what's the the baby's bag?

Thanks,

I've just copied this from right out of my journal

Ok, finally got my hospital bag done :yipee: there's still a few little bits left to put in there, like my dressing gown and slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste, a bit of make up & hairbrush, but I'm still using all of those things so just going to have to remember to pack them when in labour! Here's what's in mine;

• 2 pairs of pyjamas
  • 2 nightshirts
  • thick pair of socks
  • 5 pairs of disposable briefs
  • 3 pairs of big old knickers :haha:
  • a towel
  • 10 pairs of breast pads
  • 10 maternity towels
  • shower wash & puff
  • lansinoh nipple cream
  • a pack of tissues
  • camera charger & iphone charger will go in closer to EDD
  • going home outfit (pair of leggings and a baggy long jumper)
  • 2 nursing bras (still to get!)

Will pack snacks closer to EDD I think.

Changing bag (baby's stuff)
  • 4 sleepsuits
  • 4 vests
  • 2 hats
  • going home outfit
  • baby blanket
  • 2 muslin cloths
  • 18 nappies (better to pack to many than not enough!)
  • cotton wool pads

I have more than likely overpacked (although no where near as much as I did with DD :haha:), but I'd rather have a few too many things than sending OH out to fetch stuff. We don't live nearby the hospital so thought I'd just take as much along with me x

Hello ladies!
I have been following along, just not much to report here.
Saw MW yesterday, baby is head down but oblique (head is in left lower quadrant, feet up in my right ribs). S/he definitely hasn't dropped yet -- I'm still breathless and bump is right under the boobs! I am measuring right on schedule though and the baby is very "boring and normal," which I love.
We got to ask a few questions about delivery yesterday and I was very pleased to find out that delayed cord clamping and kangaroo care are STANDARD PROTOCOL in my hospital! Plus baby will stay in the room with me the whole time, AND.....

DH GETS TO DELIVER (CATCH) THE BABY!!! MW says she thinks it is so wonderful when the first pair of hands to touch the baby are daddy's! Oh we both got sooo excited (DH is totally into it) and now I *REALLY* hope we get to deliver vaginally (no reason to think we wouldn't, but you never know). Of course my DH wants to wear his GoPro helmet video camera (meant for snowboarding) on his head while he delivers...not sure I want to see that footage!

After today I only have 6 weeks left of work, and thank goodness, because my legs feel like lead from carrying all of this weight around. I have a bit of the pelvic discomfort as well, but nothing nearly as bad as some other girls on here so trying to be thankful. The breathlessness is annoying--but I'm going to try and waddle through a 5K this weekend. DH has promised to walk with me and help push me up the hills if needed :)

I am not at all prepared and ready...we have one last shower next week (at work) so after THAT one I'll be able to go buy all the essentials we don't yet have enough of (bottles, pacifiers, breast pump necessities, diaper cream, etc). I was super lucky to find a barely used Ergo Sport on craigslist yesterday for a STEAL at $50! Will have to stuff a teddy in there tonight and practice walking around with it!

I was thinking the other day how lucky we are to have not heard of any super preemie babies coming out of this group -- really we are all far enough along now that any early surprises should be quite healthy and only need a bit of extra care. YAY for being good incubators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->